PDA

View Full Version : New season, new features, new forums?

Michael Morris
02-08-17, 11:20
Anyone have an suggestions to improve the MB? Should we have some more regular features to go with Matchday Threads and FNM?

We should make the predictions thread a permanent addition, maybe make the matchday thread a match thread and sticky it a few days before.

Threads can be kept sarcasm free and flippant remarks removed so they keep on topic. Do we need a new forum for anything. Is politics working, I never look.

Thoughts?

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 11:25
Excuse my ignorance MIke but what does FNM stand for please?

Rjk
02-08-17, 11:31

Friday night music?

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 11:33
Friday night music?

Gotcha :thumbup:

Ive been staying off here on weekend nights, when im drinking.

TH63
02-08-17, 11:40
Very rarely go on the politics board, but seems to be the same people discussing the same subjects which have little interest to me. Get rid of it and that stuff would just take over the main board imho.
I don't do predictions mainly because I don't want to put the kiss of death on our chances, for the same reason I'd never put a bet on city.
Not bothered about the FNM threads tbh.
I like the match day threads.
Other than that I don't think there's much that needs changing tbh

Llanedeyrnblue
02-08-17, 11:42
Anyone have an suggestions to improve the MB? Should we have some more regular features to go with Matchday Threads and FNM?

We should make the predictions thread a permanent addition, maybe make the matchday thread a match thread and sticky it a few days before.

Threads can be kept sarcasm free and flippant remarks removed so they keep on topic. Do we need a new forum for anything. Is politics working, I never look.

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me especially the matchday thread coming days before the game

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 11:43
Very rarely go on the politics board, but seems to be the same people discussing the same subjects which have little interest to me. Get rid of it and that stuff would just take over the main board imho.
I don't do predictions mainly because I don't want to put the kiss of death on our chances, for the same reason I'd never put a bet on city.

Agreed

TH63
02-08-17, 11:46
Gotcha :thumbup:

Ive been staying off here on weekend nights, when im drinking.
I think a few more of us should take that advice! :thumbup:

Baloo
02-08-17, 11:50
How about something like this as a sticky? Makes it easy to have a nose what opposition fans are saying about us in the lead-up to games.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186815-season-201718-championship-clubs-forums/

Might generate some discussion/laughs/derision.

BLUETIT
02-08-17, 11:52

Friday night music?

Always thought it was FNT, Friday Night Tunes :shrug:

El Gwapo
02-08-17, 11:52
I enjoy the FNM threads :music:
Happy to see it a sticky but it seems to remain near the top of the board every week for the Friday at least then tails off so no biggy either way

stan butler
02-08-17, 11:53
Maybe make a joke section so the posters who don't add anything to a thread other than contantly spoil it with their silly jokes and puns will hopefully go there.

BLUETIT
02-08-17, 11:55
What about a LADIES night, when we let the tried and trusted LADIES on here debate a subject, without us males being able to post/reply.

We men, might pick up a few "good manners" :hehe:

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 11:55
Id like to see Whitts have his own thread - "Whitts Watch".

Ill certainly be adopting Blackburn as my 2nd team this season. Sorry, 3rd team after Liverpool.

itkman
02-08-17, 12:00
Maybe make a joke section so the posters who don't add anything to a thread other than contantly spoil it with their silly jokes and puns will hopefully go there.

*constantly

Charlie
02-08-17, 12:07
*constantly

And a spelling thread.

TH63
02-08-17, 12:17

Ill certainly be adopting Blackburn as my 2nd team this season. Sorry, 3rd team after Liverpool.

:hehe:

In all seriousness, I'd be all in favour of a weekly Loramski "loanwatch" feature.

I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS
02-08-17, 12:20

a watch whitts thread :thumbup: best idea yet

a 2nd n 3rd team :facepalm:

Llanedeyrnblue
02-08-17, 12:57

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

BLUEAWAY
02-08-17, 14:11
Maybe a Player ratings thread to go with each match

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 14:18
Maybe a Player ratings thread to go with each match

Whitts 4

Steve R
02-08-17, 15:07

Thoughts?

Yes, let's do away with any comedy on here.

Swines, coming on here enjoying themselves etc.....

itkman
02-08-17, 15:22

I sense another flounce.

Nobody's Rep
02-08-17, 15:41

I'm the same re not betting on the city but has not worked out too well in the 39 years I have been following them!!!

Colonel Cærdiffi
02-08-17, 15:45
I sense another flounce.

Steve's right though.

Mike will happily take forum advice from posters like Stan Butler who have posted about 4 times in the last week, two of which were about birds he fancies whilst trying to distance the board from the posters that actually keep it ticking over in the quiet times.

The ones moaning always seem to be the ones who prefer moaning than starting football related threads.

ccfc_is_my_life
02-08-17, 15:56
*constantly

Maybe he meant "contently"?

I can imagine the serenity involved in contently spoiling threads...

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 16:31
Steve's right though.

Mike will happily take forum advice from posters like Stan Butler who have posted about 4 times in the last week, two of which were about birds he fancies whilst trying to distance the board from the posters that actually keep it ticking over in the quiet times.

The ones moaning always seem to be the ones who prefer moaning than starting football related threads.

That's a bit rich coming from you. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything of any substance on football and you spend your life on here.

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 16:32
I sense another flounce.

Good

Colonel Cærdiffi
02-08-17, 16:56
That's a bit rich coming from you. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything of any substance on football and you spend your life on here.

I'd be prepared to bet I've posted more football related posts on here than Stan.

itkman
02-08-17, 16:58
Steve's right though.

I quite agree, I came here for the football but it's the funnies that keep me here.

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 17:13
I quite agree, I came here for the football but it's the funnies that keep me here.

All Mike has said is he doesn't want the match and prediction threads derailed I don't know why people are getting their knickers in such a twist

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 17:15
I'd be prepared to bet I've posted more football related posts on here than Stan.

if you want to make the bet a ratio of football posts v number of posts made then I'll bet you

Colonel Cærdiffi
02-08-17, 17:20
All Mike has said is he doesn't want the match and prediction threads derailed I don't know why people are getting their knickers in such a twist

Those threads typically don't get derailed with jokes. What were you saying about twisted knickers?

Colonel Cærdiffi
02-08-17, 17:24
if you want to make the bet a ratio of football posts v number of posts made then I'll bet you

Lets say for every 10 posts I make 1 is football related but for every 10 posts Stan makes 2 are football related. What conclusions would you come to?

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 17:25
Those threads typically don't get derailed with jokes. What were you saying about twisted knickers?

Jokes are funny. You're not.

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 17:26
Lets say for every 10 posts I make 1 is football related but for every 10 posts Stan makes 2 are football related. What conclusions would you come to?

If you want help with Key Stage 1 maths then you can get a variety of exercise books from The Works

Vindec
02-08-17, 17:37
The most interesting threads have nothing to do with football and particularly Cardiff City which is a depressing subject especially if we lose two games on the trot when so called fans will be calling for "Warnock out"

Penarth Blues
02-08-17, 17:39
Is getting rid of the ads (not Adz) on offer? You'd double the interaction if you could...

Steve R
02-08-17, 18:15

It could be worse, you could be a nasty attention seeking anonymous Troll.

Heathblue
02-08-17, 18:19
A Saturday night, over 18's after 22.00pm Filth thread, post your best filth sites :thumbup:

Sgt. Pepper
02-08-17, 18:22

In all seriousness, I'd be all in favour of a weekly Loramski "loanwatch" feature.

:thumbup:

jamieccfc
02-08-17, 18:24
Is getting rid of the ads (not Adz) on offer? You'd double the interaction if you could...

It would be great if this could happen

bobh
02-08-17, 18:32
How about a football forum so our joke/pun/politics/boobs threads don't get cluttered up?

:hide:

Tandy
02-08-17, 19:12
How about a fishing Forum, Hartley could be a Coderator. He got the mouth for it:popcorn:

adz-a32
02-08-17, 19:24

:hehe: But honestly speaking, the adverts are annoying on mobile so I hardly come here on mobile

Croesy Blue
02-08-17, 19:47

Maybe if the comedy on here suddenly became funny, people wouldn't mind

NYCBlue
02-08-17, 20:27
How about something like this as a sticky? Makes it easy to have a nose what opposition fans are saying about us in the lead-up to games.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186815-season-201718-championship-clubs-forums/

Might generate some discussion/laughs/derision.

Jesus, there's not much happening on the Burton site.

Michael Morris
02-08-17, 22:08
Ok. After seeing the replies I'll put up a match thread a couple of days ahead of a game. Will also sticky a score predictions thread to run alongside. I may add an announcement with links to other clubs forums so you can have a couple of clicks to check out other teams boards.

There is an infraction system that we've never used. I'm going to try and keep on top of threads and I will issue infractions if people deliberately troll, derail or abuse / post insensitive stuff.

This is a real tricky area to moderate between comedy, insensitivity, etc. But I'll try. Infractions come with a points award, run up 6 points and you get a ban. Maybe set it for 48 hours.

I don't know what happens when an infraction is issued. I guess you get notified. I will issue a couple tonight as tests. From tomorrow they will be real. Might work, might not.

Heisenberg
02-08-17, 22:11
:hehe: But honestly speaking, the adverts are annoying on mobile so I hardly come here on mobile

I didn't think I'd see an argument for keeping the adverts - but here we are.

Michael Morris
02-08-17, 22:15
I have asked for ads to be removed. Now we can post YouTube and Twitter in opening posts as that ad has been removed. But I can't influence much more. I can only suggest ad blockers.

TH63
02-08-17, 22:16
Ok. After seeing the replies I'll put up a match thread a couple of days ahead of a game. Will also sticky a score predictions thread to run alongside. I may add an announcement with links to other clubs forums so you can have a couple of clicks to check out other teams boards.

There is an infraction system that we've never used. I'm going to try and keep on top of threads and I will issue infractions if people deliberately troll, derail or abuse / post insensitive stuff.

This is a real tricky area to moderate between comedy, insensitivity, etc. But I'll try. Infractions come with a points award, run up 6 points and you get a ban. Maybe set it for 48 hours.

I don't know what happens when an infraction is issued. I guess you get notified. I will issue a couple tonight as tests. From tomorrow they will be real. Might work, might not.

Oooh, I can see people on five points making sure they get the sixth on a boring Wednesday morning in order to give themselves a clean slate for a few drunken rants on the weekend.

I assume there will still be the option for a straight red?

lardy
03-08-17, 05:46
Oooh, I can see people on five points making sure they get the sixth on a boring Wednesday morning in order to give themselves a clean slate for a few drunken rants on the weekend.

I assume there will still be the option for a straight red?

The equivalent of picking up a fifth yellow before a league cup tie.

TH63
03-08-17, 05:58

Just noticed that at the bottom of the window of my previous reply I've got a little yellow card, if I click on it it tells me why I've received the infraction.

Once I've reviewed the video I'll be launching an appeal.

TH63
03-08-17, 06:16
Just noticed that at the bottom of the window of my previous reply I've got a little yellow card, if I click on it it tells me why I've received the infraction.

Once I've reviewed the video I'll be launching an appeal.

Oh and you also get a PM, giving you a reason. I've now got two yellows :cry:

lardy
03-08-17, 06:48
Oh and you also get a PM, giving you a reason. I've now got two yellows :cry:

If it can happen to the chief inspector of the ccmb morality police then it can happen to anyone.

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 07:26
If it can happen to the chief inspector of the ccmb morality police then it can happen to anyone.

Nobody's safe :yikes:

TH63
03-08-17, 08:21
upDaTe

Looking at my profile, there's a tab for infractions.

When I click on it, it tells me I've got a yellow - 0 points for a reply in this thread and a Red - 3 points, for insulting another member (Telling Nugent he could cash in his flex voucher at a home game for the following home game)

Seems to be different icons for mobile and full site.

Michael Morris
03-08-17, 08:37
upDaTe

Looking at my profile, there's a tab for infractions.

When I click on it, it tells me I've got a yellow - 0 points for a reply in this thread and a Red - 3 points, for insulting another member (Telling Nugent he could cash in his flex voucher at a home game for the following home game)

Seems to be different icons for mobile and full site.

I was testing on your username :-)

Dr Lecter
03-08-17, 09:05

Purely at random of course?

TH63
03-08-17, 09:24

Yeah, I got that Mike, was just giving you feedback as you seemed unsure about what notifications users were given.

I notice the cards and points haven't been rescinded mind!! Due to fall off at the end of the month :hehe:

Llanedeyrnblue
03-08-17, 09:31
Where's Saturdays match thread then?

Kris
03-08-17, 10:21

Maybe some are scared of being excluded from posts that sit at the top of the board. What with them having zero interest on football an' all.

Kris
03-08-17, 10:22
Jokes are funny. You're not.

It needed saying.

Kris
03-08-17, 10:28

Off topic posts in threads should be deleted.

I mean, how often can :thunbup: or :lincon: be funny and/or relevant?

thehumblegringo
03-08-17, 10:34
On the bluebirds forum Otto (Blue in the Face) came up with the idea of having a section for player threads where each player had his own thread. I thought that was a decent idea.

Kris
03-08-17, 10:43
On the bluebirds forum Otto (Blue in the Face) came up with the idea of having a section for player threads where each player had his own thread. I thought that was a decent idea.

How about man of the match votes? Run for 48 hours after a game, league table for players who won?

thehumblegringo
03-08-17, 10:46
Anything that will get more football threads is a yes from me

TH63
03-08-17, 10:51
How about man of the match votes? Run for 48 hours after a game, league table for players who won?

I like that idea :thumbup:

Kris
03-08-17, 11:02
On another forum, they have a sticky listing all the live games on tv that week. Not sure how they do it, but it's handy.

emjayblue
03-08-17, 11:02
I know Blue in the Face started that Youth development thread last season, but maybe we should have a separate under 23/ youth match thread just to read a report on their respective matches.

emjayblue
03-08-17, 11:26
Speaking of which the U23 fixtures have just been released.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/u23--201718-league-fixtures-confirmed/

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 11:39
Where has B.I.F flounced to? or is he posting under a new name?

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 11:40
Off topic posts in threads should be deleted.

I mean, how often can :thunbup: or :lincon: be funny and/or relevant?

:thunbdown:

TH63
03-08-17, 11:42
Where has B.I.F flounced to? or is he posting under a new name?

Who's BIF?

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 11:45
Who's BIF?

Blue In The Face so should have been BITF :facepalm:

thehumblegringo
03-08-17, 12:55
An official "Come back Blue in the Face" thread

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 13:03
An official "Come back Blue in the Face" thread

:malky:

Charlie
03-08-17, 13:09
I'm sure I remember him posting that he was taking some time away in the summer,dont quote me though.
Hope he comes back, quality contributer,not just on football but F.N.M. as well.
Last posting in June.

Kris
03-08-17, 13:11
the posters that actually keep it ticking over in the quiet times.

What does this mean?

Mrs Steve R
03-08-17, 13:12
I'm sure I remember him posting that he was taking some time away in the summer,dont quote me though.
Hope he comes back, quality contributer,not just on football but F.N.M. as well.
Last posting in June.
Has he taken Vimana with him?

Nick
03-08-17, 14:24
A regularly updated league table of MB infractions would be interesting.

Mrs Steve R
03-08-17, 14:34
A regularly updated league table of MB infractions would be interesting.
Why? so you you can go rubbing people up the wrong way to try and get them banned?

Nick
03-08-17, 14:37
Why? so you you can go rubbing people up the wrong way to try and get them banned?

Certainly not!

Organ Morgan.
03-08-17, 14:38
A feature to like or dislike any message would be handy.

Nick
03-08-17, 14:38

What like the stars we can already use? One star for dislike to Five stars for like.

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 14:46

Sounds about right. Hopefully Mike will see through his game and count them as an infraction.

TH63
03-08-17, 14:47
Creosy's going up as ****ing champions

TH63
03-08-17, 14:49
What like the stars we can already use? One star for dislike to Five stars for like.

They only work for the thread though don't they, not the post?

Nick
03-08-17, 14:54
They only work for the thread though don't they, not the post?

Thats very true. I was only trying to be helpful as perhaps Mr Morgan was not aware of the star system.

Mrs Steve R
03-08-17, 15:05
Certainly not!
:innocentsmiley: Well if you wouldn't someone else would.

If you want to keep up to date with who's upset who you will have to read the forum more so you don't miss anything. :biggrin:

I already know who dislikes my posts, everyone. :hehe:

Sounds about right. Hopefully Mike will see through his game and count them as an infraction.

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 15:24
Creosy's going up as ****ing champions

Vindec
04-08-17, 07:57
A few hundred more contributions will see this thread beating the number of views devoted to Carol Kirkwood.

TH63
04-08-17, 08:11
A few hundred more contributions will see this thread beating the number of views devoted to Carol Kirkwood.
Are you suggesting that the great and good of ccmb are more interested in a lady I'd previously never heard of, than how the board is structured?

Basket cases the lot of us

J R Hartley
04-08-17, 15:02
How about a "BREAKING NEWS" sticky where we can post such important breaking news that Warnock is looking forwards to the new season?

TH63
04-08-17, 15:15
How about a "BREAKING NEWS" sticky where we can post such important breaking news that Warnock is looking forwards to the new season?

Sarcy fecker :hehe:

J R Hartley
04-08-17, 15:26
Sarcy fecker :hehe:

Im just annoyed with myself for falling for it :angry:

LordKenwyne
05-08-17, 16:08
Not sure if it has been suggested but on every other football forum they have official post match threads.

The match thread on here has been changed to full time 1 nil. But I see it as a thread id only talk in during the game, not that i talked in this one!.

There isn't really a place to talk after the games finished. People will make their own threads but I reckon itd be better if a mod created one.

thehumblegringo
05-08-17, 16:12
Not sure if it has been suggested but on every other football forum they have official post match threads.

The match thread on here has been changed to full time 1 nil. But I see it as a thread id only talk in during the game, not that i talked in this one!.

There isn't really a place to talk after the games finished. People will make their own threads but I reckon itd be better if a mod created one.

I think that's a good idea

J R Hartley
05-08-17, 16:12

We have two mod. One is on holiday and the boss as at the game.

TH63
05-08-17, 16:15

Beef still around?

LordKenwyne
05-08-17, 16:23

I was going to say I guess during games they may all be away, but there could be other people who are given the job to create it.

J R Hartley
05-08-17, 16:47
I was going to say I guess during games they may all be away, but there could be other people who are given the job to create it.

To be fair are you that thick that you need the main thread to be changed to POST match thread to discuss the game?

J R Hartley
05-08-17, 16:47
Beef still around?

What's his username?

Nick
05-08-17, 16:59
What's his username?

Beef

J R Hartley
05-08-17, 17:07
Beef

Whoooooooosh