PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff v Aldershot 20 March 1992

Charlie
20-03-17, 19:32
http://www.theshots.co.uk/20-march-1992/

Still one of the most emotional nights I've ever had at a football match.
Proud that City helped then as much as they could, but genuinely gutted that clubs with far higher resources than ourselves could watch a club disintegrate for what wouldn't have been a huge sum of money.
similar to what Orient are going through at the moment I suppose.

Feedback
20-03-17, 19:59
I remember that night very well. I remember the entire bob bank chanting 'Aldershot' at the end of the game.

Charlie
20-03-17, 20:03
I remember that night very well. I remember the entire bob bank chanting 'Aldershot' at the end of the game.

Yep, their players did a lap of honour.

blue matt
20-03-17, 20:10
as you said, a emotional night

nice to see so many chuck a quid or 2 into the buckets, made me proud to be a city fan

a downside, i dropped my " hot dog in a roll ", i loved them, a long roll with the hotdog right inside it, somewhat rammed down the center of it, not a roll cut open, trying to remember what they were called now

Alfonso Perez
20-03-17, 20:37
Amazing to think that this was 25 years ago as I remember so much about the game. I recall being disappointed about not getting a match programme as they had sold out but the club then did another print run & I managed to get one

El Gwapo
20-03-17, 20:48
Remember us having a mention on Saint & Greavsie for what we did

itkman
20-03-17, 21:34
a downside, i dropped my " hot dog in a roll ", i loved them, a long roll with the hotdog right inside it, somewhat rammed down the center of it, not a roll cut open, trying to remember what they were called now

Mrs Steve R
20-03-17, 22:14

nice to see so many chuck a quid or 2 into the buckets, made me proud to be a city fan

:hehe: Random.

Feedback
20-03-17, 22:22

The hot dog was the duce: warm moist and succulent. Or something like that....

Barry Shitpeas
20-03-17, 22:37

Is that the ones that had a hot dog sausage down the centre and stuffed with grated cheese? They used to do them in the old Queens West?? shopping centre food court. I think they were called a Hot Rod.

Dr Lecter
20-03-17, 22:44
Is that the ones that had a hot dog sausage down the centre and stuffed with grated cheese? They used to do them in the old Queens West?? shopping centre food court. I think they were called a Hot Rod.

I knew a girl who worked there making them.

They used to take the bread and force it down onto a phallus shaped object to make the hole. Then they had to move the bread in a swift up and down motion.

For some reason she hated it and got really embarrassed doing it.

Some people are just filthy.

Bruce Foxton
20-03-17, 23:10

Certainly puts the sad demise of Aldershot into perspective...

blue matt
20-03-17, 23:35
:hehe: Random.

i know

its funny as the night was moving as a football fan, a team playing its last game, i felt it

but as a hotdog fan, it also had its moments

blue matt
20-03-17, 23:37

i had the name " hot rod " in my mind as it goes, so you might be right, they used to squirt Tomato sauce in them aswell

I knew a girl who worked there making them.

They used to take the bread and force it down onto a phallus shaped object to make the hole. Then they had to move the bread in a swift up and down motion.

For some reason she hated it and got really embarrassed doing it.

Some people are just filthy.

thats the one, it was a metal rod

Certainly puts the sad demise of Aldershot into perspective...

Hotdog fans have feelings aswell you know :thumbup:

NYCBlue
21-03-17, 00:12
i know

its funny as the night was moving as a football fan, a team playing its last game, i felt it

but as a hotdog fan, it also had its moments

3 points down the drain too.

Llanedeyrnblue
21-03-17, 06:35
I was there my boy got our program signed by most of the both teams

Joe Gillis
21-03-17, 11:57
They were selling them outside the ground in Vienna last October . Took me right back, watching the young aryan minx prepare mine was a delightful experience

blue matt
21-03-17, 17:35
They were selling them outside the ground in Vienna last October . Took me right back, watching the young aryan minx prepare mine was a delightful experience

:thumbup:

surge
21-03-17, 18:51
It's become a small-big night in our history too.