PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Rogers "Celtic would be top 6 in Premiership"

MacAdder
29-09-16, 19:29
The buffoon seems to have forgotten about his 7 nil drubbing the week before :hehe:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/10598426/brendan-rodgers-thinks-celtic-would-be-a-frightening-prospect-for-premier-league-clubs

Dr Lecter
29-09-16, 19:39
The buffoon seems to have forgotten about his 7 nil drubbing the week before :hehe:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/10598426/brendan-rodgers-thinks-celtic-would-be-a-frightening-prospect-for-premier-league-clubs

Top six in championship.

I assume that's what he meant.

Llanedeyrnblue
29-09-16, 19:49
He's a joker

Bluebird since 1948
29-09-16, 19:52
The guy is the laughing stock of football, it's one of the reasons he's gone north of the border as no one in the English leagues can take him seriously.

valley boy
29-09-16, 20:01
He was talking about the Welsh Premiership.

Llanedeyrnblue
29-09-16, 20:10
He was talking about the Welsh RUGBY Premiership.

MacAdder
29-09-16, 21:09
He's a joker

You'd have thought so but I was just watching him speaking about it on SSN and I really don't know how he kept a straight face.

He seems to be just trying to keep his profile up (not sure whether 'keep' is the right word mind) after deciding to venture north of the border, as if to justify his decision that it was not a backward step.
Deluded if he really believes it!

TruBlue
29-09-16, 21:11
You'd have thought so but I was just watching him speaking about it on SSN and I really don't know how he kept a straight face.

He seems to be just trying to keep his profile up (not sure whether 'keep' is the right word mind) after deciding to venture north of the border, as if to justify his decision that it was not a backward step.
Deluded if he really believes it!

The bloke is a bellend, but what's he expected to say? We all know they wouldn't, he knows they wouldn't and everyone watching knows they wouldn't, but the fans who pay his wages expect him to big up the club more than anything. For that reason he's got to act deluded whilst pretending hie's not a c**t.

CCFCPhil
29-09-16, 21:23
what a idyut

Bobby Dandruff
29-09-16, 21:46
The guy is the laughing stock of football, it's one of the reasons he's gone north of the border as no one in the English leagues can take him seriously.

I have to agree with that.

He talks impenetrable rubbish and has become a parody of himself.

MacAdder
29-09-16, 22:14
He... has become a parody of himself.

Hasn't he just :hehe:

CCFC CASUAL
30-09-16, 07:02
I have to agree with that.

He talks impenetrable rubbish and has become a parody of himself.

Are you on about Rodgers or this piss poor not even funny multi CCFCPhil?

LordKenwyne
30-09-16, 07:17
Their three best players are Scott Sinclair, Leigh Griffiths and Kolo Toure.

Top six clubs were so desperate to clinch deals for those three. They eventually decided Celtic was too big draw though.

lol.

Jimmy the Jock
30-09-16, 07:32
Its all about the money

If Rangers and Celtic had the premier league money they would indeed be top six in the premier league.

I watched Watford v Burnley in the week and to be honest it was shit , no better than the fair served up in some Scottish games yet a whole load more money had been spent.

At the moment Celtic would struggle in the premier league probably just above the relegation fodder, Rangers would struggle in the championship but they are a work in progress.
Brendan is indeed one of the finest bell ends in football at the moment . I do think he is quite a good manager though.

jon1959
30-09-16, 07:35
To be fair to Brenda, Celtic had an average home attendance last season that would have put them 5th in the EPL - behind Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle - ahead of Liverpool, Sunderland and Chelsea (the other clubs that topped 40,000 average).

If they were in the EPL and sharing in the TV money for a few seasons - and if they had a good manager (!) - there is no reason with their fan base and stadium that they wouldn't be able to compete at the top of the league. Not with their current team and not for a few seasons, but after that why not?

Bobby_The_Bhoy
30-09-16, 07:50
Its all about the money

If Rangers and Celtic had the premier league money they would indeed be top six in the premier league.

I watched Watford v Burnley in the week and to be honest it was shit , no better than the fair served up in some Scottish games yet a whole load more money had been spent.

At the moment Celtic would struggle in the premier league probably just above the relegation fodder, Rangers would struggle in the championship but they are a work in progress.
Brendan is indeed one of the finest bell ends in football at the moment . I do think he is quite a good manager though.

Great post Jimmy :thumbup:

Bobby_The_Bhoy
30-09-16, 07:50
To be fair to Brenda, Celtic had an average home attendance last season that would have put them 5th in the EPL - behind Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle - ahead of Liverpool, Sunderland and Chelsea (the other clubs that topped 40,000 average).

If they were in the EPL and sharing in the TV money for a few seasons - and if they had a good manager (!) - there is no reason with their fan base and stadium that they wouldn't be able to compete at the top of the league. Not with their current team and not for a few seasons, but after that why not?
Another great post :thumbup:

Namaste
30-09-16, 08:00

Bit like Newcastle?

Des Parrot
30-09-16, 10:19
Bit like Newcastle?

Exactly

Skinny Pete
30-09-16, 11:49
That guy really is the David Brent of football. Clown

Bobby Dandruff
30-09-16, 14:20
That guy really is the David Brent of football. Clown

Yes!

That is a good analogy.

Bobby Dandruff
30-09-16, 14:21
Bit like Newcastle?

LOL - good point.

Pilkers
01-10-16, 09:53
If they had the financial resources and world wide exposure of the English prem, they'd be one of the biggest clubs in Europe, top 6 in England no question...They've sold 50k season tickets to watch 3rd rate spl garbage ffs, the potential there is enormous.

goslow
01-10-16, 09:57
Bit like Newcastle?

And leeds

jon1959
01-10-16, 10:14
And leeds

Celtic are nothing like Leeds (although the Newcastle comparison is fair).

They have a massive support in their stadium (approx 45,000 average last season), not just a massive support in the delusional mind of a messageboard WUM (not you this time - 'chris')