PDA

View Full Version : Noone

WJ99mobile
19-10-16, 21:51
Looks getting back to his former self. Taking people on getting wide and the best bit, taking a chance and getting behind the target man!

One of the main gripes of Trollope was it seemed instructed in a way that prohibited him. No one ever used the target man effectively, playing it back and slowing it down completely.

Cyclops
19-10-16, 22:03
Looks getting back to his former self. Taking people on getting wide and the best bit, taking a chance and getting behind the target man!

I thought he was targeted almost from the first minute and had a proper going-over. But I wish he did take his man on instead of cutting inside all the time. He could take a leaf out of Junior's book..,

valley boy
19-10-16, 22:54
I thought he was targeted almost from the first minute and had a proper going-over. But I wish he did take his man on instead of cutting inside all the time. He could take a leaf out of Junior's book..,

I agree its when he takes his man on that he does the most damage.When he cuts in they just shepherd him sideways and eventually the move fades away.

MacAdder
19-10-16, 23:40

If they swapped wings Noone and Hoilett, just a variation, it would be something.
Noone is very predictable going on his left but occasionally (not often) he will go wide and onto his right which is where he gets exposed by cutting back after he hits the byline. Now and again he might cross with his right but has little control.

Imagine this though. He plays on the left, and hits beats his man, gets a cross in, Rickie with plenty of space... 1 nil.

Or.. He varies it and comes inside onto his right, he has options, shoots (badly), or tees it up.

Is this too simple an ideal??