PDA

View Full Version : POINTLESS stumped me tonight ! Anyone remember this from 1961 ?

BLUETIT
26-10-16, 17:11
Thought I knew all Gerry Anderson's shows, but couldn't remember this one.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/04/e8/00/04e80061fcc5475531214d5f7d5249ba.jpg

MacAdder
26-10-16, 17:19
Nope can't say I've ever seen it or it was ever on our screens.
Thunderbirds (my fave), Joe 90, Captain Scarlet it ain't

fingers
26-10-16, 17:49
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercar_(TV_series)

cardiff55
26-10-16, 17:52
I think Supercar was the one after Fireball XL5. Then came Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Joe 90- I think

splott parker
26-10-16, 18:07
I remember Supercar, I'm sure Mike Mercury was the same puppet as Tex Tucker from Four Feather Falls. Great actor!!!!!

Llanedeyrnblue
26-10-16, 18:09
The order of appearance

It all started with Twizzle

http://www.fanderson.org.uk/prodguides/prodind.html

bobh
26-10-16, 18:17
I remember them all :old:

BlueWales
26-10-16, 19:15
I remember them all :old:

Me too ! Even the songs for the earlier ones and the theme music for the later ones.

The memory is a strange thing.

life on mars
26-10-16, 19:21
I think Supercar was the one after Fireball XL5. Then came Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Joe 90- I think

I drove most of them back in the day, then the mushrooms used to were off, Stringray was my favourite.

BlueWales
26-10-16, 19:26
At least Space 1999 had some fit REAL women to look at.:thumbup:

Taunton Blue Genie
26-10-16, 19:50
Yep. I remember it.

Vimana.
26-10-16, 20:19
It's a wonder he had any time at all to be involved with Sinn Féin .

jeepster
26-10-16, 20:27
It's a wonder he had any time at all to be involved with Sinn Féin .

:hehe::hehe:

xsnaggle
26-10-16, 20:54
The order of appearance

It all started with Twizzle

http://www.fanderson.org.uk/prodguides/prodind.html

What about Torchy the battery boy?

the other bob wilson
27-10-16, 05:05
I thought that song from Mary Poppins was about Supercar at the time.

I think my main memory of Twizzle, Four Feather Falls and Torchy came from Tinker and Taylor as they used to show episodes on there a few years after they came out - I used to think they were rubbish compared to Thunderbirds.

Here's something Thunderbirds related that cracked me up the first time I saw it and still does now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riMHp28_cqw

ian gibson
27-10-16, 05:45

I think my main memory of Twizzle, Four Feather Falls and Torchy came from Tinker and Taylor as they used to show episodes on there a few years after they came out - I used to think they were rubbish compared to Thunderbirds.

Here's something Thunderbirds related that cracked me up the first time I saw it and still does now.

:hehe::hehe: Brilliant pmsl :hehe:

Llanedeyrnblue
27-10-16, 06:19

Brilliant and to think that the BBC scrubbed most of the tapes with the work of Cook and Moore

bluken
27-10-16, 07:56
I remember them all except Supercar lol

Sloop_Jon_Bee
27-10-16, 09:53
I drove most of them back in the day, then the mushrooms used to were off, Stringray was my favourite.

:hehe::thumbup:

TH63
27-10-16, 10:13
I wasn't around in 1961, so don't remember this one either.

The ones I loved were

Captain Scarlet
Fireball XL5
Stingray
Joe 90
Thunderbirds

Charlie
27-10-16, 10:28

Had this album as a kid and loved it.
Just found out it was released a year before i was born. Think my dad must have bought it for himself.

Taunton Blue Genie
27-10-16, 11:53

My father built a 'bogey' for me and my brother - in the mode of Four Feather Falls. It had supports in the four corners which supported a canvas roof. He built a later one with a windsail on it, which was rather embarrassing as the sail was made from a patched pink and white candy-striped bedsheet. It was of limited use. However, the long sled he made and which he dragged around behind his motorbike and sidecar in the snow was more of a success (apart from when our dog was running along side and underestimating the swing of the sled as we navigated the corners).

life on mars
27-10-16, 16:27
My father built a 'bogey' for me and my brother - in the mode of Four Feather Falls. It had supports in the four corners which supported a canvas roof. He built a later one with a windsail on it, which was rather embarrassing as the sail was made from a patched pink and white candy-striped bedsheet. It was of limited use. However, the long sled he made and which he dragged around behind his motorbike and sidecar in the snow was more of a success (apart from when our dog was running along side and underestimating the swing of the sled as we navigated the corners).

Your dad was a god , you must have been over the moon with you custom built 'bogey' I had go at building one , there was a a shortgae of decent pram wheels where I lived and they were crucial , mums hated it if you swiped a used pram wheels .

Imagine kids today building of owning a 'bogey '.

Llanedeyrnblue
27-10-16, 16:33
Your dad was a god , you must have been over the moon with you custom built 'bogey' I had go at building one , there was a a shortgae of decent pram wheels where I lived and they were crucial , mums hated it if you swiped a used pram wheels .

Gambo up the valleys

life on mars
27-10-16, 16:47
Gambo up the valleys

Llanrumney before the neighbours lol

BLUETIT
27-10-16, 17:13
No ones mentioned "MUFFIN THE MULE" :hehe:

bobh
27-10-16, 18:57
No ones mentioned "MUFFIN THE MULE" :hehe:

That was an illegal perversion back then.
Legalised now though despite protests from RSPA

Llanedeyrnblue
27-10-16, 19:28
The mule was always part of Saturday morning pictures up the County cinema in Rumney

BLUETIT
27-10-16, 19:29
The mule was always part of Saturday morning pictures up the County cinema in Rumney

And (NSASWA) The Splott :thumbup:

BLUETIT
27-10-16, 19:30

Had my first "outside top" there :hehe:

Llanedeyrnblue
27-10-16, 19:34

You're lucky Doris the manageress never spotted you with here torch

Upstairs 9d Downstairs 6d

BLUETIT
27-10-16, 19:35

It might have been Doris :hehe:

Llanedeyrnblue
27-10-16, 19:38

:hehe:

Taunton Blue Genie
27-10-16, 19:39

He was a very violent, alcoholic god though.

Llanedeyrnblue
27-10-16, 19:41

She was gross

Taunton Blue Genie
27-10-16, 19:41

Wasn't a 'bogey' known as a 'gambo' in some parts of the valleys?

jeepster
27-10-16, 19:48

I can remember her,a witch.

life on mars
27-10-16, 20:01

Saw Clockwork Orange there ,went home across the wreck ,past the top shops , kicking objects, whilst "singing in the rain "

BLUETIT
27-10-16, 20:03
Saw Clockwork Orange there ,went home across the wreck ,past the top shops , kicking objects, whilst "singing in the rain "

Was it pi$$ing down then. :hehe:

bobh
28-10-16, 08:06
Wasn't a 'bogey' known as a 'gambo' in some parts of the valleys?

Aye, I had a gambo way back in Ebbw Vale.