PDA

View Full Version : Stan Bowles

jeepster
28-07-17, 21:42
So sad to see such a great footballer ending up like this.Alzheimers is a horrible thing my mother inlaw was such a intelligent women she can not even get dressed on her own.It is so hard for her husband it is bringing him down.

Michael Morris
28-07-17, 21:54
So sad to see such a great footballer ending up like this.Alzheimers is a horrible thing my mother inlaw was such a intelligent women she can not even get dressed on her own.It is so hard for her husband it is bringing him down.

QPR have retired the no.10 shirt for this season only

1 | Alex Smithies
2 | Darnell Furlong
3 | Jake Bidwell
4 | Grant Hall
5 | Nedum Onuoha
6 | Joel Lynch
7 | Luke Freeman
8 | Jordan Cousins
9 | Conor Washington
10 | #JUSTFORSTAN
11 | Josh Scowen
12 | Jamie Mackie
13 | Matt Ingram
14 | Ryan Manning
15 | Steven Caulker
16 | Ariel Borysiuk
17 | Matt Smith
18 | Jack Robinson
19 | Sean Goss
21 | Massimo Luongo
22 | Pawel Wszolek
23 | Yeni Ngbakoto
24 | James Perch
25 | Michael Petrasso
26 | Joe Lumley
27 | Olamide Shodipo
28 | Reece Grego-Cox
29 | Osman Kakay
30 | Eberechi Eze
31 | Ray Jones
32 | Niko Hamalainen
40 | Idrissa Sylla

Kris
28-07-17, 21:55

It is a terrible disease, and there is some research that heading a football may be a contributory factor.

I really feel for your family - I can't imagine what you must all be going through.

Michael Morris
28-07-17, 21:57

Sorry to hear you have such close family suffering.

jeepster
28-07-17, 22:03
Sorry to hear you have such close family suffering.

They are lucky that they with my sister inlaw.But it is a strain on them.

MOZZER2
28-07-17, 22:10
saw the article on itv news earlier . as a kid growing up one of the best amongst the best around at that time and a player i wanted to be like when i grew up . a larger than life character and should be remembered in the same light as George Best in my opinion. hope the qpr fans will turn out in there droves to remember tomorrow and beyond

jeepster
28-07-17, 22:17
saw the article on itv news earlier . as a kid growing up one of the best amongst the best around at that time and a player i wanted to be like when i grew up . a larger than life character and should be remembered in the same light as George Best in my opinion. hope the qpr fans will turn out in there droves to remember tomorrow and beyond

The best maverick in football ever.

life on mars
29-07-17, 01:40
Absolute legend, anyone remeber the grange chanting to him "Stanley where's your wife" as England took a corner, he just turned to us , and shrugged his shoulders.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
29-07-17, 14:56
Absolute legend, anyone remeber the grange chanting to him "Stanley where's your wife" as England took a corner, he just turned to us , and shrugged his shoulders.

Remember it well :thumbup:

MOZZER2
29-07-17, 23:24
stan bowles 1972 against us

what a hideous kit we played in away and red too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY52hDRo3T0

The Bob Banker Spanker
30-07-17, 00:09

Loftus Rd hasn't changed abit.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
30-07-17, 10:46
Remember it well :thumbup:

I thought you were referring to the League Cup game. That's the one I remember the "Stanley where's your wife" chant

Packerman
30-07-17, 11:08
I thought you were referring to the League Cup game. That's the one I remember the "Stanley where's your wife" chant

and he turned to the Grange and shrugged his shoulders :hehe:

Mr Soul '68
30-07-17, 11:37
Thanks for posting the clip. Pity we got stuffed.What an awful away kit. We never have, and never will look right playing in red!

MacAdder
30-07-17, 12:47
Yep. One of the great mavericks of his time.
Don't forget, those were the days of chopper Harris, Norman Hunter (rest of Leeds players too numerous to mention) etc and those of his ilk, sticking their heads above the parapet, were targets and kicked to feck.
Little protection from the referee was afforded to the striker who usually had his back to goal.

Regarding his wife, she probably got the brunt of every kick stroke bad decision he took.

Stanley deserves his place in the hall of fame "maverick players".