PDA

View Full Version : Atrocities in Congo

SLUDGE FACTORY
13-12-17, 22:29
Shocking what's going on there , mass rape , murder

We don't know how lucky we are

OurManFlint II
13-12-17, 22:53
Barclays Bank, De Beers, Anglo American Plc, Euromet, American Mineral Fields, Bechtel Inc, Citibank.....Nobody gives a flying f***...child soliders, well over 5 million dead.

Posted on my Coltan powered phone

SLUDGE FACTORY
13-12-17, 22:58
Barclays Bank, De Beers, Anglo American Plc, Euromet, American Mineral Fields, Bechtel Inc, Citibank.....Nobody gives a flying f***...child soliders, well over 5 million dead.

Posted on my Coltan powered phone

It's appalling , another Rwanda

Heathblue
13-12-17, 23:03
I don't think it it's that no one cares, IMO, it's that people are just wrapped up and force fed news according to the few owners of the controlled media and just do not get to see and hear the atrocities being committed all over the world, its awful but unless you are the type who looks for news from the alternatives, you would be just oblivious to it.

SLUDGE FACTORY
13-12-17, 23:14
I don't think it it's that no one cares, IMO, it's that people are just wrapped up and force fed news according to the few owners of the controlled media and just do not get to see and hear the atrocities being committed all over the world, its awful but unless you are the type who looks for news from the alternatives, you would be just oblivious to it.

It's funny how America props up Israel , openly breaking UN resolutions yet here we have mass killings in the Congo and everyone whistles and turns the other way

Heathblue
13-12-17, 23:19
It's funny how America props up Israel , openly breaking UN resolutions yet here we have mass killings in the Congo and everyone whistles and turns the other way

And the almost silence regarding what has been happening in Yemen for a long long time now, it's picked up of late with the odd one liner here and there.

SLUDGE FACTORY
13-12-17, 23:27
And the almost silence regarding what has been happening in Yemen for a long long time now, it's picked up of late with the odd one liner here and there.

Indeed we are selling arms to the Saudis to kill Geminis

But it's British jobs ! We make a shed load of money selling arms to dodgy countries

Louth
14-12-17, 01:01
The US and others don't give a flying f### about that region. It has nothing to offer the west and they have no competition.
The sale of arms from the US and the UK is massive for each economy.
If world peace broke out tomorrow, there would be many unhappy arms manufacturers

The Bob Banker Spanker
14-12-17, 01:19
Shocking what's going on there , mass rape , murder

We don't know how lucky we are

Sludge, it’s Africa, would you really expect the evil bastards at the BBC to report this? It only matters when there’s money to be made from Red Nose Day or Children In Need for their own benefit.
The media in Britain has ignored Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Zimbabwe and that’s only skimmed the surface.

Badly Ironed Shirt
14-12-17, 11:03
Indeed we are selling arms to the Saudis to kill Geminis

But it's British jobs ! We make a shed load of money selling arms to dodgy countries

As a Gemini myself, I am appalled at being targeted just because of my astrological star sign. I am on the cusp with Cancer too, so I am particularly pissed off

blue matt
14-12-17, 17:17
talking of Atrocities

This morning i was speaking to a guy who is a tropical fish supplier ( dont ask ) and he has just returned from Burma / Myanmar ( he also travelled to Laos to another Fish supplier ) where he buys from a massive fish Breeder, He said its horrendous, the whole place is falling apart, worse place he has ever been in his life

insider
14-12-17, 18:08
No money or oil to be gleaned so the Billionaire owned british media don`t give a flying.

Richyrich
14-12-17, 19:53
It's all our fault? How about the one's actually raping children, you know, the Congolese.

J R Hartley
14-12-17, 20:24
Spare us the guilt trip Sludge.

Why should we feel guilty for leading (fairly) normal lives in the West?

xsnaggle
14-12-17, 21:37
We Brits get blamed for the places we colonised civilised and educated when things happen years later. So why isn't the world up in Arms demanding that Belgium sorts this mess out that they must have caused .

All africans would be good quiet nice people if it hadn't been for the nasty europeans educating them.

Louth
14-12-17, 23:50
We Brits get blamed for the places we colonised civilised and educated when things happen years later. So why isn't the world up in Arms demanding that Belgium sorts this mess out that they must have caused .

All africans would be good quiet nice people if it hadn't been for the nasty europeans educating them.

Educated and civilised?.

What planet are you from?

Rule Britannia and all that shite. What's the difference between the Brits and Germans?
The Brits think they're the master race. The Germans know they're the master race!

Brits my ass, you have an inferiority complex to call yourself Welsh. You haven't a chip on your shoulder, its a bag of potatoes.

:)

lardy
14-12-17, 23:53
Educated and civilised?.

Rule Britannia and all that shite. What's the difference between the Brits and Germans?
The Brits think they're the master race. The Germans know they're the master race!

Brits my ass, you have an inferiority complex to call yourself Welsh. You haven't a chip on your shoulder, its a bag of potatoes.

Form an orderly queue to make Irish jokes.

Tokyo Blue
14-12-17, 23:57

Now now, down wit' 'tis sort 'a 'ting or he'll throw a paddy again.

Louth
14-12-17, 23:57

How original.

Jim Davison, alert.

Louth
14-12-17, 23:58
Now now, down wit' 'tis sort 'a 'ting or he'll throw a paddy again.

Steve Coogan, try to be original.

Barry Shitpeas
15-12-17, 00:01
Sludge, it’s Africa, would you really expect the evil bastards at the BBC to report this? It only matters when there’s money to be made from Red Nose Day or Children In Need for their own benefit.
The media in Britain has ignored Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Zimbabwe and that’s only skimmed the surface.

There was was a special report on it on the BBC 10 o’clock news, I’m assuming that’s why the original post was made.

William Treseder
15-12-17, 09:15
talking of Atrocities

This morning i was speaking to a guy who is a tropical fish supplier ( dont ask ) and he has just returned from Burma / Myanmar ( he also travelled to Laos to another Fish supplier ) where he buys from a massive fish Breeder, He said its horrendous, the whole place is falling apart, worse place he has ever been in his life

He’s obviously never been to Splott or Barry!

William Treseder
15-12-17, 09:19
No money or oil to be gleaned so the Billionaire owned british media don`t give a flying.
Ok. So if the British owned media started reporting these things on a regular basis, what would you and the other offended posters in this thread do about the problem?

Organ Morgan.
15-12-17, 14:12
We've all been conditioned by the corporate media. Some humans are more human than others. At the top of the hierarchy of whom we should have sympathy for are Britons, West Europeans and Yanks. Bottom of the shop are Middle Easterners and Africans.

J R Hartley
15-12-17, 14:23
We've all been conditioned by the corporate media. Some humans are more human than others. At the top of the hierarchy of whom we should have sympathy for are Britons, West Europeans and Yanks. Bottom of the shop are Middle Easterners and Africans.

Charity starts at home

BlueWales
15-12-17, 17:44
The Congo has been a mess since about 1960 when Belgium pulled out from running it as a colony.

The ending of empires was done well by some European Nations and worse by others. 60 years down the line
Britain did better than most in my view but was by no means perfect.

The problem is imposing nation state boundaries on top of tribal boundaries which always re - emerge to
cause bloodshed.

The Balkans which caused World War One was still a problem 90 years later.

light up the darkness
15-12-17, 18:04
The Congo has been a mess since about 1960 when Belgium pulled out from running it as a colony.

The ending of empires was done well by some European Nations and worse by others. 60 years down the line
Britain did better than most in my view but was by no means perfect.

The problem is imposing nation state boundaries on top of tribal boundaries which always re - emerge to
cause bloodshed.

The Balkans which caused World War One was still a problem 90 years later.

Not to mention the Middle-east

light up the darkness
15-12-17, 18:08
talking of Atrocities

I was in both places a couple of months ago No change from the last time I was there in summer 2016

Both remain a shambles but so are many other places. Depends on what you’re looking for I guess

ken smith
16-12-17, 06:28
Educated and civilised?.

And yet this post sounds like the biggest chip on a shoulder rant in the whole thread.

Tokyo Blue
16-12-17, 07:59
And yet this post sounds like the biggest chip on a shoulder rant in the whole thread.

That was nothing. You should've seen him cry after some people said some vaguely less-than favourable things about the Irish team after they scraped that pathetic win against us.