PDA

View Full Version : Kadeem's miss

islandblue
04-02-17, 18:50
Nobody in the Canton could believe he hadn't scored near the end. Was the miss as bad as it seemed?

TH63
04-02-17, 19:22
I don't think it was that bad tbh, Radio Wales described it as "ballooned over the bar in the 6 yard area" as it it was an open goal.

The truth is, it was a tight angle and their keeper was excellently positioned

Llanedeyrnblue
04-02-17, 19:23
I thought it was a bad miss

Auntie Andy
04-02-17, 19:26
I thought it was a bad miss

Here it is, decide for yourself.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10756369/cardiff-0-1-norwich

elytillidie
04-02-17, 20:11
I got the impression he thought he should have done better, it was no certain goal, but he should have had it on target.

Tandy
04-02-17, 20:14
He's our best player by a country mile, should he have done better? Yes.

Cyclops
04-02-17, 20:15
After beating two men in the box, Noone should have buried it. Oh, and Whitts header attempt was not as close as it appears in the vid.

binman
04-02-17, 20:56

I beg your pardon

He is utter garbage. I dont slate players at games as its embarrassing but Harris gets on my wick - he'd struggle to get into a League 2 side

The worst 'winger' we have had since Pat Heard.
Wingers can cross a ball - he can't
wingers can beat a man with skill - he can't

Pushing the ball on and trying 90% of the time unsuccessfully to get in front of the full back does not make you a player

Why Warnock persists with him I have no idea

He is dross

Blue blood
04-02-17, 20:56
I thought it was a bad miss at the time and still do (after watching the replay)

Barry Shitpeas
04-02-17, 21:02
To be fair there were three players on the line and it was a tight angle.

Tandy
04-02-17, 21:03
I beg your pardon

He is utter garbage. I dont slate players at games as its embarrassing but Harris gets on my wick - he'd struggle to get into a League 2 side

Pushing the ball on and trying 90% of the time unsuccessfully to get in front of the full back does not make you a player

He is dross

It's a crazy game football probably why we love it. You think he's shit and I think he's our best player how mad is that? He was our only threat today nothing came from the other side of the pitch.

Kitman
04-02-17, 21:22
50/50 to score from there. Really tight gap tonthread it

Eric the Half a Bee
04-02-17, 21:46
It's a crazy game football probably why we love it. You think he's shit and I think he's our best player how mad is that? .

Mad was one word I considered....

Tandy
04-02-17, 21:51
Mad was one word I considered....

What is the win percentage after todays game.:hehe:

Eric the Half a Bee
04-02-17, 21:53

Still higher than Slade's :thumbup:

Seriously though, do you believe the nonsense you post as nobody ever agrees with you?

Tandy
04-02-17, 21:55
Still higher than Slade's :thumbup:

Seriously though, do you believe the nonsense you post as nobody ever agrees with you?

What nonsense?

RichardM
04-02-17, 22:13
He might not have scored but he should have at least forced on of those three to stop it

Robin Friday's Ghost
04-02-17, 23:46
It wasn't as straightforward as I thought at the time. But he'd have been better trying to place it rather than blasting it.
We had the better chances but couldn't put them away.

City123
05-02-17, 00:08
:fishing:

DubaiDai
05-02-17, 04:50
I beg your pardon

He is dross

Probably why NW was trying so hard to sign a winger in January :sherlock:

the other bob wilson
05-02-17, 05:06
The miss looks worse on that video than it did at the ground for me - I'd also say that, although he did very well to work the opening for himself, Craig Noone should have scored from that position.

Lawnmower
05-02-17, 07:47
The miss looks worse on that video than it did at the ground for me - I'd also say that, although he did very well to work the opening for himself, Craig Noone should have scored from that position.

True, but it was a fabulous save.
Ruddy is a quality keeper.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
05-02-17, 09:56
IMO this was a bad miss from Kadeem. He should have at least brought a save from keeper or somebody on the line. To blast over the bar just proves to me that he is not good enough at this level. There were other instances of poor play from him yesterday. The poor parts of his game far outweigh the positives. I have always thought his impact on a game is better when used from the bench.
Spedger

cardiff55
05-02-17, 11:58
I beg your pardon

He is dross

i agree with this, as do most of the people I sit near. We are now relying o a team where he is a regular and we have John, Healy and Gounongbe on the bench so no wonder were are where we are.

Lord Worcester
05-02-17, 12:21
IMO this was a bad miss from Kadeem. He should have at least brought a save from keeper or somebody on the line. To blast over the bar just proves to me that he is not good enough at this level. There were other instances of poor play from him yesterday. The poor parts of his game far outweigh the positives. I have always thought his impact on a game is better when used from the bench.
Spedger

Completely agree. As I do with your comment on Leeds away. Only 2nd away missed for us this season. Bloody rip off.

NYCBlue
05-02-17, 15:40

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10756369/cardiff-0-1-norwich

Pretty bad IMO.

Steve R
05-02-17, 16:16
My Nan could have scored that.

Rjk
05-02-17, 17:38
50/50 to score from there. Really tight gap tonthread it

Really good chances are usually 50/50 in xG. From there was probably 0.25 tops

MacAdder
05-02-17, 17:46

Seen worse but it is a bad miss. He has to hit the target!

On a positive good to see Noone take people on and actually carve something out, it's been a long while.

GRUMPYS DEN
05-02-17, 17:49

It would have been blocked had it been on target

GRUMPYS DEN
05-02-17, 17:51
I beg your pardon

He is dross

Rubbish from a binman-they usually collect it!!!!

Llanedeyrnblue
05-02-17, 19:51

It was a really bad miss

BLUETIT
05-02-17, 20:11

'AAAN BAULL

Baker
05-02-17, 20:17

:hehe:

TH63
05-02-17, 23:34

This. Spot on.

Llanedeyrnblue
07-02-17, 11:08
This. Spot on.

Glad he never wasted his time being more accurate then

qccfc
07-02-17, 11:33

You would have then had the case that the deflection could have gone anywhere, it could have gone in, it could have dropped to another Cardiff player. By blazing it over the bar it removes all those options, he should have hit the target.

jnc90
07-02-17, 11:33
It's a crazy game football probably why we love it. You think he's shit and I think he's our best player how mad is that? He was our only threat today nothing came from the other side of the pitch.

I think you're both off the mark. He's by no means our best player but 'utter garbage', no chance! I appreciate everyone has thier own opinion on football and players but recently he's offered an attacking threat that we haven't had for a while, someone with the pace to beat a man, always on the front foot. While he's improved a lot with his run in the team, he still lacking in final product and decision making. Nice to see someone willing to run at a defender though and cause problems. I'm sure what he's lacking will come in time. Along with Hoilett hitting a bit of form at the same time we now have 2 pacey wingers willing to attack defences, we've been missing that for years.

woolyback
07-02-17, 13:40
I think you're both off the mark. He's by no means our best player but 'utter garbage', no chance! I appreciate everyone has thier own opinion on football and players but recently he's offered an attacking threat that we haven't had for a while, someone with the pace to beat a man, always on the front foot. While he's improved a lot with his run in the team, he still lacking in final product and decision making. Nice to see someone willing to run at a defender though and cause problems. I'm sure what he's lacking will come in time. Along with Hoilett hitting a bit of form at the same time we now have 2 pacey wingers willing to attack defences, we've been missing that for years.

I totally agree, lets get off players backs, he is only going to improve with a run in the side, and pace has been lacking for so long. at least he is prepared to have a go and try and make something happen, without him, Hoilett and Zohore over 10-15 yards there isn't any pace at all.

Eric the Half a Bee
07-02-17, 14:02
You would have then had the case that the deflection could have gone anywhere, it could have gone in, it could have dropped to another Cardiff player. By blazing it over the bar it removes all those options, he should have hit the target.

Agreed. If he could have drilled it low, rather than thinking he had to hit it over the advancing defenders, there would have been more chance of him scoring, getting a deflection etc.

Tandy
15-02-17, 09:01
I beg your pardon

He is dross

:facepalm:

thehumblegringo
15-02-17, 09:12
I'm amazed how our fans sometimes want the finished article from inexperienced players.

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again. When Ronaldo came to Man United he was very much hit or miss in his first couple of seasons and his final ball was dreadful.

Kadeem and Zohore may be 23 but they are both much younger in terms of their development and we probably won't see the best of them for another season or two. They will have good games and bad games but they will grow and become more consistent.

I hope our fans will cut them some slack when they do have bad games and not continue to write them off when it does happen.

the other bob wilson
15-02-17, 09:47
I'm amazed how our fans sometimes want the finished article from inexperienced players.

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again. When Ronaldo came to Man United he was very much hit or miss in his first couple of seasons and his final ball was dreadful.

Kadeem and Zohore may be 23 but they are both much younger in terms of their development and we probably won't see the best of them for another season or two. They will have good games and bad games but they will grow and become more consistent.

I hope our fans will cut them some slack when they do have bad games and not continue to write them off when it does happen.

:thumbup:

Rjk
15-02-17, 09:56
Derby are a good example of using their lean years to bring through youngsters. And their recent good sides are built on a nucleus of players they have brought through.
Will Hughes is still only 21 and has almost 180 first team appearances.