PDA

View Full Version : Whittingham

William Treseder
26-07-17, 08:33
https://youtu.be/NoutAE9UCqg

Gonna be strange not seeing him this season.
Surely his finest moment with us. A day I'll never forget.

The Bob Banker Spanker
26-07-17, 09:35
https://youtu.be/2myVJjhowbY
Scored some brilliant goals for us.
I remember this one going in and the away end physically rocking.

BlueArmy 86
26-07-17, 10:07
That's my favourite goal I've seen live. Caused a mini earthquake I reckon! That silence before the ping on the post..so good

MacAdder
26-07-17, 10:54
Have to agree.
That trip was so good, coming back especially. The distance meant nothing, in fact it was a shame it had to end.
I put it down to the performance of the team against a premiership side who had signed big name players (I think it was live on the telly too).
That and knowing we were going to Wembley.

Thoth
26-07-17, 16:59
The one good thing about it is, if he scores against us there's no chance of him celebrating!! :hehe:

life on mars
26-07-17, 17:04
Will be strange not seeing the marmite conversations about him, I have seen and heard folk rant their dislike ,whilst sensible fans have appreciated what he brought to the club , skill and loyalty .

I've had a few stand up crowd moments defending him, lol .

WJ99mobile
26-07-17, 17:46
Will be strange not seeing the marmite conversations about him, I have seen and heard folk rant their dislike ,whilst sensible fans have appreciated what he brought to the club , skill and loyalty .

Cracking player often played in the wrong position. Hated when he was a QB as he never had the pace and phyiscality to defend.

Colonel Cærdiffi
26-07-17, 18:13
The one good thing about it is, if he scores against us there's no chance of him celebrating!! :hehe:

Imagine he did though. Imagine he scores an incredible outside-the-box volley into the top corner, (keeper had no chance, didn't even move!) and then runs the length of the sideline shaking his fists and shouting at the crowd the whole way down the pitch, kicking over Lucozade bottles in front of the dugout, giving Warnock the fingers before sliding on his knees, boxing the corner flag and kissing the badge.

splott parker
26-07-17, 18:46
Imagine he did though. Imagine he scores an incredible outside-the-box volley into the top corner, (keeper had no chance, didn't even move!) and then runs the length of the sideline shaking his fists and shouting at the crowd the whole way down the pitch, kicking over Lucozade bottles in front of the dugout, giving Warnock the fingers before sliding on his knees, boxing the corner flag and kissing the badge.

Don't be bloody ridiculous, he'd spill his tea everywhere☕️

life on mars
26-07-17, 19:00
Thanks Whitt's

William Treseder
26-07-17, 19:54
Always remember the city fan that day at Boro who was wearing the straw hoola skirt and Hawain shirt lol!! Anyone remember that?

Sgt. Pepper
26-07-17, 20:55

I reckon he will go chicken f*cking oriental.

More seriously, What a peg on that lad. Fecking hell.

dandywarhol
26-07-17, 21:54
Is Halford really better than Whitts,

Penarth Blues
26-07-17, 22:02

Not based on last season, and nothing seems to have improved in pre-season from the reports. I'm struggling to think of a time in either players career when I'd have preferred Halford over Whitts... Nope - nothing...

BlueArmy 86
26-07-17, 22:10
He would've played more than halford if he stayed, but that still wasn't going to be regularly enough for him. I respect his decision to leave, he loves playing football and fancied a new challenge. I think he'll always be my favourite city player.

NYCBlue
26-07-17, 22:58
On a side note: Will Tomlin celebrate against the wurzels? He ****ing better.

Sgt. Pepper
27-07-17, 20:52
I'm going to miss hearing Jason Perry saying Witnum.

cyril evans awaydays
27-07-17, 22:19
On a side note: Will Tomlin celebrate against the wurzels? He ****ing better.

He will probably have a sly chuckle for the winner

Mrs Steve R
27-07-17, 22:55
I'm going to miss hearing Jason Perry saying Witnum.
:hehe: it's irritating.

the other bob wilson
28-07-17, 03:40

Don't get the question - does anyone seriously see him as a Whitts replacement? Mind you, he's probably the better keeper of the two, is a better right back, probably a better left back, certainly a better centreback, a better sitting midfielder and a better striker.

Never have got the anti Halford stuff among many City fans - he was brought here as a utility player and did a decent job as such when asked to last season.

Feedback
28-07-17, 16:03

:hehe:

What side of the fence are You?

Feedback
28-07-17, 16:05
He would've played more than halford if he stayed, but that still wasn't going to be regularly enough for him. I respect his decision to leave, he loves playing football and fancied a new challenge. I think he'll always be my favourite city player.

The list of players placed higher than whitts is going to be a very short one.

chepstow
28-07-17, 16:34

Er no!!!
Its like replacing whitts with arfar mullard

Sgt. Pepper
28-07-17, 16:40
Er no!!!
Its like replacing whitts with arfar mullard

Or more accurately, with Greg Halford.

Which nobody has stated we are doing anyway. It was a rhetorical question.

NYCBlue
28-07-17, 18:27
The list of players placed higher than whitts is going to be a very short one.

:thumbup:

For me, easily the best long-serving player in my lifetime.

Blooburd
30-07-17, 10:36
:thumbup:

For me, easily the best long-serving player in my lifetime.

Half that serving was spent leeching off high wages. Some loyalty! :thumbup:

should've been pushed out years ago

J R Hartley
30-07-17, 10:51

Great first post :shrug:

jeepster
30-07-17, 11:01

Are you on a wind up or just stupid.