PDA

View Full Version : Giggs open to managing Wales in future

Zenith
10-10-16, 09:27
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37602968

If a club like Hull came sniffing as with Coleman in the summer, Giggs would be long gone by now.

The Bob Banker Spanker
10-10-16, 09:29
Who would manage us for our friendly games?

TH63
10-10-16, 09:41
No way

qccfc
10-10-16, 09:46
Dont think he would command respect amongst this group of players, wasn't there an interview with Ledley (i think) where he made the statement that as a world class players Bale always turns up unlike some in the past. It seemed like a barbed comment at the time.

How could Giggs ask players to show commitment to a cause that he didnt.

Enoch Mort
10-10-16, 10:09
Dont think he would command respect amongst this group of players, wasn't there an interview with Ledley (i think) where he made the statement that as a world class players Bale always turns up unlike some in the past. It seemed like a barbed comment at the time.

I worked out that, between his Wales debut and retirement from international football, Wales played something like 119 games and Giggs managed to play in 64 of them. Not much passion and commitment there.

jamieccfc
10-10-16, 10:14
We're finally starting to come good he would put us back 50 years

valley boy
10-10-16, 11:23

Thats a very good and valid point. Giggs did not want Wales when he was needed so he can bugger off now that he is scratching around for a job.

Zenith
10-10-16, 11:29
If Wales were in the shitter he wouldn't blink an eye, can't imagine many in that dressing room respect him for his international career.

life on mars
10-10-16, 18:14
He could try out as a marriage counsellor.

Bluebird since 1948
10-10-16, 18:40
The bloke is so arrogant thinking he can just walk into a top job without much previous experience. His Swansea debacle of an interview was a great knock to his significant ego, his words today seemed to insinuate he thought he was a better candidate than a man with almost 3 decades of football management.

Take a job at a youth team or lower league side and work your way up, every single top manager worked his way up from the bottom.

Croesy Blue
10-10-16, 19:25
http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-extra-robbie-savage-on-giggs

A goodbye article on Giggs and savage being arrogant about the Swansea appointment.

I can't say I want the jacks to do well but into would be one in the eye for the proper football men of this country who think they have a Devine right to every premier league job without working their way up.

jamieccfc
10-10-16, 21:13
The bloke is so arrogant thinking he can just walk into a top job without much previous experience. His Swansea debacle of an interview was a great knock to his significant ego, his words today seemed to insinuate he thought he was a better candidate than a man with almost 3 decades of football management.

Take a job at a youth team or lower league side and work your way up, every single top manager worked his way up from the bottom.

He actually thought he deserved the man utd job :hehe:

jamieccfc
10-10-16, 21:15
http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-extra-robbie-savage-on-giggs

A goodbye article on Giggs and savage being arrogant about the Swansea appointment.

I can't say I want the jacks to do well but into would be one in the eye for the proper football men of this country who think they have a Devine right to every premier league job without working their way up.

I had to give up after reading savages first sentence although Bradley does seem an odd choice it's not as if he's some random yank they plucked out of the air I was really impressed with what he did with the US soccer team

MacAdder
10-10-16, 22:05
Who would manage us for our friendly games?

:hehe:

TruBlue
10-10-16, 22:22
As long as he went elsewhere first to prove his worth. Hopefully the Wales job is no longer a trainee job for people looking to get into football management. Although ironically Speed who is credited with the start of the recent revival did just that.

Zenith
11-10-16, 07:32
Bellamy has been working with youth teams and learning his trade all over the world for free since he retired, and still doesn't feel he is quite ready for management.
Giggs is an arrogant sod who seems to think he can get any job because of who he is. Can't believe he said Swansea don't match his ambition. He should be starting out at Newport, not Swansea in the first place!

Eric the Half a Bee
11-10-16, 08:08
The domain name www.mybrothershotwife.com is available. That's about the only thing he could probably manage.

Splott-light...
11-10-16, 12:30
The domain name www.mybrothershotwife.com is available. That's about the only thing he could probably manage.

Why did him brother shot wife..?

surge
11-10-16, 19:17
I wonder if Giggs will become yet another who is too happy collecting a large wage for punditry work while having his name linked to various jobs due to accomplishments as a player yet never looking to challenge himself.

Re: Swansea comments, it's possible that if he believes the new owners aren't 100% focused on football then his comments are justified, but it doesn't look good to accuse a premier league club of not matching your ambition when your only experience is during the worst period in MUFC history for many a year.

Ring_Peace
11-10-16, 19:55
Why did him brother shot wife..?

Daylight come and me wan' go home...

Charlie
11-10-16, 20:02
In much the same way as i am open to a bukkake party with Alison Brie and Selena Gomez.

Mario Miethig
11-10-16, 20:02
This stuff about Giggs not being committed to Wales in his playing days is total rubbish! Yes, he didn't play in many friendlies, but that was down to his over bearing and powerful club Manager. He always played in competitive games and didn't retire, like others did when Toshack first took over. I was at his last appearance for Wales at a way less than half full Mill Stad against the Czech Republic and he was applauded off when he was subbed. I bet most people who now slag him off hardly ever bothered going to Wales games themselves into recently.

qccfc
12-10-16, 10:54
This stuff about Giggs not being committed to Wales in his playing days is total rubbish! Yes, he didn't play in many friendlies, but that was down to his over bearing and powerful club Manager. He always played in competitive games and didn't retire, like others did when Toshack first took over. I was at his last appearance for Wales at a way less than half full Mill Stad against the Czech Republic and he was applauded off when he was subbed. I bet most people who now slag him off hardly ever bothered going to Wales games themselves into recently.

Nope, i was at those games that he didn't bother with. He didn't play in all competitive games, he missed those as well.

He put his efforts into Manchester United, Wales were never top of his agenda, you cannot expect Welsh people to respect him for that.

Dr Lecter
12-10-16, 11:36

Yet strangely, Other players under the same manager found the mental courage to insist on playing for their countries.

Compare Giggs with Bale - one couldn't be arsed while the other (far superior player) insists on playing for his country and plays like it means everything to him.

Fact is Giggs is a shit who only cares about himself.

As his brother will confirm.

WJ99mobile
31-03-18, 09:23
:sherlock: