View Full Version : Etheridge

Forest Green Bluebird
30-09-17, 20:30
Another good performance with a point saving save near end.

Still has a habit of kicking every pass-back 1st time, when he has time to adjust.

I can see a few air shots occurring when pitches become more worn.

Paul Robinson (England) ... 1 minute into clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XSGav_QJVI

joecity
30-09-17, 20:31

Still has a habit of kicking every pass-back 1st time, when he has time to adjust.

Not if we get behind him and boost his confidence.

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 20:33
Not if we get behind him and boost his confidence.

With “compliments” like the OP?

Starts a thread complimenting him, then has a little pop and puts a link up mocking him.

Nice

BlueArmy 86
30-09-17, 20:53
He's getting better every game.

Forest Green Bluebird
30-09-17, 20:56
With “compliments” like the OP?

Starts a thread complimenting him, then has a little pop and puts a link up mocking him.

Nice

Good shot stopper but may need to consider consequences of 1st time clearances.

Robinson example was certainly not mocking him ... has happened on numerous occasions over the years at all levels.

Perhaps you should consider engaging your brain before using your fingers.

Forest Green Bluebird
30-09-17, 20:59

I cannot disagree with that ... good / great saves in past two matches ... and fairly safe handling.

I just highlighted something that some may want him to work on.

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 21:02
Good shot stopper but may need to consider consequences of 1st time clearances.

Robinson example was certainly not mocking him ... has happened on numerous occasions over the years at all levels.

Perhaps you should consider engaging your brain before using your fingers.

Perhaps you should consider giving one of our players some well deserved credit instead of the snidely back handed compliment

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 21:03
I cannot disagree with that ... good / great saves in past two matches ... and fairly safe handling.

I just highlighted something that some may want him to work on.

Why?

Can’t you be positive without trying to pick out a negative?

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 21:15
Why?

Why do some people have a problem when others make comments? If you're talking with mates about football in the pub, or wherever, lots of things, both positive and negative get raised. How boring is a conversation if you're just lavishing praise all the time?

An example - I met up with friends before kickoff today and saw some of the Huddersfield - Spurs game. In relaying how the game had gone before I arrived, there was talk of a fresh air kick by the Huddersfield goalkeeper. Should that have not been mentioned?

joecity
30-09-17, 21:17
Why do some people have a problem when others make comments? If you're talking with mates about football in the pub, or wherever, lots of things, both positive and negative get raised. How boring is a conversation if you're just lavishing praise all the time?

An example - I met up with friends before kickoff today and saw some of the Huddersfield - Spurs game. In relaying how the game had gone before I arrived, there was talk of a fresh air kick by the Huddersfield goalkeeper. Should that have not been mentioned?

It is all about opinion . You are right by my view.

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 21:17

I couldn’t give too ****s about Huddersfield keeper :thumbup:

Did Etheridge make a fresh air kick then? Or are you hoping he does so you can feel justified in your negativity towards him?

RichardM
30-09-17, 21:18
I was just thinking that

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 21:24

Did Etheridge make a fresh air kick then? Or are you hoping he does so you can feel justified in your negativity towards him?

What the feck are you talking about Etheridge for? I didn't mention him.

jeepster
30-09-17, 21:24
I thought he had a good game:thumbup:

TH63
30-09-17, 21:26
He kept a clean sheet and made a couple of good saves. What else do you want from a keeper?

J R Hartley
30-09-17, 21:26

Don’t worry, if and when Etheridge does make a fresh air kick, Eric will be the first on here making snide remarks and rejoicing in the fact he called it. A very, very negative poster. Always looking to find fault. He would do well to remember we are a championship club, with championship players, not Real Madrid or Barcelona.

J R Hartley
30-09-17, 21:27
He kept a clean sheet and made a couple of good saves. What else do you want from a keeper?

Blood

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 21:27
It is all about opinion . You are right by my view.

Precisely this. Opinion.

I've lost count of the times I've heard fans saying a certain player has had a shocker or a blinder. By the sounds of Henry Hill we mustn't say if someone has a bad game or makes a mistake.

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 21:28
Blood

Not straight before a game. Might affect his performance.

TH63
30-09-17, 21:31
Blood

Seems like it

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 21:31
Precisely this. Opinion.

I've lost count of the times I've heard fans saying a certain player has had a shocker or a blinder. By the sounds of Henry Hill we mustn't say if someone has a bad game or makes a mistake.
Not at all just don’t understand the need for negativity and picking faults when the guy hasnt had a stinker and had done all that was asked of him today. I wouldn’t expect you to understand that though with your glass half empty.

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 21:33
What the feck are you talking about Etheridge for? I didn't mention him.

The thread is about Etheridge you toe nail. It’s got more to do with him than the Huddersfield keeper.

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 21:35
Don’t worry, if and when Etheridge does make a fresh air kick, Eric will be the first on here making snide remarks and rejoicing in the fact he called it. A very, very negative poster. Always looking to find fault. He would do well to remember we are a championship club, with championship players, not Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Right, I've had a tit full of you suggesting that I somehow rejoiced in Etheridge's misplaced clearance that gifted Preston a goal. It was annoying. These things happen to goalkeepers at all levels.

I was concerned that it might happen. I could see it coming. To suggest I rejoiced or was happy that it did happen is bollocks and out of order, though you are the resident argumentative knob as we all know.

Others have mentioned Etheridge's kicking tonight. Are you going to go after them with the same poisonous venom as you lavish for me? Of course you won't, you haven't got the guts.

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 21:36
The thread is about Etheridge you toe nail. It’s got more to do with him than the Huddersfield keeper.

And you started talking about people not being allowed to be negative, which is the issue I was talking about. I'm not talking about Etheridge, I was replying to your comment about negativity.

Try and keep up.

J R Hartley
30-09-17, 21:49
Right, I've had a tit full of you suggesting that I somehow rejoiced in Etheridge's misplaced clearance that gifted Preston a goal. It was annoying. These things happen to goalkeepers at all levels.

I was concerned that it might happen. I could see it coming. To suggest I rejoiced or was happy that it did happen is bollocks and out of order, though you are the resident argumentative knob as we all know.

Others have mentioned Etheridge's kicking tonight. Are you going to go after them with the same poisonous venom as you lavish for me? Of course you won't, you haven't got the guts.

Utter nonsense. You were literally on here within minutes of the Preston game rejoicing in it. Yes you might have been trying to get one over on Tandy but you still made yourself look a right ****.

As for going after others and having guts? WTF?!? It’s an Internet forum ffs having the guts for what exactly?

If calling people like you out for being the unfairly negative towards our players is “having the guts” then sorry to disappoint but I dont reserve that pleasure just for you

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 21:53
And you started talking about people not being allowed to be negative, which is the issue I was talking about. I'm not talking about Etheridge, I was replying to your comment about negativity.

Try and keep up.

Keep up with you bizarrely taking the thread off on an irrelevant tangent? Nah you’re alright I’ll stick to the topic in hand.

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 22:09
Utter nonsense. You were literally on here within minutes of the Preston game rejoicing in it. Yes you might have been trying to get one over on Tandy but you still made yourself look a right ****.

As for going after others and having guts? WTF?!? It’s an Internet forum ffs having the guts for what exactly?

If calling people like you out for being the unfairly negative towards our players is “having the guts” then sorry to disappoint but I dont reserve that pleasure just for you

For the last time I was bloody annoyed, not rejoicing. When are you going to get that into your thick skull, or do you not have the intelligence?

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 22:11
Keep up with you bizarrely taking the thread off on an irrelevant tangent? Nah you’re alright I’ll stick to the topic in hand.

I replied to this:

Why?

I don't see Etheridge's name in your comment, therefore I was not talking about Etheridge in my reply, just negativity in general. Quite simple, really.

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 22:22
I replied to this:

I don't see Etheridge's name in your comment, therefore I was not talking about Etheridge in my reply, just negativity in general. Quite simple, really.

Semantics. We were discussing Etheridge and besides I wasn’t even replying to you. Do you think youre some kind of oracle and spokesman for the rest of the forum? Modest little man aren’t you.

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 22:28
Semantics. We were discussing Etheridge and besides I wasn’t even replying to you. Do you think youre some kind of oracle and spokesman for the rest of the forum? Modest little man aren’t you.

Again, what planet are you on?

No, you weren't replying to me, but it's an open forum and I was replying to your comment about negativity in general. Are you now suggesting people shouldn't reply to replies, and are people that do suddenly oracles and spokesmen? Nonsense.

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 22:30

Out of interest, what was your previous username?

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 22:31
Out of interest, what was your previous username?
Jimmy Hills

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 22:37
Again, what planet are you on?

No, you weren't replying to me, but it's an open forum and I was replying to your comment about negativity in general. Are you now suggesting people shouldn't reply to replies, and are people that do suddenly oracles and spokesmen? Nonsense.

My post wasn’t about negativity in general you clown. Nor was it an invitation for you to make some pathetic anecdote about your mates and the Huddersfield goalkeeper.

I was merely questioningbwhy the OP felt the need to throw in a negative when he’d started a positive thread about our keeper. Our keeper didn’t make an airshot today, did all that was expected of him, pulled off a very important save, so why the need for the negativity at the end of the OP?

It’s like people can’t give praise without a back handed compliment.

I didn’t say people can’t discuss negatives which you seem to be implying and have got your frillies in a twist over. If someone’s had a stinker then yeah say he’s had a stinker. I never said anyone couldn’t but clearly Etheridge did not have a stinker today.

Eric the Half a Bee
30-09-17, 22:44
I didn’t say people can’t discuss negatives

Why?

Not at all just don’t understand the need for negativity

So is it ok to discuss negatives or not?

Not that it matters. You're more interested in having a pop at me than discussing the issue.

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 22:44
So is it ok to discuss negatives or not?

Not that it matters. You're more interested in having a pop at me than discussing the issue.
Those comments are all in the context of topic of the thread ie Neil Etheridge and his performance today you annoying little man.

J R Hartley
30-09-17, 22:49
Those comments are all in the context of topic of the thread ie Neil Etheridge and his performance today you annoying little man.

Give it up you won’t get the last word against him he’s the most pedantic poster on here. I should really put him on ignore with Croesy.

Henry Hill
30-09-17, 22:54
Give it up you won’t get the last word against him he’s the most pedantic poster on here. I should really put him on ignore with Croesy.

:thumbup:

life on mars
30-09-17, 23:05

I agree ,he's moved his game on very well , I would imagine Neil will stick with him as number 1 now. A good signing .

rich munn
30-09-17, 23:09
:thumbup:

My god you 3 are so boring.

J R Hartley
30-09-17, 23:11
My god you 3 are so boring.
Bit rich (pardon the pun) from the guy who cured insomnia with his agenda against Whitts

Forest Green Bluebird
01-10-17, 10:47
I agree ,he's moved his game on very well , I would imagine Neil will stick with him as number 1 now. A good signing .

At last ... a decent, informed reply to my OP!

Amazing how just one little comment (constructive criticism in my opinion) can start a full blown argument on this board.

Forest Green Bluebird
01-10-17, 10:54
Perhaps you should consider giving one of our players some well deserved credit instead of the snidely back handed compliment

Started original post with:

"Another Good Performance"

Sorry if you do not understand how the English language works.