PDA

View Full Version : Trollope - double training sessions and his nutritionist

Since62
04-10-16, 13:46
Apparently Trollope had the players doing double fitness sessions, ignoring the advice of the fitness coaches, which is why they are so tired apparently.

Lost the dressing room a while back apparently (which it seems we all kind of guessed).

As for Lennie - he is more like someone from SAGA holidays than a football manager / coach. The nutritionist that Trollope has is despised by the players.

Who next - there are a couple in the pipe line - but I dont know the full details so cant lay claim to being the 'new leader' :hehe:

Hopefully the new manager will be strong enough to get some of the players to do what they are told rather than what they want/can get away with.

Ring_Peace
04-10-16, 13:48
Hopefully the new manager will be strong enough to get some of the players to do what they are told rather than what they want/can get away with.
Except Whittingham, obviously.

splott parker
04-10-16, 14:37
Apparently Trollope had the players doing double fitness sessions, ignoring the advice of the fitness coaches, which is why they are so tired apparently.

Lost the dressing room a while back apparently (which it seems we all kind of guessed).

As for Lennie - he is more like someone from SAGA holidays than a football manager / coach. The nutritionist that Trollope has is despised by the players.

Who next - there are a couple in the pipe line - but I dont know the full details so cant lay claim to being the 'new leader' :hehe:

This is exactly what I heard today from someone very close to one of our players. The players are, apparently, worn out and leaving everything on the training pitch with bugger all left in the tank for a match day. Over trained and knackered rather than under trained and unfit was what I was told, may well be correct.

Blue in the Face
04-10-16, 14:49
Are you guys telling Paulkies?

life on mars
04-10-16, 14:59
Disgusting if true , fancy having them train so hard on perfect surfaces kicking lightweight balls , with better nutritional plans , travel and staying in comfort , don't tell Gary Bell and his mates from back in the day who played and trained in far worse conditions .

Llanedeyrnblue
04-10-16, 15:07

Lennie is Mr Burns

Pedro de la Rosa
04-10-16, 15:32
Disgusting if true , fancy having them train so hard on perfect surfaces kicking lightweight balls , with better nutritional plans , travel and staying in comfort , don't tell Gary Bell and his mates from back in the day who played and trained in far worse conditions .

What's disgusting about them being overworked? They are clearly unfit compared to every other side, whereas in years gone by, everyone did the same things, and thus it wasn't as obvious.

If Trollope went against the advice of his fitness coaches, he's thick. Look at Ramsey, Wenger constantly goes against the advice of his coaches and medical staff and so Ramsey constantly picks up soft tissue injuries.

Dr Lecter
04-10-16, 15:37
Lennie is Mr Burns

Excellent.

qccfc
04-10-16, 15:41
If you are doubling up at fitness work, you are having less time for other sessions, may that be technique, tactics, formations, or set-piece.

Even if you are doing Tactics after a double fitness session, then your head isn't in the right place to take in the information anyway.

Could be an issue with the players picking up a new formation. Its not an unreasonable explanation.

the other bob wilson
04-10-16, 16:15
This is exactly what I heard today from someone very close to one of our players. The players are, apparently, worn out and leaving everything on the training pitch with bugger all left in the tank for a match day. Over trained and knackered rather than under trained and unfit was what I was told, may well be correct.

If they were short of fitness when they reported back for pre season training and three months later they are knackered, shouldn't there have been a time early in the season when they were at absolute peak fitness and be running their opponents into the ground before they started to fade? If there was, I must have blinked and missed it because we've been useless and conceding late goals all season.

qccfc
04-10-16, 16:18
If they were short of fitness when they reported back for pre season training and three months later they are knackered, shouldn't there have been a time early in the season when they were at absolute peak fitness and by running their opponents into the ground before they started to fade? If there was, I must have blinked and missed it because we've been useless and conceding late goals all season.

the suggestion are they are fatigue going into matches, whilst their opponents are rested. This would show up more as the game went on.

Pedro de la Rosa
04-10-16, 16:29
If they were short of fitness when they reported back for pre season training and three months later they are knackered, shouldn't there have been a time early in the season when they were at absolute peak fitness and be running their opponents into the ground before they started to fade? If there was, I must have blinked and missed it because we've been useless and conceding late goals all season.

If you listen to Raymond Verheijen (Bellamy rates him, others less so), he says you need to build up fitness as the preseason goes on and rest players regularly throughout the season. He's been proved right about Ramsey this season anyway.

I think the players are either unfit or tired, one or the other, that's clear for all to see. In this case, either Trollope or Morgans weren't doing their job properly.

the other bob wilson
04-10-16, 16:31
the suggestion are they are fatigue going into matches, whilst their opponents are rested. This would show up more as the game went on.

But if we were trained and trained there would have been a time, albeit a very short time, when we had an edge in fitness over other teams who were using the more traditional, and sensible, method of building gradually to a peak. That surely should have shown for a while, but I've seen nothing from the players to indicate that this was the case.

splott parker
04-10-16, 16:51
But if we were trained and trained there would have been a time, albeit a very short time, when we had an edge in fitness over other teams who were using the more traditional, and sensible, method of building gradually to a peak. That surely should have shown for a while, but I've seen nothing from the players to indicate that this was the case.
The short time we were fitter would have been during a game with us fading as the game progresses. This does seem the case in a few matches this season, although not scoring when on top, there's certainly been times when we've been more lively than our opponents early on in games. Players should be 'fitness trained' to peak on match days, whether it's the first game of the season or last. Perhaps Trollope tried to pack 6 weeks of pre season training into the first 4 weeks of the season due to his Euro '16 absence?

Blue in the Face
04-10-16, 16:55
If youre right - then yes we may have had the edge over other teams - but you must have forgotten we have NO strikers of any use - no goals at home scored by a city player this season.

Dutch Ray - I said previously I would like him to be involved here even with Bellers - but now is not the time to take yet another gamble - no matter how tempting it may seem on paper.

Dutch Ray is a cnut

life on mars
04-10-16, 17:13

That's my thought and you would expect some sign of fitness benefits, if these tales are true.

My thoughts run to the fact they lack interest , commitment , desire, and the very critical matter of simply passing and defending .

jon1959
04-10-16, 17:31
That's my thought and you would expect some sign of fitness benefits, if these tales are true.

My thoughts run to the fact they lack interest , commitment , desire, and the very critical matter of simply passing and defending .

From what I have seen and heard, whatever the issues with physical fitness, there has been a real problem with what happens between the ears. They have lost concentration, lost goals, lost confidence and faded away far too often.

Lawnmower
04-10-16, 18:11
Would explain a lot... What happens now for the likes of Lambert, Richards and Huws who came here to play for PT ?

Vimana.
04-10-16, 18:19
Incredible.
Literally.

NYCBlue
04-10-16, 18:23
Lennie is Mr Burns

Lennie is Emperor Palpatine.

life on mars
04-10-16, 18:26
Think you will find they came for the wage and regular football, not the Trollope dream , that's managers spin.

Lawnmower
04-10-16, 18:42
The short time we were fitter would have been during a game with us fading as the game progresses. This does seem the case in a few matches this season, although not scoring when on top, there's certainly been times when we've been more lively than our opponents early on in games. Players should be 'fitness trained' to peak on match days, whether it's the first game of the season or last. Perhaps Trollope tried to pack 6 weeks of pre season training into the first 4 weeks of the season due to his Euro '16 absence?

Was thinking the same ref pre season Steve

Hilts
04-10-16, 18:48
Would explain a lot... What happens now for the likes of Lambert, Richards and Huws who came here to play for PT ?

They will get on with it. Bennett as well. Huws will hopefully show us what he can do.

Could be the end of Zahore. Small chance that Fred may be able to make a contribution.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
04-10-16, 18:50

:thumbup:

EastbourneBlue
04-10-16, 19:40
This is why Imners has been a shadow of his former self. His body is just not used to it having come from overseas where training is more tactical.

Expect to see significant improvement very quickly.