View Full Version : More people being offended.

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 08:57
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-romelu-lukaku-song-lyrics-11198902

Would it be offensive if he was white? :sherlock:

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 08:59
Nothing like getting on the booze, having a laugh with your mates, singing about the size of a man's penis

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 09:10
Nothing like getting on the booze, having a laugh with your mates, singing about the size of a man's penis

Racist.

Reported.

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 09:19
Tbh the song is hilarious but I suppose they're saying any stereotype is bad. The statement by the Man United supporters club guy was pretty good I thought.

Feedback
19-09-17, 09:20

hitler, has only got one ball
the other is in the albert hall
etc etc...

Organ Morgan.
19-09-17, 10:22
David Brent of The Office fame got into trouble in one episode for a black nob length joke. He conceded it was a stereotype but a positive one, therefore harmless and acceptable. That Man Utd song is similar. So many of those who are fond of throwing the R word around either cannot or will not judge remarks in context.

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 10:29
Tbh the song is hilarious but I suppose they're saying any stereotype is bad. The statement by the Man United supporters club guy was pretty good I thought.

Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

If I was a black man and it was assumed that I had a massive nob then I'd say that's pretty good.

Culver Blue
19-09-17, 10:35
Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

If I was a black man and it was assumed that I had a massive nob then I'd say that's pretty good.

Would love to see Lukaku come out and say 'I like my song, don't find it offensive at all'.

Then all these ****s can get back in their box.

Rjk
19-09-17, 10:39
It dates from a time when black people were commonly portrayed as being more bestial or animalistic than white people, and it often goes hand in hand with other negative stereotypes like aggression or intelligence.
There were (probably entirely unintentional) undertones of this in the summer with the Lukaku Vs Morata debate, with Lukaku being described as powerful and Morata as intelligent.

In a lot of cases black men probably don't mind this particular stereotype, but it originated from justification to treat black people as second class citizens.

MacAdder
19-09-17, 10:41
Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

Doesn't work all the time tho.

Some cars won't get into many garages.
(mine's a 4x4 by the way...not a euphemism!)

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 10:50
David Brent of The Office fame got into trouble in one episode for a black nob length joke. He conceded it was a stereotype but a positive one, therefore harmless and acceptable. That Man Utd song is similar. So many of those who are fond of throwing the R word around either cannot or will not judge remarks in context.

I mean the whole point of that scene was that Brent was in the wrong, "it's a compliment if anything".

I think the issue is the song is embedded in Lukaku's race and they are saying why does it have to come back to that? It doesn't matter if it is a positive stereotype.

I don't find it offensive but I suppose I'm not in a position to judge that being a white man with a 26 inch cock.

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 10:51
Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

I think they are saying any stereotype is bad because it is needlessly related to his race.

The point is you are not black so could feel a lot different about the whole thing.

Pedro de la Rosa
19-09-17, 10:54
It dates from a time when black people were commonly portrayed as being more bestial or animalistic than white people, and it often goes hand in hand with other negative stereotypes like aggression or intelligence.
There were (probably entirely unintentional) undertones of this in the summer with the Lukaku Vs Morata debate, with Lukaku being described as powerful and Morata as intelligent.

In a lot of cases black men probably don't mind this particular stereotype, but it originated from justification to treat black people as second class citizens.

Davinson Sanchez was recently described as a "destroyer" to compliment the technical ability of Toby Alderweireld, Vertongen and Dier.

It goes onto say, he's not actually made a tackle in his first two games but why let facts ruin some good, clean racism?

http://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/destroyer-davinson-sanchez-offers-spurs-new-dimension-defence/

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 10:56
Davinson Sanchez was recently described as a "destroyer" to compliment the technical ability of Toby Alderweireld, Vertongen and Dier.

It goes onto say, he's not actually made a tackle in his first two games but why let facts ruin some good, clean racism?

http://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/destroyer-davinson-sanchez-offers-spurs-new-dimension-defence/

What about "destroyer" is racist.

Same way ugly british centre halfs have always been described similarly.

Laughable

white people looking to be offended for black people is big business nowadays

and dier is average, not ball winning. Vertongen is a attacking CB. Alderweireld as well.

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 11:02

Laughable

It was only about 2 world cups ago commentators were calling the defence of any African team "niave" but the destroyer point does seem to be reaching quite a lot.

I don't think white people are looking to be offended for black people but I think we are just seeing more people who have had enough of racism that's been increasing with the rise of far right, populist politicians.

Pedro de la Rosa
19-09-17, 11:07

Laughable

and dier is average, not ball winning. Vertongen is a attacking CB. Alderweireld as well.

They've assumed he's a destroyer because he's black. They later say he's not made a tackle. Now, I don't know of many "destroyers" that don't tackle.

Blue in the Face
19-09-17, 11:10
Would love to see Lukaku come out and say 'I like my song, don't find it offensive at all'.

Then all these ****s can get back in their box.

Then he proves all the racists wrong by whipping out the tiniest wang at the press conference

Then he drops the mic

Then he immediately retires from football

Then he breaks away from society

Then he begins a lifelong search for Atlantis in his 24 metre submarine

Then he finds Atlantis and he doesn't tell anybody

Then he transcends space and time and lives for ever in the unified field

Then he

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 11:11
They've assumed he's a destroyer because he's black. They later say he's not made a tackle. Now, I don't know of many "destroyers" that don't tackle.

Clearances?.

A no nonsense defender?.

What about the word "destroyer" is racist?. Are black people known for being destroyers?.

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 11:14
It was only about 2 world cups ago commentators were calling the defence of any African team "niave" but the destroyer point does seem to be reaching quite a lot.

I don't think white people are looking to be offended for black people but I think we are just seeing more people who have had enough of racism that's been increasing with the rise of far right, populist politicians.

What is wrong with calling crap defences naive?. I watched the african cup of nations a few years ago and it was the definition of naive. No defending, with centre backs powering through the middle. Little organisation.

The world is a far less racist place than in the past.

Things like the adebayor song were bad, a writer trying to be descriptive? No chance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1059494-top-15-midfield-destroyers-in-european-football

Pedro de la Rosa
19-09-17, 11:17
Clearances?.

A no nonsense defender?.

What about the word "destroyer" is racist?. Are black people known for being destroyers?.

If you actually watch him play, he's nothing of the sort. He's played for Ajax for crying out loud. They're assuming, based on the colour of his skin, that's he's an uncompromising defender, whereas Vertongen etc is a cultured individual.

I usually think people look too much into this, but this one is pretty cut and dried.

Also, and here's a thought, instead of singing about the size of Lukaku's knob, how about sing about the fact he's scored 7 in 7.

And finally, we aren't allowed to decide what is racist and what isn't or what people take offence to. If Kick it out say it is racist, then it probably is. I don't remember any songs about a white player's cock.

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 11:20
Who called him a destroyer anyway?.

Rjk
19-09-17, 11:21

Laughable

It's part of a bigger picture, black players are very often talked about in terms of their physicality rather than intelligence, guile or elan, whereas the same disparity doesn't exist for white players.

Also think back to when Naby Keita looked likely to join Liverpool in the summer, a bunch of journalists scrabbling around for a comparison went for variously "the next Ngolo Kanye" or occasionally "the next Yaya Toure" , neither player being a particularly good match for the type of player Keita is. A white player who was a better match was never suggested.
That's not to say that the journalists involved were any more racist than anyone else in the country, but that all of us probably still carry some hangups from less enlightened times. We too readily consider black and white people to be stereotypically different, and the songs about Lukakus member perpetuate that.

I don't find it particularly offensive personally, but I can see where people are coming from

Pedro de la Rosa
19-09-17, 11:23
It's part of a bigger picture, black players are very often talked about in terms of their physicality rather than intelligence, guile or elan, whereas the same disparity doesn't exist for white players.

Also think back to when Naby Keita looked likely to join Liverpool in the summer, a bunch of journalists scrabbling around for a comparison went for variously "the next Ngolo Kanye" or occasionally "the next Yaya Toure" , neither player being a particularly good match for the type of player Keita is. A white player who was a better match was never suggested.
That's not to say that the journalists involved were any more racist than anyone else in the country, but that all of us probably still carry some hangups from less enlightened times. We too readily consider black and white people to be stereotypically different, and the songs about Lukakus member perpetuate that.

I don't find it particularly offensive personally, but I can see where people are coming from

Hey, we agree on something! And you put it into words a lot better than I can.

LK, Sanchez was called a destroyer in the link I posted.

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 11:23
If you actually watch him play, he's nothing of the sort. He's played for Ajax for crying out loud. They're assuming, based on the colour of his skin, that's he's an uncompromising defender, whereas Vertongen etc is a cultured individual.

I usually think people look too much into this, but this one is pretty cut and dried.

Also, and here's a thought, instead of singing about the size of Lukaku's knob, how about sing about the fact he's scored 7 in 7.

And finally, we aren't allowed to decide what is racist and what isn't or what people take offence to. If Kick it out say it is racist, then it probably is. I don't remember any songs about a white player's cock.

You seem to think I am defending the lukaku song.

This destroyer thing is where I take issue. A common term to describe players like any football cliche.

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 11:25
What is wrong with calling crap defences naive?. I watched the african cup of nations a few years ago and it was the definition of naive. No defending, with centre backs powering through the middle. Little organisation.

The world is a far less racist place than in the past.

Things like the adebayor song were bad, a writer trying to be descriptive? No chance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1059494-top-15-midfield-destroyers-in-european-football

Because very often they weren't niave, some of the best defenders of the last 20 years have been African. It wouldn't be so bad it they'd ever called a different country it either but it was definitely only ever used for African defences, it was basically a "meme".

The world being far less racist than in the past is no reason to stop caring about racism though, when black students were first allowed into schools in the US the majority of people said they should just ignore the abuse and asaults bacause they'd already come far enough by being allowed into schools.

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 11:27
With a greater focus on defending, Pochettino needed a defender in the more literal sense, having relied previously on the technical talents of Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld and Eric Dier. Sanchez appears to be that destroyer, and the early signs suggest he is happy to do the dirty work.

The 21-year-old has not made a tackle in his two games, according to the Opta stats at least, but as Sir Alex Ferguson found out with Jaap Stam, it is dangerous to read too much into a defender’s tackling numbers.

This is clearly a crap writer clutching at straws for an article but racist? Not for me.

Look for the definitions of stereotyping and racism.

This is stereotyping, not:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Because people have thrown around the term so much you've forgotten the actual meaning.

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 11:28
The world being far less racist than in the past is no reason to stop caring about racism though, when black students were first allowed into schools in the US the majority of people said they should just ignore the abuse and asaults bacause they'd already come far enough by being allowed into schools.

Yes I agree and this isn't racism.

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 11:30
Yes I agree and this isn't racism.
The lukaku song? The kick it out guys think it is. The song is based on a racial stereotype, while it doesn't bother me I can see why they would have issue with it, how many songs are their about white players related to their race?

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 11:31
The lukaku song? The kick it out guys think it is. The song is based on a racial stereotype, while it doesn't bother me I can see why they would have issue with it, how many songs are their about white players related to their race?

I am talking about the destroyer comment not lukaku.

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 11:37
I am talking about the destroyer comment not lukaku.

Yeah I think it is a bit of a reach but can see why they'd reach that conclusion because there are instances of it happening.

Feedback
19-09-17, 11:40

perhaps they thought he was a type 45

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 11:44
Yeah I think it is a bit of a reach but can see why they'd reach that conclusion because there are instances of it happening.

The adebyaor was the worst I've seen for inaction. I couldn't believe how few complaints were made about it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8434403/Emmanuel-Adebayor-chant-is-not-racist-say-Tottenham.html

Feedback
19-09-17, 11:47
The adebyaor was the worst I've seen for inaction. I couldn't believe how few complaints were made about it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8434403/Emmanuel-Adebayor-chant-is-not-racist-say-Tottenham.html

i'm going to put my neck out here and say 'the mothers a whore' is far more insulting than 'your dad washes elephants'. how the feck is that racist? its no different from suggesting Swansea city fans' parents are brother and sister.

Steve R
19-09-17, 11:48
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-romelu-lukaku-song-lyrics-11198902

'Scoring all the goals'

OMG, they can't say that!

What are they trying to say? That he scores goals just because he's black? Just because he can run faster than whites because he's black.

Offensive and discriminatory. Lock the racist bastards up.

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 11:50
i'm going to put my neck out here and say 'the mothers a whore' is far more insulting than 'your dad washes elephants'. how the feck is that racist? its no different from suggesting Swansea city fans' parents are brother and sister.

You don't think saying an African guys' job is Elephant Washer is even slightly racist?

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 11:54

Have they though?

Maybe they've made that assumption on what they've seen or heard of him? Or maybe because he looks like enforcer type? (Apologies if I've made a racist assumption there)

If what you're saying is true then all new black players will be labelled in this way won't they?

I haven't heard the assumption made about Mohammed Salah, Lacazette, Rudiger, Bernardo Silva, Mendy, Tammy Abraham etc.

Getting back to the original point, some fans have made a song about their new hero. It's a bit cheeky, they're trying to be funny but once again, people are expected to refrain because somebody somewhere has deemed it offensive - not Lukaku mind you, just someone being offended on his behalf.

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 11:58
You don't think saying an African guys' job is Elephant Washer is even slightly racist?

Not as racist as saying Welsh people shag sheep.

Croesy Blue
Have they though?

Maybe they've made that assumption on what they've seen or heard of him? Or maybe because he looks like enforcer type? (Apologies if I've made a racist assumption there)

If what you're saying is true then all new black players will be labelled in this way won't they?

I haven't heard the assumption made about Mohammed Salah, Lacazette, Rudiger, Bernardo Silva, Mendy, Tammy Abraham etc.

Getting back to the original point, some fans have made a song about their new hero. It's a bit cheeky, they're trying to be funny but once again, people are expected to refrain because somebody somewhere has deemed it offensive - not Lukaku mind you, just someone being offended on his behalf.
And you've deemed it unoffensive on his behalf.

To me it does seem pretty harmless but surely you can see their point that it's another song about a black player based on a black stereotype which doesn't happen to white players. Kick it out are trying to make it an even environment for all players and must think this undermines that point.

Just because it isn't offensive or you don't find it offensive doesn't mean they don't have a point, the guy in charge of the Man United supporters club even backed Kick it out up on the issue.

Dr Lecter
'Scoring all the goals'

OMG, they can't say that!

What are they trying to say? That he scores goals just because he's black? Just because he can run faster than whites because he's black.

Offensive and discriminatory. Lock the racist bastards up.

They'll be labelling him a destroyer next.

Croesy Blue

What's your point?

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 12:05
What's your point?

How many people/clubshave been reprimanded for using the sheep insult towards us?

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 12:06
How many people/clubshave been reprimanded for using the sheep insult towards us?

Wasn't a bolton fan arrested after someone reported him for saying it 2 seasons ago?

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 12:10
And you've deemed it unoffensive on his behalf.

To me it does seem pretty harmless but surely you can see their point that it's another song about a black player based on a black stereotype which doesn't happen to white players. Kick it out are trying to make it an even environment for all players and must think this undermines that point.

Just because it isn't offensive or you don't find it offensive doesn't mean they don't have a point, the guy in charge of the Man United supporters club even backed Kick it out up on the issue.

I'm not deeming it unoffensive on his behalf though am I?

I'm simply stating my personal opinion. I'm not stating is as fact, whereas the people gettting offended on Lukak's behalf are assuming he's offended by it. As far as I know, Lukaku hasn't complained or even commented on it (which he could easily do, as Morata did last week) so perhaps we should take into account the feelings of the only person that matters here (i.e. lukaku).

Just because somebody gets offended by something doesn't mean that their viewpoint is the only one.

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 12:11
Wasn't a bolton fan arrested after someone reported him for saying it 2 seasons ago?

So (maybe) one incident?

Point proven.

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 12:14
I'm not deeming it unoffensive on his behalf though am I?

I'm simply stating my personal opinion. I'm not stating is as fact, whereas the people gettting offended on Lukak's behalf are assuming he's offended by it. As far as I know, Lukaku hasn't complained or even commented on it (which he could easily do, as Morata did last week) so perhaps we should take into account the feelings of the only person that matters here (i.e. lukaku).

Just because somebody gets offended by something doesn't mean that their viewpoint is the only one.
Is it just Lukaku's opinion that matters though? Surely this sort of thing is bigger than that?

Again how many songs are their about white stereotypes in football? Even if it isn't offensive as such surely you can see the point of Kick it out that they believe that songs that are based on someones race are holding back the progression of equality in sport?

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 12:16
Is it just Lukaku's opinion that matters though? Surely this sort of thing is bigger than that?

Again how many songs are their about white stereotypes in football? Even if it isn't offensive as such surely you can see the point of Kick it out that they believe that songs that are based on someones race are holding back the progression of equality in sport?

Absolutely.

Which is why making an issue of this makes a mockery of dealing with the real racism that still exists.

Do you think the Man U fans who sing this are being racist, offensive or insulting to Lukaku?

Deal with the real issues and see this for what it is.

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 12:18

Just out of interest, how many songs are there about black stereotypes in football being sung today?

Croesy Blue
19-09-17, 12:29
Just out of interest, how many songs are there about black stereotypes in football being sung today?

Adebeyor
Sol Campbell
Lukaku
Ian Wright
Evra

Are all still sung today, I can't say I know the exhaustive list like. Football fans are generally good these terms in terms of racism and homophobia but it doesn't mean it's ok though.

Steve R
19-09-17, 12:33

Two wongs don't make a right.

Rjk
19-09-17, 12:46
I think people struggle to see this as racist because they see racism as being intentionally unkind or derogatory.
With the Lukaku chant, many people see that as a compliment, so they don't see that as being racist and they certainly wouldn't consider themselves as racist. These are nice people, who just happen to have lived their entire lives within a culture where it is the norm to portray black people as animalistic powerful and Brutish and white people as intelligent and civilized.
It is tings like this that probably contribute to the ridiculously small numbers of black managers in the game.

The Bloop
19-09-17, 12:56
Are we not allowed to sing about Nathan Blake anymore? Not because he's black but because we might offend any non-black robbers of fruit machines?

Steve R
19-09-17, 13:12
Are we not allowed to sing about Nathan Blake anymore? Not because he's black but because we might offend any non-black robbers of fruit machines?

Or even generous robbers of fruit machines. :shrug:

LordKenwyne
19-09-17, 13:14
I think people struggle to see this as racist because they see racism as being intentionally unkind or derogatory.
With the Lukaku chant, many people see that as a compliment, so they don't see that as being racist and they certainly wouldn't consider themselves as racist. These are nice people, who just happen to have lived their entire lives within a culture where it is the norm to portray black people as animalistic powerful and Brutish and white people as intelligent and civilized.
It is tings like this that probably contribute to the ridiculously small numbers of black managers in the game.

That rapidly has changed/is changing.

Look at the music scene kids grow up listening to now

"British and white people as intelligent and civilized"

I would ask how white British people have been portrayed in the media over the past year.

Working class people being abused continously over the brexit vote.

The ST Georges flag abused so much it can't even be flown without cries of nationalism

It is a fact abuse of any kind aimed at black or non whites has a separate set of rules to the rest. It is taken far more seriously

lardy
19-09-17, 13:23

If this is deliberate, I'm tipping my hat to you.

lardy
19-09-17, 13:32
Any stereotype is bad?

How so?

If you're a black guy with an average size but shag a girl who's expecting a whopper and goes round telling everyone "oh my god he's tiny" then you might not like the stereotype so much.

Steve R
19-09-17, 13:33
A guy is walking past a driveway and sees a Jamaican putting up a sign that reads "Boat for sale." The man looks but all he can see is a car and a caravan so he says to the Jamaican, 'On that sign it says Boat for Sale' but all I can see is a car and a caravan?'
The Jamaican replies, 'Yes, and dey boat for sale!'
:getscoat:

Charlie
19-09-17, 13:36
He may be hung like a baby carrot and this song gives him a confidence boost on the pitch.
Kick it out could ruin his career..

TH63
19-09-17, 13:58
He may be hung like a baby carrot and this song gives him a confidence boost on the pitch.
Kick it out could ruin his career..

On the other hand, the Stick it out campaign will be happy with this

Mrs Steve R
19-09-17, 14:02
Thought I'd throw this in to the mix, is cotton racist?

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21764855_1793365190690960_5931760031530819477_n.jp g?oh=64537a8f0b391827284cfa8e82dcd117&oe=5A40CB24

I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS
19-09-17, 14:03

i really do not see what is so offensive
and the fact its chanted to a stone roses tune makes it a classic even if it is man utd lol

19-09-17, 14:07

aww facking ell what kind of Richard head would report someone for that ?
so in that respect 1000s of us could be arrested for our little English dittys
madness just madness brother

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 14:11
Adebeyor
Sol Campbell
Lukaku
Ian Wright
Evra

Are all still sung today, I can't say I know the exhaustive list like. Football fans are generally good these terms in terms of racism and homophobia but it doesn't mean it's ok though.

I thought the sol Campbell and Ian wright chants were related to homosexuality, rather than the colour of their skin?

The Lukaku one isn't racist (in my opinion)

The evra one was only sung by scousers who accused him of lying re: the Suarez incident.

So that just leaves Adebayor?

Hardly an epidemic is it?

19-09-17, 14:12
With a greater focus on defending, Pochettino needed a defender in the more literal sense, having relied previously on the technical talents of Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld and Eric Dier. Sanchez appears to be that destroyer, and the early signs suggest he is happy to do the dirty work.

The 21-year-old has not made a tackle in his two games, according to the Opta stats at least, but as Sir Alex Ferguson found out with Jaap Stam, it is dangerous to read too much into a defender’s tackling numbers.

This is clearly a crap writer clutching at straws for an article but racist? Not for me.

Look for the definitions of stereotyping and racism.

This is stereotyping, not:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Because people have thrown around the term so much you've forgotten the actual meaning.

common sense at last :thumbup:

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 14:12
If this is deliberate, I'm tipping my hat to you.

:hehe:

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 14:13
If you're a black guy with an average size but shag a girl who's expecting a whopper and goes round telling everyone "oh my god he's tiny" then you might not like the stereotype so much.

But if I'm black then I'll have a whopper anyway.

And even if I've only got a tiny white man willy then my reputation will have got me my fair share of fanny.

It's a win win.

Feedback
19-09-17, 14:20

No

Colonel Cærdiffi
19-09-17, 14:23
No
^THIS

When I picture an Elephant washer, I am thinking of an Indian midget with a long broom.

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 14:26
^THIS

When I picture an Elephant washer, I am thinking of an Indian midget with a long broom.

What if it's an African elephant though?

Charlie
19-09-17, 14:54

Fekin lil injun imigants steeelin jobbs.

Blue in the Face
19-09-17, 15:46

Lukaku is from Belgium you racist

Feedback
19-09-17, 16:47
It's a long broom

James fox
19-09-17, 16:56
I don't find it offensive but I suppose I'm not in a position to judge that being a white man who is a cock.

Very True.
Not a touch of Irony in sight.
Well Done.

surge
19-09-17, 17:06

Morata has better movement in between the lines to find space whereas lukaku's game is more about a physical presence. It doesn't have to have racist undertones and using one characteristic to say this is what a player is is lazy football analysis rather than discriminatory.

Blue in the Face
19-09-17, 17:23
Thought I'd throw this in to the mix, is cotton racist?

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21764855_1793365190690960_5931760031530819477_n.jp g?oh=64537a8f0b391827284cfa8e82dcd117&oe=5A40CB24

Lolz. How low can I.Q. and virtue signalling get?

Some people need to be wrapped in cotton wool.

Then chucked in a gulag.

Mrs Steve R
19-09-17, 18:08
Lolz. How low can I.Q. and virtue signalling get?

Some people need to be wrapped in cotton wool.

Then chucked in a gulag.
:yikes:

Organ Morgan.
19-09-17, 18:43
What gets me about our resident (particularly BlueWales & Croesy Blue) racism bores is their breathtaking double standards. Whenever they perceive that someone non-white and/or non-Christian has been slighted they're very quick off the mark with the R word. I'm unsure whether they believe it's impossible for white people to be victims of racism, or they do know and they simply don't care. Whichever if it is their abject hypocrisy ensures they never rush to be offended on behalf of them.

Charlie
19-09-17, 19:26
The utter bastards..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lancashire-based footwear company accused of making 'swastika soles'<a href="https://t.co/fTtExNJixl">https://t.co/fTtExNJixl</a> <a href="https://t.co/icuaGOekgw">pic.twitter.com/icuaGOekgw</a></p>&mdash; Lancashire Post (@leponline) <a href="https://twitter.com/leponline/status/910201984027836416">September 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I genuinely thought this was a spoof site at first.
I'm still not 100% sure...

Blue in the Face
19-09-17, 19:35
:yikes:

Very telling that in that moron's post they make the statement "a little sensitivity goes a long way". But perhaps a long way in the wrong direction?

Jewish stand-up comedian Lenny Bruce seemed to think so. Here's him making the point via Dustin Hoffman's portrayal in the brilliant film "Lenny", directed by Bob Fosse. I'm showing for the movie because I think it's executed even better than the original moment. Don't think this film could be made in this era.

WARNING: Not for the easily triggered / offended (on other people's behalf) types. Contains "offensive" language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOnkv76rNL4&has_verified=1

Rjk
19-09-17, 19:57
Morata has better movement in between the lines to find space whereas lukaku's game is more about a physical presence. It doesn't have to have racist undertones and using one characteristic to say this is what a player is is lazy football analysis rather than discriminatory.

How about "Lukaku is not intelligent enough to play for Chelsea". As a prominent former player rather clumsily put it recently

AlwaysAway2
19-09-17, 20:00
It's a mildly funny chant.
if they outlaw it the fans will just come up with another one probably worse.

It's mindless fans having a laugh and should be seen as such.

He's got a big C@@@
He's got a big C@@@
Roma Luka
He's got a big C@@@

It will probably be sung all over the country this weekend.

Ainsley Harriott
19-09-17, 20:55
Prominent racist and all-round scumbag Stephen K Amos talking here about black stereotypes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enD0ORFBLhg

Lock him up I say.

Whisperer
19-09-17, 21:03
I suppose Kick it out would deem ''He's got a pineapple on his head'' which we used to sing to Richard Langley Racist these days.
no wonder the F@cking stadiums half empty...and where were Kick it Out when Tan was claiming racist slurs from M&M.

MacAdder
19-09-17, 21:07
I suppose Kick it out would deem ''He's got a pineapple on his head'' which we used to sing to Richard Langley Racist these days.
no wonder the F@cking stadiums half empty...and where were Kick it Out when Tan was claiming racist slurs from M&M.

Jason Lee wasn't it?

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 22:42
Jason Lee wasn't it?

No idea.

They all look the same to me.

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 22:44
The utter bastards..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lancashire-based footwear company accused of making 'swastika soles'<a href="https://t.co/fTtExNJixl">https://t.co/fTtExNJixl</a> <a href="https://t.co/icuaGOekgw">pic.twitter.com/icuaGOekgw</a></p>— Lancashire Post (@leponline) <a href="https://twitter.com/leponline/status/910201984027836416">September 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I genuinely thought this was a spoof site at first.
I'm still not 100% sure...

Looks a bit like Croesy.

He wears Nazi slippers too.

Mrs Steve R
19-09-17, 22:51

Looks a bit like Croesy.

:yikes: :hehe:

Dr Lecter
19-09-17, 22:57
:yikes: :hehe:

''Tis true.

He keeps them by his open fire.

19-09-17, 23:45
No idea.

They all look the same to me.

facking "haircutist" lmao

19-09-17, 23:46
Jason Lee wasn't it?

I thought it was Jason Lee too din he play for the scabs

Croesy Blue
20-09-17, 07:52
What gets me about our resident (particularly BlueWales & Croesy Blue) racism bores is their breathtaking double standards. Whenever they perceive that someone non-white and/or non-Christian has been slighted they're very quick off the mark with the R word. I'm unsure whether they believe it's impossible for white people to be victims of racism, or they do know and they simply don't care. Whichever if it is their abject hypocrisy ensures they never rush to be offended on behalf of them.

Firstly I said I didn't see the issue with this song but I could see where kick it out was coming from.

Secondly of course you can be racist towards a whole person it's just in the western world it's non as prevalent.

The bigger issue for white people especially in the uk is the demonisation of the working class, and any one who dares to be on benefits, by the media.

Feedback
20-09-17, 08:42
Eddie May's barmy army
he's got a 12" long salami
Ricky Wright is a late starter
he's only got a chipolata

I seem to remember that little ditty around 92/93.

Firstly, this dispels the myth football fans have never sung about someone's knob. secondly, is this really racist?

Organ Morgan.
20-09-17, 09:20
Firstly I said I didn't see the issue with this song but I could see where kick it out was coming from.

Secondly of course you can be racist towards a whole person it's just in the western world it's non as prevalent.

The bigger issue for white people especially in the uk is the demonisation of the working class, and any one who dares to be on benefits, by the media.

Kick It Out is deaf, dumb and blind to, for example, chants re England being full of you know what and sheep stuff as it doesn't suit their agenda. Swap England for any Third World country and they would be up in arms, as would you.

I concur with your other remarks. That propaganda has worked a treat.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
20-09-17, 12:13
City fans sing a similar son for Bruno Manga. Can't remember the words, heard at Wolves recently though.
spedger

TH63
20-09-17, 12:24
Kick It Out is deaf, dumb and blind to, for example, chants re England being full of you know what and sheep stuff as it doesn't suit their agenda. Swap England for any Third World country and they would be up in arms, as would you.

But is "English" a race?

TH63
20-09-17, 12:25

Looks a bit like Croesy.

I can't see what could possibly go wrong here

Croesy Blue
20-09-17, 12:30
I can't see what could possibly go wrong here
You could Nazi what could go wrong?

PontBlue
20-09-17, 15:00
Having only seen the headline until now my first thought was it was a Lukaku version of the Bruno Manga song some of our fans sing.

Organ Morgan.
20-09-17, 16:55
But is "English" a race?

Yes, according to the law. Ever since 1998, in fact, when the Crime and Disorder Act appeared on the statute book. Same for Scotland, Ireland and Wales. It was responsible for a Hearts fan being convicted of a racially aggravated public order offence for describing Celtic player Craig Bellamy as "a wee Welsh bastard."

Colonel Cærdiffi
20-09-17, 17:16
Yes, according to the law. Ever since 1998, in fact, when the Crime and Disorder Act appeared on the statute book. Same for Scotland, Ireland and Wales. It was responsible for a Hearts fan being convicted of a racially aggravated public order offence for describing Celtic player Craig Bellamy as "a wee Welsh bastard."
It comes to something when you can be charged and convicted for simply accurately describing someone.

welshwarrior
20-09-17, 20:28

It's actually spelled NAIVE

Nick
20-09-17, 20:30
He’s as dull as ditchwater that one.

Dr Lecter
20-09-17, 21:26
He’s as dull as ditchwater that one.

Did you get those slippers I sent you?

BlueWales
20-09-17, 21:46
I don't remember all this fuss when West Ham fans used to sing :

" Danny Gabbidon with a big hard on .... " changing times I suppose.

BlueWales
20-09-17, 21:54

Would you like to explain why being anti - racist is " boring " ?

Being racist which I assume you are judging by this post is actually illegal
so sooner or later you'll do something to get yourself in trouble big mouth.

I don't even post on here very much these days anyway because it's a waste
of time with Flintstones like you.

Taunton Blue Genie
20-09-17, 21:59

Let's be honest...the Welsh are not really discriminated against.

Colonel Cærdiffi
20-09-17, 22:07
Let's be honest...the Welsh are not really discriminated against.

Just the 1000 years of oppression we're still recovering from.

J R Hartley
20-09-17, 22:08
I don't even post on here very much these days anyway

Thank fvck for that

Dr Lecter
20-09-17, 22:15
Just the 1000 years of oppression we're still recovering from.

Could be worse.

We could be English.

Or Hartley's mirror.

lardy
26-09-17, 14:25
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/sep/26/david-squires-on-fans-bravely-persisting-with-their-romelu-lukaku-song

WJ99mobile
26-09-17, 16:05

Looks a bit like Croesy.

WJ99mobile
26-09-17, 16:10
I suppose the HRK wales chant is racist then?

Hal Robson Kanu
Hal Robson Kanuuuu
As welsh as a Zebra
But **** it he’ll do

Croesy Blue
26-09-17, 17:17
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/sep/26/david-squires-on-fans-bravely-persisting-with-their-romelu-lukaku-song

Squires is great, his book from last year is well worth a read.

Croesy Blue
26-09-17, 17:17
I suppose the HRK wales chant is racist then?

Hal Robson Kanu
Hal Robson Kanuuuu
As welsh as a Zebra
But **** it he’ll do

What's racist about it?

jon1959
26-09-17, 17:49

'smoother than Neil Warnock's thighs' :hehe: