PDA

View Full Version : Warnock has got balls

MacAdder
15-10-16, 00:54
Okay...
Right...
So..... (:biggrin:)

Tonight was just great, as we knew in our heart of hearts it would be...

We scored at home (twice!)
We won for the 1st time in forever
We were entertained for the 1st time in forever
We had the largest crowd in forever
We beat the high flying worzels (again!)

However, the best part for me was the fact that Peter Whittingham was brought off having scored a goal, not playing badly in what looked a fairly settled midfield, against a high flying team.
"Why was it the best part for you ya mad spineless goon?", I hear you ask.
"Why was he brought off?" ya whiskey drinking, skirt wearing, Brussels @rse licking sweaty sock?"

Well. I believe that NW thought that he could improve our side and expose further their impenetrable defence by bringing on fresh legs for the undroppable Brummie that could not only do a similar job offensively, but add a defensive edge.for the inevitable onslaught (this may sound like me having a go at at Whittingham but it isn't).
In exchanging Whitts for Immers, he took a large gamble and it went like a dream.
It showed Whitts that he is not indispensable saying okay, you scored but you've still got to do more.
It shows Immers that he believes in him.
It shows us all that he can alter things when needed and not just hope the players work it out for themselves.

For all his antics, his well documented mind games and quintessential footballer-speak quotes ridiculed by millions, our Neil has already shown that he is more than just a 67-year-old codger who should be feet up and spot gardening until he shuffles off this mortal coil.

Warnock could not have scripted a better start to his Cardiff City tenure.

Sooo excited for the season ahead

:thumbup:

darran1927
15-10-16, 08:45
Personally I thought we were weaker in midfield when Whitts went off Bristol had more of the ball after he went off

Alfonso Perez
15-10-16, 08:48
Personally I thought we were weaker in midfield when Whitts went off Bristol had more of the ball after he went off

I agree. I thought that Immers added very little when he come on & Whitts was missed

SOXY BOY
15-10-16, 08:53
I agree,I think Immers has lost his way and perhaps Warnock can get him to where he was when first signed for us.

Igovernor
15-10-16, 08:54
Me too, but did you not see Whitts in the first half, he was like a spring chicken, must have been knackered when he was took off, but fresh legs yes, but Immers did not do enough for me :thumbup:

olderblue
15-10-16, 08:56
I don't know if Whitts had a knock and the manager decided to protect him, or if it was just a gamble, whatever the reason, we looked weaker without Whitts in my view.

In Warnock we trust

Eric the Half a Bee
15-10-16, 09:31

Agreed.

Someone was suggesting in the week that we played Immers and Whittingham in centre midfield. That would have been interesting to say the least.

Vimana.
15-10-16, 09:37
I'm sensing a glint of steel drawn for Immers around the place. We've seen one match under Warnock - which was a revelation.
Too early to judge who our saviours are yet. It was pretty much 'none of them' only last week! and that certainly included Whitts.

We know Immers can walk the walk. Lets see it again Lex.

ccfc_is_my_life
15-10-16, 10:06
I'm sensing a glint of steel drawn for Immers around the place. We've seen one match under Warnock - which was a revelation.
Too early to judge who our saviours are yet. It was pretty much 'none of them' only last week! and that certainly included Whitts.

We know Immers can walk the walk. Lets see it again Lex.

What we saw last season of Immers is light years away from this seasons version irrespective of formation.

Last season he seemed sharp, driving things on.

This season he seems a little boy lost, running around but not having much of an effect upon games.

If Immers "best" position is to play behind Lambert then he'd better improve and quickly - Chamakh is the "natural" to play that role, once match fit.

llan bluebird
15-10-16, 10:34
The game was getting too hectic and was passing Whitts by. Huge Whitts fan, but it was the right time. Immer and Pilks both never caught up with the pace, but thay added freshness and Whitts was on a booking, so it was the right thing to do.

In hindsight we lost all shape, but hung on and thats what a results based manager understands.

Colonel Cærdiffi
15-10-16, 10:37
Warnock recognised that we needed a bit more muscle in the middle as the game got more scrappy in the latter stages.

Trigger
15-10-16, 10:44
I agree a change was needed and in theory it was the right decision. Unfortunately Immers is seriously looking a shadow of the player he was last season. He ran around for the time he was on slowly and just looked clumsy, his injury when they scored was him falling over their players back. At the time I was annoyed they didn't play it out but at the same time I wish everyone would do that if it's not a head injury.

The Bob Banker Spanker
15-10-16, 10:51
I agree a change was needed and in theory it was the right decision. Unfortunately Immers is seriously looking a shadow of the player he was last season. He ran around for the time he was on slowly and just looked clumsy, his injury when they scored was him falling over their players back. At the time I was annoyed they didn't play it out but at the same time I wish everyone would do that if it's not a head injury.

Pretty sure one of their players was going to put it out but was directed to continue the play.
Absolutely right thing to do though, it was a flimsy attempt at a challenge by Immers and he got up and was fine by the time they scored.

ccfc_is_my_life
15-10-16, 11:01
I honestly thought he may have brought Chamakh on at that point rather than Immers. Ok, maybe not fully match fit, but the Wurzels were obviously going to push on, Chamakh may have exploited gaps better than Immers.