View Full Version : Neymars father earns more than Messi

J R Hartley
02-08-17, 21:33
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/heres-how-much-neymars-father-will-reportedly-make-from-the-psg-transfer-136350

If this is true then that's just insane.

The game truly has gone mad.

Wales-Bales
02-08-17, 22:46
He's probably a better player too :biggrin:

bobh
03-08-17, 07:34
Insane, indeed; and surely unsustainable.
Top-level could well implode in a few years time., though Chinese money may keep it going a bit in Asia.

Llanedeyrnblue
03-08-17, 07:36
Clubs a joke

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 07:37
The nerve of holding out for a "Loyalty" payment from Barca. Bonkers.

Llanedeyrnblue
03-08-17, 07:43
Neymar is now on 40.3 million a year

Pedro de la Rosa
03-08-17, 07:44
The nerve of holding out for a "Loyalty" payment from Barca. Bonkers.

Barca evaded taxes, hid funds, changed presidents, sat out two transfer windows, paid off his dad, broke international law and took Qatar's blood money in order to get Neymar; then act bitter when Qatar comes back to bite them on the arse. Neymar Sr and Jr came from a favela. For me, in recent years, the halo has certainly slipped from Barca and the villification of Neymar Sr and Jr will begin, as opposed to Barca looking inwardly at why their morals have completely disappeared.

Zenith
03-08-17, 07:45
How long before we see the average Championship salary above 1 million a year?

Llanedeyrnblue
03-08-17, 07:48
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40809505

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 07:51
Barca evaded taxes, hid funds, changed presidents, sat out two transfer windows, paid off his dad, broke international law and took Qatar's blood money in order to get Neymar; then act bitter when Qatar comes back to bite them on the arse. Neymar Sr and Jr came from a favela. For me, in recent years, the halo has certainly slipped from Barca and the villification of Neymar Sr and Jr will begin, as opposed to Barca looking inwardly at why their morals have completely disappeared.

So what youre saying is the Neymars can be excused from immoral activity because they are from the favela?

the other bob wilson
03-08-17, 08:13
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/heres-how-much-neymars-father-will-reportedly-make-from-the-psg-transfer-136350

If this is true then that's just insane.

The game truly has gone mad.

And Messi's the most overpaid player in the world apparently.

noodles
03-08-17, 08:21
I think this only highlights the problem with agents aka vultures being paid vastly inflated payments. When will this madness ever stop?

LordKenwyne
03-08-17, 08:28
And Messi's the most overpaid player in the world apparently.

What do you mean?.

Edit - now I know.

TH63
03-08-17, 08:33
I think this only highlights the problem with agents aka vultures being paid vastly inflated payments. When will this madness ever stop?

It will only stop when clubs decide enough is enough and refuse to pay these ridiculous transfer fees and wages.

Dr Lecter
03-08-17, 08:58
It will only stop when clubs decide enough is enough and refuse to pay these ridiculous transfer fees and wages.

I'm guessing that will only happen when Sky, Nike, Emirates and all the other people funding it realise that it's not cost efficient any more.

Until then it's all about trying to squeeze every last drop of money out of the game.

Dr Lecter
03-08-17, 09:02
Not that I'm wishing serious injury on any player (apart from Jack Grealish of course) but imagine if PSG Stump up 200 million quid up front on Neymar and he breaks his leg in his first game?

Saying that, he'd still be better value for money than Cornelius.

LordKenwyne
03-08-17, 09:07
Not that I'm wishing serious injury on any player (apart from Jack Grealish of course) but imagine if PSG Stump up 200 million quid up front on Neymar and he breaks his leg in his first game?

Saying that, he'd still be better value for money than Cornelius.

If only tan wasnt a bellend and flogged him to try to back up his case against MM.

Rickie lambert will go down as one of the worst signings in my memory. Plenty of chances. Unfit and crap. Not on corn dogs wage but still huge.

Dr Lecter
03-08-17, 09:14
If only tan wasnt a bellend and flogged him to try to back up his case against MM.

Rickie lambert will go down as one of the worst signings in my memory. Plenty of chances. Unfit and crap. Not on corn dogs wage but still huge.

I'll see your Lambert and raise you Gavin Gordon. Half a million quid (quite a sum at the time) for a shit LFW.

life on mars
03-08-17, 09:15
Think Messi and Pa were guilty of making more money via certain tax dealings , if FFP is applied the state owned PSG will have to pay the lot in full ,the other way out Neymer buys out his own contract again subsided by the state called Quatar.

Its not only agents that are a worry, it's the growing number of state owned influenced clubs ,which surely is morally wrong.

Time to stand tall and become brave Fifa , lead by example, oh hang on you have , and these murky dealings symbolises your own alleged corrupitions

Pedro de la Rosa
03-08-17, 09:28
So what youre saying is the Neymars can be excused from immoral activity because they are from the favela?

No but Barcelona whining about it annoys me. The one who's forgotten their morals is Barcelona, they've ignored talent from the academy, pissed money up the wall and chosen bad managers, and pretended how pious they are while taking Qatar's money.

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 09:33
No but Barcelona whining about it annoys me. The one who's forgotten their morals is Barcelona, they've ignored talent from the academy, pissed money up the wall and chosen bad managers, and pretended how pious they are while taking Qatar's money.

Im not from Barcelona though, im just a general football fan concerned about where the game is going when an agent is earning more than the best footballer in the world. Two wrongs dont make a right, and just because they come from the fevela many years ago, it doesnt justify their actions now.

thehumblegringo
03-08-17, 10:08

Barcelona's error was in voting in the current president. If Laporta had got back we would now be seeing La Masi fully utilised again instead of being an after thought.

Pedro de la Rosa
03-08-17, 10:25
Im not from Barcelona though, im just a general football fan concerned about where the game is going when an agent is earning more than the best footballer in the world. Two wrongs dont make a right, and just because they come from the fevela many years ago, it doesnt justify their actions now.

I personally don't think Neymar is in it for the money, I think he wants to be top dog somewhere. The money helps but Barca are in a mess. Agents fees, wages and transfer fees are absolutely stupid. If Neymar goes for £193m, and I've seen somewhere that Ligue 1 prize money is €30m and the CL is about €50m, they'd have to win 3 league titles and 2 CL titles just to cover his transfer fee. Football has long been disappearing up its own arse for a while though, so I'm not shocked. I just hope (it won't be) that this is a watershed moment, where everyone agrees that enough is enough and we can press the reset button.

Pedro de la Rosa
03-08-17, 10:32
Barcelona's error was in voting in the current president. If Laporta had got back we would now be seeing La Masi fully utilised again instead of being an after thought.

I agree, since Laporta left in 2010, Barcelona have become just another big club, they are no longer "more than a club". They have bought atrociously for years though. In the game vs PSG last season, one player (Umtiti) signed post 2014 played and he only played due to Alba being unavailable. They've spent over £200m in that time too.

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 10:34
I personally don't think Neymar is in it for the money, I think he wants to be top dog somewhere. The money helps but Barca are in a mess. Agents fees, wages and transfer fees are absolutely stupid. If Neymar goes for £193m, and I've seen somewhere that Ligue 1 prize money is €30m and the CL is about €50m, they'd have to win 3 league titles and 2 CL titles just to cover his transfer fee. Football has long been disappearing up its own arse for a while though, so I'm not shocked. I just hope (it won't be) that this is a watershed moment, where everyone agrees that enough is enough and we can press the reset button.

I dont really think that argument washes when hes gone and joined the French league. Hes got less chance of winning a Ball'on Dor playing in France than he does Spain. If he wants to step out of Messis shadow then stay and out perform him.

Its all about the money for me.

thehumblegringo
03-08-17, 10:37
People rave about Umtiti but i think he's been awful and nowhere near the standard set by Puyol.

The less said about Denis Suarez, Vidal, Gomes etc the better. Awful.

Why they would sell Fabregas and Thiago when Xavi was coming to the end of his career baffles me, and now i read they're trying to sign Paulinho ffs!

LordKenwyne
03-08-17, 10:40
Arda turan was the worst one.

A terrible signing. He isn't a barca winger at all.

Cost them like 35 - 40 million euros. 29 at the time also.

They're on a role with poor signings.

LordKenwyne
03-08-17, 10:45
La Liga has rejected an attempt by lawyers for Barcelona forward Neymar to pay his buyout clause of 222m euros (£198m).

The Brazilian, 25, is expected to sign for Paris St-Germain for a world record fee, after telling Barcelona he wanted to leave the club on Wednesday.

thehumblegringo
03-08-17, 10:47
Arda turan was the worst one.

A terrible signing. He isn't a barca winger at all.

Cost them like 35 - 40 million euros. 29 at the time also.

They're on a role with poor signings.

I meant Turan when i said Vidal!

LordKenwyne
03-08-17, 10:51

Aaaah.

I meant roll, not role!.

Their fans were slating Gomes on their forum. Hoping to offload him for a loss. A decent Euros and Barca throw money at him.

Rakitic started well but his form plummeted.

I can't think of many good signings at all the past couple of seasons. I can't actually think of 1.

The goalie will be around for years but he signed 3 years ago.

LordKenwyne
03-08-17, 10:52

Aaaah.

I meant roll, not role!.

Their fans were slating Gomes on their forum. Hoping to offload him for a loss. A decent Euros and Barca throw money at him.

Rakitic started well but his form plummeted.

I can't think of many good signings at all the past couple of seasons. I can't actually think of 1.

The deals in 2014 were good ones. The goalie and Suarez came in that window. After that............................

My Name is Dave.
03-08-17, 10:58
La Liga has rejected an attempt by lawyers for Barcelona forward Neymar to pay his buyout clause of 222m euros (£198m).

The Brazilian, 25, is expected to sign for Paris St-Germain for a world record fee, after telling Barcelona he wanted to leave the club on Wednesday.

Spanish league are worried its the thin end of wedge - if all their stars go their league is worthless.

Even Barca & real will find it hard if psg Man City start splashing the real
Money

JDerrida
03-08-17, 11:06
Qatar is a rogue state, that due to it's money is able to buy the influence and silence governing bodies such as FIFA.
How it EVER got accepted for the World Cup is scandalous.
How it continues to use SLAVE labour from the Indian sub continent, in appalling conditions and everyone turns a blind eye is even worse.
It already has enormous wealth due to natural resources.
However, for them to able to build all the stadia required for the World Cup using slave labour means that they and the likes of Dubai, are able to produce stadia, incredible iconic buildings and infrastructures to support those at an absolute fraction of the costs when compared to the West.
This means that they are developing and growing ready for the 22nd Century, using far worse than the appalling 19th century labour practices.

Pedro de la Rosa
03-08-17, 11:11
I dont really think that argument washes when hes gone and joined the French league. Hes got less chance of winning a Ball'on Dor playing in France than he does Spain. If he wants to step out of Messis shadow then stay and out perform him.

Its all about the money for me.

He wants to be the star, he'd get seven shades kicked out of him over here and realistically only Real or PSG can afford him. If he wins PSG the CL, he'd probably win the Ballon d'Or, as his goalscoring record for Brazil is already ridiculous. 52 in 77!

Pedro de la Rosa
03-08-17, 11:14

Both were awful! €18m for a third choice right back doesn't look like great business. With Turan, the only saving grace is it stops Atleti having him where is was a good player for them.

J R Hartley
03-08-17, 11:21
He wants to be the star, he'd get seven shades kicked out of him over here and realistically only Real or PSG can afford him. If he wins PSG the CL, he'd probably win the Ballon d'Or, as his goalscoring record for Brazil is already ridiculous. 52 in 77!

He could be the star in Barcelona side if he backs himself. Hes coming up to his peak years, and Messi is on the way down. I dont buy that its for football purposes sorry. The French league is weak compared to the other main leagues in Europe.

People say he already earns a fortune at Barcelona but they got tens of millions off Barca for signing a new contract, and will get tens of millions in agent fees for the sale to PSG. Thats without the extra 10-15 million a year hell be getting in wages. I just wish theyd be more honest and say its about money than this bollocks about maining the star and winning the Ballon dor. Surely its better to be one of the stars for Barcelona and help regain top status from Madrid, than star player for a club in the French league.

Its like Scott Sinclair going from Man City to being the best player in Scotland.

Pedro de la Rosa
03-08-17, 11:30
He could be the star in Barcelona side if he backs himself. Hes coming up to his peak years, and Messi is on the way down. I dont buy that its for football purposes sorry. The French league is weak compared to the other main leagues in Europe.

People say he already earns a fortune at Barcelona but they got tens of millions off Barca for signing a new contract, and will get tens of millions in agent fees for the sale to PSG. Thats without the extra 10-15 million a year hell be getting in wages. I just wish theyd be more honest and say its about money than this bollocks about maining the star and winning the Ballon dor. Surely its better to be one of the stars for Barcelona and help regain top status from Madrid, than star player for a club in the French league.

Its like Scott Sinclair going from Man City to being the best player in Scotland.

Fair enough, I think regardless of what he does at Barca, he'll be in Messi's shadow. The team is and will be for a while, built around Messi, and for good reason. Messi could be pretty good but if they win, he's the star. That's my belief though, I'm not saying money doesn't go into it and it is only my opinion. Also, I'd arguably say PSG now have a better team than Barca...

life on mars
03-08-17, 18:11
For all is faults the premiership is the real test, you have to dominate games week in week out, I'm sure Messi and Neymer would not find it not so easy to deliver in the way they do in La Liga .

lardy
03-08-17, 18:42
For all is faults the premiership is the real test, you have to dominate games week in week out, I'm sure Messi and Neymer would not find it not so easy to deliver in the way they do in La Liga .

Harry Kane scored 29 last season. Joe Allen scored six. I'm going out on a limb to guess they'd do alright.