PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness. Is there too much of it nowadays?

David Vincent
13-03-17, 12:24
It seems that no matter what you do nowadays you will always be forgiven. A Brazilian goalie has been signed by a club despite him being sent to prison for the murder of a surplus girlfriend who was fed to his dogs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579411/Goalkeeper-girlfriend-kidnapped-murdered-fed-dogs-allowed-prison-12-months-22-year-sentence-continue-play-professional-football.html

Perhaps I'm unusually heartless but I can't understand why we should forgive anyone guilty of murder. I agree with the film character who said this : "God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Temujin
13-03-17, 20:47
s
It seems that no matter what you do nowadays you will always be forgiven. A Brazilian goalie has been signed by a club despite him being sent to prison for the murder of a surplus girlfriend who was fed to his dogs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579411/Goalkeeper-girlfriend-kidnapped-murdered-fed-dogs-allowed-prison-12-months-22-year-sentence-continue-play-professional-football.html

Perhaps I'm unusually heartless but I can't understand why we should forgive anyone guilty of murder. I agree with the film character who said this : "God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Your invocation of God at the end there leads me to assume that you possibly identify as Christian. If so, there is no limit to forgiveness.

BlueWales
13-03-17, 20:51
My wife won't forgive me for eating a left over bit of cheese from when I gave the dog her tablet two and a half hours ago.

I pointed out she had just gobbled down the left over sherry trifle from yesterday.

Somehow my crime was the greater. Quiet night ahead.

David Vincent
13-03-17, 22:06
s

Your invocation of God at the end there leads me to assume that you possibly identify as Christian. If so, there is no limit to forgiveness.

I am not religious at all. I think there are limits to forgiveness and killers transgress that limit. The quote is from "Dead Man's Shoes".

lardy
13-03-17, 22:51
My wife won't forgive me for eating a left over bit of cheese from when I gave the dog her tablet two and a half hours ago.

I pointed out she had just gobbled down the left over sherry trifle from yesterday.

Somehow my crime was the greater. Quiet night ahead.

How does the dog use the tablet with his paws?

Colonel Cærdiffi
13-03-17, 23:01

Why do you think they have a "paws" button? lol, just kidding pal, god that's what I love about this place, the banter.

Temujin
14-03-17, 03:30
I am not religious at all. I think there are limits to forgiveness and killers transgress that limit. The quote is from "Dead Man's Shoes".

In that case the answer is even easier, the limit to forgiveness is what the individual wants to grant. So again...no limit.

lardy
14-03-17, 07:32

Wouldn't say this is down to forgiveness. They simply don't care what he's done as they want a good keeper.

WJ99mobile
14-03-17, 07:40
That article is dated 2014

lardy
14-03-17, 07:45
That article is dated 2014

You're right, but he has only recently been released from prison and signed with a club yesterday. That article was a 'could' story.

Taunton Blue Genie
14-03-17, 12:18
You're right, but he has only recently been released from prison and signed with a club yesterday. That article was a 'could' story.

It would have been easier with a pen.

BlueWales
14-03-17, 13:00

It's a " she " actually so uses the same mental powers that all women use to make things work
the way they want them to.