View Full Version : The very latest on Poppygate

Llanedeyrnblue
17-11-16, 19:17
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37972265

The Bloop
17-11-16, 19:20
Love the fact that FIFAs commissioner at the game was FAW representative David Griffiths .

Rhiw-Blue
17-11-16, 19:30
Just goes to show that the theory on here and Walesonline that neither England or Scotland were at risk of sanctions because it required the opposition to complain was absolute nonsense.

I predict a small fine for each which will be successfully appealed and both countries come away with their heads held high.

TruBlue
17-11-16, 20:09
Just goes to show that the theory on here and Walesonline that neither England or Scotland were at risk of sanctions because it required the opposition to complain was absolute nonsense.

I predict a small fine for each which will be successfully appealed and both countries come away with their heads held high.

Goes to show the FAW took the correct stance.

A handful of thickos who've been swayed by a modern media campaign won't alter that.

Rhiw-Blue
17-11-16, 20:21

A handful of thickos who've been swayed by a modern media campaign won't alter that.

I feel your pain

Colonel Cærdiffi
17-11-16, 20:43

^THIS

It's shameful that certain individuals and some of the media have turned the poppy from a dignified symbol of remembrance into a rod to beat a target with, solely for the purpose of generating content for their rabid and gullible viewers/readership.

Baloo
17-11-16, 20:43
Would be nice if all the lawyers involved donated their fees to The Royal Legion.

Charlie
17-11-16, 20:51
We have a poppy branded matchball for Saturday.
Poppy season seems to be going on forever this year...
Be xmas soon.

City123
17-11-16, 21:33
Be xmas soon.
So we've put a poppy on something that we'll be kicking the shit out of?

Is that not a bit disrespectful? :sherlock:

Barry Shitpeas
17-11-16, 21:33
Be xmas soon.

I saw that earlier. How bloody tacky and inappropriate is that.

Vimana.
17-11-16, 21:38
All Social and Mainstream Media duly primed for an even bigger National rumpus throughout the 2-3 months of next years poppy 'season' .

TruBlue
17-11-16, 22:20
I feel your pain

You can be found in every poppy thread, how does such a sensitive soul get by in life. :biggrin:

Arfur Europe
17-11-16, 23:29

I too feel very uncomfortable with this 'forced' poppy agenda. It seems diametrically opposed to that which it represents.

Well done FAW for a classy and respectful Poppy display of our own. It looks like we actually did more as an association than the two home nations in the OP!!

elytillidie
18-11-16, 07:14
I too feel very uncomfortable with this 'forced' poppy agenda. It seems diametrically opposed to that which it represents.

Well done FAW for a classy and respectful Poppy display of our own. It looks like we actually did more as an association than the two home nations in the OP!!

I detest the 'forced' poppy agenda too, didn't get to see the Wales game, but heard that the display was indeed classy and respectful. I wouldn't be bothered if none of the teams had poppies on their shirts ever. However, I feel once the FAW made their request to FIFA, they shouldn't have backed down for fear of a points deduction or financial penalty. More about principles than poppies for me. I do understand I am in a minority on this matter, so accept that I am probably wrong.

Rhiw-Blue
18-11-16, 19:14
You can be found in every poppy thread, how does such a sensitive soul get by in life. :biggrin:

Strength of character and the ability to stand by my convictions.

You?

Rhiw-Blue
19-12-16, 21:02

One away from the full house.:malky:

I bet the FAW wished they had the backbone to follow suit now and not shun the poppy

Colonel Cærdiffi
19-12-16, 21:50
One away from the full house.:malky:

I bet the FAW wished they had the backbone to follow suit now and not shun the poppy

Here's a picture of Wales "shunning" the poppy:

http://i1.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article12167368.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS104788404.jpg

Arfur Europe
19-12-16, 22:11
Here's a picture of Wales "shunning" the poppy:

http://i1.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article12167368.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS104788404.jpg

I think we got off lightly as we did a lot more for the 'Poppy' thingy than the likes of Inglund etc