View Full Version : Welsh rugby R.I.P.

PerryJason
05-11-16, 15:55
:hehe: It's football all the way from now on, Welsh rugby is shite!!:hehe:

LordKenwyne
05-11-16, 16:00
Ye.

A cardiff ground filled with glory hunters as welsh football was averaging 14-15k odd than 3 years ago. Barely that for some games.

:hehe:

LordKenwyne
05-11-16, 16:03
If we dont qualify for the world cup itll be back to complete shit crowds.

I guarantee it.

So dont begin to mock "the egg".

Half the pubs and clubs in cardiff wouldnt exist without rugby crowds and money.

City123
Ye.

A cardiff ground filled with glory hunters as welsh football was averaging 14-15k odd than 3 years ago. Barely that for some games.

:hehe:
The problem with comparing attendances in the two sports is that Wales rugby are essentially playing one of the best teams in the world every time they play, which boosts attendances significantly

LordKenwyne
The problem with comparing attendances in the two sports is that Wales rugby are essentially playing one of the best teams in the world every time they play, which boosts attendances significantly

It is what it is.

Wales football have barely any games throughout the year, yet used to get awful grounds. What does that tell you.

It tells you most welsh people prefer watching the premier league.

City123
05-11-16, 16:08
It is what it is.

Wales football have barely any games throughout the year, yet used to get awful grounds. What does that tell you.

It tells you most welsh people prefer watching the premier league.
Wales football used to be one of the best supported teams in Europe, regularly come close to filling and sometimes filling the Millennium under Mark Hughes

I'd like to see what attendance Welsh rugby would get against Montenegro :sherlock:

Colonel Cærdiffi
05-11-16, 16:11
Some strange attitudes on display here. There's room enough in Wales for more than one sport, let people enjoy watching what they want.

LordKenwyne
05-11-16, 16:13
Hypothetical arguments are a bit meaningless arent' they.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/wales/tab/stats/option/attendances/season/2006/

Have a look through that and tell me when they regularly came close to filling the ground. Throughout a qualifying campaign.

And if you think 1 game versus Australia signals the end of welsh rugby that is hilarious. Just wait till the six nations comes around.

The bitterness is tiring.

Lets get rid of welsh rugby. The centre would go downhill, rapidly.

Packerman
05-11-16, 16:14
Some strange attitudes on display here. There's room enough in Wales for more than one sport, let people enjoy watching what they want.

tbf the thread starter is an abject cock

LordKenwyne
05-11-16, 16:15

I'll be at every wales football home game.

People too biased to accept rugby brings millions into cardiff every single year :hehe:

And they have no argument. As glory hunters follow both sports.

City123
05-11-16, 16:17
Hypothetical arguments are a bit meaningless arent' they.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/wales/tab/stats/option/attendances/season/2006/

Have a look through that and tell me when they regularly came close to filling the ground. Throughout a qualifying campaign.

And if you think 1 game versus Australia signals the end of welsh rugby that is hilarious. Just wait till the six nations comes around.

The bitterness is tiring.

Lets get rid of welsh rugby. The centre would go downhill, rapidly.
http://www.11v11.com/teams/wales/tab/stats/option/attendances/season/2004/

There you go.

I enjoy rugby and want Wales to do well, what I don't enjoy is the circus that comes along with it and the "Rugby fans" who come out of the woodwork in the Six Nations but don't bother with club rugby

Vimana.
05-11-16, 16:28
Some/same folks seemingly have to post the same old 'pop's against Wales playing rugby, every time they do.
Live and let live. And some folks find enough headspace to cope or even enjoy International and/or Club rugby as well as fanatically supporting City, if they choose.

Lord knows football hasn't always enjoyed the best of reputations, nor the best of support.
Things have a habit of running in circles.

LordKenwyne
05-11-16, 16:30
http://www.11v11.com/teams/wales/tab/stats/option/attendances/season/2004/

There you go.

I enjoy rugby and want Wales to do well, what I don't enjoy is the circus that comes along with it and the "Rugby fans" who come out of the woodwork in the Six Nations but don't bother with club rugby

Well that isn't clearly obvious from your comment on the start of this thread is it? :hehe:

It isn't a circus.

If you go to right pubs rugby game day is the best. Not walkabout and all that crap.

All these pikeys and gypos from the valleys on rugby game days are from wales, we can't lock them away. They would come to cardiff regardless. You see sights on a normal saturday, only with rugby it is during the day.

If you ask most of the people in sell out wales football games who they support, I imagine many would be english clubs.

And priority is given to local rugby clubs with tickets in the 6 nations.

If Wales football were filling the millenium stadium, you are telling me they are all cardiff or jack fans?.

The centre would be exactly the same if football was there and having crowds of 70k. Bring in big crowds, people drink more. There brings the circus.

I know it is a derby. But Wales v England, the last big sell out game at the millenium for football. Did you see cardiff that day?.

Pearcey3
05-11-16, 16:32

Of course. The players from both sports support each other too. Time for chance of coaches now. Today was hopeless. Gatland has had a long run . New coaches are needed.

City123
05-11-16, 16:41
Well that isn't clearly obvious from your comment on the start of this thread is it? :hehe:

It isn't a circus.

If you go to right pubs rugby game day is the best. Not walkabout and all that crap.

All these pikeys and gypos from the valleys on rugby game days are from wales, we can't lock them away. They would come to cardiff regardless. You see sights on a normal saturday, only with rugby it is during the day.

If you ask most of the people in sell out wales football games who they support, I imagine many would be english clubs.

And priority is given to local rugby clubs with tickets in the 6 nations.

If Wales football were filling the millenium stadium, you are telling me they are all cardiff or jack fans?.

The centre would be exactly the same if football was there and having crowds of 70k. Bring in big crowds, people drink more. There brings the circus.

I know it is a derby. But Wales v England, the last big sell out game at the millenium for football. Did you see cardiff that day?.
What this? "The problem with comparing attendances in the two sports is that Wales rugby are essentially playing one of the best teams in the world every time they play, which boosts attendances significantly"

I genuinely enjoy rugby, its not that bad, especially the southern hemisphere teams :thumbup:

By circus, I meant the media circus, not what goes on in town after games, I believe the designated word for that on this board is "hi-jinx" :hehe:

I'd imagine a much higher proportion of Welsh football fans support Welsh football teams compared to Welsh "rugby fans" who don't bother with rugby the rest of the year

surge
05-11-16, 16:45

Not only that but the only way our sports team will be successful is if they are supported. Even if you can't do that there is a difference between not liking it and taking joy in seeing our side struggle.

Auntie Andy
05-11-16, 17:21
The great Welsh sporting public RIP more like. The majority of the Welsh are not Welsh sports fans. They only play at it when there's success and a piss up on the table.

Look at rugby crowds week in, week out. Also look at football crowds over the years both at club level and international level, piss poor.

The Welsh are a bunch of glory hunting, armchair watching plastics NQAT.

insider
05-11-16, 17:24
If we dont qualify for the world cup itll be back to complete shit crowds.

I guarantee it.

So dont begin to mock "the egg".

Half the pubs and clubs in cardiff wouldnt exist without rugby crowds and money.

Half the pubs and clubs in Cardiff would n`t exist without pathetic Armchair premier league fans more like!

goslow
05-11-16, 17:40
Of course. The players from both sports support each other too. Time for chance of coaches now. Today was hopeless. Gatland has had a long run . New coaches are needed.

I thought Howley was in charge?

PerryJason
05-11-16, 19:38
tbf the thread starter is an abject cock

That from someone with your avatar:hehe:priceless:thumbup:

Bluebird since 1948
05-11-16, 20:08
Half the pubs and clubs in Cardiff would n`t exist without pathetic Armchair premier league fans more like!

Uhh no, the city centre pubs are comparatively empty when a big club football match is on. They are all full to bursting when the rugger buggers are playing which is very embarrassing for the WRU as no one wants to actually go to the ground and watch it, they'd rather sit in the pub a few yards down the road.

CCFC CASUAL
05-11-16, 20:15

Nonsense. There is not that many city centre pubs that show live football.

Food is the main earner these days for pubs not sport.

Tandy
05-11-16, 20:17
I went to the game today and I must say it is a cracking way to spend the day. Choirs in the pubs, drinking beer while watching the game and sat next to opposition supporters.

Bluebird since 1948
05-11-16, 20:19
I went to the game today and I must say it is a cracking way to spend the day. Choirs in the pubs, drinking beer while watching the game and sat next to opposition supporters.

Sounds like my idea of hell, I hate Cardiff on match day.

I have no problem with the sport of rugby, I enjoy it. Just hate the whole Welsh rugby culture so I don't bother with it or rejoice in their failure like so many on here.

Pearcey3
05-11-16, 20:24
I thought Howley was in charge?

You know what I mean. If Gatland had been in charge it would have been the same players,the same predictable style of play and the same outcome. He shouldn't be away from Wales as the Lion's tour is over six months away. We have regressed since 2013. Time for change. Gatland, Howley and McBride need to go.