PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Laces

Pages : [1] 2

Forest Green Bluebird
25-11-17, 19:29
Is positive discrimination necessary?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/25/premier-league-rainbow-laces-lgbt-homophobia-stonewall-campaign

Wales-Bales
25-11-17, 19:47
:popcorn:

SLUDGE FACTORY
25-11-17, 19:51
Yep , homophobia belongs in the dark ages

I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS
25-11-17, 23:02

I really don't think that's a problem anymore , as a people we are far more tolerant now :thumbup:
I haven't seen any homophobia or any discrimination for that matters on here at all
it almost feels like the media are trying to pressure people to "come out"

I think they are bang out of order myself
what goes on between 2 consenting adults is between 2 consenting adults :thumbup:
its not for front page sensationalism

J R Hartley
26-11-17, 12:50
Yawn Yawn Yawn

The media are so desperate for the first gay premier league footballer it’s probably stopping any gay footballers actually coming out.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 12:58
We could learn a lot from rugby in this respect , football fans can be small minded idiots

Forest Green Bluebird
26-11-17, 15:19
We could learn a lot from rugby in this respect , football fans can be small minded idiots

I don't think we can learn anything from rugby fans.

I suspect that the majority of football / sports fans in the UK, including myself, have absolutely no homophobic intolerance.

Those (in the media) that thought rainbow corner flags, captains armbands, advertising hoardings, lapel badges, 4th official time boards would somehow have an impact on any person (whatever persuasion) is mystifying.

Perhaps there should be a reciprocal arrangement to make non-LGBT fans welcome next weekend

lardy
26-11-17, 15:31
Trying to get my head round "no homophobic intolerance".

Steve R
26-11-17, 15:32
Lacist. Reported.

Croesy Blue
26-11-17, 15:34
This is one of the things I can't understand people being outraged about?

How do the rainbow laces affect you in anyway? Do they ruin watching football for you? It's just a show of solidarity from the sport it doesn't negatively affect anyone.

Forest Green Bluebird
26-11-17, 15:46
This is one of the things I can't understand people being outraged about?

How do the rainbow laces affect you in anyway? Do they ruin watching football for you? It's just a show of solidarity from the sport it doesn't negatively affect anyone.

No effect on me at all.

An awful amount of money wasted in my opinion - which could have been used more wisely.

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 15:54

So can golf fans, tennis fans, water polo fans, ufc fans..

Forest Green Bluebird
26-11-17, 16:00
Trying to get my head round "no homophobic intolerance".

Perhaps I should have said the the majority of fans accept the rights of everyone regardless of race, creed or sexual preference.

Was there really a need for Rainbow Laces day?

I don't think anyone goes to a football match in this country to make others aware of their preferences.

'Gays' attend matches to watch the football.

'Straights' attend matches to watch the football.

Ethnic minorities attend matches to watch the football.

Religiously minded folk attend matches to watch the football (arguable in areas where there is religious intolerance)

Armitage Shanks
26-11-17, 16:01
i think Sludge is becomming a lover of the egg. there has been a few pro rugby quotes on here recently

James fox
26-11-17, 16:11
What a load of Rubbish.
Once again, The LGBTTMFI++ are ramming it down our throats.
While certain sections of society praise them for it.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 16:17
Homophobia is rife in football and racism may not be as bad as it was in the seventies , but it's still around

Football should be a welcoming place for everyone , the pathetic chants against Brighton fans are cringeworthy

Forest Green Bluebird
26-11-17, 16:28
Homophobia is rife in football and racism may not be as bad as it was in the seventies , but it's still around

Football should be a welcoming place for everyone , the pathetic chants against Brighton fans are cringeworthy

Not evident down in section 113 of the Ninian Stand at the CCS.

Perhaps its rife elsewhere in the stadium.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 16:32
Not evident down in section 113 of the Ninian Stand at the CCS.

Perhaps its rife elsewhere in the stadium.

If we drew Brighton in the cup the does your boyfriend know you are here chants would be coming from all parts of the ground

And if a player came out as gay football fans from every club would be giving him abuse

Anyone who thinks otherwise is talking nonsense

James fox
26-11-17, 16:39
If we drew Brighton in the cup the does your boyfriend know you are here chants would be coming from all parts of the ground

Do you really think that offends any Brighton Fan?.

Auntie Andy
26-11-17, 16:46
What a load of Rubbish.
Once again, The LGBTTMFI++ are ramming it down our throats.
While certain sections of society praise them for it.

Why are you so angry about this? What harm does it do? Are you homophobic?

James fox
26-11-17, 16:49

Why Can we not let people get on with the life they choose?.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 16:51
Do you really think that offends any Brighton Fan?.

Well I am not gay and I don't want to hear that sort of childish crap when we should be singing songs to get behind the team

I am not black either but do I have to be black to be offended by racism ?

It's my club and I want everyone to feel welcome , whatever their background and whatever they do in their private life

Anyone who moans about these sort of initiatives is either hiding in the closet or is very small minded , it's a drop in the ocean money wise compared to share going around in football

The kick racism out of football is also a very good campaign

Charlie
26-11-17, 16:52
Yawn Yawn Yawn

The media are so desperate for the first gay premier league footballer it’s probably stopping any gay footballers actually coming out.

I agree with that, the first player to come out is going to be under so much media scrutiny it has to be a stumbling block to coming out.
Unless it opens the floodgates and 3 or 4 follow swiftly on it's a big risk to the player.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 16:53

Homophobic or protesting a bit too much

Auntie Andy
26-11-17, 16:54

I don’t know what you mean :shrug:

James fox
26-11-17, 16:54
Well I am not gay and I don't want to hear that sort of childish crap when we should be singing songs to get behind the team

It's my club and I want everyone to feel welcome , whatever their background and whatever they do in their private life

Anyone who moans about these sort of initiatives is either hiding in the closet or is very small minded , it's a drop in the ocean money wise compared to share going around in football

A simple NO would have sufficed.
We both know that is the Truth.

Auntie Andy
26-11-17, 16:55

Here, here :ayatollah:

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 17:00
A simple NO would have sufficed.
We both know that is the Truth.

It needed more than a simple no due to the hysterical nature of your original contribution

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 17:01
Here, here :ayatollah:

Bluebirds !!!

ccfc_is_my_life
26-11-17, 17:02

Learn what from rugby in this respect, Sludge?

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 17:06

There's a gay ref that rugby fans still feel the need to mention (the fact he's gay)
Overall people aren't bothered and comment more on his ability as a good ref, sections will still make remarks though. So not sure what we would learn tbh.

2017 the year everyone is offended by everything all the time.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 17:08

Behaviour at the game , afterwards is a different matter as excessive drinking leads to all sorts of problems in town in the night

James fox
26-11-17, 17:09
Most people do not care if people are Gay or Not.
So why the need for this constant Barrage from the LGBTTMFI++ ?.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 17:11
There's a gay ref that rugby fans still feel the need to mention (the fact he's gay)
Overall people aren't bothered and comment more on his ability as a good ref, sections will still make remarks though. So not sure what we would learn tbh.

2017 the year everyone is offended by everything all the time.

If a ref came out as gay in football he would be the subject of pathetic abuse , it's as simple as that

I can't be bothered with this thread anymore , it's like pulling teeth

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 17:14

How do you know most people don't care if someone is gay anymore , the amount of homophobic hate crime such as people getting beaten up , simply because they are gay , is a disgrace in a civilised society

Countries like Holland , Germany and France are a lot more open minded than the Brits

Anyway I am off for a kebab

Forest Green Bluebird
26-11-17, 17:15

I think you're missing the point of the original post.

Small-minded? Who?

Auntie Andy
26-11-17, 17:17

I’ll tell you why there’s a “constant barrage” because these kind of things are is still happening in the world.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/chechnya-anti-gay-purge-victims-stripped-naked-beaten-electrocuted-torture-detain-human-rights-watch-a7757786.html

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/brutal-murder-gay-man-central-467665

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40643461

There were 7,194 attacks in England and Wales in the year to April 2016

dembethewarrior
If a ref came out as gay in football he would be the subject of pathetic abuse , it's as simple as that

I can't be bothered with this thread anymore , it's like pulling teeth

You get chanting in football you don't in rugby internationals.
Some chants are funny, some are offensive, it's done to put people off though.. I can't say I've heard a chant and thought "then horrible bastards mean it"

Forest Green Bluebird

Why are you asking this question?

Forest Green Bluebird
26-11-17, 17:20
I’ll tell you why there’s a “constant barrage” because these kind of things are is still happening in the world.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/chechnya-anti-gay-purge-victims-stripped-naked-beaten-electrocuted-torture-detain-human-rights-watch-a7757786.html

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/brutal-murder-gay-man-central-467665

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40643461

There were 7,194 attacks in England and Wales in the year to April 2016

Plymouth event 1995

Auntie Andy
26-11-17, 17:26
Plymouth event 1995

Exactly, going on then and still going on now, so what’s your point?

J R Hartley
26-11-17, 17:29
How do you know most people don't care if someone is gay anymore , the amount of homophobic hate crime such as people getting beaten up , simply because they are gay , is a disgrace in a civilised society

Countries like Holland , Germany and France are a lot more open minded than the Brits

Anyway I am off for a kebab

Thank **** for that

James fox
26-11-17, 17:35

Was in Chechnya, 100% convinced they would not worry about Does your boyfriend know are here chant to Brighton Supporters.

Auntie Andy
26-11-17, 17:43
Was in Chechnya, 100% convinced they would not worry about Does your boyfriend know are here chant to Brighton Supporters.

You obviously don’t get it. Read this and that’s my last post to you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40846848

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 17:47
Everyone is part of the problem in some way.

Can't be offended by gay chants, and make posts sexualising women you'd like to ****. That offends someone else.

Forest Green Bluebird
26-11-17, 18:22
Exactly, going on then and still going on now, so what’s your point?

You've googled homophobic attacks and come up with three links.

One of the links refers to 1995 ... 22 years ago.

Obviously a very sad event, but hardly worth bringing up in the context of my original post.

adz-a32
26-11-17, 18:39
ITT: homophobia doesn't exist coz I haven't seen it

Steve R
26-11-17, 18:47
'They' will just say it's racist because you refuse to wear black or brown laces. You can't win either way.

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 19:10
You've googled homophobic attacks and come up with three links.

One of the links refers to 1995 ... 22 years ago.

Obviously a very sad event, but hardly worth bringing up in the context of my original post.

Seen a bloke get punched in town for being gay once. Was told to talk like a man now a ponce..He spoke up and took a blow to the face.

Another time, not too long back, a man got beat up because a straight guy he went with (straight guys choice) got embarrassed when people found out and beat up the bloke the following week..He actually had a hiding after it because people didn't like what he did. He was on a pretty bad state and had the bruises for quite a while.

blue matt
26-11-17, 19:36
Seen a bloke get punched in town for being gay once. Was told to talk like a man now a ponce..He spoke up and took a blow to the face.

Another time, not too long back, a man got beat up because a straight guy he went with (straight guys choice) got embarrassed when people found out and beat up the bloke the following week..He actually had a hiding after it because people didn't like what he did. He was on a pretty bad state and had the bruises for quite a while.

I once saved a bloke from getting a beating after a small group of blokes saw him coming out of " Minskies " ( or whatever it was called ) back in the mid 90's, We went for a Curry after, nice enough lad, a little " camp " but it was all to show he was gay, he would only eat a Korma aswell :hehe: enough said :hehe:

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 19:38
I once saved a bloke from getting a beating after a small group of blokes saw him coming out of " Minskies " ( or whatever it was called ) back in the mid 90's, We went for a Curry after, nice enough lad, a little " camp " but it was all to show he was gay, he would only eat a Korma aswell :hehe: enough said :hehe:
I don't get the camp voice and the over excitedness of some gay men, but then again they probably don't care and it's none of my business.
People can be arseholes can't they unfortunately.

TH63
26-11-17, 19:43
For all I know I might be watching a gay bloke kicking a ball around every other week. Half the people who sit near me could be gay.

I DONT GIVE A SHIT.

I just can’t for the life of me understand why people have to make a song and dance out of it, have special flags, parades and Christ knows what else. I couldn’t give a toss what people, gay or straight, do in their bedrooms. If anything, THEY are making it a big deal with parades etc, just get on with it ffs.

blue matt
26-11-17, 19:43
I don't get the camp voice and the over excitedness of some gay men, but then again they probably don't care and it's none of my business.
People can be arseholes can't they unfortunately.

always reminds me of that guy from " are you being served "

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 19:55
always reminds me of that guy from " are you being served "

There are a couple of friends of friends who are like that. Can't understand why.
I was thinking could be a sort of "I'm gay deal with it" the way people make a huge point of doing it. Then there are gays who also dont get it..So **** knows.

Forest Green Bluebird
26-11-17, 20:16
For all I know I might be watching a gay bloke kicking a ball around every other week. Half the people who sit near me could be gay.

I DONT GIVE A SHIT.

I just can’t for the life of me understand why people have to make a song and dance out of it, have special flags, parades and Christ knows what else. I couldn’t give a toss what people, gay or straight, do in their bedrooms. If anything, THEY are making it a big deal with parades etc, just get on with it ffs.

Amen to that

(if that's not offending non-believers)

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 21:58
Amen to that

(if that's not offending non-believers)

Why are people bothered by the Mardi gras gay parade in Cardiff ?

If it offends or bothers you , don't fecking go !

I used to go to Minsky's , it's full of fit women all the time , they feel safe in such places

And then I turn up

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 22:01

I used to go to Minsky's , it's full of fit women all the time , they feel safe in such places

And then I turn up

Evening sludge.

Friendly question, as it's a Sunday and I'm bored. Why is it ok to sexualize women, but not ok to say nasty things about gays?

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:16
Evening sludge.

Friendly question, as it's a Sunday and I'm bored. Why is it ok to sexualize women, but not ok to say nasty things about gays?

I fancy women , some blokes fancy other men

And some are not sure , usually the ones who go on about gays all the time

It's as simple as that , because I fancy women , that's who I have sexual thoughts about if I am on the pull, as do straight women with blokes

If you are a gay man you have sexual thoughts about other men

It's nothing to do with sexualising women at all , if I my bank manager is a woman or a woman I am seeing is in a powerful job and earns loads of money then that's fine by me

I am sexy , not sexist

adz-a32
26-11-17, 22:18

It's as simple as that , because I fancy women , that's who I have sexual thoughts about if I am on the pull, as do straight women with blokes

It's nothing to do with sexualising women at all , if I my bank manager is a woman or a woman I am seeing is in a powerful job and earns loads of money then that's fine by me

I am sexy , not sexist

Don't forget those who fancy both cis-genders and/or non-binary genders

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:21

All the world's a stage mate , roll up and enjoy the party

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 22:27

I am sexy , not sexist

I didn't say sexist.

Saying "I'd shag xxx celebrity" is crude and offensive, just as bashing gays is.

But one is ok and the other isn't?

Vimto
26-11-17, 22:30

Aww F*ck them.

I think. :shrug:

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:33
I didn't say sexist.

Saying "I'd shag xxx celebrity" is crude and offensive, just as bashing gays is.

But one is ok and the other isn't?

I think you will find there is a huge difference between fancying a celebrity and chanting homophobic abuse at someone at a football match or waiting outside a gay club to give a person abuse or attacking them simply because they are gay

I mean I fancy the pants off Renee zellwegger I don't send her offensive letters or emails or wait outside film premieres to shout get your tits out

But I digress , football is for everyone , straight , gay , men , women , disabled people , ethnic minorities

Even people from Swansea

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 22:41
I think you will find there is a huge difference between fancying a celebrity and chanting homophobic abuse at someone at a football match or waiting outside a gay club to give a person abuse or attacking them simply because they are gay

I mean I fancy the pants off Renee zellwegger I don't send her offensive letters or emails or wait outside film premieres to shout get your tits out

But I digress , football is for everyone , straight , gay , men , women , disabled people , ethnic minorities

Even people from Swansea

Ask the women you write threads about how they feel when they read your comments. No different to workmen wolf whistling at women passing by, and that offends women.
Anti gay chanting is also offensive, so we have two offensive actions taking place. Seem the same to me.

TH63
26-11-17, 22:43

And then I turn up

It doesn’t bother me, I just don’t see the point.
If you go around shouting “look at me I’m different” long enough, then sooner or later someone’s gonna think you’re different.
If an LGBT person wants their sexuality to be, rightly, accepted as normal, then act normal and keep your sexual preferences private like the rest of us.

jackrabbit
26-11-17, 22:45

Because it's not enough for them to be accepted and left to get on with it. No they need to be 'celebrated'.

blue matt
26-11-17, 22:46
If you go around shouting “look at me I’m different” long enough, then sooner or later someone’s gonna think you’re different.
If an LGBT person wants their sexuality to be, rightly, accepted as normal, then act normal and keep your sexual preferences private like the rest of us.

Exactly :thumbup:

No need to wear leopard hotpants and a feather boa either, at least not out in public :wave:

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:49
Ask the women you write threads about how they feel when they read your comments. No different to workmen wolf whistling at women passing by, and that offends women.
Anti gay chanting is also offensive, so we have two offensive actions taking place. Seem the same to me.

Women who read the threads think it's hilarious , they know I am taking the piss out of myself , they have told me via pm

I would never intimidate a woman in the way you are suggesting , singing get your tits out for the lads used to be a regular chant when an attractive woman walked around a football ground , you wouldn't catch me joining in with that crap

You are just fishing for an arguement , you have already said you are bored

Even I am getting bored

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:51

I couldn't care less , if a gay bloke wants to wear tight rubber pants and dance around on Mardi gras day it doesn't bother me in the slightest

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:51
Because it's not enough for them to be accepted and left to get on with it. No they need to be 'celebrated'.

Oh Christ , more insecurity

jon1959
26-11-17, 22:53

:thumbup:

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 22:53
Women who read the threads think it's hilarious , they know I am taking the piss out of myself , they have told me via pm

I would never intimidate a woman in the way you are suggesting , singing get your tits out for the lads used to be a regular chant when an attractive woman walked around a football ground , you wouldn't catch me joining in with that crap

You are just fishing for an arguement , you have already said you are bored

Even I am getting bored

I'm bored but not fishing for an argument.

Of course the threads are funny, they don't offend me in the slightest...but to make the point..they aren't any different to get chants.

How was your kebab? I settled for 2 bags of Haribo and 4 litres of coke.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:54
Exactly :thumbup:

No need to wear leopard hotpants and a feather boa either, at least not out in public :wave:

Let em wear whatever they want , it's a good laugh , we should be celebrating diversity , not being bothered by it , it's 2017

TH63
26-11-17, 22:54
I couldn't care less , if a gay bloke wants to wear tight rubber pants and dance around on Mardi gras day it doesn't bother me in the slightest

Well it wouldn’t would it? You wear rubber pants and dance around to black sabbath all the time.

blue matt
26-11-17, 22:55
Let em wear whatever they want , it's a good laugh , we should be celebrating diversity , not being bothered by it , it's 2017

The point being, if they want to be accepted, why go out of the way to shock

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:55

Of course the threads are funny, they don't offend me in the slightest...but to make the point..they aren't any different to get chants.

We will have to disagree

I had a large doner with tomatoes , onions and green chillies

Noshed it down in no time

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:56
Well it wouldn’t would it? You wear rubber pants and dance around to black sabbath all the time.

Too right I do , I look very sexy as well

J R Hartley
26-11-17, 22:58

Sludge in a trying to show a modern, liberal attitude towards homosexuals, whilst being stuck in the dark ages with his attitude towards women.

I can see the double standards too.

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 22:59
We will have to disagree

I had a large doner with tomatoes , onions and green chillies

Noshed it down in no time

I agree I haven't exactly been easy to get on with today..bit of an awkward bastard in reality..but your a decent poster I wouldn't go out of my way to disagree for the sake of it.
Agree to disagree it will have to be.
I like salad, garlic, bbq and cheese on my chicken shish..cheese goes surprisingly well if they don't lumo it on.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 22:59
The point being, if they want to be accepted, why go out of the way to shock

If you are shocked by a gay bloke dressed in black leather wearing make up , holding hands with his boyfriend then you need to get with it

I am shocked by brutal murders , Donald trump , the suicide bombings going on all over the world etc

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 23:01
Sludge in a trying to show a modern, liberal attitude towards homosexuals, whilst being stuck in the dark ages with his attitude towards women.

I can see the double standards too.

You do realise it's all a big fecking piss take out of myself don't you ?

You are not that dumb are you ?

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 23:02
I agree I haven't exactly been easy to get on with today..bit of an awkward bastard in reality..but your a decent poster I wouldn't go out of my way to disagree for the sake of it.
Agree to disagree it will have to be.
I like salad, garlic, bbq and cheese on my chicken shish..cheese goes surprisingly well if they don't lumo it on.

I like a touch of cheese on my doner

J R Hartley
26-11-17, 23:06
You do realise it's all a big fecking piss take out of myself don't you ?

You are not that dumb are you ?
Yes, of course I know it’s a pisstake, but I’m sure some people, especially women, who don’t share your sense of humour would find it offensive.

And im also pretty sure those chanting “We can see you holding hands” think it’s a pisstake too.

SLUDGE FACTORY
26-11-17, 23:07
Yes, of course I know it’s a pisstake, but I’m sure some people, especially women, who don’t share your sense of humour would find it offensive.

And im also pretty sure those chanting “We can see you holding hands” think it’s a pisstake too.

That's not the feedback I have had

Croesy Blue
26-11-17, 23:40
Weird to see the snowflakes getting outraged about this. It raises awareness of homophobia and that football is inclusive of all people. There are no negative connotations of it at all.

TH63
26-11-17, 23:43
Weird to see the snowflakes getting outraged about this. It raises awareness of homophobia and that football is inclusive of all people. There are no negative connotations of it at all.

Who’s getting outraged?

My view is that homophobia is wrong, but making a big deal about being gay just plays into the bigots’ hands.

jackrabbit
26-11-17, 23:48
Oh Christ , more insecurity

Definitely not 'insecurity ' pal. Try 'irritated'.

Croesy Blue
26-11-17, 23:49
Who’s getting outraged?

My view is that homophobia is wrong, but making a big deal about being gay just plays into the bigots’ hands.

I thought the same until I saw the reason for gay pride etc. There is still huge discrimination and violence against gay people and it's used as a way of combating that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_pride

People are moaning about it, when I moan about something it's painted as outrage. I don't understand why anyone would have a negative opinion of something that's just showing solidarity and being inclusive of a group that faces discrimination.

Croesy Blue
26-11-17, 23:51
Definitely not 'insecurity ' pal. Try 'irritated'.

Why? What negative affect does it have on you?

TH63
26-11-17, 23:58
I thought the same until I saw the reason for gay pride etc. There is still huge discrimination and violence against gay people and it's used as a way of combating that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_pride

People are moaning about it, when I moan about something it's painted as outrage. I don't understand why anyone would have a negative opinion of something that's just showing solidarity and being inclusive of a group that faces discrimination.
I just think it’s counter productive.
In my view, if you want to show solidarity towards a gay friend, colleague or acquaintance, wouldn’t it be better to just treat them exactly the same as all your other non-gay friends, colleagues and acquaintances?

Why do we need “gay bars”? Why can’t we just have bars, where everyone just coexists side by side?

Surely if you have a gay bar (for example) aren’t you just setting yourself apart from the rest of society and putting a big target on your back?

It has absolutely zero impact on me, my concern is the potential negative impact on the gay community themselves, and I am still to see any sane reason why sexuality needs to be “celebrated”

dembethewarrior
26-11-17, 23:58
Why? What negative affect does it have on you?

Why you outraged?

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 00:11
In my view, if you want to show solidarity towards a gay friend, colleague or acquaintance, wouldn’t it be better to just treat them exactly the same as all your other non-gay friends, colleagues and acquaintances?

Why do we need “gay bars”? Why can’t we just have bars, where everyone just coexists side by side?

Surely if you have a gay bar (for example) aren’t you just setting yourself apart from the rest of society and putting a big target on your back?

It has absolutely zero impact on me, my concern is the potential negative impact on the gay community themselves, and I am still to see any sane reason why sexuality needs to be “celebrated”
The need for it to be celebrated is getting less and less and if everyone had an attitude like yours there would be zero need for it.

Have a look at the replies on twitter to any club mentioning the rainbow laces and you'll see why it's still needed.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 00:12
Why you outraged?
It's quite appropriate that you talk like a caveman.

James fox
27-11-17, 00:19

Here she is.
Offended because No-One is actually outraged.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 00:29
Here she is.
Offended because No-One is actually outraged.
Have you not realised yet I never respond to you because I think you're too thick to converse with?

I enjoy the discussion with JR Hartley and TH even if I don't always agree with them. You are just shite.

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 00:33
It's quite appropriate that you talk like a caveman.

Why? How is my attitude towards gay people caveman like then?

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 00:36
Why? How is my attitude towards gay people caveman like then?

It was a joke because you'd missed the 'are' out precious 😘

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 00:42
It was a joke because you'd missed the 'are' out precious 😘
I'm not offended I've asked a question...
No I didn't miss a word, as I type as I speak, so didn't miss anything out.
I get it sounds cavemen like..but your post suggests a bit more than a joke about a missing word.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 00:45
I'm not offended I've asked a question...
No I didn't miss a word, as I type as I speak, so didn't miss anything out.
I get it sounds cavemen like..but your post suggests a bit more than a joke about a missing word.
Calm down the outrage pal it's only words

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 00:50
Calm down the outrage pal it's only words

Saying it doesn't make it true, Lily.

Mrs Steve R
27-11-17, 00:51
The need for it to be celebrated is getting less and less and if everyone had an attitude like yours there would be zero need for it.

Have a look at the replies on twitter to any club mentioning the rainbow laces and you'll see why it's still needed.
So they don't stop homophobia then?

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 00:56
So they don't stop homophobia then?
No one is saying they are going to immediately stop homophobia though. Just as the kick it out campaign hasn't immediately stopped racism.

It helps highlight the problem though and will help reduce it just as racism as reduced massively at football in the last 25 years.

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 00:58
No one is saying they are going to immediately stop homophobia though. Just as the kick it out campaign hasn't immediately stopped racism.

It helps highlight the problem though and will help reduce it just as racism as reduced massively at football in the last 25 years.

Will make it happen less frequently, won't come close to completely stopping it.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 01:02
Will make it happen less frequently, won't come close to completely stopping it.

Less frequently is good isn't it?

You're always going to have racists and bigots but it will stop the casual homophobia from people who probably don't realise that it's that bad just as it did with racism in football.

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 01:07
Less frequently is good isn't it?

You're always going to have racists and bigots but it will stop the casual homophobia from people who probably don't realise that it's that bad just as it did with racism in football.

1 time less is better, so yes.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 01:08
The worst thing you can say about rainbow laces is you think they don't work, which is a fair enough opinion.

I fail to see what else you can have against them.

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 01:12
The worst thing you can say about rainbow laces is you think they don't work, which is a fair enough opinion.

I fail to see what else you can have against them.

Has no bearing on my life. Pointless moaning about it.

My opinion is there is no need to make a fuss, but when people do it doesn't bother me one bit. They can crack on.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 01:16
Fair enough my opinion is it does a good job of making football more inclusive and helps raise awareness of homophobia and the negatives around it.

It's made us debate it on here so if it gets people talking then it's doing its job.

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 01:21
Fair enough my opinion is it does a good job of making football more inclusive and helps raise awareness of homophobia and the negatives around it.

It's made us debate it on here so if it gets people talking then it's doing its job.

Awareness is a big thing I agree.

Mrs Steve R
27-11-17, 01:31

I don't have a problem with it, I'm just trying to understand how it helps, I'm of the opinion that if we are constantly pointing out peoples differences those differences will always be in peoples minds, I know I don't need reminding of it because I really don't care what other people do, it's nothing to do with me, I'd prefer a 'Mind your own business' campaign, that could just about cover everyone and everything. :biggrin:

27-11-17, 01:49

in a nut shell :thumbup:
I have to agree with you on your first point mate , :thumbup:
your 2nd point well we needed gay clubs , because the djs were the bollocks (pardon the pun) back in the day and
a hell of a lot better than the "straight clubs" :music:
and your point about sexuality well I think that's a personal thing

lardy
27-11-17, 08:42

Gay bars are different to rainbow laces. We have them as there is commercial demand. It would be a wonderful world if everyone just coexists side by side but, newsflash, the world doesn't work that way. We have gay bars because seeing two men kissing in a club drives some people, not all people not a majority of people and probably less people than in years past, to violence.

TH63
27-11-17, 08:44
Gay bars are different to rainbow laces. We have them as there is commercial demand. It would be a wonderful world if everyone just coexists side by side but, newsflash, the world doesn't work that way. We have gay bars because seeing two men kissing in a club drives some people, not all people not a majority of people and probably less people than in years past, to violence.

I see your point, but isn’t that a bit like segregation?

lardy
27-11-17, 08:56
I see your point, but isn’t that a bit like segregation?

Of course it's not, segregation is something that's enforced.

blue matt
27-11-17, 09:11
Of course it's not, segregation is something that's enforced.

Not always

Can you not choose to segregate yourself from others ? ?

From dictionary.com
the act or practice of segregating; a setting apart or separation of people or things from others or from the main body or group

lardy
27-11-17, 09:15
Not always

Can you not choose to segregate yourself from others ? ?

From dictionary.com
the act or practice of segregating; a setting apart or separation of people or things from others or from the main body or group

Gay bars don't exclude straight people. And if they did, they would follow through on their rules, i.e. enforce them.

blue matt
27-11-17, 09:22
Gay bars don't exclude straight people. And if they did, they would follow through on their rules, i.e. enforce them.

No

But Gays go into Gay bars and " segregate " themselves from others

I know full well the reason they do, I have gay friends and I mentioned above a incident outsides Minskies, but it always struck me they " took themselves away to be with like minded people "

lardy
27-11-17, 09:35
No

But Gays go into Gay bars and " segregate " themselves from others

I know full well the reason they do, I have gay friends and I mentioned above a incident outsides Minskies, but it always struck me they " took themselves away to be with like minded people "

And Cardiff City fans segregate themselves from Swansea City fans by going to the CCS every other week instead of the Liberty, to also be with like minded people.

But the word segregation has unsavoury connotations, and that's how I took it that TH63 meant it. Maybe he didn't. I think of racial segregation or away fan segregation, where some authority says "you, go over there and stay there".

blue matt
27-11-17, 09:51
And Cardiff City fans segregate themselves from Swansea City fans by going to the CCS every other week instead of the Liberty, to also be with like minded people.

But the word segregation has unsavoury connotations, and that's how I took it that TH63 meant it. Maybe he didn't. I think of racial segregation or away fan segregation, where some authority says "you, go over there and stay there".

Indeed, the word often does have unsavoury connotations

I was just pointing out that it is not always " something that's enforced. ", you can choose to segregate yourself

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 10:29
Indeed, the word often does have unsavoury connotations

I was just pointing out that it is not always " something that's enforced. ", you can choose to segregate yourself

Ah pointless semantics, the best addition to any discussion !

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-11-17, 11:44
The reason why there are gay bars or gay friendly pubs is simple ......if two men were seen holding hands or snogging in a club or bar in st Mary street on a Saturday night it wouldn't be long before some pissed up insecure bully boy gave them grief or worse, gay bars are places where gay people feel safe

A lot of straight people seem to hate the idea of two men kissing yet go into most clubs on most Saturday nights and you will see people kissing ...it's life , just accept it or don't watch !!

blue matt
27-11-17, 12:29
The reason why there are gay bars or gay friendly pubs is simple ......if two men were seen holding hands or snogging in a club or bar in st Mary street on a Saturday night it wouldn't be long before some pissed up insecure bully boy gave them grief or worse, gay bars are places where gay people feel safe

A lot of straight people seem to hate the idea of two men kissing yet go into most clubs on most Saturday nights and you will see people kissing ...it's life , just accept it or don't watch !!

In Australia back in the 90's they used to have a " red Upside down Triangle " ( base at the top ) to signify is was a " gay safe bar ", it worked well and everyobe knew where they stood :thumbup:

TH63
27-11-17, 13:00

Obviously it’s not enforced segregation, but imho if a section of society needs their own bars then something is wrong with society. By retaining your own bar or club then surely you are perpetuating the idea that you are different, something to be kept separate from other people?

Taunton Blue Genie
27-11-17, 13:14
In Australia back in the 90's they used to have a " red Upside down Triangle " ( base at the top ) to signify is was a " gay safe bar ", it worked well and everyobe knew where they stood :thumbup:

And I only popped in for a Toblerone....

ccfc_is_my_life
27-11-17, 13:20
Obviously it’s not enforced segregation, but imho if a section of society needs their own bars then something is wrong with society. By retaining your own bar or club then surely you are perpetuating the idea that you are different, something to be kept separate from other people?

It's not a case of "needing" own bars but "wanting" own bars. There's nothing per se wrong with that - after all, bars/clubs can be themed of music genre. What I find wrong with it is that it's acceptable to self segregate based upon professed sexuality yet it would be wrong to segregate ( self or otherwise ) based upon say skin colour or race.

With regards to your last point, it's the case of wanting to accentuate being different whilst also rightly wanting equality. With regard to that, I don't find there's much difference with a club having for example a goth night.

lardy
27-11-17, 13:53

They're not all living on an island together, it's just bars.

I do agree that it shows there is something wrong with society, but I sense that you think it's the opening of gay friendly bars that is the issue, whereas I would say it's the threatening behaviour of some towards gay people.

I don't think you're homophobic but I sense that homosexuality makes you a bit uncomfortable. That's fairly common and I think it's another reason that a gay person might want to 'segregate' themselves from time to time. Not all gay people are the flaming type, most do just want a quiet life which means being more closed about their private life than a straight person would be (how many small talk conversations are "how's the wife", "how's the kids", etc). I wouldn't blame any gay person for wanting an atmosphere where they can let their guard down a little bit.

As an example, I have a female colleague who has adopted kids with her female partner. We were talking about the kids and I said something about her husband and she had to say "well actually...." to correct me. It was clearly awkward for her because she didn't know how I would react and that's the kind of conversation she goes through very regularly. I really don't think it's as simple for gay people as others think it is/should be.

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-11-17, 14:23
Homosexuality makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable , I don't understand that reaction at all

And there are quite a few people out there who are prepared to give someone a kicking just because they are gay

Steve R
27-11-17, 15:33
Can anyone see anything wrong with this?

blue matt
27-11-17, 15:40

We all knew it was coming, Yes the BBC need to fill " quota's " to please the P.C crowds, oh sorry i mean to have board range of employers from all races and sexual preferences so they can give a balanced view

Now can you imagine the uproar if the advert said " this internship is only open to whites "

The more people accept it, the worse it will become

27-11-17, 15:49

THIS INTERNSHIP IS ONLYOPEN TO CANDIDATES FROM A
BLACK, ASIAN OR NON-WHITE ETHNIC MINORITY BACK-GROUND

facking all imagine the out rage if the ad said
"ITS ONLY OPEN TO PEOPLE OF A WHILE ETHNIC BACKGROUND"

surely ethnic background is irrelevant

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 15:52

Where's that from? There is no way that is real surely :hehe:

It doesn't look anything like the BBC careers website anyway and is worded like it's been written by a genuine simpleton.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 15:55
Here's the actual link the that job, looks like it's been copied and pasted into a jpeg file and changed

https://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunity/trainee-broadcast-journalist/

My mistake it is actually on that link, how crazy is that

James fox
27-11-17, 15:58
Where's that from? There is no way that is real surely :hehe:

It doesn't look anything like the BBC careers website anyway and is worded like it's been written by a genuine simpleton.

The old it must be Fake Excuse.
:hehe:

blue matt
27-11-17, 16:00
surely ethnic background is irrelevant

Officially the BBC must have a board range of employers from all races and sexual preferences so they can give a balanced view.
I heard a Radio program on it once :thumbup:

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:03
Officially the BBC must have a board range of employers from all races and sexual preferences so they can give a balanced view.
I can understand that but surely jobs should still be open to everyone so the best person for the job gets it.

I agree with some positive discrimination at the interview stage because minorities do get overlooked but excluding white people completely from applying seems stiupid.

tomm
27-11-17, 16:05

I work in the media. It is one of the least representative industries going. Absolutely chock full of white middle class youngsters. Nothing wrong with schemes to redress the balance.

blue matt
27-11-17, 16:06
I can understand that but surely jobs should still be open to everyone so the best person for the job gets it.

I agree with some positive discrimination at the interview stage because minorities do get overlooked but excluding white people completely from applying seems stiupid.

Not according to the radio program i heard, as its a public service, they can advertise to specific sections of society so they can fill roles to give a balanced view

they used to say " preference will be given to CANDIDATES FROM A
BLACK, ASIAN OR NON-WHITE ETHNIC MINORITY BACK-GROUND " but still had others apply, to save time and money ( the license payers money ) they can target specific types

this was on 1extra

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:10
Not according to the radio program i heard, as its a public service, they can advertise to specific sections of society so they can fill roles to give a balanced view

they used to say " preference will be given to CANDIDATES FROM A
BLACK, ASIAN OR NON-WHITE ETHNIC MINORITY BACK-GROUND " but still had others apply, to save time and money ( the license payers money ) they can target specific types

this was on 1extra
Interesting :thumbup:

The bbc is very white middle class, are their similar schemes for working class kids to get a leg up?

dembethewarrior

They must also habe a certain amount of talking and can't just play music flat out...hence all the crap they spout all day long.

SLUDGE FACTORY
The old it must be Fake Excuse.
:hehe:

That's because it is a fake , it is doing the rounds now and appears on the arsehole Tommy Robinson of the English defence league page

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 16:12

What if they opened it to everyone and the best candidate always happened to be white? How do they fill the quota then?

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:14
Wbat if they opwned it to everyone and the beat candidate always happened to be white? How do they fill the quota then?
It should work itself out , talent isn't linked to race, religion, disability in sectors like this. Probability wise most sectors should be a reflection of society with slight deviation due to better educations

The quota isn't there for the sake of being filled it's because certain people were being over looked when they shouldn't have been.

The best candidate should always get the job.

SLUDGE FACTORY
27-11-17, 16:16
I am out of here , this site is turning more fecking ignorant by the day ......the homeless, big issue sellers , gays , them bloody ethnics , is there anyone else ?

The disabled ? Single parents ? People who drive a ford focus ?

Jesus wept

blue matt
27-11-17, 16:16
Interesting :thumbup:

The bbc is very white middle class, are their similar schemes for working class kids to get a leg up?

Honestly dont know, as this was on 1extra, it was very much from the black persons point of view :thumbup:

Steve R
27-11-17, 16:17
That's because it is a fake , it is doing the rounds now and appears on the arsehole Tommy Robinson of the English defence league page

It's definitely not fake.

27-11-17, 16:18

I do like the " officially " matt :hehe:
well ive noticed a class preference with the bbc
as opposed to ethnicity
it makes you laugh don't it
what ever happened to
"best man/woman for the job"
"work hard and you will be rewarded"

The Bob Banker Spanker
27-11-17, 16:20
People who drive a ford focus ?

Aka the “super rich”

Henry Hill
27-11-17, 16:22
What if they opened it to everyone and the best candidate always happened to be white? How do they fill the quota then?

I dont know why hes arguing it. Its pretty ****ing obvious thats how the like of Garth Crooks got jobs on the BBC because of their skin colour, and not their ability.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:23
as opposed to ethnicity
what ever happened to

But that's what it is trying to redress in fairness, plenty of people were working hard and not being rewarded because their face didn't fit.

A lot of it starts earlier than the job application process though like the lack of girls doing stem subjects at school.

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 16:24
It should work itself out , talent isn't linked to race, religion, disability in sectors like this. Probability wise most sectors should be a reflection of society with slight deviation due to better educations

The quota isn't there for the sake of being filled it's because certain people were being over looked when they shouldn't have been.

The best candidate should always get the job.

Oh ok. Should work itself out. Ok then.
No need to advertise for what a company needs as some bloke on the internet said it will all work out :hehe:

Should always be the best man for the job. Unfortunately this lot need to hit a certain quota..imagine going for a job, being the beat candidate, and missing out because you're not an ethnic minority...sometimes it's just best to advertise for what they need...

Henry Hill
27-11-17, 16:25
Im all for them having their own bars. Dont have to watch them mincing about and screeching when trying to watch the football down my local.

Henry Hill
27-11-17, 16:26
No need to advertise for what a company needs as some bloke on the internet said it will all work out :hehe:

Should always be the best man for the job. Unfortunately this lot need to hit a certain quota..imagine going for a job, being the beat candidate, and missing out because you're not an ethnic minority...sometimes it's just best to advertise for what they need...

He lives in fantasy land that one.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:30

What do you mean, statistically it should work itself out. If you're always employing the best person for the job it should accurately reflect the sociology of the society.

I agree the company doesn't need to advertise, I'm saying I think that application is stupid.

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 16:33
What do you mean, statistically it should work itself out. If you're always employing the best person for the job it should accurately reflect the sociology of the society.

I agree the company doesn't need to advertise, I'm saying I think that application is stupid.

10000 go for 100 jobs.

What if the top 100 are all white. How do they hit a quota then?
I don't think it's right they can advertise like this, as there would be uproar if it was whites only, but seeing as most of the people working there are likely white.. they are just asking for what they need to please the pc brigade.

27-11-17, 16:37
10000 go for 100 jobs.

I don't think it's right they can advertise like this, as there would be uproar if it was whites only, but seeing as most of the people working there are likely white.. they are just asking for what they need to please the pc brigade.

Pleasing the pc brigade
I say fack em

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:39
10000 go for 100 jobs.

Statisticaly 98 out of 100 should be white.

The quotas aren't there to be met, or at least they shouldn't be, they should just be used so everyone gets a fair chance at the interview stage because historically that hasn't happened.

It isn't just to do with skin colour though, women are definitely under represented in a lot of sectors too.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:40
Pleasing the pc brigade
I say fack em

It isn't to please the PC brigade though, its to make sure everyone gets a fair chance Because they weren't getting that based on their sex or their race.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:41
I am out of here , this site is turning more fecking ignorant by the day ......the homeless, big issue sellers , gays , them bloody ethnics , is there anyone else ?

Jesus wept

Too many people taking everything the right wing media takes as gospel and getting taken in by the fear mongering.

27-11-17, 16:43
It isn't to please the PC brigade though, its to make sure everyone gets a fair chance Because they weren't getting that based on their sex or their race.

But its not though is it

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:45
But its not though is it

Yes it is, how many companies have you worked in where any minority is over represented?

My last uk office was in central London and there were 2 black guys in an office of hundreds.

The way people are going on it's like white people are being squeezed out when they aren't. The best people are still being employed and always will be.

Henry Hill
27-11-17, 16:49

Jesus wept

Thank **** for that. We might have something that slightly resembles a football forum without all the shit "look at me,me,me" threads you start.

Flouncing because people dont agree with you.

Shut the door on your way out you drama queen.

blue matt
27-11-17, 16:51
The way people are going on it's like white people are being squeezed out when they aren't. The best people are still being employed and always will be.

From that advert they are not being squeezed out, they are not even being let in

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:54
From that advert they are not being squeezed out, they are not even being let in
It could be a one off but yeah I think it's ridiculous to put out an advert like that.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 16:55
Thank **** for that. We might have something that slightly resembles a football forum without all the shit "look at me,me,me" threads you start.

Flouncing because people dont agree with you. What an absolute quim.

No one is forcing you to open the threads snowflake, you could just ignore them if they don't interest you. That's what I do with your posts and it works for me.

Henry Hill
27-11-17, 16:57
No one is forcing you to open the threads snowflake, you could just ignore them if they don't interest you. That's what I do with your posts and it works for me.

Clearly

27-11-17, 17:00
[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;4811700]Yes it is, how many companies have you worked in where any minority is over represented?

My last uk office was in central London and there were 2 black guys in an office of hundreds.

well "2 black guys" is represented for every 100 employees is about right
so you don't agree the best man/person gets the job
the point I am making the ad for the job is totally out of order
it would be totally out of order if it just asked for white people

I am the only non English Male here in my work environment (I am in Kent)
I got the job because I was the best person to fill the post (not because there wasn't any taffs working here...im the only one)
by your rational there should be more of us here :hehe:
I have interviewed people for jobs here
gender, ethnicity , sexual persuasion have never been a factor in who I give the job too
im certainly not giving a job purely for tokenism
that would be unfair on the person who should get the job in the first place
surely it would

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 17:01
Clearly

Thats the first and this the last response you'll get from me. Someone clearly as thick as you isn't worth the time 👋

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 17:03
[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;4811700]Yes it is, how many companies have you worked in where any minority is over represented?

well "2 black guys" is represented for every 100 employees is about right
so you don't agree the best man/person gets the job
the point I am making the ad for the job is totally out of order
it would be totally out of order if it just asked for white people

I am the only non English Male here in my work environment (I am in Kent)
I got the job because I was the best person to fill the post (not because there wasn't any taffs working here...im the only one)
by your rational there should be more of us here :hehe:
I have interviewed people for jobs here
gender, ethnicity , sexual persuasion have never been a factor in who I give the job too
im certainly not giving a job purely for tokenism
that would be unfair on the person who should get the job in the first place
surely it would

I think we are basically in complete agreement tbh. I think the problem is not everyone was as open as you when hiring people so quotas were brought in to try and give everyone a fair shot when that hasn't always happened.

The best person for the job should always be the one who gets it.

jon1959
27-11-17, 17:10
It could be a one off but yeah I think it's ridiculous to put out an advert like that.

It seems to be a BBC policy to target trainee posts at under-represented communities. The usual tabloids got their union jack knickers in a twist about this 18 months ago - and the BBC set out its stance then. Doesn't appear to have changed if the advert is genuine:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36443113

It is an ethical and legal minefield, but I don't mind what they're doing if it is just selected trainee positions - provided that anyone can apply for proper jobs. Even then I am happy with ensuring a range of applicants are shortlisted as long as the appointment criteria apply equally to all candidates.

I might take more notice of the criticism if the opponents of this were equally worried about historic discrimination perpetuated through recruitment in the recruiters own likeness, the leg up predominantly white middle class kids get through internships (connections and money needed to start career) and any other hurdles and abuses in the labour market.

27-11-17, 17:11
[QUOTE=I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS;4811718]

I think we are basically in complete agreement tbh. I think the problem is not everyone was as open as you when hiring people so quotas were brought in to try and give everyone a fair shot when that hasn't always happened.

so maybe the idea of quotas are the problem crosey
because they can be exploited mate

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 17:12
Statisticaly 98 out of 100 should be white.

The quotas aren't there to be met, or at least they shouldn't be, they should just be used so everyone gets a fair chance at the interview stage because historically that hasn't happened.

It isn't just to do with skin colour though, women are definitely under represented in a lot of sectors too.

98 percent of the working population white is It? I honestly wouldn't know.
Agree with the rest.

blue matt
27-11-17, 17:15
as opposed to ethnicity
what ever happened to

Hmmmm what about if you are " gender neutral " :hehe:

seriously though, back in the old days we know that we used to discriminate against ethnic minorities, we appear to have gone full circle now :angry:

best person for the job is the way it should be, the more people who challenge the situation we are in now, the quicker the balance will readdress itself, if we pander to the situation it will only get worse

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 17:17
98 percent of the working population white is It? I honestly wouldn't know.
Agree with the rest.

I think about 90% of the uk is white, I know in my industry it's around that. Would be shocked if its different in many sectors but I can't find anything on the ONS about it.

blue matt
27-11-17, 17:20
It seems to be a BBC policy to target trainee posts at under-represented communities.

Not just the BBC, the Police are at it aswell

[QUOTE=I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS;4811718]

dembethewarrior
I think about 90% of the uk is white, I know in my industry it's around that. Would be shocked if its different in many sectors but I can't find anything on the ONS about it.

Sounds about right.

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 17:21
[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;4811722]

There needs to be a balance I agree, all I want is everyone to get a fair chance in life and I think we've gone in the right direction.

For me education is just as big a barrier, I've not worked with many other working class people nor was I in university with many. The standard of free education in this country is one of the biggest barriers to fairness.

27-11-17, 17:33
Hmmmm what about if you are " gender neutral " :hehe:

seriously though, back in the old days we know that we used to discriminate against ethnic minorities, we appear to have gone full circle now :angry:

best person for the job is the way it should be, the more people who challenge the situation we are in now, the quicker the balance will readdress itself, if we pander to the situation it will only get worse

gender neutral :hehe:
are they the ones who you don't distinguish themselves as a man or a woman ?
or are the ones who
today they want or fee like a man and tomorrow they may feel like a woman ?
ok I'm being facetious :hehe:
society has been pandering for a long long time now mate

27-11-17, 17:41
[QUOTE=I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS;4811737]
There needs to be a balance I agree, all I want is everyone to get a fair chance in life and I think we've gone in the right direction.

For me education is just as big a barrier, I've not worked with many other working class people nor was I in university with many. The standard of free education in this country is one of the biggest barriers to fairness.

education is a huge barrier mate
I did make a point earlier on the thread that's I think its may be more a class issue than a race or ethnicity
I mean the controller of bbc did not go to a comprehensive school or was brought up on a council estate was he
I am not saying there is anything wrong with that , most of us here was too

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 18:16
Not just the BBC, the Police are at it aswell

The police could do with a bit of diversity tbf

adz-a32
27-11-17, 19:44
don't you lot have better things to do than moan about PC?

TH63
27-11-17, 21:01
They're not all living on an island together, it's just bars.

I do agree that it shows there is something wrong with society, but I sense that you think it's the opening of gay friendly bars that is the issue, whereas I would say it's the threatening behaviour of some towards gay people.

I don't think you're homophobic but I sense that homosexuality makes you a bit uncomfortable. That's fairly common and I think it's another reason that a gay person might want to 'segregate' themselves from time to time. Not all gay people are the flaming type, most do just want a quiet life which means being more closed about their private life than a straight person would be (how many small talk conversations are "how's the wife", "how's the kids", etc). I wouldn't blame any gay person for wanting an atmosphere where they can let their guard down a little bit.

As an example, I have a female colleague who has adopted kids with her female partner. We were talking about the kids and I said something about her husband and she had to say "well actually...." to correct me. It was clearly awkward for her because she didn't know how I would react and that's the kind of conversation she goes through very regularly. I really don't think it's as simple for gay people as others think it is/should be.

I don’t think of myself as homophonic at all, I admit I don’t like to see two guys kissing, but my point is that if we truly want an integrated society where black/white/gay/straight are absolutely accepted as equals then we should all use the same bars/clubs/restaurants/whatever.
I don’t feel the need to “celebrate” my sexuality, I am what I am. Why can’t gay people be the same? I get that there are bigots out there still, but I believe that the best way to beat the bigots is by integrating into society not setting yourself aside as “different” thereby perpetuating the myth that you’re, well, different.

rudy gestede
27-11-17, 21:19
But you don't mind seeing a guy kissing a woman?

blue matt
27-11-17, 21:27
if we truly want an integrated society where black/white/gay/straight are absolutely accepted as equals then we should all use the same bars/clubs/restaurants/whatever.
I don’t feel the need to “celebrate” my sexuality, I am what I am. Why can’t gay people be the same? I get that there are bigots out there still, but I believe that the best way to beat the bigots is by integrating into society not setting yourself aside as “different” thereby perpetuating the myth that you’re, well, different.

A point well made :thumbup:

In todays society, not many care if you are gay or straight, it doesnt matter
The youngsters really do not see it, it truly is a non-event, yes the gays still do the pride thing, still segregate themselves in bars / clubs, it must be time for all that to stop now and move on, no-one really cares

Vimto
27-11-17, 21:31

Flouncing because people dont agree with you.

I responded to this 'robustly' earlier as it is out of order.
'Oddly', while this ^^ pile of insult remains, my response was just removed?
Familiar practice of late.

Why and by whom?

Please do NOT delete this post - how about answer please 'Moderator'.

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 21:32
But you don't mind seeing a guy kissing a woman?

Was in Sainsbury's before work tonight. Man and a woman kissing with him lifting her off the floor etc as I went up the escalators...I'm not a fan of that either personally.
Told many a person in the pub I worked at to "put eachother down" as nobody wanted to see it. Keep it for the bedroom..

Vimto
27-11-17, 21:34

The youngsters really do not see it, it truly is a non-event, yes the gays still do the pride thing, still segregate themselves in bars / clubs, it must be time for all that to stop now and move on, no-one really cares

Oh look who is about...

rudy gestede
27-11-17, 21:34

Do you think gay people probably know more about it that you do? Gay people are still attacked and abused and discriminated against.

It's better than it was 10 years ago but it's no where near as idyllic as you paint it.

Baloo
27-11-17, 21:52
I don’t feel the need to “celebrate” my sexuality,
This would be fun to watch though imo.

27-11-17, 21:54
Do you think gay people probably know more about it that you do? Gay people are still attacked and abused and discriminated against.

It's better than it was 10 years ago but it's no where near as idyllic as you paint it.

aww mate that must of been terrible for you
there are always a minority who will attack anyone for being different
but as you say you find it better than it was 10 years ago :thumbup:

blue matt
27-11-17, 22:05
Oh look who is about...

:wave: i have been on and off here all day, did you worry I was ill or something ? ? ?

rudy gestede
27-11-17, 22:11
aww mate that must of been terrible for you
there are always a minority who will attack anyone for being different
but as you say you find it better than it was 10 years ago :thumbup:

Are you trying to use being gay as an insult here? The state of the board these days, have we had the run off from **** or something?

27-11-17, 22:22
Are you trying to use being gay as an insult here? The state of the board these days, have we had the run off from **** or something?

dear me , no
calm down love you were saying how no one would know how a gay person feels and how they have abuse
but its not as a bad as it was 10 years ago . now I wasn't for one moment trying to insult you or belittle you
I misunderstood what you was saying

because I don't know how anyone feels so I cant speak for others
I was trying to be sympathetic towards you

Croesy Blue
27-11-17, 22:30
dear me , no
calm down love you were saying how no one would know how a gay person feels and how they have abuse
but its not as a bad as it was 10 years ago . now I wasn't for one moment trying to insult you or belittle you

Bloody hell when you think you've seen it all on here, this board is definitely getting more backwards.

rudy gestede
27-11-17, 22:31
dear me , no

You are one weird ****

Vimto
27-11-17, 23:12
:wave: i have been on and off here all day, did you worry I was ill or something ? ? ?

No, I didnt miss you, I was asking - in the post above it - if you have been 'moderating ' in favour of those you favour, and against those who you don't.?
Have you been doing that Matt? It's happening regularly now. People (that's plural) are noticing.
If not you, then - who is doing it. Someone is doing it? Any ideas?

blue matt
27-11-17, 23:20
No, I didnt miss you, I was asking - in the post above it - if you have been 'moderating ' in favour of those you favour, and against those who you don't.?
Have you been doing that Matt? It's happening regularly now. People (that's plural) are noticing.
If not you, then - who is doing it. Someone is doing it? Any ideas?

While i really do not need to answer you, if it stops you whining, here you go

I have edited Henry hill's post ( the one you quoted ) I edited out the OTT abuse in it ( i guess you didnt see that )
I have deleted 4 posts in this thread, the thread was going well, it was a fairly good discussion with both sides not resulting to the OTT abuse, one being rudy, he then posted it again in a less abusive way, thus it stayed

I have said it before, if you have a issue with my moderating, PM me, a few have, i explain what i have edited and thats it, if that doesnt suit you, PM Mike about it,

lardy
27-11-17, 23:26
I don’t think of myself as homophonic at all, I admit I don’t like to see two guys kissing, but my point is that if we truly want an integrated society where black/white/gay/straight are absolutely accepted as equals then we should all use the same bars/clubs/restaurants/whatever.

On one hand you don't want to see men kissing but you're also against gay people voluntarily going to places where they can spare you watching?

What you actually want is for gay people to not make any public reference to their sexuality because it makes you uncomfortable, and this is why we don't have the equal and fair society you want. That's not accepting them as equals.

adz-a32
27-11-17, 23:28
dear me , no

SMFH

Vimto
27-11-17, 23:33

I have edited Henry hill's post ( the one you quoted ) I edited out the OTT abuse in it ( i guess you didnt see that )
I have deleted 4 posts in this thread, the thread was going well, it was a fairly good discussion with both sides not resulting to the OTT abuse, one being rudy, he then posted it again in a less abusive way, thus it stayed

I have said it before, if you have a issue with my moderating, PM me, a few have, i explain what i have edited and thats it, if that doesnt suit you, PM Mike about it,

"whining" .. :shrug: "dont need to answer"
feck me ..

I will do as you suggest.
I hope you continue to try to remain even handed.

I'll tell you what though - I will not simply "PM you" - If something needs saying 'out in the open' I will.
Even now, it is abundantly clear that you are happy to take the time to edity-wedity some peoples posts ( - bless - who we can assume somehow resonates with your own 'sensibilities') whist others (who don't) just get summarily deleted.

That is plainly the case - so what is the point of me, or anyone 'PM'ing' you to point that? What you are apparently doing needs open discussion TBH.
Myself and Lecter did point this out, openly, to Mike last time we both saw it happen.
Not seen Dr Lecter around here recently.

lardy
27-11-17, 23:50

Clearly it's not accepted by everyone, this thread proves that. If anything, the ones defending gay people are in the minority here.

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 23:53
Clearly it's not accepted by everyone, this thread proves that. If anything, the ones defending gay people are in the minority here.

Easy way to solve this.

Hands up who don't mind gays...aye.

blue matt
27-11-17, 23:56

What is to defend though ? ? ? nothing

The discussion has shown that most see no issues with being gay, nothing at all

blue matt
27-11-17, 23:57
Easy way to solve this.

Hands up who don't mind gays...aye.

Keeping it out in the open eh :hehe:

dembethewarrior
27-11-17, 23:59
Keeping it out in the open eh :hehe:

Easiest way to get a count init..seems as people think the board is full of hate.

I for one have No issue with anyone's sexual preference, or if they want to be changed from Stan to Sharon.

lardy
28-11-17, 00:04
What is to defend though ? ? ? nothing

The discussion has shown that most see no issues with being gay, nothing at all

Some of those say they have no issues with gays but also want gay bars to be closed down, which is something that doesn't quite click with me.

TH63
28-11-17, 06:06
On one hand you don't want to see men kissing but you're also against gay people voluntarily going to places where they can spare you watching?

What you actually want is for gay people to not make any public reference to their sexuality because it makes you uncomfortable, and this is why we don't have the equal and fair society you want. That's not accepting them as equals.

No, I don’t like to see two blokes kissing, but then again, I would disapprove of a similar hetrosexual public display in my local. I haven’t been to a club or disco, where That is appropriate, for 25 years.

I don’t think gay people should make a big song and dance about being gay, not because it makes me feel uncomfortable, but because I think ones sexuality is personal and nobody else’s business. Only gay people seem to want to make their sexuality other people’s business for some reason and I think it’s counter productive to their wish to be accepted.

TH63
28-11-17, 06:08
Some of those say they have no issues with gays but also want gay bars to be closed down, which is something that doesn't quite click with me.
To be clear, I’m not saying a gay bar should be closed down, I am merely suggesting that in 2017 they shouldn’t be needed.

Croesy Blue
28-11-17, 06:17
To be clear, I’m not saying a gay bar should be closed down, I am merely suggesting that in 2017 they shouldn’t be needed.

You realise the main need of them isn't to segregate anyone these days right? It just makes it easier to meet someone just like I would in a normal bar or you would at the church Sunday picnic.

TH63
28-11-17, 06:22
You realise the main need of them isn't to segregate anyone these days right? It just makes it easier to meet someone just like I would in a normal bar or you would at the church Sunday picnic.
I hadn’t considered that tbf

And I’ve never been on a church picnic btw

lardy
28-11-17, 06:38

It's probably for gay teenagers to decide if they're needed, not straight middle aged guys.

Croesy Blue
28-11-17, 07:00
It's probably for gay teenagers to decide if they're needed, not straight middle aged guys.
I'll think you'll find bluematt has decided everything is fine for gay people now and they just need to shut up about it and drink in walkabout with him.

rudy gestede
28-11-17, 07:01

You deleted my post too. You're always at it, thick as sh*t but think everyone's wrong but you.

lardy
28-11-17, 07:07
No, I don’t like to see two blokes kissing, but then again, I would disapprove of a similar hetrosexual public display in my local. I haven’t been to a club or disco, where That is appropriate, for 25 years.

I don’t think gay people should make a big song and dance about being gay, not because it makes me feel uncomfortable, but because I think ones sexuality is personal and nobody else’s business. Only gay people seem to want to make their sexuality other people’s business for some reason and I think it’s counter productive to their wish to be accepted.

Lots of gay people also dislike Pride. I think for those who take part it's a reaction against having to hide their sexuality for decades. Personally, I find it very easy to ignore.

Vimto
28-11-17, 08:56
Lots of gay people also dislike Pride. I think for those who take part it's a reaction against having to hide their sexuality for decades. Personally, I find it very easy to ignore.

In a nutshell. I know several Gay folks who are not into Pride, nor similar.

For all of us the event can be easily enjoyed, or easily avoided.

Croesy Blue
28-11-17, 10:49
https://www.terriersfc.co.uk/single-post/2017/11/15/Neville-Southall-on-Homophobia-in-football

blue matt
28-11-17, 18:25

You deleted my post too. You're always at it, thick as sh*t but think everyone's wrong but you.

:sherlock::sherlock: You related to Einstein ? ? ?

Croesy Blue
28-11-17, 18:55

There's plenty of abuse you don't bother with unless it fits in your agenda though.

Croesy Blue
28-11-17, 19:41
Bluematt thinks homophobia and racism are only words but deletes posts for being offensive.

rudy gestede
28-11-17, 19:43

I changed it from c*nt to ****

Are you seriously getting offended by posts with swearing while preaching about people being offended for legitimate reasons?

The state of this board ffs :hehe:

dembethewarrior
28-11-17, 23:51
Bluematt thinks homophobia and racism are only words but deletes posts for being offensive.

I can yeah. Grown men crying on the internet. Grow up.

James fox
29-11-17, 00:02

He didn't get the attention from BM, So tried again with a second post.
You have to laugh.

rudy gestede
29-11-17, 06:38
You have to laugh.
Weird ****

Croesy Blue
29-11-17, 06:42

You had an actual breakdown when I called you a caveman ffs :hehe:

Anyway it's a legitimate point, Matt thinks homophobia isn't a problem but deletes swearing. What's wrong with swearing on a board for adults?

the other bob wilson
29-11-17, 06:51

Exactly, it's easy for those who have never experienced anything similar in their lives to lecture them about being wrong in the way they act.

Forget about sexuality, people react to any set of circumstances in different ways - for some it's like water off a duck's back and they just get on with their lives and with others, they get worked up about it and feel the need to demonstrate their feelings on the subject.

Whether they are straight or gay, it's possible for two people to have completely contrasting reactions to something and as long as they both stay within the law with that reaction, then the other party should accept that they are free to put their point of view over - why someone should get worked up the original subject of this thread is beyond me though.

dembethewarrior
29-11-17, 10:54

Anyway it's a legitimate point, Matt thinks homophobia isn't a problem but deletes swearing. What's wrong with swearing on a board for adults?

Show me

J R Hartley
29-11-17, 11:14

Whats wrong with Matt and TH holding the views they hold? They are allowed an opinion arent they? They are not being homophobic themselves, they might be being a bit naive in thinking theres no need for gay bars and clubs, but they are not holding them views because they are homophobic.

As per usual in these nonsense threads, where no one is going to change their mind and they go on and on forever, its find fault with something Matt has said or done and rip into him.

If you think you would make such a great and fair moderator why dont you offer Mike your services?

J R Hartley
29-11-17, 11:16
You have to laugh.

Correct. Hes even bringing racism into it when its not even been mentioned on this thread. Lily Allens got f*ck all on this guy.

dembethewarrior
29-11-17, 11:22
Correct. Hes even bringing racism into it when its not even been mentioned on this thread. Lily Allens got f*ck all on this guy.

I don't recall him being involved in the conversation about missing posts (unless I missed it or BM deleted it :hehe: ) yet as it's an argument he pops up anyway.

Can imagine him walking through Waitrose with his shopping getting involved with an argument with 2 strangers, just because he feels like.

Croesy Blue
29-11-17, 11:52
Do you read the thread? Racism was being discussed because of the BBC advert.

I don't think anything ridiculous has been said in this thread either way. Other than me trying to wind up Matt a little bit.

The whole point of the board is to debate other people's opinions, I'm not saying either of them are bad people just that I disagree with them.

rudy gestede
29-11-17, 11:56
This coming from the guy who had to take a break from this board because it was making him too angry but had to come back because he had nothing else to occupy his time?

J R Hartley
29-11-17, 12:06
This coming from the guy who had to take a break from this board because it was making him too angry but had to come back because he had nothing else to occupy his time?

Says the guy who has to post on other accounts because hes made a **** of himself on his others

rudy gestede
29-11-17, 12:09
Says the guy who has to post on other accounts because hes made a **** of himself on his others

This has been my username since I first signed up pal

J R Hartley
29-11-17, 12:10
This has been my username since I first signed up pal

If you say so, and im not your pal. I think youre a prick.

rudy gestede
29-11-17, 12:11
If you say so, and im not your pal. I think youre a prick.
Imagine getting this angry about a football messageboard :hehe: You'll be needing another comfort break at this rate pal.

dembethewarrior
29-11-17, 12:12
Show me

*tumbleweed*

J R Hartley
29-11-17, 12:15
Imagine getting this angry about a football messageboard :hehe: You'll be needing another comfort break at this rate pal.

Im calm hun.

Ive given you enough attention Tandy, so as you were.

rudy gestede
29-11-17, 12:22
Don't lump me in with that idiot.

J R Hartley
29-11-17, 12:31
Do you read the thread? Racism was being discussed because of the BBC advert.

I don't think anything ridiculous has been said in this thread either way. Other than me trying to wind up Matt a little bit.

The whole point of the board is to debate other people's opinions, I'm not saying either of them are bad people just that I disagree with them.

Yes I have read the thread, why I dont know, bored in work I guess. No-one was being remotely racist, differences of opinion on race quotas doesnt meant anyone is being racist so why should Matt have deleted anything on this thread with regards racism or homophobia?

James fox
29-11-17, 19:30

The thread was going fine.
Everyone had a say.
So why post the sly dig at BM?.
You hoped for the CCMB mob to join in.
It didn't and you look like a childish fool.

Croesy Blue
29-11-17, 19:41
The thread was going fine.
Everyone had a say.
So why post the sly dig at BM?.
You hoped for the CCMB mob to join in.
It didn't and you look like a childish fool.
I was trying to wind him up a bit which wasn't in the spirit of the thread in fairness.

Feedback
29-11-17, 20:01

Of course it does. All forms of bigotry do - even your hatred of tories.

The flipside is drawing attention to an issue that isn't proportional to the issue makes it more of a problem in the long run.

jon1959
29-11-17, 20:53

The flipside is drawing attention to an issue that isn't proportional to the issue makes it more of a problem in the long run.

My hatred of Tories is a totally rational response to the values and policies they promote.

It is not bigotry.

To equate hatred of a set of political views that are the choice of the person in question (and in my opinion often lead to misery and hardship) with racism or homophobia displays a very warped mindset.

dembethewarrior
29-11-17, 21:00
Ok croesy where's this breakdown I had? Your awfully good at ignoring posts aren't you :hehe:
Or was this the ploy all along..you wanted a little game of kiss chase didn't you :hehe:

Croesy Blue
29-11-17, 21:01
Ok croesy where's this breakdown I had? Your awfully good at ignoring posts aren't you :hehe:
Or was this the ploy all along..you wanted a little game of kiss chase didn't you :hehe:
You're In the middle of one right now

dembethewarrior
29-11-17, 21:05
You're In the middle of one right now

So there was no breakdown. Thanks for that. On yer bike.

Croesy Blue
29-11-17, 21:11
Calm down ffs

SLUDGE FACTORY
29-11-17, 21:24

Hatred of the Tories is not bigotry you daft sod , their brand of capitalism destroys lives

Hating someone because they are gay is

SLUDGE FACTORY
29-11-17, 21:25
My hatred of Tories is a totally rational response to the values and policies they promote.

It is not bigotry.

To equate hatred of a set of political views that are the choice of the person in question (and in my opinion often lead to misery and hardship) with racism or homophobia displays a very warped mindset.

Wasting your time with this idiot mate

Croesy Blue
29-11-17, 21:50
Hatred of the Tories is not bigotry you daft sod , their brand of capitalism destroys lives

Hating someone because they are gay is

Austerity has officially killed 120,000 people , how anyone can vote for them in good conscience is beyond me

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg23631533-500-austerity-cuts-to-nhs-blamed-for-120000-excess-deaths/