PDA

View Full Version : Good Result Today

life on mars
29-10-16, 21:48
Today proved we have a lot to fix .

I did think we would win today , however their keeper and center half were on exceptional form ,and we were woeful in the penalty box ,lots of effort but no end result.

Before the game I did think this was out biggest test of the N.W. reign.

Can't wait to see how we respond ??

jeepster
29-10-16, 21:51
It does show we do need a target man and a Chopra type of player in the box.Oh and a hard man in midfield.

Rjk
29-10-16, 21:53
We lost at home to one of the worst sides in the division.

Never a good result

TH63
29-10-16, 21:53
I think we played some great entertaining football for large parts of the first half at least.
My only gripe is that Pilkington was consistently being outmuscled and out jumped yet we kept on pinging long high balls to him. Where was the plan B? How unfit is , that Warnock kept him n the bench?
Defensively we were pretty good, midfield we were very good, in front of goal, useless.

Tandy
29-10-16, 21:54
I thought we would win comfortably their keeper pulled off one incredible save but apart from that I thought we were dire. What makes me laugh is people moaned like feck about Slade and his style of play but they seem to love the same style under Colin:shrug:

jeepster
29-10-16, 21:56
I thought we would win comfortably their keeper pulled off one incredible save but apart from that I thought we were dire. What makes me laugh is people moaned like feck about Slade and his style of play but they seem to love the same style under Colin:shrug:

We never got out of our own half under slade.

Tandy
29-10-16, 22:00
We never got out of our own half under slade.

Yeah that's why we finished just outside the play-offs under Slade and remind me where we are now. Do you ever think before you post?

TH63
29-10-16, 22:01

We love warnock because he's getting our players to play with a bit of passion and commitment. We can see that, unlike his predecessors, he's giving them direction and is pirating from the touch line.

He's come to a club with a group of strikers, installed by his three predecessors, who couldn't hit the inside of a barn with all the doors closed.

Tandy
29-10-16, 22:08
We love warnock because he's getting our players to play with a bit of passion and commitment. We can see that, unlike his predecessors, he's giving them direction and is pirating from the touch line.

He's come to a club with a group of strikers, installed by his three predecessors, who couldn't hit the inside of a barn with all the doors closed.

So you think Lambert is shit?

TH63
29-10-16, 22:16

No. His best days are behind him, is pace has gone, but no, he's not shit.

Unlike......

Doyle
Macheda
Le Fondre
Ravell
Zohore
Fred
etc

life on mars
29-10-16, 22:17
We don't have a decent strike threat , and we have not had one for a while

jeepster
29-10-16, 22:19
Yeah that's why we finished just outside the play-offs under Slade and remind me where we are now. Do you ever think before you post?

Oh yes i do, under Slade it was the most mind numbing football scince Durban,and you are a wum and a twat.

Tandy
29-10-16, 22:20
No. His best days are behind him, is pace has gone, but no, he's not shit.

Unlike......

Doyle
Macheda
Le Fondre
Ravell
Zohore
Fred
etc

So why did you post "a group of strikers, installed by his three predecessors, who couldn't hit the inside of a barn with all the doors closed" Are you going to retract that statement or amend it?

Tandy
29-10-16, 22:30
Oh yes i do, under Slade it was the most mind numbing football scince Durban,and you are a wum and a twat.

Just a bit of advice you don't have to take it but I'll give it to you anyway, study the facts because they never lie.:thumbup: And try not to let the poster get to you because it makes you post some rubbish.

CCFC CASUAL
29-10-16, 22:31
Why is Tandy sticking up for Lambert when he last posted in this thread about him?

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?421136-No-Rickie-for-a-few-weeks-perhaps&p=4687516

"Blessing in disguise" he said of his injury.

Vimana.
29-10-16, 22:32
^^ because Tandy is a WUM, always was a WUM, and is only a WUM :-)

TH63
30-10-16, 02:55
So why did you post "a group of strikers, installed by his three predecessors, who couldn't hit the inside of a barn with all the doors closed" Are you going to retract that statement or amend it?

No, I'm not going to retract it, and have already qualified my remark by pointing out that Lambert is the best of a very sorry bunch of strikers that OGS, Slade and Trollope brought to the club.

jeepster
30-10-16, 07:39
Just a bit of advice you don't have to take it but I'll give it to you anyway, study the facts because they never lie.:thumbup: And try not to let the poster get to you because it makes you post some rubbish.

You started posting the rubbish first.:wave:

Lawnmower
30-10-16, 08:06
I'd say actually that we were even worse to watch under Trollope than we were under Slade.

Jimmy the Jock
30-10-16, 13:24

Being shit and not suiting us are two different things . He isn't the answer that is blatantly obvious.

Jimmy the Jock
30-10-16, 13:26
I'd say actually that we were even worse to watch under Trollope than we were under Slade.

Had Trollope hit the ground running, I believe we would have had a decent season playing slick football. Trollope put paid to Slades hoof ball when he joined us .

surge
30-10-16, 13:35
Several have commended NW for chasing a win but for me there are occasions where you should retain the point in thinking about the bigger picture. 4 games unbeaten and keeping Wigan at the same distance behind us was surely worth more than what increasingly looked like (and became) a day where chasing a good result ended up with a suck-punch.

Penarth Blues
30-10-16, 13:59
Several have commended NW for chasing a win but for me there are occasions where you should retain the point in thinking about the bigger picture. 4 games unbeaten and keeping Wigan at the same distance behind us was surely worth more than what increasingly looked like (and became) a day where chasing a good result ended up with a suck-punch.

I don't agree with this view, frustrated though I am with what happened yesterday. Football is about entertainment ultimately and last year was a classic example of chasing the result without worrying about the entertainment. I didn't matter that we were only just outside the playoffs in the end, the overwhelming feeling amongst supporters was of not caring for the team as they offered us nothing to get excited about.

I'm pleased we were still trying to win the game as I think that's the right attitude to have and ultimately will make the players more attack minded.

I think a huge amount of our problems stem from us not being used to being in a position to score, so the players panic and the chance is gone. The more often we're in those positions the more goals we will start to score. It's just frustrating right now - but at least we're getting into those positions now.

surge
30-10-16, 15:40
I don't agree with this view, frustrated though I am with what happened yesterday. Football is about entertainment ultimately and last year was a classic example of chasing the result without worrying about the entertainment. I didn't matter that we were only just outside the playoffs in the end, the overwhelming feeling amongst supporters was of not caring for the team as they offered us nothing to get excited about.

I'm pleased we were still trying to win the game as I think that's the right attitude to have and ultimately will make the players more attack minded.

I think a huge amount of our problems stem from us not being used to being in a position to score, so the players panic and the chance is gone. The more often we're in those positions the more goals we will start to score. It's just frustrating right now - but at least we're getting into those positions now.

I would say that there is a difference between Slade's result focus from kick-off every game and acknowledging during the game that it may be best to secure a result. Liverpool got into a position where they could win the title under Rogers by playing attacking and entertaining football but all they needed to do in the end was secure a three nil win and then a nil nil but failed on both accounts chasing entertainment.

Lawnmower
30-10-16, 16:49

It wasn't really chasing the game that cost us. It was a simple mistake.
Also O'Keef for Whitts and Immers for No one and Harris for Hoilett didn't really look like 'going for it' substitutions to me. If anything overall they've should have given us a bit more defensive strength

Lawnmower
30-10-16, 16:51
Had Trollope hit the ground running, I believe we would have had a decent season playing slick football. Trollope put paid to Slades hoof ball when he joined us .

After 11 games we had 8 points and had been knocked out of the Cup by Bristol Rovers.
The football being played was shite as well.
Looking back it was a disaster.

Pedro de la Rosa
31-10-16, 08:45
After 11 games we had 8 points and had been knocked out of the Cup by Bristol Rovers.
The football being played was shite as well.
Looking back it was a disaster.

Trollope might be a worse manager for us than OGS, and that's saying something.