PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports presenters wife dies

Auntie Andy
25-11-17, 14:39
just three days after she was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia - a rare and aggressive cancer of the white blood cells.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sky-sports-presenter-simon-thomas-11584285

So sad :frown:

Cleve van Leef
25-11-17, 14:42
Heartbreaking.

RIP

El Gwapo
25-11-17, 16:32
Jeez, so soon after diagnosis. Tragedy can strike anytime. RIP

SLUDGE FACTORY
25-11-17, 16:58
That's terrible , poor guy and poor kid

It's things like this that reinforce my belief that there is no god

Wales-Bales
25-11-17, 17:17
It's things like this that reinforce my belief that there is no god
What is more scary is that visiting a GP is a lottery.

Glos Blue
25-11-17, 19:54
AML is an absolute bastard form of cancer. My other half’s sister died of it aged 23, leaving a new husband and two year old daughter. That was 15 years ago but for the family, it’s still as raw now as it was then.

Jimmy the Jock
25-11-17, 20:13
What is more scary is that visiting a GP is a lottery.

I doubt it would have made a big difference if she had been diagnosed immediately, there was only a few days between visiting the Docs and the illness taking her.
I was quite choked reading that, 8 year old lad as well, cancer is a ****.

Wales-Bales
25-11-17, 20:17
I doubt it would have made a big difference if she had been diagnosed immediately, there was only a few days between visiting the Docs and the illness taking her.
I was quite choked reading that, 8 year old lad as well, cancer is a ****.
Maybe not in this case but certainly in other cases.

Pearcey3
25-11-17, 20:25
Horrendous that she was taken so soon after diagnosis leaving a little 8 year old lad without his mum. Life can be so cruel.

jeepster
25-11-17, 21:37
AML is an absolute bastard form of cancer. My other half’s sister died of it aged 23, leaving a new husband and two year old daughter. That was 15 years ago but for the family, it’s still as raw now as it was then.

Yep my dad went into hospital on thursday diagnosed on friday died on saturday.such a quick and horrible thing.Time does not dull the hurt.

Zenith
25-11-17, 22:11
Yep my dad went into hospital on thursday diagnosed on friday died on saturday.such a quick and horrible thing.Time does not dull the hurt.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Horrific.

Jimmy the Jock
25-11-17, 22:31

If it was me I would rather have that than months of waiting for the inevitable.

That is a vicious disease.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 10:38

Sorry to hear that

J R Hartley
26-11-17, 10:43
Terrible story. Heartbreaking.