PDA

View Full Version : Lidl Perlenbacher Pils

Wales-Bales
21-09-17, 13:37
4.9% - 500ml - brewed in France - 89p

Any opinions?

BlueArmy 86
21-09-17, 13:41
I liked them at first but went off them. And realised it doesn't cost much more for the same amount of Carling in the offy..

tomm
21-09-17, 13:42
I liked them at first but went off them. And realised it doesn't cost much more for the same amount of Carling in the offy..

You know piss is free right?
:hehe:

WJ99mobile
21-09-17, 13:48
They're alright. Their ales aren't too bad either

The Bloop
21-09-17, 13:50
Had it a couple of times in the summer and found it pretty tasteless when drunk from the bottle like most lagers. Only marginally better when drunk from a glass.
I'd rather be teetotal than drink Carling

itkman
21-09-17, 13:55

Any opinions?

Despite the German label announcing: “Gebraut nach dem Deutschen Reinheitsgebot,” this is produced in France and is so dull and sweet, so lacking in a pilsner’s trademark dry hoppiness, that you could easily mistake it for a mainstream US beer. You get a little dusty bitterness at the end but, fundamentally, this is all about sickly candied malt. It will get you drunk, but beyond that …

1/10

Taunton Blue Genie
21-09-17, 14:21
Despite the German label announcing: “Gebraut nach dem Deutschen Reinheitsgebot,” this is produced in France and is so dull and sweet, so lacking in a pilsner’s trademark dry hoppiness, that you could easily mistake it for a mainstream US beer. You get a little dusty bitterness at the end but, fundamentally, this is all about sickly candied malt. It will get you drunk, but beyond that …

1/10

'Ark at 'er!

Steve R
21-09-17, 14:56

1/10

Just buy yeast and water and sugar and malted barley and make your own fecking beer.

itkman
21-09-17, 14:59
Just buy yeast and water and sugar and malted barley and make your own fecking beer.

:hehe:

Wales-Bales
21-09-17, 18:37
Thanks for the advice, I've just ordered 10 cases of Carling :thumbup:

Heathblue
21-09-17, 22:02
as its all opinions welcomed, french piss :thumbup:

Louth
21-09-17, 22:07
How the feck do you consider drinking all this piss?

Eric the Half a Bee
21-09-17, 22:10
I haven't seen it on draught yet.

ct_ccfc
22-09-17, 12:18
It's pretty rank now but used to be somewhat drinkable when it was still brewed in Germany by one of the mega brewies there (the one that does DAB I think). Always find it strange that a german supermarket doesn't normally sell any german beer except Becks which they have on offer now and again.

J R Hartley
22-09-17, 14:03
The St.Etienne lager in Aldi isnt bad. £2.79 for 4 x 440ml cans. 4.8%

Nick
22-09-17, 14:25

Any opinions?

It's no Stella Artois is it?

itkman
22-09-17, 15:06
It's no Stella Artois is it?

Stella Artois is no Stella Artois these days, as someone with your discerning tastes should know, but you seem not to.

A classic case of a once premium product being made cheaper and cheaper, but not sold any cheap by the current brand owners to idiots who believe the adverts.

Nick
22-09-17, 15:18
Stella Artois is no Stella Artois these days, as someone with your discerning tastes should know, but you seem not to.

A classic case of a once premium product being made cheaper and cheaper, but not sold any cheap by the current brand owners to idiots who believe the adverts.

:facepalm: