PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow: When a nation unites in grief

Organ Morgan.
30-08-17, 18:21
Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. It remains to this day the greatest tragedy in the history of mankind.

Many public events will commemorate the day. And there will be private tributes too. Her former husband, HRH the Prince of Wales, as a mark of respect has pledged to service Camilla Parker Bowles whilst using a black condom.

How do CCMB-ers plan on remembering The People's Princess?

Llanedeyrnblue
30-08-17, 18:28
Who?

I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS
30-08-17, 18:45
Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. It remains to this day the greatest tragedy in the history of mankind.

Many public events will commemorate the day. And there will be private tributes too. Her former husband, HRH the Prince of Wales, as a mark of respect has pledged to service Camilla Parker Bowles whilst using a black condom.

remember her opening a park in Ely 20 odd years ago and when she married the FA cup
the street parties that happened

Wales-Bales
30-08-17, 18:45
Phew, for a moment I thought Zohore was off to Everton!

Sgt. Pepper
30-08-17, 19:22
remember her opening a park in Ely 20 odd years ago and when she married the FA cup
the street parties that happened

Wow. Crazy times. Cool story bro' :thumbup:

Arfur Europe
30-08-17, 19:28

:hehe:

Nick
30-08-17, 20:07

It's tragic when any young mother is taken away from her children at that early age in my opinion.

jeepster
30-08-17, 20:11
It's tragic when any young mother is taken away from her children at that early age in my opinion.

This and this only,not all the crap about a peoples princess.:thumbup:

Dr Lecter
30-08-17, 20:15

Even more so when their 'family' were responsible.

CardiffIrish2
30-08-17, 20:22
I did ( and still do ) feel
Sorry for her two boys at the time. Having to walk behind the coffin, brought out to the crowds and paraded was pretty ****ing obscene.
Ironically I had more time for the Queen after, she was right to tell people to **** off, why should she do the faux grieving that a lot of other people were doing

Taunton Blue Genie
30-08-17, 20:37
It was not without irony that the mourning public turned on the press as being responsible for her death. It may have been true, of course, but where did the demand for her media coverage come from in the first place? From the very same people who were so deep in mourning and who engaged in such idolatry.

ccfc_is_my_life
30-08-17, 20:41
It was not without irony that the mourning public turned on the press as being responsible for her death. It may have been true, of course, but where did the demand for her media coverage come from in the first place? From the very same people who were so deep in mourning and who engaged in such idolatry.

Well, getting in the same car as a pissed driver and failing to put on a seat belt didn't exactly help.

Louth
30-08-17, 20:51
The people turned on the press and the 'Royals'. A huge public relations job was put in place. Including the sons walking with Carlos.

30-08-17, 21:05

I also rode my bike :thumbup:

BlueWales
30-08-17, 21:12
A sad event but ironically being way over done by the very media who contributed to her demise.

The media know she is still capable of selling copy 20 years later which is what this is mainly about.

What I still don't get is why Charles was happy to swap the lovely Diana for Camilla the frump.

Some sort of fetish I suspect.

30-08-17, 21:22
A sad event but ironically being way over done by the very media who contributed to her demise.

The media know she is still capable of selling copy 20 years later which is what this is mainly about.

What I still don't get is why Charles was happy to swap the lovely Diana for Camilla the frump.

Some sort of fetish I suspect.

Nevermind "2 oclockers" shes way past that lol
maybe she has other talents
still I wouldn't touch it with a stolen cock lol

TH63
30-08-17, 21:22
Nick has nailed it, very sad to see a young mother who was clearly devoted to her boys lose her life. Sad also of course for the boys.
But the scenes of people wailing and crying in the streets made me feel very uncomfortable.
On the Monday after she died one otherwise sane colleague, came into work seething that he'd gone to his local garden centre had had the audacity to be playing their usual piped background manager and let us all know that he'd taken the manager to task about it.

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
30-08-17, 21:55
Nick has nailed it, very sad to see a young mother who was clearly devoted to her boys lose her life. Sad also of course for the boys.
But the scenes of people wailing and crying in the streets made me feel very uncomfortable.

Agreed. I don't remember much being asked afterwards about why many reacted in such a needy way. What was she (or any royal) giving them that they were heartbroken to lose?

Then there was Ally McCoist being a tart and going off on one, demanding all the football be postponed for the following week. Sheesh.

Rocco Siffredi
30-08-17, 21:56
Looking at the footage only twenty years ago , how Britain has become so much more multicultural with lovely muslims in their hijab mingling freely with other fellow tourists , enjoying the benefits our nation freely provides . We are truly blessed with a lovely multicultural diversity,. Allahu Akbar peeps

xsnaggle
30-08-17, 22:11
Even more so when their 'family' were responsible.

What total bollox!!!!

Sgt. Pepper
30-08-17, 22:55

Absolutely.

I'm no royalist, but despite the awfulness that they must have suffered they both seem to have turned out to be decent chaps.
I see an influence from their mother, and likely the events and circumstances that befell her. Perhaps a determined and dogged influence.

bobh
31-08-17, 06:58
I worked in London's Guildhall for a few years in the early 1980s.
One day, Diana was attending a dedication of a few ambulances on the forecourt of said building, whilst I was going back to work after lunch.
I happened to be about 5 or 6 feet from her. Never bothered before, but at that time I realised that TV and press pics didn't do her justice - she was stunning! (this was before she went too skinny with her eating disorders, of course.)
Why the hell did Chas dump her for old horse-face?

My rwo sons are approximately the same age as Will and Harry; I can't imagine how they would have felt if they had lost their mum at any age - let alone when they were so young and vulnerable as the princes were.

BLUETIT
31-08-17, 07:10
I worked in London's Guildhall for a few years in the early 1980s.
One day, Diana was attending a dedication of a few ambulances on the forecourt of said building, whilst I was going back to work after lunch.
I happened to be about 5 or 6 feet from her. Never bothered before, but at that time I realised that TV and press pics didn't do her justice - she was stunning! (this was before she went too skinny with her eating disorders, of course.)
Why the hell did Chas dump her for old horse-face?

My rwo sons are approximately the same age as Will and Harry; I can't imagine how they would have felt if they had lost their mum at any age - let alone when they were so young and vulnerable as the princes were.

Read up on "old horse-face" !

Charlie was riding her long before any other bint came on the scene.

Both families contrived to make sure Charlie and "old horse-face" never got together.

They don't (didn't) learn from their mistakes with Margaret, Anne, or Andrew. They should have all been allowed to marry who they wanted to, NOT what the "FAMILY" wanted.

William got his "commoner" and Harry will to.

LordKenwyne
31-08-17, 07:10
Looking at the footage only twenty years ago , how Britain has become so much more multicultural with lovely muslims in their hijab mingling freely with other fellow tourists , enjoying the benefits our nation freely provides . We are truly blessed with a lovely multicultural diversity,. Allahu Akbar peeps

But, but, the guardian says the UK is a horrible cesspool of hatred?

Dr Lecter
31-08-17, 07:13
What total bollox!!!!

You're right of course.

It was a complete freak accident.

No way would the establishment ever be involved in dark deeds.

bobh
31-08-17, 07:23
Read up on "old horse-face" !

Charlie was riding her long before any other bint came on the scene.

Both families contrived to make sure Charlie and "old horse-face" never got together.

They don't (didn't) learn from their mistakes with Margaret, Anne, or Andrew. They should have all been allowed to marry who they wanted to, NOT what the "FAMILY" wanted.

William got his "commoner" and Harry will to.
Very true.

And to think that the British public think that arranged marriages only happen to those pesky foreign types.

binman
31-08-17, 09:03
Tell you who'll be grieving today David Essex and Bryan Adams........

I was on a stag do on the day of her funeral - A bloke told us off for not being respectful during her funeral procession as we were being boisterous in the pub much to our bemusement. I'd like to think the lady thought more of our actions for not giving two flyers about in her in life and death than the extremely strange bunch being hysterical over a woman they never knew.

As one fella interviewed on tele at the time said he felt more grief over Diana's death than his own wife's

Never doubt the strength of personality cult with the feeble minded

the other bob wilson
31-08-17, 09:14
Probably more than any other event in my life, the reaction to Diana's death had me thinking I was completely out of step with the thinking of the Great British public. Like virtually everyone else, I was really shocked when the news first broke of her death and completely understood the tone of the way it was covered on that Sunday, but when the news coverage and reaction from the public got more and more shrill and desperate as the days went on, it almost felt like the country was having a collective nervous breakdown. I was off on pre arranged annual leave for most of that week and it was only when I got back to work that I got the, reassuring, proof that there were other people around who shared my incredulity at what was happening.

The feeling that I'm "marching to a different drum" than what constitutes mainstream public opinion in Britain has become an increasingly common one over the past twenty years, but I've never felt it so strongly as I did in those days following Diana's death.

When her brother made that speech at her funeral, the instantaneous public reaction to it from outside Westminster Abbey still makes me think that it was as close as this country has come to a revolution overthrowing the establishment in my lifetime and the strangest thing is that I believe many of those who would have been there at the front leading it are the very same people who now turn up in their Union Jack clothing for things like Trooping the Colour and Royal birthday celebrations!

CardiffIrish2
31-08-17, 10:02
I still remember walking in a local pub waiting for the football which was then cancelled. The repeat of the Royal wedding was on and the pub was quiet, till some pissed up pensioner called 'Ronnie' shouted from the back
'She was a bastard slut'
Utter carnage then ensued with Ronnie getting some flak.

A near riot took place when the DJ in the Claude later said 'the car she was driving was a ringer, front end a merc and the back end a ****ed up Princess'

I think he got away with 8 stiches and his equipment smashed up beyond repair.

Organ Morgan.
31-08-17, 10:17

Hear, hear.

Whenever I'm in Queen Street, which is once every week or two, I like to stand still for a few minutes to observe people passing back and forth, and I'm always heartened by the growing presence of headscarf wearing females and their bearded male companions. I'd like to think that in 10, maybe 20 years it'll resemble Islamabad as areas of London such as Tower Hamlets and Newham already do.

There are those amongst the indigenous population, who consist of racist neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other Brexit voters, who are uncomfortable with this transformation. They must be silenced or be rooted out, exposed and publicly humiliated.

31-08-17, 10:21
I still remember walking in a local pub waiting for the football which was then cancelled. The repeat of the Royal wedding was on and the pub was quiet, till some pissed up pensioner called 'Ronnie' shouted from the back
'She was a bastard slut'
Utter carnage then ensued with Ronnie getting some flak.

A near riot took place when the DJ in the Claude later said 'the car she was driving was a ringer, front end a merc and the back end a ****ed up Princess'

I think he got away with 8 stiches and his equipment smashed up beyond repair.

:hehe: go on Ronnie
I used to love the Claude in the 90s :thumbup:
ok it was studenty
but there was something for everyone there

BlueWales
31-08-17, 20:17
Probably more than any other event in my life, the reaction to Diana's death had me thinking I was completely out of step with the thinking of the Great British public. Like virtually everyone else, I was really shocked when the news first broke of her death and completely understood the tone of the way it was covered on that Sunday, but when the news coverage and reaction from the public got more and more shrill and desperate as the days went on, it almost felt like the country was having a collective nervous breakdown. I was off on pre arranged annual leave for most of that week and it was only when I got back to work that I got the, reassuring, proof that there were other people around who shared my incredulity at what was happening.

The feeling that I'm "marching to a different drum" than what constitutes mainstream public opinion in Britain has become an increasingly common one over the past twenty years, but I've never felt it so strongly as I did in those days following Diana's death.

When her brother made that speech at her funeral, the instantaneous public reaction to it from outside Westminster Abbey still makes me think that it was as close as this country has come to a revolution overthrowing the establishment in my lifetime and the strangest thing is that I believe many of those who would have been there at the front leading it are the very same people who now turn up in their Union Jack clothing for things like Trooping the Colour and Royal birthday celebrations!

This might sound strange but the time when I most felt as you described was the night they gave away all those ferking red scarves at the CCS. All the mugs wearing them and smiling. I had a right rant at some of them. Just like a remake of " Invasion of the Body Snatchers ". I felt alone in a crowd of thousands.

Watcliff
31-08-17, 20:18

When What Who When??

Pearcey3
31-08-17, 20:27
Absolutely.

I'm no royalist, but despite the awfulness that they must have suffered they both seem to have turned out to be decent chaps.
I see an influence from their mother, and likely the events and circumstances that befell her. Perhaps a determined and dogged influence.

I'm no royalist either but agree her boys have turned out alright. They are not as stiff and dull as their father and his side of the family.

Nick
31-08-17, 20:29
I'm no royalist either but agree her boys have turned out alright. They are not as stiff and dull as their father and his side of the family.

That's not going to please the many on here.

TH63
31-08-17, 20:31
This might sound strange but the time when I most felt as you described was the night they gave away all those ferking red scarves at the CCS. All the mugs wearing them and smiling. I had a right rant at some of them. Just like a remake of " Invasion of the Body Snatchers ". I felt alone in a crowd of thousands.

You weren't alone mate.

I arrived early for that game, and stopped outside for one last smoke. I managed to see inside the concourse, eager to see what new and interesting ways my fellow supporters would find to destroy a scarf only to see people eagerly grabbing their new scarf and wearing it with pride. I nearly turned around and went home at that point.

Fast forward to the following season and a group of boys in the canton waving Blue scarves and flags only to have some middle aged feller near me flicking them the v's and yelling at them. I told him he should be ashamed of himself and was told to feck off by his WIFE!

Watcliff
31-08-17, 20:31
She and none of the other tax dodgers alive or dead have anything to do with Wales and never ever will. Welsh and European, fek the English.

TH63
31-08-17, 20:32
That's not going to please the many on here.

Oh I dunno. I'm no royalist and the thought of jug ears on the throne with that old dog next to him makes me queasy.

William and Harry on the other hand seem normal decent people and at least we have one Royal who deserves to have medals on his uniform.

xsnaggle
31-08-17, 20:57
Oh I dunno. I'm no royalist and the thought of jug ears on the throne with that old dog next to him makes me queasy.

William and Harry on the other hand seem normal decent people and at least we have one Royal who deserves to have medals on his uniform.

3 actually, but never mind.

life on mars
31-08-17, 21:07
Well, getting in the same car as a pissed driver and failing to put on a seat belt didn't exactly help.

Pissed up, sad outcome ,no conspiracy

the other bob wilson
01-09-17, 03:22
You weren't alone mate.

I arrived early for that game, and stopped outside for one last smoke. I managed to see inside the concourse, eager to see what new and interesting ways my fellow supporters would find to destroy a scarf only to see people eagerly grabbing their new scarf and wearing it with pride. I nearly turned around and went home at that point.

Fast forward to the following season and a group of boys in the canton waving Blue scarves and flags only to have some middle aged feller near me flicking them the v's and yelling at them. I told him he should be ashamed of himself and was told to feck off by his WIFE!

Funny thing is that I've always seen that night of the red scarves as the night when things began to change.

William Treseder
02-09-17, 06:41
She and none of the other tax dodgers alive or dead have anything to do with Wales and never ever will. Welsh and European, fek the English.
Except when it comes to playing in their league ?

Louth
02-09-17, 07:14
'When a nation unites in grief'.

You certainly love OTT headlines over there.

Sgt. Pepper
02-09-17, 07:31
I love the smell of fresh whoosh in the morning.

Louth
02-09-17, 07:37
Yeah. I didnt read the post fully. You know what I mean though. Headlines in the media such as this do exist. I don't believe the people believe this shite.

Sgt. Pepper
02-09-17, 07:41
Yeah. I didnt read the post fully. You know what I mean though. Headlines in the media such as this do exist. I don't believe the people believe this shite.

Indeed. :thumbup:
Unfortunately think it's fairly clear that some do go along with that kind of thing - willingly.

Wales-Bales
02-09-17, 07:50
Pissed up, sad outcome ,no conspiracy
He was certainly pissed I remember lot's of videos showing his every move.

Jimmy the Jock
02-09-17, 09:18

I was a there too brother .

Jimmy the Jock
02-09-17, 09:27

I do think the people who line the streets with union jacks are a different breed . Not a great deal going on in their lives so they can take time out to get up to London and celebrate or commiserate some occasion happening in a family that are held on a pedestal because , well because they are . Agreed there was a feeling they were about to find a voice when Diana died .
I don't understand the need for a royal family myself but that's for another thread .