Rambo on the bench. He's being wasted.

splott parker
11-08-17, 19:24
He was an injury doubt, wasn't he?

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 19:27
He was an injury doubt, wasn't he?

Even if that's true, Wenger has never seemingly had enough confidence in him, seems to bring midfielders in regularly.

If Rambo want success in his domestic career, he needs to move to a club that can actually organise a defence for one thing. That, or see out his contract and move back to us on a Bosman...

Zenith
11-08-17, 19:27

He's recovering from an injury. Will only play 20 mins or so today.

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 19:28
He's recovering from an injury. Will only play 20 mins or so today.

If he's only fit enough for 20 minutes, shouldn't be on the bench.

Moving from Arsenal would probably improve his injury record too.

Nick
11-08-17, 19:39
2-2 Welbeck.

Zenith
11-08-17, 19:40
If he's only fit enough for 20 minutes, shouldn't be on the bench.

Moving from Arsenal would probably improve his injury record too.

Well I totally disagree about the first part, but there we are

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 19:49
Well I totally disagree about the first part, but there we are

If they deem him fit for 20 minutes max, then he's clearly not match fit. They lose a midfielder early, then can't risk him as a result so also hamstring themselves tactically.

Rambo and others have suffered at Arsenal, injury wise. Scuttlebutt was Wenger tended to overrule the medical team advice.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 19:50
Arsene Wenger is 68 in a couple of months. Why is he putting himself through this?

I know football is a drug to some, and he may be stubborn, but the man is ruining his legacy.

It can't be for the money he's probably got 20 years tops left on this earth, and has made enough money for him, and many future generations of his family, to live comfortably.

The crowd have turned on him and the season is only 45 minutes old!!! It's sad to watch.

Kris
11-08-17, 19:55

Completely. He can achieve so much more.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 19:57
Completely. He can achieve so much more.
He's just coming back from injury

Kris
11-08-17, 19:57
Arsene Wenger is 68 in a couple of months. Why is he putting himself through this?

I know football is a drug to some, and he may be stubborn, but the man is ruining his legacy.

It can't be for the money he's probably got 20 years tops left on this earth, and has made enough money for him, and many future generations of his family, to live comfortably.

The crowd have turned on him and the season is only 45 minutes old!!! It's sad to watch.

I'm quite happy to see him get another 2 years - part of me wants him to prove fans wrong. But, he is looking out dated isn't he?

Kris
11-08-17, 19:58
He's just coming back from injury
Oops, forgot that! Still, I think he's been there too long.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 19:58
I'm quite happy to see him get another 2 years - part of me wants him to prove fans wrong. But, he is looking out dated isn't he?

Agree, and agree. I need my medication. :hehe:

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 19:59
Oops, forgot that! Still, I think he's been there too long.
Agreed again. Oh no! :hehe:

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:00
2-3 Vardy

J R Hartley
Vardy looking very sharp this evening

Kris

Leicester bossing it at the moment. Long year ahead for them...

3-2!

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 20:01

I think Wenger reached his peak for Arsenal years ago. Got them to a certain level, can't progress from there. Defensive, you always think they'll concede, light years away from the Graham / Tony Adams days. Lack a prolific striker.

Even his attitude. Compare and contrast with Warnock at a similar age - Warnock full of beans.

Wenger is like Ferguson in Ferguson's latter days. The problems are evident, just no real clue as to how to fix them. Like Man Utd, next Arsenal manager will be on a hiding to nothing.

Kris
11-08-17, 20:01

Leicester bossing it at the moment. Long year ahead for them...

3-2!

I'm about a minute behind - watching on Sky Go.

Kris
11-08-17, 20:02
I think Wenger reached his peak for Arsenal years ago. Got them to a certain level, can't progress from there. Defensive, you always think they'll concede, light years away from the Graham / Tony Adams days. Lack a prolific striker.

Even his attitude. Compare and contrast with Warnock at a similar age - Warnock full of beans.

Wenger is like Ferguson in Ferguson's latter days. The problems are evident, just no real clue as to how to fix them. Like Man Utd, next Arsenal manager will be on a hiding to nothing.

I just think he's behind the times, dad considering the influence he had on the game in the early days.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:03

Agree with most of that but disagree on the last part.

United won the league in Fergies last season, and he achieved so much more than Wenger. Plus Fergie went on his own terms, most Arsenal fans want Wenger gone now.

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 20:10
Agree with most of that but disagree on the last part.

United won the league in Fergies last season, and he achieved so much more than Wenger. Plus Fergie went on his own terms, most Arsenal fans want Wenger gone now.

Ferguson had an aging side though - that was his major problem, hell, had to bring Scholes back. Yes, they won the title but the problems were still there. Ferguson knew that major changes had to be made in that squad, left on a high to preserve his legacy and leaving the next manager to get all the crap as a decline was inevitable.

If anything, it's almost the opposite of Ferguson's approach. Wenger has stuck in there rather than leaving.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:12
Rambo on.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:18
Ferguson had an aging side though - that was his major problem, hell, had to bring Scholes back. Yes, they won the title but the problems were still there. Ferguson knew that major changes had to be made in that squad, left on a high to preserve his legacy and leaving the next manager to get all the crap as a decline was inevitable.

If anything, it's almost the opposite of Ferguson's approach. Wenger has stuck in there rather than leaving.

I agree that Fergie knew it was time to go. Wenger, it seems doesn't. Instead of leaving on the back of yet another cup win, beating the champions against all the odds, decided to put himself through it again. Why?!?!?

That is why Wenger won't be as difficult to replace as Fergie. The fans have turned on him.

Perhaps cos his record of 20 consecutive champions league qualifications, or whatever it is, was broken he felt he couldn't leave, I don't know?

What i do know is if they don't score in the next 16 plus injury minutes he's under massive pressure again already.

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 20:26
Fergie knew it was time to go - for selfish reasons though. He left on a high to preserve his legacy. Moyes was anointed by him, put in an almost impossible situation of filling Fergie's boots, delivering success whilst completely revamping the squad. Can argue all day long as to Moyes ability as a manager, but he was left in a situation where failure was almost inevitable. Fergie leaving the way he did hurt Man United for several seasons.

Wenger should have gone several seasons ago, with a succession plan in place. Right now he's hurting Arsenal.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:26
Rambo 3-3

Crazy substitution from William Shakespeare

Zenith
11-08-17, 20:27
Ramsey!!!

Michael Morris
11-08-17, 20:28
4-3 Arsenal

Nick
11-08-17, 20:29
4-3 Giroud

Kris
Ramsey!!!

I think Arsenal will win this

J R Hartley
Fergie knew it was time to go - for selfish reasons though. He left on a high to preserve his legacy. Moyes was anointed by him, put in an almost impossible situation of filling Fergie's boots, delivering success whilst completely revamping the squad. Can argue all day long as to Moyes ability as a manager, but he was left in a situation where failure was almost inevitable. Fergie leaving the way he did hurt Man United for several seasons.

Wenger should have gone several seasons ago, with a succession plan in place. Right now he's hurting Arsenal.
I agree. Absolutely. I know Fergie had interests outside football with his horses. No secret he likes a tipple either.

Wenger maybe has nothing else to consume his life other than football?

Kris
Ohhhh there we go!

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:31
Serves that back stabbing Judas, Craig Shakespeare, right.

Taking a midfielder off for a striker away to Arsenal with 10 to go? Bonkers.

Arsenal just papering over the cracks you feel.

Zenith
You have to love the Premier League, what a game to kick it all off!

J R Hartley
Have that Piersy :hehe:

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:32
You have to love the Premier League, what a game to kick it all off!

Absolutely! I went 1-0 Arsenal in my score prediction league. Thought it would be tight early doors.

Kris
11-08-17, 20:34
Serves that back stabbing Judas, Craig Shakespeare, right.

Taking a midfielder off for a striker away to Arsenal with 10 to go? Bonkers.

Arsenal just papering over the cracks you feel.

Can't stand Shakespeare, a combination of substitution decisions turned the game around. Wenger had genuine quality in reserve though.

Ian Gibson's pencil
11-08-17, 20:34
Ramsey is world class. Wonderful first touch!

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 20:35
Arsenal do play some cracking football, no question about that. It's just their defence is just so ropey anytime the ball is near their penalty area you almost expect a goal.

Zenith
11-08-17, 20:37
I know we are all biased about Ramsey here, but he really is something else in this Arsenal side. He just somehow manages to change games, especially in big games. This has been a masterclass, he is sprinting everywhere and has been for 20 mins straight.

Michael Morris
11-08-17, 20:39
FT 4-3

Baloo
11-08-17, 20:42
I know we are all biased about Ramsey here, but he really is something else in this Arsenal side. He just somehow manages to change games, especially in big games. This has been a masterclass, he is sprinting everywhere and has been for 20 mins straight.
So much more intent once he came on. Gets in great positions and a good finisher.

MacAdder
11-08-17, 20:42

They should give him the freedom of North London, the amount of times he's dug Arsenal out.

Very naive of Leicester, had Arsenal down and blew it.
Bad play by Shakespeare :coat:

G rangetown Blue
11-08-17, 20:43
TV commentators getting in a tail spin about the Ozil 'handball' when there was a far more blatant one by the Leicester player that could easily have been a penalty.
I don't think either we're handball for what it's worth.

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 20:46
TV commentators getting in a tail spin about the Ozil 'handball' when there was a far more blatant one by the Leicester player that could easily have been a penalty.
I don't think either we're handball for what it's worth.

Ozil's was. Looked at ball, can see his arm move out towards it.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:48
Shakespeare has lost them 3 points there.

G rangetown Blue
11-08-17, 20:53
Ozil's was. Looked at ball, can see his arm move out towards it.

I thought his arm was by his side, and it would have just hit him on the hip anyway.

I'm sure Leicester fans will disagree, but not hand ball for me.

Pearcey3
Delighted for Rambo but doubtless the Arsenal fans will be on his back again soon. When he has a run of games without injury he is an outstanding player. He has two more games before Austria. Just stay fit Aaron.

Zenith
Rambo's touch is sublime by the way

Nick
11-08-17, 20:56
Delighted for Rambo but doubtless the Arsenal fans will be on his back again soon. When he has a run of games without injury he is an outstanding player. He has two more games before Austria. Just stay fit Aaron.

Piers Morgan will be gutted that he came on, scored, made a difference and was a major part in an Arsenal win.

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 20:56
I thought his arm was by his side, and it would have just hit him on the hip anyway.

I'm sure Leicester fans will disagree, but not hand ball for me.

It probably would have hit him on the hip, problem was his arm did move out, the ball then hitting it. It was hand to ball rather than ball to hand.

Missed the Leicester handball incident, but from the slo-mo replays I've seen, I've no doubt Ozil intended to control with the arm.

MacAdder
11-08-17, 20:57

^^^this
Last sentence especially

Pearcey3
Rambo's touch is sublime by the way

I have seen the goal and it was a great first touch. Let's hope he gets to play on the world stage next summer.

thehumblegringo
Shakespeare and Ramsey both changed the game tonight. Football is a great sport.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:58
Definite handball but thete was a stoppage and 2 phases of play later before they scored.

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 20:59
Shakespeare and Ramsey both changed the game tonight. Football is a great sport.
I wish all games were like that one Gringo

Pearcey3
11-08-17, 20:59
Piers Morgan will be gutted that he came on, scored, made a difference and was a major part in an Arsenal win.

Yep a classless twerp who has it in for Aaron because he refused to shake his hand. Good for Aaron. Morgan typifies the worst in Arsenal supporters with their self entitlement.

MacAdder
11-08-17, 21:02
Yep a classless twerp who has it in for Aaron because he refused to shake his hand. Good for Aaron. Morgan typifies the worst in Arsenal supporters with their self entitlement.

^^^This again :thumbup:

ccfc_is_my_life
11-08-17, 21:03
Agreed, but that's something replay could well have picked up.

Replay system being trialled in MLS ( mid-season, great idea that ) and it's been working pretty well. Game the other night, player scored. Teams going back to lineup, replay ref informed ref that they'd evidence the goal should be disallowed. Ref goes over the the video monitor, sees the replay.

Disallows goal, books "scorer" and awards free kick to defending side as the replay showed the ball had been deliberately handled before put into net.

Whole process was max of two minutes.

There was a feature on the company running the replay stuff, Howard Webb is involved. They aren't looking to review every incident, what they are looking for is evidence that can conclusively show the on field decision was wrong - which would minimise interventions. On field ref then makes the decision to overturn or not.

Baloo
11-08-17, 21:07
Have that Piersy :hehe:
Reading fan.

jeepster
11-08-17, 21:08
^^^This again :thumbup:

And again:thumbup:

J R Hartley
11-08-17, 21:08
Can't remember if I dreamt it but I'm sure I seen an MLS decision the other day where the ref went and watched a replay and made the decision himself rather than rely on an extra official?

thehumblegringo
11-08-17, 21:09
I wish all games were like that one Gringo

Me too mate. Can't wait til tomorrow's game though mate. I just wish it was December or something so it could be dark.
I think Bruce will sit off us this year and try and put the onus on us to attack.

Any manager with any sense would defend first at CCS in my opinion.

We should be lightning on the counter attack with our front 3.

thehumblegringo
11-08-17, 21:10
Can't remember if I dreamt it but I'm sure I seen an MLS decision the other day where the ref went and watched a replay and made the decision himself rather than rely on an extra official?

It was Holland mate.
Feyenoord scored but the ref cancelled the goal and gave a penalty to the opposition.

Llanedeyrnblue
11-08-17, 21:25

Knowing Arsenals past treatment of him I doubt if he is fully fit at the moment

Pearcey3
11-08-17, 21:29
Knowing Arsenals past treatment of him I doubt if he is fully fit at the moment

At least Wenger didn't start him tonight. That opening game cost Wales dear last season.

BlueArmy 86
11-08-17, 21:48
I think Ramsey is gonna have another season where he's scoring for fun. Praying he stays fit this year. Wenger said after the game he didn't start him cos last season against Liverpool first game look what happened when he wasn't fully fit. Who said Wenger doesn't favour Ramsey? He plays him at every opportunity.

Cracking game mind..

the other bob wilson
12-08-17, 05:53

To be fair, where can you go after winning the title without losing a game?

BLUETIT
12-08-17, 05:55
To be fair, where can you go after winning the title without losing a game?

Winning the title without losing or drawing a game.

Winning the title without conceding a goal :hehe:

Joe Gillis
12-08-17, 06:03
Even if that's true, Wenger has never seemingly had enough confidence in him, seems to bring midfielders in regularly.

If Rambo want success in his domestic career, he needs to move to a club that can actually organise a defence for one thing. That, or see out his contract and move back to us on a Bosman...

I disagree about Wenger, I think he plays Ramsey at every opportunity (and sometimes even when he shouldn't be playing him). Its the Arsenal fans who can't see what a gem he is, much better than the overrated Ozil in my opinion.
Agree about the defence,they've been awful for years, how Steve Bould stays in a job is beyond me.

the other bob wilson
12-08-17, 06:03
Somebody posted on here yesterday that Ramsey is a good finisher, I disagree - he's an excellent finisher for a midfield player when he is confident, but when he isn't, he can be pretty ordinary in that department. The good news for Wales is that he finally scored his first Premier League goal of the season on it's final day, then got the winner in the FA Cup Final when he was one of the best players on the pitch and finished things off by chipping in a penalty for Wales in a very hostile atmosphere in Serbia. Now, he's started this season with a goal and twenty minute cameo off the bench which was instrumental in turning the game from potential defeat into victory for Arsenal - he should be feeling as confident as he has done in years at the moment and if he and Bale are both firing in Wales' remaining games,we can still qualify.

Pearcey3
12-08-17, 09:24
Somebody posted on here yesterday that Ramsey is a good finisher, I disagree - he's an excellent finisher for a midfield player when he is confident, but when he isn't, he can be pretty ordinary in that department. The good news for Wales is that he finally scored his first Premier League goal of the season on it's final day, then got the winner in the FA Cup Final when he was one of the best players on the pitch and finished things off by chipping in a penalty for Wales in a very hostile atmosphere in Serbia. Now, he's started this season with a goal and twenty minute cameo off the bench which was instrumental in turning the game from potential defeat into victory for Arsenal - he should be feeling as confident as he has done in years at the moment and if he and Bale are both firing in Wales' remaining games,we can still qualify.

It's the hope that kills you. Vital he and Bale are fit for Austria as Allen is suspended. No more draws. We have to win the final four and that will be very tough. We could go through the entire campaign unbeaten and not even make the play offs.

PontBlue
12-08-17, 09:32
He changed the game yesterday, may have saved Wenger's job last season with the cup final winner and still Wenger will mess him about and not make him a regular starter.

Zenith
12-08-17, 09:33
He changed the game yesterday, may have saved Wenger's job last season with the cup final winner and still Wenger will mess him about and not make him a regular starter.

No he will be a regular, just not in his favoured position. It's clear Wenger likes him a lot, he just prefers Ozil to play as that central attacker.