PDA

View Full Version : Latest terrorist outrage

TH63
25-11-17, 07:48
ISIS latest caper has resulted in approx 300 people dead.

Burst into a mosque, set off a bomb, then shot at people trying to escape, including incoming ambulances.

Absolutely shocking.

Strangely though, I’m not seeing #jesuisegypt trending, profile pics changed to the Egyptian flag.

Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson are strangely silent.

Why is that I’m wondering?

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 07:53

Burst into a mosque, set off a bomb, then shot at people trying to escape, including incoming ambulances.

Absolutely shocking.

Strangely though, I’m not seeing #jesuisegypt trending, profile pics changed to the Egyptian flag.

Who is Jesu?

TH63
25-11-17, 08:02
Je suis

dembethewarrior
25-11-17, 08:04
Half the idiots that are outraged because it's fashionable haven't got a clue about the people that die daily at the hands of these wankers all over the world. Only give a **** if it's new York Paris or London.

Pearcey3
25-11-17, 08:23
Half the idiots that are outraged because it's fashionable haven't got a clue about the people that die daily at the hands of these wankers all over the world. Only give a **** if it's new York Paris or London.

True

SLUDGE FACTORY
25-11-17, 08:24
The people most affected by these terrorists are those in Iraq, Egypt , Syria , Afghanistan , Pakistan etc

These evil people know no boundaries

The likes of Katie Hopkins are , as you say , very silent

It says it all

SLUDGE FACTORY
25-11-17, 08:25

Yep

Nick
25-11-17, 08:38
Yep

Or Barcelona, to be fair.

Nick
25-11-17, 08:39
Or Nice

Nick
Or Brussels

J R Hartley
If they want to blow each other up that’s their prerogative

Nick
25-11-17, 08:41
Or Berlin

Nick
25-11-17, 08:41
Or Manchester

dembethewarrior
25-11-17, 08:47
Or Manchester

Bore off. Give us all an early Xmas present and have one day off. As if I was going to post all the cities..."London Paris new York" is fashionable init brah.

dembethewarrior
25-11-17, 08:48

****ing hell mate.

Wales-Bales
25-11-17, 09:07
Nor the starving millions in Yemen due to a food and medicine blockade by Saudi Arabia, in fact are the media even reporting it?

Badly Ironed Shirt
25-11-17, 09:10

So true, add in the 50 killed in Nigeria and the 20 killed in Iraq this week and it's been a much deadlier week than the lone wolf attacks we've seen in London and New York.

It's also been under reported in the media, whilst the BBC were covering the Egypt attacks, they broke off for the Oxford Circus event. OK, it was closer to home, but it was quickly apparent it was not terror related. Didn't stop Radio 5 devoting the remainder of their news hour talking to people who were crying but saw/heard nothing.

Last month's attack in Mogadishu killed 350 people. News coverage, scant.

Badly Ironed Shirt
25-11-17, 09:11

That isn't what's happening though, is it?

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 09:13
****ing hell mate.

They’ve been waging their own war for 3 years mate. On one hand we have people getting outraged because Britain involve themselves in troubles over that part of the world, and now we have the same people getting outraged because British people are not as outraged about attack’s over there than they are in this country?!?!

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 09:14
That isn't what's happening though, is it?
Using this account today are you?

Badly Ironed Shirt
25-11-17, 09:15
They’ve been waging their own war for 3 years mate. On one hand we have people getting outraged because Britain involve themselves in troubles over that part of the world, and now we have the same people getting outraged because British people are not as outraged about attack’s over there than they are in this country?!?!

Which of the hypocrisies is worse, in your opinion?

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 09:15
So true, add in the 50 killed in Nigeria and the 20 killed in Iraq this week and it's been a much deadlier week than the lone wolf attacks we've seen in London and New York.

It's also been under reported in the media, whilst the BBC were covering the Egypt attacks, they broke off for the Oxford Circus event. OK, it was closer to home, but it was quickly apparent it was not terror related. Didn't stop Radio 5 devoting the remainder of their news hour talking to people who were crying but saw/heard nothing.

Shock horror. Radio station gives priority to news in its own country.

dembethewarrior
25-11-17, 09:16

That last sentence..

Scary how often these types of things are happening in African countries.
Quite a lot is reported on Reddit, I've not read a newspaper or watched the news for so long I can't remember.

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 09:19
If the media reported on every single terrorist incident then we'd hear about nothing else. There are practically daily attacks in areas where it's expected daily so sadly isn't really "news" anymore. This incident was more ferocious than usual hence why we're hearing about it.

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here. I understand why the media and people react more when it happens here but I'd also encourage them to acknowledge that it happens a lot in other parts of the world, hence why I've never changed my avatar to a French or Belgian or German flag. That gets tiresome really quickly.

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 09:20
If the media reported on every single terrorist incident then we'd hear about nothing else. There are practically daily attacks in areas where it's expected daily so sadly isn't really "news" anymore. This incident was more ferocious than usual hence why we're hearing about it.

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here. I understand why the media and people react more when it happens here but I'd also encourage them to acknowledge that it happens a lot in other parts of the world, hence why I've never changed my avatar to a French or Belgian or German flag. That gets tiresome really quickly.

The changing of avatars is a load of bollox, like most social media.

Great post by the way.

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 09:23
The changing of avatars is a load of bollox, like most social media.

Great post by the way.

Damn right it does, you're preaching to the choir on that one. And thanks.

dembethewarrior
25-11-17, 09:29

Agree there would be nothing else in the news, we would have tens of stories a week.
It's the Facebook profile change/Twitter hashtag pricks that I dislike. Put a lovely picture of a word quote on Instagram "to show I care" people are just desperate as they fall over to show they care more than the next idiot.

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 09:36
Agree there would be nothing else in the news, we would have tens of stories a week.
It's the Facebook profile change/Twitter hashtag pricks that I dislike. Put a lovely picture of a word quote on Instagram "to show I care" people are just desperate as they fall over to show they care more than the next idiot.

Or 'virtue-signalling' people to use the parlance of our times. I had similar issues when these overnight humanitarians started popping up all over FB after the government voted to start bombing Syria a couple of years ago. Syria was being bombed for months before we got involved by other Western nations, but these bellends didn't mention it once, but all of a sudden it becomes "terrible" as soon as we start to get involved.

That, and seeing some weedy prune interviewed on the news who was involved in a "lie down" protest outside the Houses of Parliament as the vote was taking place. He was the typical spineless sheltered "liberal" type who claimed that "we don't live in a real democracy anymore" and that the UK is tantamount to a fascist state. I'd love to know how he'd get on in North Korea....

jon1959
25-11-17, 09:54
Or 'virtue-signalling' people to use the parlance of our times. I had similar issues when these overnight humanitarians started popping up all over FB after the government voted to start bombing Syria a couple of years ago. Syria was being bombed for months before we got involved by other Western nations, but these bellends didn't mention it once, but all of a sudden it becomes "terrible" as soon as we start to get involved.

That, and seeing some weedy prune interviewed on the news who was involved in a "lie down" protest outside the Houses of Parliament as the vote was taking place. He was the typical spineless sheltered "liberal" type who claimed that "we don't live in a real democracy anymore" and that the UK is tantamount to a fascist state. I'd love to know how he'd get on in North Korea....

Pathetic isn't it. UK citizens organising themselves to protest against the actions of the UK government. They don't deserve to show themselves on the streets unless they can prove they've been tortured by the North Korean secret police. Great post!

Vimto
25-11-17, 09:55
Pathetic isn't it. UK citizens organising themselves to protest against the actions of the UK government. They don't deserve to show themselves on the streets unless they can prove they've been tortured by the North Korean secret police. Great post!

:hehe: :thumbup:

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 09:58

Thanks ;) I don't have a problem with people protesting on the street if they don't cause damage or harm to others, but I do have a problem with people's skewed perspectives on things. Describing the UK as a "fascist state" is an insult to those that have lived and died under actual fascism.

Wales-Bales
25-11-17, 10:34
There is still a lot of information that may possibly come out in the wash regarding Syria.

dembethewarrior
25-11-17, 10:37

There is a good documentary on Afghanistan on Netflix. The US and Russia have fought there for years..before that us and the Russians..
The whole Syria thing bugs me too, I'm not very informed on it all in all honesty, but the way people harp on about it for internet karma is shallow as ****.

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 11:51
They're still human beings being killed, what difference does it make what religion they are. 300 muslims were murdered in a mosque, that should show us the terrorists aren't doing it based on religion but hate.

The sooner we stop being letting the media dividing us and focus more on people who are terrorists and people who aren't the better.

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 11:53
I wondered when Lily Allen would show up on this thread

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 12:02
I wondered when Lily Allen would show up on this thread

Point out anything wrong with what I said, or would you rather stick to ad hominem attacks to try and justify your own ignorant stance?

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 12:38
Point out anything wrong with what I said, or would you rather stick to ad hominem attacks to try and justify your own ignorant stance?
I’m sorry if me caring more about what’s happening close to home, and the safety of my family, rather than others from a country thousands of miles away offends you Lily.

Do you think in Egypt, Nigeria.etc they care just as much about the atrocities in the UK than they do about their own country?

SLUDGE FACTORY
25-11-17, 12:45
Nor the starving millions in Yemen due to a food and medicine blockade by Saudi Arabia, in fact are the media even reporting it?

A state we are selling at to ......fecking disgrace

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 12:45
You said it wasn’t about religion. It was.

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 12:48

A wise man once said

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here.

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 12:49

:hehe:

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 12:52
They're still human beings being killed, what difference does it make what religion they are. 300 muslims were murdered in a mosque, that should show us the terrorists aren't doing it based on religion but hate.

The sooner we stop being letting the media dividing us and focus more on people who are terrorists and people who aren't the better.

Sorry mate, but that's where you're wrong. Sunni and Shia muslims have been killing each other for a while now, as has been happening for a while in other religions. This story also immediately sprang to mind when I read your comment:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/aug/09/tanveer-ahmed-jailed-for-murder-glasgow-shopkeeper-in-sectarian-attack

SLUDGE FACTORY
25-11-17, 12:54
Arms

Eric Cartman
Thanks ;) I don't have a problem with people protesting on the street if they don't cause damage or harm to others, but I do have a problem with people's skewed perspectives on things. Describing the UK as a "fascist state" is an insult to those that have lived and died under actual fascism.

You are doing it again. Do I need to have tunnelled out of Auschwitz to criticise the British Government? We all pay for the things they choose to do on our behalf.

Croesy Blue
Sorry mate, but that's where you're wrong. Sunni and Shia muslims have been killing each other for a while now, as has been happening for a while in other religions. This story also immediately sprang to mind when I read your comment:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/aug/09/tanveer-ahmed-jailed-for-murder-glasgow-shopkeeper-in-sectarian-attack
A true religious person wouldn't kill someone, a true Muslim wouldn't kill someone during worship. It's hate masked as religion.

Exactly the same as Catholics and protestants mutilating each other in Ireland, if they were truly religious they wouldn't be killing.

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 12:56
I’m sorry if me caring more about what’s happening close to home, and the safety of my family, rather than others from a country thousands of miles away offends you Lily.

Do you think in Egypt, Nigeria.etc they care just as much about the atrocities in the UK than they do about their own country?

I don't disagree with caring more about stuff happening closer to home. But caring more is a world away from "if they want to blow each other up that's their prerogative"

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 12:58
I don't disagree with caring more about stuff happening closer to home. But caring more is a world away from "if they want to blow each other up that's their prerogative"

Why not? Their fighting a religious war.

Same as in Northern Ireland when they were killing each other.

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 12:59
You said it wasn’t about religion. It was.

I didn't say it wasn't about religion though.

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 12:59
A true religious person wouldn't kill someone, a true Muslim wouldn't kill someone during worship. It's hate masked as religion.

What does this even mean? It feels like you have been brainwashed into thinking religion is automatically a power for good. Further up the thread you talk about not allowing us to be divided - religion has done this for hundreds of years. People's ability to be good and live a good life comes from within and not some sodding book or sermon.

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 13:01

Because the innocent 300 people killed weren't fighting a religious war. They were human beings murdered while going about their day.

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 13:01
I didn't say it wasn't about religion though.
You said it “shows they aren’t doing it based on religion”

It was

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 13:02
Because the innocent 300 people killed weren't fighting a religious war. They were human beings murdered while going about their day.
How do you know they were all innocent and not guilty of terrorism against other Muslims? Could have been a revenge attack.

Unfortunately innocent people get killed in religious wars.

Llanedeyrnblue
25-11-17, 13:03

And none of us are surprised, I’m saddened but not surprised

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 13:03

So the people who ran out of the mosque straight into machine gun fire were fighting a religious war?

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 13:04
What does this even mean? It feels like you have been brainwashed into thinking religion is automatically a power for good. Further up the thread you talk about not allowing us to be divided - religion has done this for hundreds of years. People's ability to be good and live a good life comes from within and not some sodding book or sermon.

I don't agree with being religious at all. I've not set foot in a church in my life. But if these scum bags are muslims they wouldn't be blowing people up as it would be against the religious teachings.

Thé workd would be a better place without any religion. It doesn't mean we have to dump everyone following a specific religion in with the minority of scum bags who use it as an excuse to murder.

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 13:07
I don't agree with being religious at all. I've not set foot in a church in my life. But if these scum bags are muslims they wouldn't be blowing people up as it would be against the religious teachings.

Thé workd would be a better place without any religion. It doesn't mean we have to dump everyone following a specific religion in with the minority of scum bags who use it as an excuse to murder.

So you’ve never set foot in a church but you’re an expert in the teachings of Islam?

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 13:07

And we aren't allowed to think that's sad? Why does it have to be painted as moral outrage?

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 13:08
So you’ve ne de set foot in a church but you’re an expert in Islam?
I've studied a bit about religions, I'm not saying I'm an expert.

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 13:08

Something which I haven't done but I am tired of people sub consciously elevating religion in these discussions.

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 13:09
A wise man once said

Thank you, thank you ;) So, the UK bombing Syria is closer to home and more newsworthy therefore that's why they decided to protest against it? They only care about Syrians being killed if it's [B]our[B] country killing them?

As I said, overnight humanitarians with inconsistent beliefs.

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 13:09
And we aren't allowed to think that's sad? Why does it have to be painted as moral outrage?

I didn’t say you couldn’t think it was sad did I?

But then those of us who are not really bothered shouldn’t be made to feel guilty just because we are concerned for terrorism in our own country.

That’s the topic of the thread isn’t it?

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 13:10
How do you know they were all innocent and not guilty of terrorism against other Muslims? Could have been a revenge attack.

So we presume guilt now do we?

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 13:10
I've studied a bit about religions, I'm not saying I'm an expert.
Liar

Badly Ironed Shirt
25-11-17, 13:11
Shock horror. Radio station gives priority to news in its own country.

It was a platform argument :hehe: One woman twisted her stockings, and a bloke got a stitch from running away. As soon as it became apparent that the news was a non-event (and it appeared that way within 15 minutes of it first breaking), it became an hour of people talking about nothing. I come here for that sort of stuff. :hehe:

J R Hartley
So we presume guilt now do we?

Well you presumed they were innocent

Eric Cartman
Thank you, thank you ;) So, the UK bombing Syria is closer to home and more newsworthy therefore that's why they decided to protest against it? They only care about Syrians being killed if it's [B]our[B] country killing them?

As I said, overnight humanitarians with inconsistent beliefs.

I can accept that bad things happen in the world and I can't do anything to control them. When my taxes pay for it, I feel the need to say something. Is this not acceptable?

Croesy Blue
We've gone way off point anyway, I'm not clever enough to discuss the nuances of every terrorist attack. But I think it's fair enough to agree with the OP that it's weird people are quick enough to change their Facebook photo when it's an attack in Paris and New York but not give a shit when it's in Egypt. While also thinking its normal to be a bit more concerned about attacks that are happening in the western world.

I also think it's normal to not want people to completely group every Muslim together because there is a large minority of scum bags who want to kill people.

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 13:12
Well you presumed they were innocent

I think that is still what we do isn't it?

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 13:13
I think that is still what we do isn't it?

In Utopia maybe.

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 13:13
We've gone way off point anyway, I'm not clever enough to discuss the nuances of every terrorist attack. But I think it's fair enough to agree with the OP that it's weird people are quick enough to change their Facebook photo when it's an attack in Paris and New York but not give a shit when it's in Egypt. While also thinking its normal to be a bit more concerned about attacks that are happening in the western world.

I also think it's normal to not want people to completely group every Muslim together because there is a large minority of scum bags who want to kill people.

Fair enough.

Badly Ironed Shirt
25-11-17, 13:14

Exactly the same as Catholics and protestants mutilating each other in Ireland, if they were truly religious they wouldn't be killing.

A true religious person can kill. Being religious doesn't mean you have a moral compass, it means you are more liable to be indoctrinated and turned into a weapon. Religion kills, as we saw in Egypt yesterday. The start of these clashes all come down to people disagreeing with other people over which fictional character is best. At least, if there was a war started on whether Jeff Eckhardt was a better defender or striker it would be over something substantial.

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 13:14
Liar

Imagine having such a small world view that you think anyone doing anything different to you is a lie.

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 13:15
You are doing it again. Do I need to have tunnelled out of Auschwitz to criticise the British Government? We all pay for the things they choose to do on our behalf.

Sorry to disagree again (even though we've agreed separately in other posts on this thread) but people shouldn't cry "fascism" at every government decision that they don't like. When on earth did I imply that they shouldn't be able criticise the government? Calling them "fascists" is cheap and pathetic.

Do you also not see the irony in people being allowed to demonstrate freely and yet they have the audacity to call the government "fascists"? Please.....

J R Hartley
25-11-17, 13:18
Imagine having such a small world view that you think anyone doing anything different to you is a lie.

You dont agree with religion, you’re not religious at all, you’ve never set foot in a church, yet you’ve studied religion 😂😂😂

Pull the other one Lily

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 13:19
Sorry to disagree again (even though we've agreed separately in other posts on this thread) but people shouldn't cry "fascism" at every government decision that they don't like. When on earth did I imply that they shouldn't criticise the government? Calling them "fascists" is cheap and pathetic.

Do you also not see the irony in people being allowed to demonstrate freely and yet they have the audacity to call the government "fascists"? Please.....

These are two separate issues.

- People who exaggerate (in your opinion).
- People who only criticise when it is their own government.

I have given a rational reason for the 2nd one. The first is just human nature, is it not?

TH63
25-11-17, 13:22

Agreed. It wouldn’t surprise me if the TV news shows carried one of those caveats like they have in other shows/films
“no white people were hurt in the process of making this film”

Phew! That’s ok, just brown people killing other brown people, nothing to see here. As you were

Jimmy the Jock
25-11-17, 13:25

Here is the thing though, they lived along side each other fairly happily under the big bad Dictator Sadam Hussain.

We came along and rid the world of that nasty man and everyone's lot was so improved.

I am not saying it was perfect under Saddam but I think it was better than it is now.

It may well have happened naturally , I would be far happier if our country had not had a hand in opening the can .

I worked in Iraq back in 1983 so I have first hand experience of the place, as I said it wasnt perfect.

The question about the news is an easy one to answer.

Brown faces.

Brown faces are not really news here.

Jimmy the Jock
25-11-17, 13:27
Agreed. It wouldn’t surprise me if the TV news shows carried one of those caveats like they have in other shows/films
“no white people were hurt in the process of making this film”

Phew! That’s ok, just brown people killing other brown people, nothing to see here. As you were

We must have been tying our opinions at the same time. Great minds....

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 13:45
These are two separate issues.

- People who exaggerate (in your opinion).
- People who only criticise when it is their own government.

I have given a rational reason for the 2nd one. The first is just human nature, is it not?

In my opinion? Don't you think it's an exaggeration to call the UK government fascists and take the liberties that we have for granted? Exaggeration, narrow perspective, ignorance...who knows? I'd certainly call ignorance human nature.

And those that protest against Syrians being killed only when it's their government doing it still makes them crap humanitarians and inconsistent in their beliefs.

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 14:16
In my opinion? Don't you think it's an exaggeration to call the UK government fascists and take the liberties that we have for granted? Exaggeration, narrow perspective, ignorance...who knows? I'd certainly call ignorance human nature.

And those that protest against Syrians being killed only when it's their government doing it still makes them crap humanitarians and inconsistent in their beliefs.

Yes, that is why we call it an opinion. Their opinion might be slightly different, if you looked at everyone's opinion it would be a spectrum of different positions.

It might make them a 'crap humanitarian', but you labelled them humanitarian to make a point. I have never heard anyone refer to themselves as a 'humanitarian' in passing. They are entitled to their opinion as are you but it is dangerous to group everyone who opposes or encourages something into one specific school of thought.

People feel broadly responsible for the actions of their own government as they collectively endorsed them and gave them their power. The idea that you can't stand against something because you didn't stand against other similar events in history is just laughable.

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 14:24
Yes, that is why we call it an opinion. Their opinion might be slightly different, if you looked at everyone's opinion it would be a spectrum of different positions.

It might make them a 'crap humanitarian', but you labelled them humanitarian to make a point. I have never heard anyone refer to themselves as a 'humanitarian' in passing. They are entitled to their opinion as are you but it is dangerous to group everyone who opposes or encourages something into one specific school of thought.

Their opinion in this regard may indeed be slightly different, but I still wouldn't give it the time of day.

And I've never heard anyone refer to themselves as 'humanitarian' either, but that was the word I chose just to make my point. It's their attempt at proving themselves to be "caring" and "kind" whereas (in my opinion :thumbup:) they fall short.

adz-a32
25-11-17, 14:35
So you’ve never set foot in a church but you’re an expert in the teachings of Islam?

As a Muslim, I would say Croesy knows more about Islam than you

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 14:39
Their opinion in this regard may indeed be slightly different, but I still wouldn't give it the time of day.

And I've never heard anyone refer to themselves as 'humanitarian' either, but that was the word I chose just to make my point. It's their attempt at proving themselves to be "caring" and "kind" whereas (in my opinion :thumbup:) they fall short.

I don't pretend to know their hidden motives but I find it hilarious that you next to perfectly summarised their behaviour in a different way in one of your first posts of the thread.

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here.

These 'fake humanitarians' you dislike so much are very similar to the people you were looking to stand up for earlier. They become aware of something (because it become's newsworthy here when the UK decide to intervene) and they talk about it - you justify it for one group but not for another. You are being just as inconsistent as the people you criticise.

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 14:41
I don't pretend to know their hidden motives but I find it hilarious that you next to perfectly summarised their behaviour in a different way in one of your first posts of the thread.

These 'fake humanitarians' you dislike so much are very similar to the people you were looking to stand up for earlier. They become aware of something (because it become's newsworthy here when the UK decide to intervene) and they talk about it. You are being just as inconsistent as the people you criticise.

Read my comments again. I wasn't standing up for them whatsoever. I was providing a reason for why they change their FB profile pic to a flag or whatever and why the media doesn't report on every single terrorist attack, but not at any stage did I defend them for doing so. I am passionately against the idea for the very reasons I stated above.

life on mars
25-11-17, 15:29

Absolutely shocking.

Does this explode the myth , this radicalism is down to invading of western countries

I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS
25-11-17, 15:47
Terrible news, but will we lose any sleep over this ? I don't think so
that must make me sound like a
horrible spineless piece of shitte
but an honest horrible spineless piece of shitte

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 15:59
Read my comments again. I wasn't standing up for them whatsoever. I was providing a reason for why they change their FB profile pic to a flag or whatever and why the media doesn't report on every single terrorist attack, but not at any stage did I defend them for doing so. I am passionately against the idea for the very reasons I stated above.

Your attitude and tone was different whilst the circumstances were, broadly speaking, the same.

elytillidie
25-11-17, 16:10
The people most affected by these terrorists are those in Iraq, Egypt , Syria , Afghanistan , Pakistan etc

These evil people know no boundaries

The likes of Katie Hopkins are , as you say , very silent

It says it all

Katie Hopkins would be more upset if the Sons of Glydwr set fire to an empty holiday cottage.

Tokyo Blue
25-11-17, 16:19
Your attitude and tone was different whilst the circumstances were, broadly speaking, the same.

Sorry, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean, probably because it's late, I've had a few beers, I'm half asleep and about to go to bed. Anyway, have a good weekend.

Nick
25-11-17, 16:21
Bore off. Give us all an early Xmas present and have one day off. As if I was going to post all the cities..."London Paris new York" is fashionable init brah.

I won’t, if you don’t mind, buttercup.

SLUDGE FACTORY
25-11-17, 16:23
Katie Hopkins would be more upset if the Sons of Glydwr set fire to an empty holiday cottage.

Leather faced old rotter

TH63
25-11-17, 17:39

Genuine questions adz, I understand that the victims of this attack were followers of a particular denomination of Islam that ISIS brand as “heretics”, is that true?
Even so, surely a mosque is sacred to them?
I can, almost, understand their albeit twisted ideology to kill non-believers, but these victims WERE believers surely?

25-11-17, 17:56

ADZ is this true yes or no ?

surah an-nisa (4-34) when reading the quran because it says "hey guys! you can beat your wives when they disobey you. it is ok."

life on mars
25-11-17, 18:06
Its all very sad as the Islam faith and the Muslim faith has good virtues, and in a lot of cases their faith sets better standards than some of our own behaviours and better respects others.

Eric Cartman
25-11-17, 18:10
Sorry, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean, probably because it's late, I've had a few beers, I'm half asleep and about to go to bed. Anyway, have a good weekend.

You too!

adz-a32
25-11-17, 18:28
Genuine questions adz, I understand that the victims of this attack were followers of a particular denomination of Islam that ISIS brand as “heretics”, is that true?
Even so, surely a mosque is sacred to them?
I can, almost, understand their albeit twisted ideology to kill non-believers, but these victims WERE believers surely?

Well Sufis are persecuted but the Qur'an says that Muslims should not divide themselves.
A mosque is sacred
IMHO, they are believers as a Muslim is someone who believes in Allah and that Hadrat Muhammad was his prophet

adz-a32
25-11-17, 18:37
ADZ is this true yes or no ?

surah an-nisa (4-34) when reading the quran because it says "hey guys! you can beat your wives when they disobey you. it is ok."

With the Qur'an, I would take the English translations with a pinch of salt. I have English copies and they all say different things. The "strike" part varies on the translation but it is worth noting that Prophet Muhammad never hit women and discouraged domestic violence a lot.

I would say no violence, especially domestic violence is okay and there are several mainstream scholars who condemn domestic abuse

Maccy Blue
25-11-17, 19:11

Absolutely shocking.

Should have seen the queues outside the tattoo shops this evening getting pyramid tattoos.

25-11-17, 21:20
With the Qur'an, I would take the English translations with a pinch of salt. I have English copies and they all say different things. The "strike" part varies on the translation but it is worth noting that Prophet Muhammad never hit women and discouraged domestic violence a lot.

I would say no violence, especially domestic violence is okay and there are several mainstream scholars who condemn domestic abuse

so its all about interpretation then mate?
and Muhammad never hit women ?
but as an adult he married a CHILD ?

I'm guessing its
1.YES
2.NO
3.YES

Vimto
25-11-17, 21:59

Oh wow, that's great....several scholars? Great.

Croesy Blue
25-11-17, 22:01
You dont agree with religion, you’re not religious at all, you’ve never set foot in a church, yet you’ve studied religion 😂😂😂

Pull the other one Lily
It's an interesting topic, with loads of interesting books on the subject and a huge part of human history. I don't agree with believing in it but it's very interesting to study.

James fox
25-11-17, 23:21
It's an interesting topic, with loads of interesting books on the subject and a huge part of human history. I don't agree with believing in it but it's very interesting to study.

With a Bonus that You can be Offended for them.

Croesy Blue
26-11-17, 00:04

There's a lot of disgusting stuff in the Quran but it doesn't mean every single word is followed by every Muslim.

I thinka a lot of the teachings to do with women are disgusting. But most Muslims I know are like most Christians I know and are just moderate.

adz-a32
26-11-17, 00:18
There's a lot of disgusting stuff in the Quran but it doesn't mean every single word is followed by every Muslim.

I thinka a lot of the teachings to do with women are disgusting. But most Muslims I know are like most Christians I know and are just moderate.

True, in modern times you cannot expect someone to follow each and every thing.

James fox
26-11-17, 01:27

They did not work in not so modern times either.

Tokyo Blue
26-11-17, 02:58

Adz, ever heard of Maajid Nawaz? If so, what's your take on him?

For those who don't know him, he's a reformed extremist and a now Muslim reformer. Definitely worth checking out.

Mrs Steve R
26-11-17, 03:30
Oh wow, that's great....several scholars? Great.
Do not disturb them while they are condemning it though or you will get kicked on the floor.

"Few feminists dare criticise Islam. To see why, look at the ones who do"
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/09/few-feminists-dare-criticise-islam-the-ones-who-do-should-be-praised-for-their-bravery/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMnFwvemTUc&t=52s

26-11-17, 03:47
Do not disturb them while they are condemning it though or you will get kicked on the floor.

"Few feminists dare criticise Islam. To see why, look at the ones who do"
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/09/few-feminists-dare-criticise-islam-the-ones-who-do-should-be-praised-for-their-bravery/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMnFwvemTUc&t=52s

WTF did I just watch some blokes stick the boot in on some women on the floor just then
that's disgusting
never mind feminists I think what I just read and watched would repulse most people

J R Hartley
26-11-17, 10:31
Erm, ok, seeing as I have absolutely no interest in Islam, or any other religion, as I don’t believe in all this god bollocks, and am not claiming to know anything about it, what point are you trying today make exactly?!?!?

He said the attack wasn’t based on religion but it was. When evidence was shown he then denied saying it in the first place, which was bizarre as his post is still on the first page.