PDA

View Full Version : Walking dead

jamieccfc
11-12-17, 10:45
This really needs to be the final series

ken smith
11-12-17, 10:50
This really needs to be the final series

Definitely. Only watch it due to the amount of episodes I've already watched. Slow and boring.

ccfc_is_my_life
11-12-17, 11:51
No chance... there's still plenty of story left in the graphic novels. The pacing has been spot on this series imo.

jamieccfc
11-12-17, 12:34
No chance... there's still plenty of story left in the graphic novels. The pacing has been spot on this series imo.

The writing for the show has become diabolical. I haven't read the comic book but heard it is a lot better than the show

Fine Lines
11-12-17, 12:43
I agree. its getting ridiculous for me....mainly for the following reasons....

1) they seem to be fighting over a relatively small patch of land, when presumably large areas of America are still available. why not just go live elsewhere ?
2) the amount of bullets they just shoot aimlessly at buildings and dead things. its like watching the A-Team.
3) the amount of opportunities they have not taken to kill the person they seem intent on killing.
4) everything else...

Igovernor
11-12-17, 13:07
It got crap a good few seasons ago, that is when I stopped watching it. I now watch Van Helsing the series, on season 2 now, cannot see it going on for 7 seasons though :hehe:

Badly Ironed Shirt
11-12-17, 13:11
Definitely. Only watch it due to the amount of episodes I've already watched. Slow and boring.

I haven't started, was about to start when Fox were advertising the 100th episode. Not for me, ta. Especially when a colleague said he basically fast forwarded through 2 seasons at x1.5 speed.

Badly Ironed Shirt
11-12-17, 13:12
It got crap a good few seasons ago, that is when I stopped watching it. I now watch Van Helsing the series, on season 2 now, cannot see it going on for 7 seasons though :hehe:

It's Netflix - it could go on for another 10 seasons :hehe:

tomm
11-12-17, 13:54
Have religiously read the comic series. It's brilliant.
The TV show by now is turgid, boring and not worth watching.

Feedback
11-12-17, 14:13
it was great at the outset, the whole concept of how to survive and how human interaction would resort to the lowest common denominator. however they aren't afraid of the walkers anymore, so its raison d'etre has sort of vanished, now its just a gangster series

jamieccfc
11-12-17, 14:40
I agree. its getting ridiculous for me....mainly for the following reasons....

1) they seem to be fighting over a relatively small patch of land, when presumably large areas of America are still available. why not just go live elsewhere ?
2) the amount of bullets they just shoot aimlessly at buildings and dead things. its like watching the A-Team.
3) the amount of opportunities they have not taken to kill the person they seem intent on killing.
4) everything else...

They seem to have forgotten Maggie is pregnant

ccfc_is_my_life
11-12-17, 14:46
The writing for the show has become diabolical. I haven't read the comic book but heard it is a lot better than the show

The TV series is also correcting mistakes made in the graphic novel ( Comic? How very dare you... ).

One example was the Governor chopping Rick's hand off in the graphic novel.

Both are the same source material, envisaged differently. TV Governor, for example was way more nuanced from the start - graphic novel showed him to be a psycho from the first panel.

TV series has also had issues - Darabont left after first series, almost wanted film type money spent on the series. As a result, Dale was written out earlier as the actor left in sympathy.

ccfc_is_my_life
11-12-17, 14:50
it was great at the outset, the whole concept of how to survive and how human interaction would resort to the lowest common denominator. however they aren't afraid of the walkers anymore, so its raison d'etre has sort of vanished, now its just a gangster series

"Humans killing zombies" doesn't exactly scream longevity. That was also the point of the graphic novel. Walkers are easyish to deal with, it's the way civilisation has changed as a consequence that's now the issue. Laws, mores no longer apply. Society reverting to base instincts.

Gangster? Hardly. The whole point is Negan isn't this big evil baddy. There's a reason why he is the way he is, a reason why his world view has some validity. Rick's naivety vs Negan's practicality. That's something the graphic novel explores further over time.

ccfc_is_my_life
11-12-17, 14:50
They seem to have forgotten Maggie is pregnant

Apart from when they pointedly mentioned her being in her second trimester? Which would put her 4-6 months pregnant.

jamieccfc
11-12-17, 16:33
Apart from when they pointedly mentioned her being in her second trimester? Which would put her 4-6 months pregnant.

Have you seen how skinny she is?

ccfc_is_my_life
11-12-17, 19:00
Have you seen how skinny she is?

My missus was pretty skinny certainly for our first kid. Made up for it since...