PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVING ABERFAN, tonight 9pm BBC WALES

BLUETIT
17-10-16, 17:21
Memories of the 1966 disaster.

Llanedeyrnblue
17-10-16, 18:02
Memories of the 1966 disaster.

I remember a story about a boy (who survived) that was trapped under rubble and was jammed against a hot radiator, imagine that

kingbillyboy
17-10-16, 18:22
also "Aberfan the fight for justice" 10-45 tomorrow night bbc1 uk-wide.

TH63
17-10-16, 22:51
I watched it. Difficult to watch, but a mixture of feelings of sadness, anger and pride in the bravery, determination and quiet dignity of the survivors, rescuers and the bereaved.
My wife cried pretty much all the way through.

Gofer Blue
18-10-16, 06:47
I watched it. Difficult to watch, but a mixture of feelings of sadness, anger and pride in the bravery, determination and quiet dignity of the survivors, rescuers and the bereaved.

I pretty well cried all the way through it too! The children who died were the same age as my grandchildren are today. I was a student in London University at the time, having just started my second year. I was all set to travel back home to help but from the radio reports it was clear that they had enough people there digging. Seeing those old pictures you can understand.

SOXY BOY
18-10-16, 16:19
Just watched this programme as no one is in the house at the moment. What a powerful programme, I didn't cry,but only just.

Auntie Andy
18-10-16, 16:35

That's why I can't watch anything on Aberfan. I would cry from start to finish and honestly it would make me I'll for days.

We will though be holding a service at our Welsh National Mining Memorial on Thursday. All welcome.

http://your.caerphilly.gov.uk/abervalleyheritage/node/110