PDA

View Full Version : Ever not paid for a meal

joecity
05-12-17, 16:20
It weren't a meal exactly. A breakfast in a cafe. I got a certain way of eating a breakfast which means I leave the sausage. Bacon n eggs till last.. I spoon the tomatoes mushrooms n beans overt toast set about them whilst they are still warm n think about the high value items still to come. The sausages were frozen inside n the bacon was flabby but hidden by the eggs which were crap n all. Even though I had eaten half I never paid. They wouldn't except half bat saying I should have informed them earlier. They don't believe my system either. So walked out not paying. First time ever. Feel bad now.

J R Hartley
05-12-17, 16:32
It weren't a meal exactly. A breakfast in a cafe. I got a certain way of eating a breakfast which means I leave the sausage. Bacon n eggs till last.. I spoon the tomatoes mushrooms n beans overt toast set about them whilst they are still warm n think about the high value items still to come. The sausages were frozen inside n the bacon was flabby but hidden by the eggs which were crap n all. Even though I had eaten half I never paid. They wouldn't except half bat saying I should have informed them earlier. They don't believe my system either. So walked out not paying. First time ever. Feel bad now.

Bloody cheap skate!

Organ Morgan.
05-12-17, 16:35
I keep a text file on all posters. joecity's moniker now appears amongst a list titled Well Dodgy.

Barry Shitpeas
05-12-17, 16:40
You had frozen sausages and they wanted you to pay? Where was this Cafe?

joecity
05-12-17, 16:44
I keep a text file on all posters. joecity's moniker now appears amongst a list titled Well Dodgy.

Nothing more dodgy than keeping files on people on the internet. DODGY.

Organ Morgan.
05-12-17, 16:54
I was kidding, you daft old fecker.

bobh
05-12-17, 16:54
Years ago, I was with my wife and two daughters in a "gastropub", and I use the term very generously indeed.
We all ordered together, but after ages (it wasn't particularly busy) they brought out my daughters' meals, and apologised for not having any clean cutlery! What were they supposed to do? - just watch their meals go cold?
Some time later, they brought ours out with cutlery, but I had already asked for the mgr.
The waitress tried to fob us off with an offer of a free dessert, but I was fuming so demanded to see the boss.
When he came, I told him what I thought of the lack of service, eventually he saw my point and waived the entire bill, plus drinks whilst we were eating.
He also gave us a voucher for another free meal and drinks -he served us himself next time.
So that's twice (though the first one was crap)

dembethewarrior
05-12-17, 16:55
:hehe:

joecity
05-12-17, 17:03

Me n all.. I strugllle with spelling n emotionalis or whatever they called.

bobh
05-12-17, 17:05
My mate is really thick.
He once went into a take-away, paid for a meal and sneaked out without waiting for it.

Steve R
05-12-17, 17:08

Birds in profile pics are the future. :thumbup:

Nobody's Rep
05-12-17, 17:13
The night jock stein died me and my mate did a runner from the Eurasian in cowbridge road but my mate pushed the table against in his rush to get out and pinned me to the wall so got a head start on me. I legged it to my house around the corner and he was hiding 3 doors up and when I asked why he said he thought if they had caught me and came to the house they wouldn't think of looking elsewhere - nice to have supportive mates!!

The Bloop
05-12-17, 17:15
I've cancelled my order after waiting an hour at my table for the food to be served. Just lost my appetite after waiting so long. Others waited another 20 mins and theirs arrived so I sat there drinking whilst watching them eat.

joecity
05-12-17, 17:17
I wouldn't blame any body for not believing a word I say but I went on a date with a bird to the Shari Noor Indian in Barry n her tooth fell out when she was eating a curry. She put it in the pilau rice n said I'm not paying for that. It's got a tooth in it. I put a tenner on the table n left. I looked through the window n she was dipping her nan in the mint sauce. Fat cow.

joecity
05-12-17, 17:26

I feel super bad now you think I was being horrible. Sorry mate.

Barry Shitpeas
05-12-17, 17:33
I wouldn't blame any body for not believing a word I say but I went on a date with a bird to the Shari Noor Indian in Barry n her tooth fell out when she was eating a curry. She put it in the pilau rice n said I'm not paying for that. It's got a tooth in it. I put a tenner on the table n left. I looked through the window n she was dipping her nan in the mint sauce. Fat cow.

I bet her Nan was none too pleased either.

joecity
05-12-17, 17:34
You had frozen sausages and they wanted you to pay? Where was this Cafe?

Talbot Green. Worst thing is my misses has copied the recipe.

El Gwapo
05-12-17, 17:49
All you can eat chinese buffet in Rhondda. It was awful. Table of 5, I offered around 50% which I thought was far. They went nuts and threatened to call the Police. Stuck to my guns. I didnt feel awful, they were lucky to get that

NYCBlue
05-12-17, 18:09
Got caught doing a runner once in Harlesden, NW London. As we ran out from the restaurant (curry house - natch) A cop van happened to be driving past. We all gave fake names and one of us (not me) wrote a check for the meal.

dembethewarrior
05-12-17, 18:10
Talbot Green. Worst thing is my misses has copied the recipe.

I don't think I can cope with you today :hehe:

life on mars
05-12-17, 18:57
I once took bread and wine and wasn't asked to pay , strangly the chap blessed then me and I didnt even tip

Whisperer
05-12-17, 19:08
Yeah I was a free-dinners kid all through school.

joecity
05-12-17, 19:24
Yeah I was a free-dinners kid all through school.

Used to sell my dinner tickets to the fat lads in school. Buy single fags from the shop. Some of the dafter ones would give you the paste sandwich they was packing n all. Never the penguin though.

dembethewarrior
05-12-17, 19:58
Used to sell my dinner tickets to the fat lads in school. Buy single fags from the shop. Some of the dafter ones would give you the paste sandwich they was packing n all. Never the penguin though.

Lambert were 2 quid when I was in school.

Used to buy a pack of 10 well for 5er minimum..buy a dinner ticket with the remaining 1.50 so I wouldn't starve and I'd keep the proceeds in a box under my bed.
Made a small fortune..

jamieccfc
05-12-17, 20:22
Lambert were 2 quid when I was in school.

Used to buy a pack of 10 well for 5er minimum..buy a dinner ticket with the remaining 1.50 so I wouldn't starve and I'd keep the proceeds in a box under my bed.
Made a small fortune..

I used to have £2 a day for school bought 10 Richmond superkings for a whopping £1.30 sold 6/7 for 50p each the desperate ones was a £1 free fags and dinner change for dope:hehe:

blue matt
05-12-17, 20:36
Twice ( well 3 times actually, but once the boss tore up the bill )

Once In Corfu, had a argument over the amount of drinks he had put on the bill, it was a shedload of beers, i know we were 6 blokes on holiday and had a good drink, but they took the pee and we worked out we had had a few less than on the bill, told the guy to do one
later that night ( well after the club closed in the town, the only club, so it was fairly easy to find us ) we were met by 20 locals all tooled up with baseball bats, 3 of us ran of leaving me and the other 2 behind to face the music, needless to say, a mass brawl took place and the police arrived, we spent the night in the cells, needless to say, still didnt pay the bill

another time in gourmet place, the food took so long to come out, it was over 1 hour, we got bored and were about the leave, some of the food came out, some didnt, so we had a snack and left

3rd was in the US, service was terrible, complained to the manager who tore up the bill and said " eat what you like on us ", we did, he even brought over a few cocktails, we returned in a few nights and he remembered us, made such a fuss of us, we were treated like royalty :thumbup:

TH63
05-12-17, 20:43
Ordered a takeaway curry once, after an hour I rang to chase them up, told they were just leaving, another hour passed by, no curry. Rang them back to say forget it and went to bed. Another hour later, I hear a knock on the door and there’s this bloke with my curry, told him I’d gone to bed and I didn’t want it so he let me have it for nothing.

J R Hartley
05-12-17, 20:47
Ordered a takeaway curry once, after an hour I rang to chase them up, told they were just leaving, another hour passed by, no curry. Rang them back to say forget it and went to bed. Another hour later, I hear a knock on the door and there’s this bloke with my curry, told him I’d gone to bed and I didn’t want it so he let me have it for nothing.

Did you eat it?

joecity
05-12-17, 20:56
i know we were 6 blokes on holiday and had a good drink, but they took the pee and we worked out we had had a few less than on the bill,

:thumbup:

They should have just kept a tab, save getting their hands wet. Continentals eh...

Baloo
05-12-17, 21:28
In my younger days a bunch of us did a runner from a restaurant in Malta whilst on a college trip when we realised we didn't have anywhere near enough cash to pay the bill. The waiters chased us across the beach.

We got away but they came across a group of innocent classmates out sightseeing and made them pay. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/xmashehe.gif

TH63
05-12-17, 21:40
Did you eat it?

Too fooking right, I was bastard starving.

J R Hartley
05-12-17, 21:44
When the plastic bag charges first come in I stole my lunch from Asda or Tesco every week day for about 2 years.

I once walked out of Tesco with a trolley full of food.

Got caught nicking a 3 quid meal deal one day though and got banned from Tesco for 3 months.

J R Hartley
05-12-17, 21:48
8 of us went for a meal in a portugese place. Food took over an hour but drinks were flowing so didn’t kick up too much of a fuss. When we did eventually get our food they forgot my mates missus food and said it would be another 45 minutes!!

My mate kicked off with the manager and the manager was so flustered he just agreed to wipe the bill. Over 300 quid. The food was fantastic and we felt pretty bad as it was a new place so left them 120 quid to cover the drinks.

olderblue
05-12-17, 21:51
When the plastic bag charges first come in I stole my lunch from Asda or Tesco every week day for about 2 years.

I once walked out of Tesco with a trolley full of food.

Got caught nicking a 3 quid meal deal one day though and got banned from Tesco for 3 months.

I went out of ASDA with a leg of lamb once and the security guard shouted

Oih what you doing with that?

Roast potatoes and carrots I replied you nosy bastard:hehe:

Majorblue
05-12-17, 21:54
Funnily enough only last week.
Went for a curry with the relations and had to wait over an hour for it to arrive.
When it turned up it looked like a korma despite me having ordered a jalfrazi. It tasted of nothing so I complained and the manager turned up and tried to make me feel the one in the wrong. I was quite calm about the whole thing but explained that I was not prepared to eat the meal as it was and therefore was not going to pay. He stated that he was going to call the police and I said that I was quite happy for that to happen and they could taste it and make a decision on whether what was served up was acceptable. He then asked us all to leave , which was a bit of a result as the other three had finished theirs and we had had a few beers as well. All in all a very cheap night but I was starving so had to make do with toast when I got home.

MacAdder
05-12-17, 22:24
Tried to do.a runner from wood st curry house (the Agrabad i thinknit was called) late 70's early 80's.
I couldn't suss the lock which had to be turned through 540 degrees and got collared.
I tongue in cheek offered to do the washing up as i was skint.
They felt sorry for me and let me go, felt really bad.
Went back in a week later and paid up.

J R Hartley
05-12-17, 22:29
I went out of ASDA with a leg of lamb once and the security guard shouted

Oih what you doing with that?

Roast potatoes and carrots I replied you nosy bastard:hehe:

:hehe: :hehe:

ian gibson
05-12-17, 22:37
Two of us did a runner from a curry house on city road, we had about 80p between us. I was first to the door and discovered a two door system where you had to open the first and then shut it to be able to open the second, so when I shut the first door I shut it in my mates face. This made me piss myself laughing as I legged it up the street, I laughed even more when I looked back and saw my 6ft6in mate sprinting away with a little indian waiter hanging off his neck. I had to stop running because I was laughing so much and then spewed my meal all over the other waiter who had caught me up.

The Bob Banker Spanker
05-12-17, 22:50
Two of us did a runner from a curry house on city road, we had about 80p between us. I was first to the door and discovered a two door system where you had to open the first and then shut it to be able to open the second, so when I shut the first door I shut it in my mates face. This made me piss myself laughing as I legged it up the street, I laughed even more when I looked back and saw my 6ft6in mate sprinting away with a little indian waiter hanging off his neck. I had to stop running because I was laughing so much and then spewed my meal all over the other waiter who had caught me up.

dembethewarrior
05-12-17, 23:13

There's 2 Chinese local to me who know not to piss me about because I've got form for opening the door and taking the food and not paying. Tell them on the phone I'm going to do it before they arrive. I've had some take 2 hours others well over an hour..

They hesitate to take my order now but always do, and it's always nice and hot. In return I'm nice and polite and always tip. If i order in store I'll give a tip too...so to answer I don't know how many I've had.
Can also dispute a dominoes on PayPal so I've heard..cost of the ingredients is not worth arguing back over so they let it go.

joecity
05-12-17, 23:28
I've paid for meals I haven't eaten. Rested my head on the table in The Taurus half way through a steak at 4 am and woken up to No mates and all the bill. Also a charming little after hours place in spllottt just down from the snooker club but not as far as The Wallich. You had to buy food to get a late drink. Ordered a bowl of peas and didn't eat a one.

dembethewarrior
05-12-17, 23:31
I've paid for meals I haven't eaten. Rested my head on the table in The Taurus half way through a steak at 4 am and woken up to No mates and all the bill. Also a charming little after hours place in spllottt just down from the snooker club but not as far as The Wallich. You had to buy food to get a late drink. Ordered a bowl of peas and didn't eat a one.

Went in Taurus once with blood all down my top and I hadn't noticed being so drunk. Got into a bit of a tear up and the odds were stacked well against me and my mate..walked in there on my own to get off the streets and people just looked at me odd. Did a nice steak.

J R Hartley
05-12-17, 23:32

A bowl of peas?!?

dembethewarrior
05-12-17, 23:33
A bowl of peas?!?

Did he have butter though?

In all fairness probably the cheapest thing to order..worth it for a beer.

joecity
05-12-17, 23:39
A bowl of peas?!?

A suggestion of the house. 'What's the cheapest you got mate that means I can swig a pint?' They wanted grub on the tables in case enforcement officers came by, plus the food there was sh.t n they couldn't be bothered to nock anything up either. Bowls of chips were also available but peas seemed the done thing at the time.

blue matt
06-12-17, 00:24
A suggestion of the house. 'What's the cheapest you got mate that means I can swig a pint?' They wanted grub on the tables in case enforcement officers came by, plus the food there was sh.t n they couldn't be bothered to nock anything up either. Bowls of chips were also available but peas seemed the done thing at the time.

used to be a snooker club down city road ( or that area ) who used to sell a few cans with food, so used to order a bowl of chips each, then you could order 4 cans on red strip larger, the joke was on you though as it was something like a fiver a can ( back when it used to be a quid a pint ) still used to be packed after the clubs had shut ( this was before all night clubs etc )

joecity
06-12-17, 00:31
used to be a snooker club down city road ( or that area ) who used to sell a few cans with food, so used to order a bowl of chips each, then you could order 4 cans on red strip larger, the joke was on you though as it was something like a fiver a can ( back when it used to be a quid a pint ) still used to be packed after the clubs had shut ( this was before all night clubs etc )

The blues in the docks. Different places from tim to time. 2 bar a can of red stripe. More or less some feckrs front room. No grub there but a good laugh. Interesting walk past Loudon Square when the sun was coming up free of charge. Loved old Catdiff.

the other bob wilson
06-12-17, 06:28
The answer for me is no, unless that old restaurant on Caroline Street that's name escapes me at the moment counts - don't think it should though because doing a runner was compulsory in there.

Taunton Blue Genie
06-12-17, 09:24
Years ago, I was with my wife and two daughters in a "gastropub", and I use the term very generously indeed.
We all ordered together, but after ages (it wasn't particularly busy) they brought out my daughters' meals, and apologised for not having any clean cutlery! What were they supposed to do? - just watch their meals go cold?
Some time later, they brought ours out with cutlery, but I had already asked for the mgr.
The waitress tried to fob us off with an offer of a free dessert, but I was fuming so demanded to see the boss.
When he came, I told him what I thought of the lack of service, eventually he saw my point and waived the entire bill, plus drinks whilst we were eating.
He also gave us a voucher for another free meal and drinks -he served us himself next time.
So that's twice (though the first one was crap)

Sounds more like a gastro-entiritis pub

jeepster
06-12-17, 12:42
In the seventies The Bowl Of Curry top end of Rumney hill,about six of us decided to do a runner and if anybody got caught we would stand and fight.I got caught stood my ground just to see all my mates sprinting to LLanrumney i got well and truely battered.:curry:

Maxim
06-12-17, 14:46
In the seventies The Bowl Of Curry top end of Rumney hill,about six of us decided to do a runner and if anybody got caught we would stand and fight.I got caught stood my ground just to see all my mates sprinting to LLanrumney i got well and truely battered.:curry:
Wearing high heals was you.:hehe:

Enoch Mort
06-12-17, 15:02
The answer for me is no, unless that old restaurant on Caroline Street that's name escapes me at the moment counts - don't think it should though because doing a runner was compulsory in there.

El Greco's ?

the other bob wilson
06-12-17, 15:04
El Greco's ?

That's the one :thumbup:.

joecity
06-12-17, 15:52
I've paid more than once for the same meal before now. As a young man on last night of holuday meal with my girlfriend in Rhodes I ate a bowl of prawn cocktail for my starter then ate the mussels off her seafood platter to act hard and supplement my steak which is nothing at all like a steak over here. The bus picked us up the next morning and took us to the airport.

No bogs on the bus so I sat there sweating. Spent all the time in the airport in the tiny stinky bog. tracing paper bog roll not up to the job. Before getting on the plane and getting into another smaller moving bog. People trying to open the lock and the stewardess knocking every 15 mins to ask me whatI I was doing. Followed through in my misses car on the drive home n spent 2 days in bed. We are not together anymore.

jamieccfc
06-12-17, 16:07
I've paid more than once for the same meal before now. As a young man on last night of holuday meal with my girlfriend in Rhodes I ate a bowl of prawn cocktail for my starter then ate the mussels off her seafood platter to act hard and supplement my steak which is nothing at all like a steak over here. The bus picked us up the next morning and took us to the airport.

No bogs on the bus so I sat there sweating. Spent all the time in the airport in the tiny stinky bog. tracing paper bog roll not up to the job. Before getting on the plane and getting into another smaller moving bog. People trying to open the lock and the stewardess knocking every 15 mins to ask me whatI I was doing. Followed through in my misses car on the drive home n spent 2 days in bed. We are not together anymore.

TH63
06-12-17, 16:10

What a beautiful romantic story

Armitage Shanks
06-12-17, 16:59
i love reading these threads, especially when your board senseless in debenhams with the misses, where i am now.
perfect for whiliing away the time.
keep it up

Baloo
06-12-17, 17:18
A friend of mine works for a data company at football matches part-time and he sits in the press area.

He's now arranged with somebody there to take his missus for a freebie meal in the media centre. She's not a football fan or anything, it's just a way of taking her for a meal for free. Surrounded by journalists on their laptops. He reckons she'll love it.

valleys caveman
06-12-17, 17:30
Popped in the local Chinese takeaway and ordered a spring roll, carton of curry and a bag of chips. After waiting about 5 mins one of the other girls from behind the counter called me and put my food on the counter. I looked at the bag and thought it was a bit big for what I had ordered, perhaps they'd put some free prawn crackers in there. Picked the bag up off the counter and it nearly ripped my arm out of its socket. They'd given me someone else's order. Walked calmly out the door, past the window and then legged it all the way home.
When I got home I was like a kid on Christmas day opening his presents. There must have been about £30 worth of grub in the bag. Best £3.80 I ever spent, lasted me three days.

jeepster
06-12-17, 18:33
Wearing high heals was you.:hehe:

Only on Saturdays:biggrin:

Bruce Foxton
06-12-17, 19:17
A few of us went or a late curry one Saturday at a curry house in Barry.Towards the end of the meal one of our crowd came up with the hairbrained idea of licking his plate clean and then denying he had ever been served the meal.When the waiter came to clear the plates,he ploughed on with his stupid ruse,but the waiter was having none of it.It quickly escalated from a heated exchange of words to all the waiters and kitchen staff coming out mob handed.We managed to get the lad out of there whilst saying we wanted to pay for the food,but they closed the door behind us.Now,at this point,he should have boxed clever and thought “I haven’t paid,brilliant!”,but for some reason he had taken offence to the staff trying to kick his head in,and proceeded to get the metal inner from a bin in the street and threw it through the door window.At this point we all scattered and went home.I caught up with him weeks later, and it transpired he had run, hid in a garden from the police and fallen asleep in his inebriated state. Unfortunately for him, the homeowner had seen him and alerted the police.He was arrested and thrown in the cells overnight.Never been for a meal with him since!

bobh
06-12-17, 19:21

Sure it wasn't a fish 'n' chip shop?

jeepster
06-12-17, 19:23
Sure it wasn't a fish 'n' chip shop?

joecity
06-12-17, 19:58
I remember when sizzling skillets were all the rage n they used to do em hot as fek so you would have to pick your steak up n put it on your chips if you wanted it to stay medium rare.

We were discussing this tactic n wether to order it rare n let I sizzle or order it correctly n pick it up n put it on the chips.

One lad who was with us was having none of it. He sarcastically asked for the mixed grill on a hot as fek sizzler cause he could lift the chop off, get his stake right n the sausage didn't matter. The waitress thought he was taking the piss and brought it out hot as fek. Smoke coming off the skillet.

Instead if tending to the meat first he poured vinegar on the chips which let off an acrid cloud of smoke that nearly took his eyebrows off and made tables around us complain. It weren't a free meal cause we were asked to leave before we'd started but it was funny as fek.

Barry Shitpeas
06-12-17, 21:35
Popped in the local Chinese takeaway and ordered a spring roll, carton of curry and a bag of chips. After waiting about 5 mins one of the other girls from behind the counter called me and put my food on the counter. I looked at the bag and thought it was a bit big for what I had ordered, perhaps they'd put some free prawn crackers in there. Picked the bag up off the counter and it nearly ripped my arm out of its socket. They'd given me someone else's order. Walked calmly out the door, past the window and then legged it all the way home.
When I got home I was like a kid on Christmas day opening his presents. There must have been about £30 worth of grub in the bag. Best £3.80 I ever spent, lasted me three days.

They might have thought you were a delivery driver. A lad I used to work with reckons he would go around busy take aways unshaven and wearing a cheap tracksuit and baseball cap, and hang about until someone put a bag of food on the counter before having it away on his toes.

J R Hartley
06-12-17, 21:43
Surprised we’ve had no Jacks on here with all the free dead rats they eat.

joecity
06-12-17, 21:48
They might have thought you were a delivery driver. A lad I used to work with reckons he would go around busy take aways unshaven and wearing a cheap tracksuit and baseball cap, and hang about until someone put a bag of food on the counter before having it away on his toes.

Hands free mobile ear piece for extra authenticity talk into it loudly and you're all set.

joecity
06-12-17, 21:57
Hands free mobile ear piece for extra authenticity talk into it loudly and you're all set.

Lose the ability to count when it comes to giving back the last 2 pound in change to a customer as well.

dembethewarrior
07-12-17, 00:00

I know a lad who delivers for a few different places in the evenings on top of his other job (well paying) unless they are a small quiet place then they likely do use a few through the week.