PDA

View Full Version : Wine

WJ99mobile
17-02-17, 21:40
I've come to realise It's bloody lovely stuff.

I've also come to realise that not only price doesn't always determine how nice it is, neither do 'awards'. Maybe it's my shit taste.

I would always choose red over white or rose - can anyone recommend any budget wine? (Below £6) I've found lidls stuff very hit and miss!

Ring_Peace
17-02-17, 22:47
Never had a bad Chilean Merlot. Best drunk one day after opening :thumbup:

Rocco Siffredi
17-02-17, 23:38
Black Tower will remove any scratches off your car but if it's red as your favourite tipple , Bulls blood is the answer , But f@ck knows what the question is

BLUETIT
17-02-17, 23:42
I hate people who drop litter

MacAdder
17-02-17, 23:48

What would you drink in the meantime then and what if you don't fancy a glass the day after? 🤔

Cyclops
17-02-17, 23:48
I would always choose red over white or rose - can anyone recommend any budget wine?

I'm very partial to Blossom Hill - only £4.29 from the local shop. A fruity bouquet with a saucy aftertaste....great with a curry!

bobh
17-02-17, 23:55
Faustino is a decent Rioja, can be cheap or over a tenner, depending on ordinary/reserva/gran reserva etc

There's so any decent wines in supermarkets for under £5-£6, experiment and find one(or ten) that you like.

welshyoot
18-02-17, 03:42
https://www.aldi.co.uk/exquisite-argentinian-malbec/p/000000016286800

this aldi malbec is good - i really liked it and £6 a bottle - won some taste awards if that means anything :biggrin:

nugent
18-02-17, 06:32
As long as it's red or rose and over 9%, shove it in mun

Jimmy the Jock
18-02-17, 07:31
As long as it's red or rose and over 9%, shove it in mun

And now you know why Nugent is the cultural and etiquette secretary for Barry .

Ring_Peace
18-02-17, 07:42
What would you drink in the meantime then and what if you don't fancy a glass the day after? 🤔

Listen mate, if you're not going to take your job of drinking seriously then I can't help you. You've seen the booze adverts "Drink responsibly"... what can be more "responsible" than planning ahead?? 1302

MacAdder
18-02-17, 11:01
Listen mate, if you're not going to take your job of drinking seriously then I can't help you. You've seen the booze adverts "Drink responsibly"... what can be more "responsible" than planning ahead?? 1302

Ah now I see.
The answer to my second question speaks for itself and the first one.... you already had one open from the night before :hehe:

Over the Hill
18-02-17, 11:45
I've come to realise It's bloody lovely stuff.

I've also come to realise that not only price doesn't always determine how nice it is, neither do 'awards'. Maybe it's my shit taste.

I would always choose red over white or rose - can anyone recommend any budget wine? (Below £6) I've found lidls stuff very hit and miss!

Try Exquisite Australian Shiraz £5.80 14% full bodied red wine. Very impressed..

islandblue
18-02-17, 13:08

Just bought a Chilean cabernet sauvignon for £3.98 in Barry Asda. Can't fault that price.

Glos Blue
18-02-17, 13:28
Grapevine Merlot from Aldi is perfectly drinkable. At £3.29 a bottle, you can't go wrong.

lardy
18-02-17, 13:41
Grapevine Merlot from Aldi is perfectly drinkable. At £3.29 a bottle, you can't go wrong.

Blimey, that's damning with faint praise :hehe:

Vimana.
18-02-17, 13:48
@WJ99 aye, wine is a whole universe of beauty and pleasure to be explored, enjoyed, appreciated and occasionally getting merrily pissed. Only occasionally of course... ;)

So many to choose from but here's one suggestion - have a look in the Spanish section for a Rioja / Tempranillo which also says Reserva or better still Gran Reserva on the label.
Can be found at a genuinely decent price, esp when they might also be on offer.
Open a couple of hours before pouring.

These can be rich dark fruit , spicy, vanilla-ry, oaky or any combination thereof. Yum. Unlikely to find a disappointment. :thumbup:

kingbillyboy
18-02-17, 14:39
blue nun every time.

NYCBlue
18-02-17, 16:26
Watched this on Netflix last weekend. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGPsAQNvMBE