PDA

View Full Version : Openbox question

superfeathers
06-10-16, 21:45
Sorry off topic!
I know a lot here have posted about these for football. If someone was to have one of these set up to watch football, but still wanted to keep basic sky (because of the Mrs liking it for catchup box sets etc) is there any way to avoid swapping the satellite lead in and out of each box depending on what you're watching?
Ps Im not confident to add another connection to the dish wondering if a different way
Cheers!

Igovernor
07-10-16, 04:23
yes you can use a switchable splitter but you can only use one unit at a time, cost about £5 but there is another box that can be fitted that will allow you to use sky and another box at the same time, it was developed so that you could use a single feed off a dish to watch one channel and record another channel at the same time, not sure how much they are or where you can get them but google will show you where:thumbup:

Maxim
07-10-16, 18:02
Sorry off topic!
I know a lot here have posted about these for football. If someone was to have one of these set up to watch football, but still wanted to keep basic sky (because of the Mrs liking it for catchup box sets etc) is there any way to avoid swapping the satellite lead in and out of each box depending on what you're watching?
Ps Im not confident to add another connection to the dish wondering if a different way
Cheers!
The idea of openbox is not to pay for sky,i pay £20.00 year for all channels.