PDA

View Full Version : iPad help needed.

Dr Lecter
29-09-16, 08:12
Not sure how best to explain this properly so I'll just give an example and hope it makes sense.

I've noticed that things you can click on don't seem to work on my iPad.

For example, if I'm on live nation and I try and click on the bit that says "find tickets" nothing happens.

Its happened a fair bit lately on websites where you have to click on things to navigate somewhere else.

Anyone know what's going on?

Personally I blame Trollope - everything was ok last season.

Llanedeyrnblue
29-09-16, 08:42
Not sure how best to explain this properly so I'll just give an example and hope it makes sense.

For example, if I'm on live nation and I try and click on the bit that says "find tickets" nothing happens.

Its happened a fair bit lately on websites where you have to click on things to navigate somewhere else.

I have a problem with mine in that it will no longer keep me logged in to web sites, I've got to constantly log in,although all my passwords are still in Safari I've been on to Apple and they couldn't sort it out. This began after I downloaded IOS10 uPdAtE last week,have you downloaded it?

Cleve van Leef
29-09-16, 08:48
Seems to have occurred in latest update and also in 10.1 so they haven't sorted it yet.

Former Labour leader
29-09-16, 08:50
Yes, I have all sorts of little issues myself. I suspect its something to do with the respective websites not having totally compatible software. Not sure what you can do about I apart from complaining to websites. I find most stuff works fine via my laptop. In fact this site is a pain using my iPad, using my phone now which is easier now than it was at first.

Llanedeyrnblue
29-09-16, 08:58
Seems to have occurred in latest update and also in 10.1 so they haven't sorted it yet.

I've got 10.2 still not sorted

Dr Lecter
29-09-16, 09:04
I have a problem with mine in that it will no longer keep me logged in to web sites, I've got to constantly log in,although all my passwords are still in Safari I've been on to Apple and they couldn't sort it out. This began after I downloaded IOS10 uPdAtE last week,have you downloaded it?

I did the update thing two days ago but this has been going on for a while now.

I don't generally have a problem with the password thing but every now and then eBay will do it - I just assumed that was a security thing for eBay.

Dr Lecter
29-09-16, 09:07
Yes, I have all sorts of little issues myself. I suspect its something to do with the respective websites not having totally compatible software. Not sure what you can do about I apart from complaining to websites. I find most stuff works fine via my laptop. In fact this site is a pain using my iPad, using my phone now which is easier now than it was at first.

Had the issue the other day when trying to buy tickets. Luckily I had my laptop set up ready as well just in case - no problems on my laptop so that's how I know it's an apple/iPad problem.

No problems on my iPad with this site though - once I'd got rid of those bloody adverts everything was ok.

Cleve van Leef
29-09-16, 09:24
I've got 10.2 still not sorted

10.1 is the beta version

Zenith
29-09-16, 09:49
Never update apple products within the first 2 months, there are always problems

Llanedeyrnblue
29-09-16, 11:04
10.1 is the beta version

Correct

Cyclops
29-09-16, 11:10

The Oracle and All-Round-Computer GURU that is Mrs SR has a view on this - which seems to revolve around the use of Adblocker.

It is also great for kitchen appliances.

Dr Lecter
29-09-16, 11:14
The Oracle and All-Round-Computer GURU that is Mrs SR has a view on this - which seems to revolve around the use of Adblocker.

It is also great for kitchen appliances.

I was hoping if I kept it low key, she wouldn't notice this thread.

Every time she tries to give me technical advice about computer stuff I end feeling like the special needs kid in school trying to figure out long division.

Cyclops
29-09-16, 11:24
Every time she tries to give me technical advice about computer stuff I end feeling like the special needs kid in school trying to figure out long division.

It's the cavalier but mumsy way she condescends to spray advice around - like an inverted steamer in the hands of a feminist. I don't mind being talked down to - but she would be better fulfilled buying a parrot.

Llanedeyrnblue
29-09-16, 11:33
It's the cavalier but mumsy way she condescends to spray advice around - like an inverted steamer in the hands of a feminist. I don't mind being talked down to - but she would be better fulfilled buying a parrot.

Ouch

Dr Lecter
29-09-16, 12:00

I can almost feel her exasperation seeping through the screen when she's trying to explain computer stuff to me.

I'm sure she thinks I'm just pissing about half the time to annoy her.

Thanks to her (and many other kind souls on here) I'm now up to the level of a seven year old when it comes to computer stuff.

Mrs Steve R
29-09-16, 12:03
Why would I need a parrot? I already have you on my back all the time. :biggrin:

Mrs Steve R
29-09-16, 12:06
I can almost feel her exasperation seeping through the screen when she's trying to explain computer stuff to me.

Thanks to her (and many other kind souls on here) I'm now up to the level of a seven year old when it comes to computer stuff.
Always here to help Doc, in my mumsy condescending way. :thumbup:

Dr Lecter
29-09-16, 12:06
Why would I need a parrot? I already have you on my back all the time. :biggrin:

:hehe:

Owned.

By a girl.

Cyclops
29-09-16, 12:16

Owned.

By a girl.

fingers
29-09-16, 13:37

Sometimes this works as a way around it; instead of tapping the (in this instance) "Find Tickets" button, hold the button until a menu comes up, then click "Open Link" on the menu. As I said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Llanedeyrnblue
29-09-16, 13:43
Always here to help Doc, in my mumsy condescending way. :thumbup:

What causes this problem then, it's not Adblock I've turned it off?

Mrs Steve R
29-09-16, 14:06
What causes this problem then, it's not Adblock I've turned it off?
Could your update have reset some of your browser settings?

Colonel Cærdiffi
29-09-16, 14:14

Are you sure about that? That's God Tier computing.

Llanedeyrnblue
29-09-16, 14:17
Could your update have reset some of your browser settings?

I've checked that

TH63
29-09-16, 14:25

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I think you're overstating your abilities here

lardy
29-09-16, 14:31

Probably seventy year old is more accurate. Younger is definitely better in this field.

Colonel Cærdiffi
29-09-16, 14:45
Ha ha, we've all had a bit of fun here but in all seriousness, 7 year-old's are fvucking idiots.

Cyclops
29-09-16, 15:25
I thought of suggesting a sticky about ads on here and the use of Adblocker - 'til I realised it would halve the total posts on here and deprive one nameless poster of her reason for living...

Tandy
29-09-16, 15:39
I thought of suggesting a sticky about ads on here and the use of Adblocker - 'til I realised it would halve the total posts on here and deprive one nameless poster of her reason for living...

Blue in the face is a woman? :sherlock:

Mrs Steve R
29-09-16, 15:43
Christ, are you due on or something?

Cyclops
29-09-16, 15:52
Christ, are you due on or something?

No, the gigs on Saturday

blue matt
29-09-16, 16:42
none of you are using Hola are you ?? ?

in the past 2 weeks i have helped two people ( on another forum ) who had installed Hola and it had caused this, even when they turned it off, it was still happening, when they deleted the app, the problem stopped

Dr Lecter
29-09-16, 18:50
Sometimes this works as a way around it; instead of tapping the (in this instance) "Find Tickets" button, hold the button until a menu comes up, then click "Open Link" on the menu. As I said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Just tried that and it worked.

Nice one - much appreciated.

Dr Lecter
29-09-16, 18:53
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I think you're overstating your abilities here

You're probably right there. My 7 year old grandson often takes my iPad or the Sky remote from me because I'm taking too long.

I think I've turned into my dad.