PDA

View Full Version : PAUL TROLLOPE SACKED

itkman
04-10-16, 11:31
http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-041016-3345909.aspx

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that Paul Trollope's contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

We'd like to thank Paul for his efforts and wish him the very best of luck for the future.

Assistant Coach Lennie Lawrence and Performance Director Ryland Morgans have also left the club with our best wishes.

An announcement regarding Paul's successor will be made in due course.
Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-041016-3345909.aspx#rpvuBCSGaOtucBGA.99

Robin Friday's Ghost
04-10-16, 11:37
I'd expected Lenny to be left in charge as caretaker pending a permanent replacement. The fact that he isn't suggests we have a permanent replacement in mind? Or maybe Tan has decided to try us without a coach to see how that goes? :shrug:

itkman
04-10-16, 11:38
I'd expected Lenny to be left in charge as caretaker pending a permanent replacement. The fact that he isn't suggests we have a permanent replacement in mind? Or maybe Tan has decided to try us without a coach to see how that goes? :shrug:

Tan is getting measured up for his tracksuit bottoms as we speak...

Jursset_BrisCity
04-10-16, 11:39

Maybe Tan is going to have a go himself.
What's the bet you get a deadcat bounce and beat us next week???!

This makes you a dangerous wildcard now.

WJ99mobile
04-10-16, 11:45
GIGGS LINED UP

HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Taunton Blue Genie
04-10-16, 11:45
http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-041016-3345909.aspx

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that Paul Trollope's contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

We'd like to thank Paul for his efforts and wish him the very best of luck for the future.

Assistant Coach Lennie Lawrence and Performance Director Ryland Morgans have also left the club with our best wishes.

An announcement regarding Paul's successor will be made in due course.
Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-041016-3345909.aspx#rpvuBCSGaOtucBGA.99

He has been confirmed as a guest on 'Pointless'.

Organ Morgan.
04-10-16, 11:46
Am surprised the fitness fella Morgans has also gone after just 13 weeks.

What's the cheapest option now? Rowberry and Young?

lardy
04-10-16, 11:47
Where does he rank on our shortest tenure list?

THE DON
04-10-16, 11:48
We need experience now. I hope they go for Warnock. Maybe a short term fix but at least we'd be in relatively safe hands.

Alex!
04-10-16, 11:48
Time to get my CV in

life on mars
04-10-16, 11:51

sounds like someone in with a full back up crew back already approached.

Michael Morris
04-10-16, 11:52
Am surprised the fitness fella Morgans has also gone after just 13 weeks.

What's the cheapest option now? Rowberry and Young?

Morgans came from Liverpool and was highly thought of (from what I can remember when he came). Our performance in recent matches has been dreadful and it seems he maybe wasn't all that he was cracked up to be.

No disrespect to Lennie either but I'm glad he's gone as well.

Great move by the club to clear the lot of them out.

Now let's hope they get the next appointment right and don't pick a name out of thin air

Joe Gillis
04-10-16, 11:54
About time!

Since62
04-10-16, 11:54
Morgans came from Liverpool and was highly thought of (from what I can remember when he came). Our performance in recent matches has been dreadful and it seems he maybe wasn't all that he was cracked up to be.

Now let's hope they get the next appointment right and don't pick a name out of thin air

Maybe they left out of a sense of loyalty to Paul Trollope , who was almost certainly the one who persuaded the board to appoint them.

Jursset_BrisCity
04-10-16, 11:56
Steve Cotterill.

I am putting money on it.

Rjk
04-10-16, 11:59
Time to get my CV in

With all due respect, I once painted the outside of my parents house. That job is mine

Ainsley Harriott
04-10-16, 12:00

16" collar?

Tandy
04-10-16, 12:08
Thanks Trolls, it was a tough act to follow.
Good luck.:thumbup:

the other bob wilson
04-10-16, 12:10
Maybe they left out of a sense of loyalty to Paul Trollope , who was almost certainly the one who persuaded the board to appoint them.

Agreed, I'm sad it's come to this because I think Paul Trollope will prove himself at another club in the future, but it was the fact we were getting worse rather than better which made me feel a change had to be made. If we accept that Malky was not a Tan/Dalman pick, this makes it one so so managerial appointment (Slade) and two poor ones for them now - unless they do better with their fourth one, we can start preparing for League One football next season.

Charlie
04-10-16, 12:12
That's 3 Welsh clubs in the last fortnight.
Bet the Wrexham manager is shitting it..

Zenith
04-10-16, 12:14
Giggs inevitable :hehe:

Jursset_BrisCity
04-10-16, 12:18

Didn't he follow that tedious bald headed PE teacher????

celticknight
04-10-16, 12:19
So Trollope is another one thrown onto the "Decent No. 2, Useless No. 1" pile?

So then... what's the odds on Fat Sam Allardyce? :hehe:

Liverpool fans thought Morgan was overrated. When he was with them apparently fitness was one of their weaker areas.

TH63

You had a go at ME for being sarcastic the other day :hehe:

Taunton Blue Genie
The Cardiff Way RIP

Hilts
04-10-16, 12:20

:hehe:

LordKenwyne
04-10-16, 12:22
Please get Guidolin in.

It would be beyond hilarious.

Tandy
04-10-16, 12:23
Didn't he follow that tedious bald headed PE teacher????

That bald headed PE teacher managed to get us 16 points more than your shower of shit. :thumbup:

jon1959
04-10-16, 12:24

Stand up at its finest!

:hehe: :hehe:

jon1959
04-10-16, 12:37
Agreed, I'm sad it's come to this because I think Paul Trollope will prove himself at another club in the future, but it was the fact we were getting worse rather than better which made me feel a change had to be made. If we accept that Malky was not a Tan/Dalman pick, this makes it one so so managerial appointment (Slade) and two poor ones for them now - unless they do better with their fourth one, we can start preparing for League One football next season.

I think Trollope will be a success in the future too.

I really wanted it to work for him and the club, but the evidence of 12 games is damning and the right decision has been made at the right time.

As far as I was concerned the manager and club (Choo and Dalman) were saying the right things and seemed to have put structures and processes in place that would take us in the right direction. But words were not reflected in performances and in some player' attitudes (although there were others who were clearly desperate to turn things around).

Trollope has shown tactical flexibility and didn't just try to reproduce the Wales system - but something is missing. I suspect he is not a great man-manager and motivator, it seems the fitness work isn't a effective as we expected under Morgans, and he has for some reason been too conservative in selection and ended up with a lack of pace and cutting edge. When you add to that the strange lack of form by so many of last year's decent players (Immers, Ralls, Connolly), the unavoidable loss of Fabio and the stupidy late decision to cash in on Marshall - it was a recipe for failure.

Whether the squad we now have has the quality many have claimed or is as useless as others insist, it is surely capable of better performances and results than we have seen in the first quarter of the season. An experienced manager who can get them playing to their strengths and with confidence should be able to ensure mid-table safety. Talk of the play offs by club officials and pundits is just asking for it.

What's the betting that (as Trollope never used them) Huws and Bennett turn out to be stellar signings?

Jursset_BrisCity
04-10-16, 12:37
That bald headed PE teacher managed to get us 16 points more than your shower of shit. :thumbup:

I would argue it was more to do with the state of our club than anything that buffoon and his brand of football did.

Isn't he about to get sacked from another League 1 club?

Dr Lecter
04-10-16, 12:41
I would argue it was more to do with the state of our club than anything that buffoon and his brand of football did.

You're wasting your time arguing with our resident troll.

He's thicker than a Bristolian.

thehumblegringo
04-10-16, 12:42
What's the betting that (as Trollope never used them) Huws and Bennett turn out to be stellar signings?

Either that or their contracts will be cancelled by mutual consent :hehe:

Charlie
04-10-16, 12:46

Letters thanking Tan are being drafted as we speak..

Jimmy the Jock
04-10-16, 12:46

There are a multitude of leagues for Mr Slade to sample on his way to finding his true level in Cardiff and districts league football.

Hilts
04-10-16, 12:47
You're wasting your time arguing with our resident troll.

He's thicker than a Bristolian.

Very harsh..

Dr Lecter
04-10-16, 12:52
Very harsh..

Fair point.

On reflection I'll change it to 'as thick as'

Pedro de la Rosa
04-10-16, 12:56

Klopp shipped out Morgans after a while didn't he? Maybe he wanted him own man, or maybe he wasn't up to much?

Pedro de la Rosa
04-10-16, 12:58

We are world class at this! One thing the club can be very proud of.

Whisperer
04-10-16, 12:59
Go get Steve Bruce before villa snap him up.

life on mars
04-10-16, 13:06

Could kit be Warnock , Holloway, with Bellamy to assist, to enable a calm dressing room aura

Since62
04-10-16, 13:09

I really wanted it to work for him and the club, but the evidence of 12 games is damning and the right decision has been made at the right time.

As far as I was concerned the manager and club (Choo and Dalman) were saying the right things and seemed to have put structures and processes in place that would take us in the right direction. But words were not reflected in performances and in some player' attitudes (although there were others who were clearly desperate to turn things around).

Trollope has shown tactical flexibility and didn't just try to reproduce the Wales system - but something is missing. I suspect he is not a great man-manager and motivator, it seems the fitness work isn't a effective as we expected under Morgans, and he has for some reason been too conservative in selection and ended up with a lack of pace and cutting edge. When you add to that the strange lack of form by so many of last year's decent players (Immers, Ralls, Connolly), the unavoidable loss of Fabio and the stupidy late decision to cash in on Marshall - it was a recipe for failure.

Whether the squad we now have has the quality many have claimed or is as useless as others insist, it is surely capable of better performances and results than we have seen in the first quarter of the season. An experienced manager who can get them playing to their strengths and with confidence should be able to ensure mid-table safety. Talk of the play offs by club officials and pundits is just asking for it.

Do you not think that it might just be possible that certain players thought the fitness work was a bit too "effective" for their liking as it involved more effort than they were prepared to put in? There appears to be a clear issue in the changing room that it will take a strong willed manager to put right.

Organ Morgan.
04-10-16, 13:11
Could kit be Warnock , Holloway, with Bellamy to assist, to enable a calm dressing room aura

Excellent call. Add John Gregory as Director of Football and it'll be the Dream Team.

jon1959
04-10-16, 13:31
Do you not think that it might just be possible that certain players thought the fitness work was a bit too "effective" for their liking as it involved more effort than they were prepared to put in? There appears to be a clear issue in the changing room that it will take a strong willed manager to put right.

Could be. I remember a few comments by players on 'In The City' where they referred to the fitness regime under Ryland Morgans and implying that the bar had been raised. It was hard to get a read on their attitude - either gentle piss taking of a regime they found hard work but welcomed, or else resistance to something they saw as imposed and unnecessary.

I just saw a clip on SSN of the Wales squad training today, and Morgans was pictured with Coleman. So his 'other' job is carrying on as before.

Since62
04-10-16, 13:31
Excellent call. Add John Gregory as Director of Football and it'll be the Dream Team.

Do the club have enough brown envelopes in stock to deal with a couple of those suggestions?

A Quiet Monkfish
04-10-16, 13:42

I'm not so sure. Everyone goes on about tactics and formations, but the biggest influence a manager can have on a club, both positively and negatively, is what players he brings in and moves out. On that criteria he's a complete and utter failure. His alleged success with Wales obviously didn't involve transfer dealings, just the squad that was available..

Ring_Peace
04-10-16, 13:46
16" collar?

:hehe:

Harry Monk
04-10-16, 14:02
To be fair, that Ryland guy has come a long way since his appearance on X Factor.

lardy
04-10-16, 14:12
I'm not so sure. Everyone goes on about tactics and formations, but the biggest influence a manager can have on a club, both positively and negatively, is what players he brings in and moves out. On that criteria he's a complete and utter failure. His alleged success with Wales obviously didn't involve transfer dealings, just the squad that was available..

I'd probably say it's the opposite. The manager doesn't have sole control of purchases and sales but he usually does with formation and tactics.

Blue in the Face
04-10-16, 14:13
Gutted it didn't work out for PT because the intentions were good.

I'm kind of annoyed we lose him altogether now. There was a massive improvement when he arrived as coach. Shame we didn't keep him in that position.

Best of luck for him in the future.

Blue in the Face
04-10-16, 14:17
Could be. I remember a few comments by players on 'In The City' where they referred to the fitness regime under Ryland Morgans and implying that the bar had been raised. It was hard to get a read on their attitude - either gentle piss taking of a regime they found hard work but welcomed, or else resistance to something they saw as imposed and unnecessary.

I just saw a clip on SSN of the Wales squad training today, and Morgans was pictured with Coleman. So his 'other' job is carrying on as before.

My hunch is that the replacement manager is already lined up and wants to bring in his own staff.

Vimana.
04-10-16, 14:29

Mmm.. a little higher on the chest .. yess .. yess ..gooood..

Vimana.
04-10-16, 14:32
This action appears to confirm that the Club, and Tan .. give a sh1t.

This is good news.

No offence to PT , but he would have had to be expecting the axe. It is good to see the club acting decisively and with the best interests of CCFC in mind.
What they do next will hopefully be equally good news.

Blue in the Face
04-10-16, 15:05
Mmm.. a little higher on the chest .. yess .. yess ..gooood..

:hehe: Brilliant

surge
04-10-16, 17:37
The ideal would be for Trollope to resume his position as first team coach and to find a role for Morgans (was he the one who handled Wales' fitness?) and LL with a different manager coming in. He's a well respected coach and many of the things he was saying and doing were, sadly only on paper, good for this club.

We seem to be in a constant rotation of spending money, having to spend more money to cancel contracts, not being able to spend sufficiently to have a good chance of success but still needing to spend money. It's a massive appointment to make now.

MacAdder
04-10-16, 18:10

Too quiet and not a man-manager / manager.
Players really need guidance when things are not going to plan both individually & collectively and judging by his parting interview (below) he couldn't supply a solution.
If anyone has any doubt about whether he was given enough time or not (nearly everyone on here seems are without doubt) see if you can find anything which has would suggest to his employers that he could get us out of this mess.
It was clear to me when I read it on the weekend that these the words of a man who'd ran out of ideas and knew what was coming.

.."I can understand the frustration, I’m frustrated in myself and the position we’re in, because it’s not where we should be and it’s not where we want to be. I completely understand the frustrations, they pay their money and they sing what they sing, but we’re working hard, the international break affords us some time to hopefully improve.It’s not a nice situation, of course, but it’s football. I’ve been around the game all my life and I know what it is and what happens. It’s not pleasant because we’re working very hard. We’ve taken some injuries to key players which I believe has had a baring on results but that’s what you have a decent squad for.

You have to have broad enough shoulders to take it because whatever league you’re in there’s pressure. I can understand why they sing what they sing, I’ve taken a bit but that’s football"...

Harry Paget Flashman
04-10-16, 20:37

A success elsewhere based on what?

jon1959
04-10-16, 21:51
A success elsewhere based on what?

Based on Trollope being a well respected coach, bright and articulate, and I expect him to be a better manager/coach in the future after his experience with Cardiff. He got some things badly wrong (obviously) but I don't think he is the whole explanation for our performances and league position. I expect him to be back in work as a coach or assistant manager fairly soon, and maybe in the hot seat again at some stage - though probably not at Championship level.

Just my opinion. He could end up behind the counter at MacDonalds, but I think not.