PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Watch

Gnojek
05-02-18, 07:03
Started on the bench and came on after 70 minutes, as Forest lost 2-0 at Fulham. Not much of a scouting report admittedly, but I only saw him once during the highlights clip on Channel 5. Be interesting to see how he goes under Karanka, who got a tune out of him when he had him at Boro.

Pedro de la Rosa
05-02-18, 08:39
If he loses 2 stone, they'll have a player. I hope he does well, and we can sell him to them in the summer. He still lives in Leicester and it's pointless him being here as he won't be able to get fit driving 6 hour round trip every day.

BlueWales
05-02-18, 12:21
If he loses 2 stone, they'll have a player. I hope he does well, and we can sell him to them in the summer. He still lives in Leicester and it's pointless him being here as he won't be able to get fit driving 6 hour round trip every day.

Maybe this thread should be called Tomlin Weight Watch.

Bobby Dandruff
05-02-18, 12:29
Maybe this thread should be called Tomlin Weight Watch.

lol

Gnojek
05-02-18, 14:27
He seemed to have slimmed down a bit from the summer. Maybe his attitude is more of a problem than his waistline. Either way, I'm still gutted he's gone. All fans want to see their team win - and I'm no different - but I also like to be entertained. He has the ability to take your breath away, demonstrated perfectly by that piece of skill against Norwich.

Pedro de la Rosa
05-02-18, 14:47
He seemed to have slimmed down a bit from the summer. Maybe his attitude is more of a problem than his waistline. Either way, I'm still gutted he's gone. All fans want to see their team win - and I'm no different - but I also like to be entertained. He has the ability to take your breath away, demonstrated perfectly by that piece of skill against Norwich.

When you can name the bits of play he's done well, he's not done it enough. I think commuting from Leicester, his conviction and subsequent community service work, plus the fact he's not been a regular have all been a perfect storm in him gaining weight. He looked trim when he first signed, he's not now. We're not alone though, pretty much every club has a similar story with him, he presumably puts weight on very quickly and he has trouble shifting it.

dembethewarrior
05-02-18, 14:55
Can anyone with access to ifollow Cardiff city get on the forest one? They have full highlights..could just watch the last 20 mins.

Might be an idea also to read their forum for opinions. They might have a job Wilson or humblegringo on there..we can get a decent scope of his performances then.

Gnojek
05-02-18, 14:59
I used that as an example. Very few players can do stuff like that. Yes there are negatives, but he can do things most players in our league can't do.

Pedro de la Rosa
05-02-18, 15:32
I used that as an example. Very few players can do stuff like that. Yes there are negatives, but he can do things most players in our league can't do.

He can't also do a thing which most players can, run. We all wanted him to work but the bloke can't move after 5 minutes. Although, if he could, there's no chance he'd be playing for us.

life on mars
05-02-18, 15:56
Can anyone with access to ifollow Cardiff city get on the forest one? They have full highlights..could just watch the last 20 mins.

Might be an idea also to read their forum for opinions. They might have a job Wilson or humblegringo on there..we can get a decent scope of his performances then.

Rather watch Hollyoakes

dembethewarrior
05-02-18, 16:14
Rather watch Hollyoakes

Not too bad on a Sunday a few years ago. Some decent sorts in there.

jon1959
05-02-18, 16:53

I don't think you can. With the old iPlayer subscription you had access to every club using the platform (about 90% of the 92 league clubs) but with iFollow the subscription is club specific. A major backwards step. It was always interesting to watch pre match interviews at the clubs we were coming up against, and different highlight packages. All that has gone since the summer.

dembethewarrior
05-02-18, 17:03
I don't think you can. With the old iPlayer subscription you had access to every club using the platform (about 90% of the 92 league clubs) but with iFollow the subscription is club specific. A major backwards step. It was always interesting to watch pre match interviews at the clubs we were coming up against, and different highlight packages. All that has gone since the summer.

Thanks I wasn't sure as I've not really had a good look at it this year.

Beverley Wilshire
05-02-18, 17:56
When you can name the bits of play he's done well, he's not done it enough. I think commuting from Leicester, his conviction and subsequent community service work, plus the fact he's not been a regular have all been a perfect storm in him gaining weight. He looked trim when he first signed, he's not now. We're not alone though, pretty much every club has a similar story with him, he presumably puts weight on very quickly and he has trouble shifting it.

You can’t criticise him for not wanting to move his family to Gurnos or Penryhs. Be fair.

jamieccfc
05-02-18, 18:34
Although, if he could, there's no chance he'd be playing for us.

And that sums it up something some of our fans can't grasp

ccfc_is_my_life
05-02-18, 18:38
And that sums it up something some of our fans can't grasp

So all of our players get winded after five minutes then?

jamieccfc
05-02-18, 18:44
So all of our players get winded after five minutes then?

Eh? Who said that? If tomlin was 100% fit he would be playing in the premiership

dembethewarrior
05-02-18, 18:48
Eh? Who said that? If tomlin was 100% fit he would be playing in the premiership

Agreed

ccfc_is_my_life
05-02-18, 18:54

If his head was sorted too, I'd agree.

Quick sprint - knackered for rest of game. His cardio is his problem.

He's had numerous clubs the last few years, getting nice signing on fees at each. Hardly the sharpest tool in the box - see the way he left Bournemouth.

Right now, if Forest take him off our hands permanently, that'll be the best result for both - just not for Forest.

jamieccfc
05-02-18, 19:02
If his head was sorted too, I'd agree.

Quick sprint - knackered for rest of game. His cardio is his problem.

He's had numerous clubs the last few years, getting nice signing on fees at each. Hardly the sharpest tool in the box - see the way he left Bournemouth.

Right now, if Forest take him off our hands permanently, that'll be the best result for both - just not for Forest.

Yes there's obviously a problem but what I'm saying is if he had everything the fans expect him to have he doesn't play for Cardiff city

ccfc_is_my_life
05-02-18, 19:09
Yes there's obviously a problem but what I'm saying is if he had everything the fans expect him to have he doesn't play for Cardiff city

I don't think it's an unreal or unfair expectation to have that he keeps himself fit? He's had enough clubs to know what a professional sportsman should do to maintain their body.

jamieccfc
05-02-18, 19:11
I don't think it's an unreal or unfair expectation to have that he keeps himself fit? He's had enough clubs to know what a professional sportsman should do to maintain their body.

I get what you're saying and it is disappointing that he can't seem to get fully fit but if he did he wouldn't be playing for us

dembethewarrior
05-02-18, 19:20
I get what you're saying and it is disappointing that he can't seem to get fully fit but if he did he wouldn't be playing for us

I'd save your time and sanity this one keeps on till he beats you.

jamieccfc
05-02-18, 19:35
I'd save your time and sanity this one keeps on till he beats you.

He did beat me in the ash williams Fred:hehe: I couldnt be arsed to respond to him anymore

dembethewarrior
05-02-18, 19:36
He did beat me in the ash williams Fred:hehe: I couldnt be arsed to respond to him anymore

Some crazy posters on here ain't there :hehe:

ccfc_is_my_life
05-02-18, 19:37

If he was fully fit he'd still be playing for us.

Look what happened at Peterborough when he didn't get his move to Celtic. Look what happened at Bournemouth/ Johnson refers to Wurzels removing a locker room cancer.

Fitness isn't his only issue.

jamieccfc
05-02-18, 19:47
If he was fully fit he'd still be playing for us.

Look what happened at Peterborough when he didn't get his move to Celtic. Look what happened at Bournemouth/ Johnson refers to Wurzels removing a locker room cancer.

Fitness isn't his only issue.

Just accept if he was fully fit and didn't have any off field problems he wouldn't be playing for us and stop bringing other things in to it to suit your own agenda we all know you don't like him that's fine

ccfc_is_my_life
05-02-18, 19:50
Just accept if he was fully fit and didn't have any off field problems he wouldn't be playing for us and stop bringing over things in to it to suit your own agenda we all know you don't like him that's fine

How is it "bringing in over things"? You can come up with fantasy scenarios all you like, we're dealing with reality here.

I've agreed if everything was perfect he'd be in the Prem - with all due respect, so what? You could say the same about a lot of players.

BlueWales
05-02-18, 19:59
He " might " be in the prem but only as a " bit part player ". Get real.

jamieccfc
05-02-18, 20:25
He " might " be in the prem but only as a " bit part player ". Get real.

If he was dedicated to football and fully fit i think he would make it in the bottom half of the prem

xsnaggle
05-02-18, 21:20
If he isn't dedicated to football petrhaps he should change his job.
but if he brought the same effort and attitude to that he'd probably be out of work.

If he can't/won't get fit the club should be able to sack him. Football must be the only job in the country where you cannot give an employee 3 months notice to quit. it's ridicuous. most companies only give 1 month.

dembethewarrior
05-02-18, 21:59
If he isn't dedicated to football petrhaps he should change his job.
but if he brought the same effort and attitude to that he'd probably be out of work.

If he can't/won't get fit the club should be able to sack him. Football must be the only job in the country where you cannot give an employee 3 months notice to quit. it's ridicuous. most companies only give 1 month.

This is a good point.

Depending on what type of work I've done the lazy lot always get found out and binned off..

Gnojek
06-02-18, 07:09
You can’t criticise him for not wanting to move his family to Gurnos or Penryhs. Be fair.
Nothing wrong with Gurnos or Penrhys, mostly full of decent, honest people. Plenty wrong with your spelling though.

Arfur Europe
06-02-18, 08:04

Cedric is back, Cedric is back, woooaah, woooaah!

Bobby Dandruff
06-02-18, 13:24

As has been said on here many times before, if a professional athlete can't control his own weight, let alone one who is incredibly well paid and looked after, then he has serious issues.

If he is never on the pitch then it is completely irrelevant that he might be the most skillful player in the squad.

It is a real shame as I don't doubt that he has the talent - he just never uses it.

Gnojek
06-02-18, 14:14
Which throws into question why we signed him last summer. Nothing that's happened with us hasn't happened at previous clubs. I guess NW thought he could work his magic (as he did with Taarabt at QPR), but quickly discovered he couldn't work with him. I think we've seen the last of him in a City shirt.

Pedro de la Rosa
06-02-18, 15:34
Which throws into question why we signed him last summer. Nothing that's happened with us hasn't happened at previous clubs. I guess NW thought he could work his magic (as he did with Taarabt at QPR), but quickly discovered he couldn't work with him. I think we've seen the last of him in a City shirt.

He probably thought he could get the best out of him, he looked trim and seemed to be making a real effort. Then came the conviction, the form of NML and Hoilett, meaning we played 4-3-3 so he didn't really have a set position and it all spiraled from there.

dembethewarrior
06-02-18, 15:45
He probably thought he could get the best out of him, he looked trim and seemed to be making a real effort. Then came the conviction, the form of NML and Hoilett, meaning we played 4-3-3 so he didn't really have a set position and it all spiraled from there.

Tomlin looked good behind NML Hoilett and Bogle..made Bogle look really good in fact..and gave us a better option than "just fast and up the wings"

ccfc_is_my_life
06-02-18, 16:03
Tomlin looked good behind NML Hoilett and Bogle..made Bogle look really good in fact..and gave us a better option than "just fast and up the wings"

In which case Warnock would be playing him unless you believe Warnock wants to hamper the side by playing a "lesser" style. Granted that lesser style seems to be scoring goals at the moment, but...

dembethewarrior
06-02-18, 16:51
In which case Warnock would be playing him unless you believe Warnock wants to hamper the side by playing a "lesser" style. Granted that lesser style seems to be scoring goals at the moment, but...

Bore off love.

ccfc_is_my_life
06-02-18, 17:33
Bore off love.

Don't think I will, skippy, you didn't say "please". I hate rudeness.

J R Hartley
06-02-18, 17:48
Bore off love.

Quite :thumbup:

ccfc_is_my_life
06-02-18, 17:55
"Ooooh, Lee, I want your babies" brigade tirelessly spmming same old crap = good.
Me spamming in response that their view may be wrong = bad.

It's like debating with Corbynistas.

J R Hartley
06-02-18, 18:00
"Ooooh, Lee, I want your babies" brigade tirelessly spmming same old crap = good.

Bore off Roathy

ccfc_is_my_life
06-02-18, 18:02
Bore off Roathy

Why, has Roathy been posting again?

dembethewarrior
06-02-18, 18:09

You can cry all you want about right and wrong. Not arsed what one I'm seen as. But you bore the bubbles out of my ice cold lager.

ccfc_is_my_life
06-02-18, 18:15
You can cry all you want about right and wrong. Not arsed what one I'm seen as. But you bore the bubbles out of my ice cold lager.

Well, you're hardly the most scintillting of posters yourself imo. Then again, assessing quality is always subjective.

dembethewarrior
06-02-18, 18:49
Well, you're hardly the most scintillting of posters yourself imo. Then again, assessing quality is always subjective.

Nick is long gone love, you'll have a hard job getting a row out of me these days.

ccfc_is_my_life
06-02-18, 19:01
Nick is long gone love, you'll have a hard job getting a row out of me these days.

Who is looking for a row?

dembethewarrior
06-02-18, 20:45
Who is looking for a row?

What type of reply was you expecting from this then zzz

"Well, you're hardly the most scintillting of posters yourself imo. Then again, assessing quality is always subjective."

Go play somewhere else love.

ccfc_is_my_life
06-02-18, 20:48

"Well, you're hardly the most scintillting of posters yourself imo. Then again, assessing quality is always subjective."

Which was in reponse to your comments. If you read the reply, I pointed out that was my opinion, like yours a completely subjective one.

Hardly spoiling for a fight as you and your mates seem to be doing. Pity really.

Gnojek
14-02-18, 07:19
Bit slow off the mark this week on this. Tomlin again started on the bench and came on at the start of the second half with Forest two down to Hull. It ended 0-2 so that was that, their fifth consecutive home defeat.

Old news now, but I still think he'd have been as effective as Wildschut and Jamie Ward last night (even for only the 12 minutes or so). Must have been a big falling out between him and Warnock.

life on mars
14-02-18, 08:05

There,s a bit if a weight and nuffin to gain to get onto it

dml1954
14-02-18, 11:19

Not just me that you and Hartley fall out with then is it !!. Thought you said that you were behaving yourself these days.

J R Hartley
14-02-18, 12:06
Bit slow off the mark this week on this. Tomlin again started on the bench and came on at the start of the second half with Forest two down to Hull. It ended 0-2 so that was that, their fifth consecutive home defeat.

Old news now, but I still think he'd have been as effective as Wildschut and Jamie Ward last night (even for only the 12 minutes or so). Must have been a big falling out between him and Warnock.

So he didnt come on until the 2nd half, when it was already 0-2, and someone on here was blaming him for Hulls 2nd goal?!?! :shrug:

dembethewarrior
14-02-18, 13:30
Not just me that you and Hartley fall out with then is it !!. Thought you said that you were behaving yourself these days.

Read the thread properly.

He comes on with an attitude in his first post, I say to Jamie to ignore it as he will never win.. seems to be it.

He then quotes me, no criminal offence granted, but I just make it clear I've got o interest in debate with him (as he may habe seen clearly by my first comment to Jamie as it's always an endless debate that only he can win)

If this is me arguing then I think you need to take your "I dislike anything dembe does" glasses off.

Or note off as well love and leave me be.

You don't like me because I point out that you are a rather argumentative poster, you can't accept other people habe different lol ions and you are like a mini Hitler when it comes to defending anything Cardiff city as how dare a fan criticise them with an opinion.

Not the only one to notice mate, and not the only one to notice you ain't a grandad aged poster either. Just a wind up merchant.

Let's not spoil another person's thread.

BlueArmy 86
14-02-18, 16:26
UPDATE: Lee only has 117 hours of community payback left to complete :thumbup:

dml1954
14-02-18, 17:13
Read the thread properly.

He comes on with an attitude in his first post, I say to Jamie to ignore it as he will never win.. seems to be it.

He then quotes me, no criminal offence granted, but I just make it clear I've got o interest in debate with him (as he may habe seen clearly by my first comment to Jamie as it's always an endless debate that only he can win)

If this is me arguing then I think you need to take your "I dislike anything dembe does" glasses off.

Or note off as well love and leave me be.

You don't like me because I point out that you are a rather argumentative poster, you can't accept other people habe different lol ions and you are like a mini Hitler when it comes to defending anything Cardiff city as how dare a fan criticise them with an opinion.

Not the only one to notice mate, and not the only one to notice you ain't a grandad aged poster either. Just a wind up merchant.

Let's not spoil another person's thread.

I am not going to let that one pass because you know absolutely nothing about me. I was born in 1954 and have followd City since 1964, over 30 years of which as a season ticket holder. In my time I have come across jumped up little twerps like you and Hartley before - you just dont like people who disagree with you, give opinion on here that doesnt correspond to your own or stand up to you in any way. You both act like you are the message board police but you are nothing of the sort. I do support City to the hilt, because they are my team and I actully enjoy watching and supporting them, come what may. I dont mind if people disagree with me but what I dont like is people who use personal abuse and swearing as a form of discussion/argument and also people who criticise the team, manager or club for no reason. I always try to back up what I say with information or facts, even if I sometimes get it wrong. I also dont post unless I have something to say, unlike you two.

As you say above I am not the only person or this board to notice or comment upon the way you and Hartley act and I take comfort from the fact that there are at least some like minded people on here who have the best interests of the club at heart.

dembethewarrior
14-02-18, 17:18
Loads of people disagree with me, the normal ones we end up discussing it back and forth..no offence taken.

You are 100nph into threads and won't take a back step or seem to even consider another person's opinion as you're always right.

Anyway, nobody needs to read my 100 percent correct evaluation of you again, so I'll now out now. Don't need another idiot blaming me for spoiling the internet, at the same time they jump around threads throwing bombs.

Enjoy your last year's ya miserable old twerp.

Blooburd
14-02-18, 18:41
Loads of people disagree with me, the normal ones we end up discussing it back and forth..no offence taken..

I wonder which I class as in your oh so humble opinion? considering you chase me around most threads of which I grace my presence :popcorn:

dembethewarrior
14-02-18, 19:00
I wonder which I class as in your oh so humble opinion? considering you chase me around most threads of which I grace my presence :popcorn:

Can't say I've interacted that much with you.

If you class pointing out you hate most of our players as chasing you round..then all the best to you....

What a weird post.

Blooburd
14-02-18, 19:02
Can't say I've interacted that much with you.

If you class pointing out you hate most of our players as chasing you round..then all the best to you....

What a weird post.

repeating the same lame comment does count as chasing - all the best to you, chum

they were too boring to reply to until now :popcorn:

jamieccfc
14-02-18, 19:03
Loads of people disagree with me, the normal ones we end up discussing
Enjoy your last year's ya miserable old twerp.

A bit harsh mate

dembethewarrior
14-02-18, 19:05
A bit harsh mate

What is? Calling him miserable?

It was making reference to his age.

"Last years" could be 30 years. Let's not all go soft now ffs.

dembethewarrior
14-02-18, 19:19

Edit.

I'll put it a better way...

Stop being so miserable and enjoy your life.

This board at times.. Jesus.

jamieccfc
14-02-18, 19:22

I was only winding you up. Ignore dml he won't have a single word of criticism said against the club and blooturd he's a wum.

dembethewarrior
14-02-18, 19:24
I was only winding you up. Ignore dml he won't have a single word of criticism said against the club and blooturd he's a wum.

I've just been had. Bastard :hehe:

Nah I know mate. I'm the problem though apparently :hehe:

Gnojek
17-02-18, 22:37
Tomlin got his first start for Forest today and played for 89 minutes in a goalless draw at Burton, most of which with his team down to ten men. Pretty sure if that was for City, he'd have been sacrificed by NW for the positional replacement.

Blooburd
17-02-18, 22:58
Tomlin may be a asshole irl. However when he did play for us he did bust a gut (ok that's not a hard feat by his waistline) and he showed some class. I don't get why people are on his back tbh..

Hopefully he turns his life around and starts performing because of it. He was much more enjoyable to watch than the last number 7 we had.

Gnojek
17-02-18, 23:15
I'd love to see him back in a City shirt, although I think we've seen the last of him.

Lawnmower
18-02-18, 08:19
Tomlin got his first start for Forest today and played for 89 minutes in a goalless draw at Burton, most of which with his team down to ten men. Pretty sure if that was for City, he'd have been sacrificed by NW for the positional replacement.

That is interesting.

He was often seen as a defensive millstone, but if Forest kept him on with 10 then he surely would have had to work.

Good news I guess.

Hopefully he improves them so they take points off the other promotion chasers

Gnojek
18-02-18, 11:43
That's what I thought too. Might just be that there is a stronger bond between Tomlin and Karanka than there's been with the other managers he's played under.

WJ99mobile
20-02-18, 21:38
Scored for Forest.

Sign him up

J R Hartley
20-02-18, 21:40
Started the game and scored in the 85th minute. Impossible for someone who is a disgrace the the proffesion and can only run for 15-20 minutes surely?

WJ99mobile
20-02-18, 21:48
Started the game and scored in the 85th minute. Impossible for someone who is a disgrace the the proffesion and can only run for 15-20 minutes surely?

They’re not mutually exclusive.

Pearcey3
20-02-18, 21:48
He has only scored twice this season. Both times against us. Shocking from Gunter in the build up to their goal. Totally out of position.

J R Hartley
20-02-18, 21:52
They’re not mutually exclusive.
Yes I’m sure the Karanka would just let him walk around not trying for the other 70 minutes whilst he was blowing out of his arse

dave1927
20-02-18, 21:58
Yes I’m sure the Karanka would just let him walk around not trying for the other 70 minutes whilst he was blowing out of his arse

Or perhaps with the makeup of their squad Karanka sees Tomlin as their best hope of a goal regardless of his physical state so perseveres. Our squad is different, i think we have options and goals from a larger pool of fitter players. Warnock obviously feels the same and our situation against forrests sort of demonstrates it.

J R Hartley
20-02-18, 22:12
Or perhaps with the makeup of their squad Karanka sees Tomlin as their best hope of a goal regardless of his physical state so perseveres. Our squad is different, i think we have options and goals from a larger pool of fitter players. Warnock obviously feels the same and our situation against forrests sort of demonstrates it.
Or perhaps, Tomlin does not have the fitness of a parks player as some on here would have you believe

Penarth Blues
20-02-18, 22:16
Or perhaps, Tomlin does not have the fitness of a parks player as some on here would have you believe

It's reasonable that some managers will tolerate a less mobile midfielder for the other skills he brings while others need other qualities from their players.

Nothing unusual about Tomlin playing a full game for Forest in that respect. I just don't expect he's been that quick during the match.

Will be interesting to hear some Forest fans view on how he's playing. I'd love him to come back here much fitter and able to contribute.

WJ99mobile
20-02-18, 22:17

Or the rest of the team are doing all the donkey work for him.

There’s no doubt he’s a cracking player but we need everyone giving everything 100% of the time to go up automatically

dave1927
20-02-18, 22:17

I wouldn't suggest that Tomlin isn't a fit footballer. However, there are levels, and i don't think Warnock trusts his fitness or his attitude enough to put in a full shift as he does others. Things are obviously different with Katanka and Forrest. Good luck to the guy, he is a talent, just not a talent our club and management are willing to indulge in. Shame in some ways but i wouldn't swap what we have and where we are with our team or league position to see a trick in and out when the player fancies it.

cyril evans awaydays
20-02-18, 22:18

Perhaps he just likes scoring against Reading

Pearcey3
20-02-18, 22:20
Perhaps he just likes scoring against Reading

The **** has cost us four points this season

J R Hartley
20-02-18, 22:22
It's reasonable that some managers will tolerate a less mobile midfielder for the other skills he brings while others need other qualities from their players.

Nothing unusual about Tomlin playing a full game for Forest in that respect. I just don't expect he's been that quick during the match.

Will be interesting to hear some Forest fans view on how he's playing. I'd love him to come back here much fitter and able to contribute.

Totally understand that which makes Warnock signing him in the first place an odd one as he’s not going to charge around for 90 minutes, and isn’t a Warnock type player.

However, he’s been rubbished on here as someone who’s about 4 stone overweight and can’t play more than 20 minutes.

Whilst he might not be expected to do as much running for Forest as he would for us if he was as disgraceful as people are saying he wouldn’t have just played 2 full matches in 4 days at championship level.

Even if he gets fitter as long as Warnock is here I don’t see any way back for him.

dave1927
20-02-18, 22:23
The **** has cost us four points this season

A drop in the ocean of points your defence has cost you 😂 but i understand the sentiment.

WJ99mobile
20-02-18, 22:28
Apparently played good tonight.

dave1927
20-02-18, 22:29
Totally understand that which makes Warnock signing him in the first place an odd one as he’s not going to charge around for 90 minutes, and isn’t a Warnock type player.

However, he’s been rubbished on here as someone who’s about 4 stone overweight and can’t play more than 20 minutes.

Whilst he might not be expected to do as much running for Forest as he would for us if he was as disgraceful as people are saying he wouldn’t have just played 2 full matches in 4 days at championship level.

Even if he gets fitter as long as Warnock is here I don’t see any way back for him.

In hindsight the signing may seem strange now. I think Tomlin was Warnocks stab at a Taarabt style figurehead for the team. Our stardust. It hasnt worked out. Hoillet and NML (initially) provided the team that magic. We have not needed Tomlin. Maybe it's as simple as that. His QPR team would not have been promoted without that little sprinkle of stardust in my opinion. I think we can go up almost in spite of it!

dave1927
20-02-18, 22:38
Just saw the goal. Composed finish from Tomlin tonight and took up a very good position in order to receive the chance.

J R Hartley
20-02-18, 22:39
Just watched the highlights on Sky. He was involved in everything positive Forest did. Created a few chances, few dribbles, some lovely passes and took his goal very well.

It’s a shame we never got to see that here apart from the odd glimpse off the bench.

J R Hartley
20-02-18, 22:40
Pearcey you were lucky to get a point based on the highlights!!

Blooburd
21-02-18, 00:17
Just watched the highlights on Sky. He was involved in everything positive Forest did. Created a few chances, few dribbles, some lovely passes and took his goal very well.

It’s a shame we never got to see that here apart from the odd glimpse off the bench.

He fed off scraps largely when with us. Forest seem to be actually playing the ball to his feet.

If Tomlin would've played for us at the start of the season before all this hoofball nonsense he would've done a LOT better imo. That being said I doubt he would've been better than Damour, Ralls & Gunnarson going by the form they were in back then. But that's besides the point.

jon1959
21-02-18, 08:28
In hindsight the signing may seem strange now. I think Tomlin was Warnocks stab at a Taarabt style figurehead for the team. Our stardust. It hasnt worked out. Hoillet and NML (initially) provided the team that magic. We have not needed Tomlin. Maybe it's as simple as that. His QPR team would not have been promoted without that little sprinkle of stardust in my opinion. I think we can go up almost in spite of it!

I agree with most of that, although I think Hoilett is providing a fair bit of the stardust that Warnock previously had with Taarabt and maybe hoped to get with Tomlin.

It's possible Tomlin will come good for us next year if we are still in the Championship and Warnock is still manager - but that doesn't look likely at the moment. The court case and community service, the travelling (why wasn't a move to Cardiff from Leicester a contract requirement?) and the fitness issues, combined with the form of others has made the Tomlin signing a rare mistake by Warnock.

the other bob wilson
21-02-18, 10:15
I wouldn't suggest that Tomlin isn't a fit footballer. However, there are levels, and i don't think Warnock trusts his fitness or his attitude enough to put in a full shift as he does others. Things are obviously different with Katanka and Forrest. Good luck to the guy, he is a talent, just not a talent our club and management are willing to indulge in. Shame in some ways but i wouldn't swap what we have and where we are with our team or league position to see a trick in and out when the player fancies it.

There is also the possibility that he is putting in the work in training at Forest that he may not have been putting in here - I think most players would probably be prepared to do that bit more if they are playing for someone who they feel appreciates them more than some other managers do.

For me, Tomlin definitely looked off the pace when he played during the first three months or so of the season (possibly because of his impending court case?), but it was not so apparent in the games he played for us after that.

Gnojek
21-02-18, 11:50
A lot of love for Tomlin on social media. Wonder whether he's eligible to play against us in April? Could be interesting if he is.

Pedro de la Rosa
21-02-18, 11:57
A lot of love for Tomlin on social media. Wonder whether he's eligible to play against us in April? Could be interesting if he is.

He can't, FL terms state players can't play against their parent clubs. Hopefully they build the team around him and then that affects them when they play us. Best case scenario is he does really well for Forest and we can get a nice fee for him.

Gnojek
21-02-18, 12:10
Cheers. I thought the parent club was given the choice.

Gnojek
26-02-18, 07:29
This has already been covered in other threads, but for the sake of continuity.....our intrepid loanee was the star attraction at Loftus Road on Saturday as Forest won 5-2. He scored twice - the second of which was a beauty - and set up a third, as well as getting booked and substituted with 20 minutes left.

Apologies if this has been covered in other posts, but his Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/Leetomlin10) makes for interesting reading. As well as celebrating our win and trolling the Wurzles beautifully, he also makes reference to Warnock and his departure. Tomlin seems to be the Brexit of this board in terms of dividing opinion, but for those of us who'd love to see him back in a blue shirt (like me), it offers some hope that we might not have seen the last of him. Tomlin to star in the Premier League for City.....?

jamieccfc
03-03-18, 16:27
Another assist for tomlin but can't play 20 mins here :sherlock:

Penarth Blues
03-03-18, 16:31
Another assist for tomlin but can't play 20 mins here :sherlock:

Different styles suit different players. He clearly needed games and NW didn't think he'd use him here as he wasn't fit enough for our system when he left. I hope he continues to play brilliantly for Forest and either comes back to us a fitter player, or we get a large transfer fee for him if that's best for both parties.

Gnojek
03-03-18, 16:43
He played 72 minutes before being replaced. Forest now 2-up....Birmingham in big trouble.

J R Hartley
04-03-18, 10:56
He played 72 minutes before being replaced. Forest now 2-up....Birmingham in big trouble.

Lovely touch to set up the first goal

It’s a real shame things didn’t work out for him here.

dembethewarrior
04-03-18, 11:06
Different styles suit different players. He clearly needed games and NW didn't think he'd use him here as he wasn't fit enough for our system when he left. I hope he continues to play brilliantly for Forest and either comes back to us a fitter player, or we get a large transfer fee for him if that's best for both parties.

Not buying that.

He made Omar Bogle look like Thierry Henry against Ipswich.

Penarth Blues
04-03-18, 11:32
Not buying that.

He made Omar Bogle look like Thierry Henry against Ipswich.

Don't care whether you buy it or not. He clearly didn't fit in with what Warnock wanted/expected or he'd still be here.

Gnojek
07-03-18, 21:24
Our on-loan maestro was rested from Forest's goalless draw at Norwich last time. Aitor Karanka said he had a minor calf problem, but it was mainly due to fatigue - four games in a few weeks after being sat on the bench for most of the season.