PDA

View Full Version : No more Discovery channels available on Sky after tomorrow

The Alien
30-01-17, 16:17
Apart from Sky Sports the only other channels I watch are the Discovery channels.
I think I'm right in saying that if you got any programmes on your library off the discovery channels that you want to watch you best watch them before Wednesday or you will lose them.
Surely Sky will have to give us a reduction on our monthly bill?
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/759646/Sky-TV-Lose-Channels

The Bloop
30-01-17, 16:56
Aren't Sky upping their prices at the same time?
I'm on Virgin so hope they don't go the same way
On the very smsll bright side, Quest will still be on Freeview

Vindec
30-01-17, 17:39
Apart from Sky Sports the only other channels I watch are the Discovery channels.
I think I'm right in saying that if you got any programmes on your library off the discovery channels that you want to watch you best watch them before Wednesday or you will lose them.
Surely Sky will have to give us a reduction on our monthly bill?
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/759646/Sky-TV-Lose-Channels

Gold Rush is my favourite TV programme and am thoroughly peed off by this. There is no way Sky will be reducing prices as they have said the money they save will be ploughed back into their own programming. Apparently Discovery want a $billion for Sky to retain their channels which is ludicrous so you can't blame Sky's stance.

The Alien
30-01-17, 19:02
Aren't Sky upping their prices at the same time?
I'm on Virgin so hope they don't go the same way
On the very smsll bright side, Quest will still be on Freeview
Sky have upped the price by £2.50 a month from this month the cheeky bastards.

The Alien
30-01-17, 19:07
Gold Rush is my favourite TV programme and am thoroughly peed off by this. There is no way Sky will be reducing prices as they have said the money they save will be ploughed back into their own programming. Apparently Discovery want a $billion for Sky to retain their channels which is ludicrous so you can't blame Sky's stance.
I watch Gold Rush too and its p1ssed me off aswell.
I'm in two minds whether to have it cut off because I'm out of contract. I could still watch Sky Sports via my daughter's Sky Go account.

life on mars
30-01-17, 20:32
If we all boycotted it would change.
Taken up reading, listen to radio more , use freeview, use your broadband for Netflik /Amazon ,get an allotment, keep fit, ride a bike, save money, feel better knowing Rupert isn't getting your dosh.

El Gwapo
30-01-17, 20:39
Shite this is news to me. Nearly cancelled sky last year due to their price hike but decided to stay after threatening to leave and they significantly dropped the price. Perhaps this is the outcome of their business model starting to fall apart, I sincerely hope so. I do like the sky product offer but their pricing is unrealistic. Life on Mars is right, if we all made a stand en masse...

Rhiw-Blue
30-01-17, 20:44
....... our club would go bust within a year?

bobh
30-01-17, 20:47
....... The Premier League would go bust within a year?

FYP

Michael Morris
31-01-17, 21:12
All sorted. Discovery staying on Sky

Kris
31-01-17, 21:46
All sorted. Discovery staying on Sky

They were never going to leave. If they lost 5.5m viewers (as they claim) they will also lose advertising revenue. Just brinkmanship - that's all.