PDA

View Full Version : That big Telegraph fiasco last year

LordKenwyne
24-07-17, 08:27
Gone awful quiet on that hasn't it?.

They used entrapment to get Big Sam sacked. England should never have wilted to media pressure.

The telegraph minced around as if they are about to blow a hole in UK football.

Maybe not.

They went after Jimmy Floyd. Eric Black of Saints. Etc etc etc etc.

Underhand tactics to slander people in the game, without enough evidence for there to be actual results such as sackings etc.

I hate that type of journalism and I don't think they've been criticised enough for how much they made of it, and how little they provided.

Taunton Blue Genie
24-07-17, 08:30

They used entrapment to get Big Sam sacked. England should never have wilted to media pressure.

Maybe not.

Underhand tactics to slander people in the game, without enough evidence for there to be actual results such as sackings etc.

I hate that type of journalism and I don't think they've been criticised enough for how much they made of it, and how little they provided.

It would have been libel and not slander :-)

LordKenwyne
24-07-17, 08:56
It would have been libel and not slander :-)

I didn't understand the difference. libel is written, slander spoken :sherlock:

life on mars
24-07-17, 09:02
There has since been big HMRC raids at clubs in the UK and France are they connected ?

Pedro de la Rosa
24-07-17, 09:18

Maybe not.

Well there was enough evidence for Big Sam to get sacked, as he got sacked. Same as Tommy Wright. Big Sam got the job of his dreams but that wasn't enough for him. Good riddance, he was an embarrassment to football.

Taunton Blue Genie
24-07-17, 09:30
I didn't understand the difference. libel is written, slander spoken :sherlock:

Indeed :thumbup:

LordKenwyne
24-07-17, 09:32
Well there was enough evidence for Big Sam to get sacked, as he got sacked. Same as Tommy Wright. Big Sam got the job of his dreams but that wasn't enough for him. Good riddance, he was an embarrassment to football.

That tactics used by the paper were cheap and underhand.

Pathetic journalism.

"Here is some money, do you want it".

"Nah, ya orite".

One of the funniest managers in the game.

A slap on the wrist would have been enough really. But lucky for us now england have southgate as their manager :hehe:

LordKenwyne
24-07-17, 09:32
There has since been big HMRC raids at clubs in the UK and France are they connected ?

Not sure if I am honest.

Pedro de la Rosa
24-07-17, 13:40
That tactics used by the paper were cheap and underhand.

Pathetic journalism.

"Here is some money, do you want it".

"Nah, ya orite".

One of the funniest managers in the game.

A slap on the wrist would have been enough really. But lucky for us now england have southgate as their manager :hehe:

Do you want some money to break the law and contravene third party ownership which treats players like slaves? Yes, I can do that, no problem. He's on £3m a year to manage 6 games. Say no, it isn't bloody difficult.

ccfc_is_my_life
24-07-17, 14:15
Do you want some money to break the law and contravene third party ownership which treats players like slaves? Yes, I can do that, no problem. He's on £3m a year to manage 6 games. Say no, it isn't bloody difficult.

Of course it's not difficult. Some cry entrapment over anything.

bluethrough
24-07-17, 14:26

I think they jumped the gun a bit when sacking Sam