PDA

View Full Version : Taking my 3 year old on Saturday

Eric the Half a Bee
17-11-16, 21:39
He's been football nuts for a good while now, especially since the European championships.

Anyone with any experiences or advice for taking a young one? Thanks :)

NYCBlue
17-11-16, 21:46
He's been football nuts for a good while now, especially since the European championships.

Wrap him up, take some snacks and a toy.

Former Labour leader
17-11-16, 21:51
Nice one Eric. You are starting your lad on a lifetime of misery! Think he would be better of supporting Man U or Liverpool.
My dad took me when I was 6. A lifetime later I am still obsessed.

Eric the Half a Bee
17-11-16, 22:01
Nice one Eric. You are starting your lad on a lifetime of misery!

At least I waited until Slade got the boot :hehe:

bobh
17-11-16, 22:01
Has he been naughty?
:hide:

Eric the Half a Bee
17-11-16, 22:05
Has he been naughty?
:hide:

:hehe: :hehe:

PerryJason
17-11-16, 22:11
:hehe: :hehe:

If he's really naughty, take him to an away game:biggrin:

Wales-Bales
17-11-16, 22:33
I always had you down as being a grumpy old man ... unless you are a grumpy old man with a young wife :biggrin:

Michael Morris
17-11-16, 23:44

distractions. favourite toy, sweets, match programme, ipad,

anything to keep him happy at being there.

Rocco Siffredi
17-11-16, 23:47
I walked up the Canton steps and saw the vivid green pitch and the city blue and Norwich yellow and was captivated. Thanks dad , hope yr bey enjoys it

Mrs Steve R
18-11-16, 01:06

My daughter was not much older when I first took her, she was sat quietly doing some colouring... then we scored :hehe: scared the life out of her, it really put her off going again, based on that I would say don't take any distractions, keep talking to him, explain what's going on at all times so there are no surprises (hopefully there will be some) :hehe:

Hope he enjoys it. :ayatollah:

BLUETIT
18-11-16, 07:22
distractions. favourite toy, sweets, match programme, ipad,

anything to keep him happy at being there.

Always remember you at Crystal Palace (away), "BOSS".

You were moaning that the City had scored twice and you had missed both the goals because your young son wanted a burger/toilet/sweets/drink. :hehe::hehe:

Arfur Europe
18-11-16, 08:19
My daughter was not much older when I first took her, she was sat quietly doing some colouring... then we scored :hehe: scared the life out of her, it really put her off going again, based on that I would say don't take any distractions, keep talking to him, explain what's going on at all times so there are no surprises (hopefully there will be some) :hehe:

Hope he enjoys it. :ayatollah:

This. You can explain beforehand that it might get a bit noisy at times! I always take a portable DVD player with headphones.

I find it helps to block out the football and the kids.

:hehe:

Vindec
18-11-16, 08:34
Let us know how he gets on. My own view is that 3 is too young as at that age - and speaking generally - their attention span is relatively short. However, well done for trying and you never know it might be a good experience for both of you.

TH63
18-11-16, 09:23
This. You can explain beforehand that it might get a bit noisy at times! I always take a portable DVD player with headphones.

The Alien
18-11-16, 09:25

itkman
18-11-16, 09:26

:xhehe:

LordKenwyne
18-11-16, 09:35
I used to take my gameboy and watch none of the sport infront of me.

My father used to complain that it was a waste of money, but I think that was argumentative for the sake of it. He never said not to take me.

I would sit in complete silence so don't think he cared.

Ring_Peace
18-11-16, 11:01
I used to take my gameboy and watch none of the sport infront of me.

My father used to complain that it was a waste of money, but I think that was argumentative for the sake of it. He never said not to take me.

I would sit in complete silence so don't think he cared.
You are Russell Slade and I claim my five pounds.

The Bloop
18-11-16, 11:35
Make sure youve downloaded 90 minutes of his favourite programme onto a tablet.
Take lots of sweets
Be prepared to miss any goals cos you were taking him to the toilet
Have some answers prepared for questions like -
Dad what's a sheep shagger?
Is it extra time yet?
Which way are we playing?

Mrs Steve R
18-11-16, 13:31
Always remember you at Crystal Palace (away), "BOSS".

You were moaning that the City had scored twice and you had missed both the goals because your young son wanted a burger/toilet/sweets/drink. :hehe::hehe:
Aww the joys :hehe:

lardy
18-11-16, 14:05
This thread reminds me of the story about Posh Spice's first visit to watch Becks at Old Trafford.

At halftime she turned excitedly to her friend and said "they're winning!" Her friend was puzzled - it was 0-0.

Posh thought two of the corners were goals. :facepalm:

CCFC CASUAL
18-11-16, 14:33
This thread reminds me of the story about Posh Spice's first visit to watch Becks at Old Trafford.

At halftime she turned excitedly to her friend and said "they're winning!" Her friend was puzzled - it was 0-0.

Posh thought two of the corners were goals. :facepalm:

Cool story bro. Do have anymore pointless Spice Girls anecdotes?

lardy
18-11-16, 14:41
Cool story bro. Do have anymore pointless Spice Girls anecdotes?

Hope so.

Thoth
18-11-16, 15:09
My daughter was not much older when I first took her, she was sat quietly doing some colouring... then we scored :hehe:

I'm sure he'll be fine. :hehe:

Thoth
18-11-16, 15:16
My first ever game I spent most of the time running around the Terrace in the Family Section and constantly annoying other people around me although I was 26 years of age at the time.

blue matt
18-11-16, 15:50
when i first took my youngest ( she was about 6 at the time ) the oldest had been going for a few years, we used to pop into ASDA before the game, use the toilets, then they could choose some sweets etc etc

the oldest and myself used to have a deal that anything she heard at the football stays at the football and as soon as we get in the car for the drive home, thats it, no more chants or songs

anyways, after a few games, the youngest decides to tell my wife a chant, but she she sang it " are you watching *BLEEP* ba$tards ", she thought the word " jack " was the swear word :hehe: we still laugh about it now

insider
18-11-16, 23:32
when i first took my youngest ( she was about 6 at the time ) the oldest had been going for a few years, we used to pop into ASDA before the game, use the toilets, then they could choose some sweets etc etc

the oldest and myself used to have a deal that anything she heard at the football stays at the football and as soon as we get in the car for the drive home, thats it, no more chants or songs

anyways, after a few games, the youngest decides to tell my wife a chant, but she she sang it " are you watching *BLEEP* ba$tards ", she thought the word " jack " was the swear word :hehe: we still laugh about it now

Eric the Half a Bee
18-11-16, 23:43
Let us know how he gets on. My own view is that 3 is too young as at that age - and speaking generally - their attention span is relatively short. However, well done for trying and you never know it might be a good experience for both of you.

You are probably right. I'm not expecting him to be enthralled throughout and I've got plans if he gets really bored and we have to leave. I have told him we're going to watch the match and he's been so excited! I remember that feeling....

bobh
19-11-16, 19:06
Were you sitting behind Cyclops?

Eric the Half a Bee
19-11-16, 19:11
For anyone that might be interested, he loved the game! No toys or distractions were needed - he didn't even want to leave the stand at half time. He wants to go to the Brighton game and at one stage mentioned season tickets!!! :hehe:

thehumblegringo
19-11-16, 19:22
For anyone that might be interested, he loved the game! No toys or distractions were needed - he didn't even want to leave the stand at half time. He wants to go to the Brighton game and at one stage mentioned season tickets!!! :hehe:

That's excellent mate. He must be made of stern stuff to brave the cold today too :thumbup: