PDA

View Full Version : Wigan v Man City on tv

dml1954
19-02-18, 20:26
Just watching this. Not a bad game so far. Wigan giving as good as they are getting. Quite a few niggly fouls. Sane running around like a spring chicken, surprise surprise. Annoying though before the game, commentators/pundits discussing Joe Bennetts 'hideous' tackle on Sane and showed it in ultra slow motion again, then in first couple of minutes Wigan player took out Aguero with a studs up, knee high follow through from a tackle, which could have broke his leg and Jermaine Jenas said that he didn't think it was a foul or booking as he got the ball first !!. Commentator agreed. Double standards if you ask me.

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 20:32
That number 2 the right back having a decent game... that cross though? If in doubt hit it low and hard :hehe:

Igovernor
19-02-18, 20:34
Poor sane out for the season

Rocco Siffredi
19-02-18, 20:44
Ha ha ha ha ha , take that you murdering Mancs . They don't like it up em captain mainwaring

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 20:44
Well well.

That wasn't a red.

Louth
19-02-18, 20:45
Well well.

That wasn't a red.

I thought it was, studs showing.

Bruce Foxton
19-02-18, 20:48
If Bennett’s challenge on Sane warranted a red,then so did that.Both reckless and both potentially dangerous.But of course,the narrative from the arse lickers in the studio is that it wasn’t a red.

Penarth Blues
19-02-18, 20:48
Well well.

That wasn't a red.

It was worse than Joe's as it was directly into the front of his leg rather than from the back/side. That really is a leg breaker if the other player is unlucky as the leg can't give way if properly planted

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 20:49
I thought it was, studs showing.
You should be allowed to slide in.. Just looked and his studs did come up.
Id just didn't think it was after 1 look..
After 10 clips of it now I can see the argument for a red. I'd personally put it in the top tier of a yellow.

William Treseder
19-02-18, 20:50
Just watching this. Not a bad game so far. Wigan giving as good as they are getting. Quite a few niggly fouls. Sane running around like a spring chicken, surprise surprise. Annoying though before the game, commentators/pundits discussing Joe Bennetts 'hideous' tackle on Sane and showed it in ultra slow motion again, then in first couple of minutes Wigan player took out Aguero with a studs up, knee high follow through from a tackle, which could have broke his leg and Jermaine Jenas said that he didn't think it was a foul or booking as he got the ball first !!. Commentator agreed. Double standards if you ask me.
Can’t believe some of our fans, still denying how bad Bennett’s tackle was!

Louth
19-02-18, 20:52
You should be allowed to slide in.. Just looked and his studs did come up.
Id just didn't think it was after 1 look..
After 10 clips of it now I can see the argument for a red. I'd personally put it in the top tier of a yellow.

I would too. If a Wigan player did that, the response of the analysts might have been different.

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 20:53
I would too. If a Wigan player did that, the response of the analysts might have been different.

No doubt

Trigger
19-02-18, 20:56

Well he is back playing already. How bad could it have been?

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 20:58
There's about 50 pages on that tackle on another thread mind lads :thumbup:

Hard to believe that it's 82-12 possession wise looking on flashscores.

dml1954
19-02-18, 21:01

Sorry but I didnt say that at all. It was obviously a bad tackle but I am having a go at the double standards of the media and tv people who have gone on totally hysterically about it for weeks whilst not criticising other bad tackles they have seen since, including the one tonight which got Delph sent off. He made the tackle whilst looking the other way.

dml1954
19-02-18, 21:04
It was worse than Joe's as it was directly into the front of his leg rather than from the back/side. That really is a leg breaker if the other player is unlucky as the leg can't give way if properly planted

Delph wasnt even looking at the ball or player at the point of impact - he turned his head away, obviously knowing he was going to clatter the player. How any of the commentators can say its not a red card after all the hysteria around Joe Bennetts tackle is beyond me. Delph was wound up by something that happened just before on the other side of the pitch.

Gnojek
19-02-18, 21:06
I was more interested in Guardiola's reaction. He's such a sanctimonious gobshite when things don't go his way. His tantrums are laughable. He's so used to seeing things go his way, he can't handle it when they don't. Yes, they're great to watch and good on him for promoting entertaining football. However, his team can dish it out when they want to. He gets on his pulpit when an opposing player offends against one of his players, but goes nuts when it's the other way around.

dml1954
19-02-18, 21:09
Why are quite a few rows of seats at the front of the stands around the pitch out of use ?. This is affecting the crowd and money Wigan are taking surely.

William Treseder
Sorry but I didnt say that at all. It was obviously a bad tackle but I am having a go at the double standards of the media and tv people who have gone on totally hysterically about it for weeks whilst not criticising other bad tackles they have seen since, including the one tonight which got Delph sent off. He made the tackle whilst looking the other way.

So saying “Sane is running around like a spring chicken, surprise surprise,” isn’t trying to make light of Bennett’s tackle?

binman
They'll have a suspension now - they'll be down to only 19 £50 million + players

Poor dabs will have to go out and try and nick the best player from a rival club for £70 million

Pray for Pep - its just not fair

Gnojek
19-02-18, 21:10
Why are quite a few rows of seats at the front of the stands around the pitch out of use ?. This is affecting the crowd and money Wigan are taking surely.

Probably deliberate so they can cover them with tarpaulin, so as to make it look as if there are no seats there and therefore that the stand is full?

William Treseder
19-02-18, 21:11
I was more interested in Guardiola's reaction. He's such a sanctimonious gobshite when things don't go his way. His tantrums are laughable. He's so used to seeing things go his way, he can't handle it when they don't. Yes, they're great to watch and good on him for promoting entertaining football. However, his team can dish it out when they want to. He gets on his pulpit when an opposing player offends against one of his players, but goes nuts when it's the other way around.

Wigan boy should have nutted the Keunt!

Trigger
19-02-18, 21:11
Looking at the man City kit reminded me of our mauve kit. Be a good away choice next season?

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 21:13
They'll have a suspension now - they'll be down to only 19 £50 million + players

Poor dabs will have to go out and try and nick the best player from a rival club for £70 million

Pray for Pep - its just not fair
Only spent over 50 million twice I believe.

dml1954
19-02-18, 21:13
Alan Shearer is a hypocrite. He is still saying it wasnt a bad tackle even after watching it in slow motion four or five times. He is blindly backing up his colleague Jenas in spite of the evidence showing otherwise. You could tell wnen he was talking through it in slowmo that he realised what he was saying was rubbish but he still carried on. If it had been a Wigan player he would have said the exact opposite.

Gnojek
19-02-18, 21:15
Wigan boy should have nutted the Keunt!

I couldn't work out if Paul Cook was about to nut him, whether he was trying to calm things down or whether he was scared!

dml1954
19-02-18, 21:20
So saying “Sane is running around like a spring chicken, surprise surprise,” isn’t trying to make light of Bennett’s tackle?

No - he was running around like that and Guardiola said it was a serious injury and that he would be out at least 6 weeks. I am havng a go at Guardiola and not making light of Bennetts tackle. That is a totally separate issue to how bad Bennetts tackle was. You appear fixated with the tackle for some reason - most people accept it was bad.

Superdad
19-02-18, 21:20

Probably because of the height of the electronic advertising....

cardiff55
19-02-18, 21:21
What a dirty team they are. Jazz Richards is still out injured and Sane is back, so I think they need to look at themselves. And their manager is a disgrace, a petulant so and so.

dml1954
19-02-18, 21:23
Didnt Alan Shearer head butt or elbow somebody during a match and break his nose some years ago ?. God - the way he goes on, you would think he was an angel during his playing days.

Superdad
19-02-18, 21:24
Imagine if that was Warnock. They even muted the sound at half time.

dml1954
19-02-18, 21:26

Could be - hadn't thought of that one.

binman
19-02-18, 21:28
I bet BT Sports are most hacked off

BBC got this and Spurs Rochdale

They got Sheff Weds and Swansea 8 men defending.

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
19-02-18, 21:28
Kicked someone clean in the head

Louth
19-02-18, 21:29
It's sickening how many times a Man City player rolls around clutching their shins with minimal contact. I know its acceptable these days, but it's so embarrassing.

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 21:33
Go on son

Gnojek
19-02-18, 21:38
Be an interesting hand shake if it stays like this.....

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 21:45
Given Grugg man of the match because he scored.

Went on to say he knows he's barely had a touch...

Gnojek
19-02-18, 21:48
Southampton will be chuffed. Rather than facing certain defeat when the draw was made on Saturday, they now need to beat Wigan to make the FA Cup semi-final.

Gnojek
19-02-18, 21:50
Nice work by the fella working the Wigan tannoy....playing Wonderwall at the end of the game :-)

bobh
19-02-18, 21:51
Lovely to see the arrogant cwnts get their come uppance!

Trigger
19-02-18, 21:51
Given Grugg man of the match because he scored.

Went on to say he knows he's barely had a touch...

Had to be a defender surely.

dml1954
19-02-18, 21:52

Not sure now - just realised advertising was quite low and it was only on two sides even though adverts went all around. Mystery.

MacAdder
19-02-18, 21:59
Nice work by the fella working the Wigan tannoy....playing Wonderwall at the end of the game :-)

Yes I laughed at that too.
Ali Yassine would have been proud of that one himself :biggrin:

Auntie Andy
19-02-18, 22:00
Their fans are such bad losers they are now throwing bottles and advertising hordings at the police. Disgraceful.

William Treseder
19-02-18, 22:01
Man City fans kicking off at the end. Bunch of tossas

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 22:03

I couldn't pick one out, but yes!!

BlueArmy 86
19-02-18, 22:04
Gotta love the cup. Hope they ban aguero for the rest of the season. Did you see him?

Gofer Blue
19-02-18, 22:04
Fantastic. Right up there with Leeds vs Sunderland. Obviously Man City fans not used to losing!

NYCBlue
19-02-18, 22:08

Sane was out for 10 days. It was reported that he'd be out for six weeks. So obviously the tackle wasn't as bad as everyone made out.

William Treseder
19-02-18, 22:16
Sane was out for 10 days. It was reported that he'd be out for six weeks. So obviously the tackle wasn't as bad as everyone made out.

Ah. That must make it a good tackle then!

NYCBlue
19-02-18, 22:18
Ah. That must make it a good tackle then!

If that's what you think, sure. Go with that.

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 22:21
There's a lovely thread dedicated to the tackle.

Can't all these posts go in there ffs.

Ianto13
19-02-18, 22:27
Surprised that Warnock didn’t buy Grigg rather than Bogle,he certainly scores big goals!

life on mars
19-02-18, 22:41
I tell you what Pepe has taught those silky players a thing or two of how to scream so loud the referee has to act no matter how 50/50 it is , then the ref's are given the Pepe verbals "my special players need special protection, against these awful rough and tough chaps ""
He's a typical drama queen from the drama la liga, its a shame as the players he has at his disposal are pure class , and can win without pretence , the same goes for la liga , they do more tumbles than the British gymnastics team .

I'd love to see what Pepe would achieve penniless, managing Wigan

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 22:44
Surprised that Warnock didn’t buy Grigg rather than Bogle,he certainly scores big goals!

One plays the other was a sub.

MacAdder
19-02-18, 22:49
Gotta love the cup. Hope they ban aguero for the rest of the season. Did you see him?

Yeah. Also heard Shearer defending him :angry:

SLUDGE FACTORY
19-02-18, 22:53
Yeah. Also heard Shearer defending him :angry:

Alan shearer , the man who kneed an opponent full in the face , he's the last man to talk about foul play

City123
19-02-18, 23:11
Can't believe the amount the pundits are licking Man City's arse

Well done Wigan

dembethewarrior
19-02-18, 23:14
Can't believe the amount the pundits are licking Man City's arse

Well done Wigan

Did they mention man city had 10 men?

Penarth Blues
19-02-18, 23:21
I'm just pleased they're not going to win all 4 competitions as I'm finding the love-in all a bit nauseating at the moment. I think Man City have got some amazing players but I hate the fact that clubs can just buy success now and the fans now seem to care more about what sums of money they're spending than watching the football ...

bobh
19-02-18, 23:29
I'm just pleased they're not going to win all 4 competitions as I'm finding the love-in all a bit nauseating at the moment. I think Man City have got some amazing players but I hate the fact that clubs can just buy success now and the fans now seem to care more about what sums of money they're spending than watching the football ...

:thumbup:
Couldn't agree more.

Tokyo Blue
19-02-18, 23:35

Please, noooo! He's in my fantasy team and I need him to potentially help me win about £250!

Great to see the magic of the cup still exists. I only caught the last 20 minutes so I haven't seen Delph's dismissal. Worthy of a red?

City123
19-02-18, 23:44
Please, noooo! He's in my fantasy team and I need him to potentially help me win about £250!

Great to see the magic of the cup still exists. I only caught the last 20 minutes so I haven't seen Delph's dismissal. Worthy of a red?
Over the ball, reckless, real potential leg-breaker, definite red

Only reason its controversial is because it was committed by one of Pep's angels, and not by one of the nasty lower league thugs

MacAdder
19-02-18, 23:44

Only saw the pundits' expert analysis and one of them said, I quote, "it was a yellow".
Now I wouldn't say it was as strong as Bennett's on Sane but it was definitely high and over the ball.
Again we see a lot of double standards depending on the agenda that suits.

The ref will probably get a roasting from Guardiola in the media and a ban from officiating at MC games for the forseeable à la Fergie.
Can't bear to watch these feckwits analysing and passing judgement on all and sundry.

bobh
19-02-18, 23:49
Oh dear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRGD0XhfZrQ

Tokyo Blue
20-02-18, 00:23
Oh dear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRGD0XhfZrQ

Cheers for the vid. Can't see it too clearly but I can see how that could be deemed a red. Pep's reaction leaves a lot to be desired and he and his side aren't getting much sympathy from me (except for the 3 Man City players in my fantasy team of course...).

BlueArmy 86
20-02-18, 00:38
Defo a red

Gofer Blue
20-02-18, 00:47
Over the ball, reckless, real potential leg-breaker, definite red

Only reason its controversial is because it was committed by one of Pep's angels, and not by one of the nasty lower league thugs

Things never change actually. Arrogance always goes with the "top" teams - remember Leeds under Revie and Man Utd under Ferguson!

Gnojek
20-02-18, 07:18
''Congratulations for Wigan for the qualification, they had one shot on target''.

Sarcastic too. What a classy guy.

Igovernor
20-02-18, 07:42
Even pep has said it was a red card

light up the darkness
20-02-18, 07:56

I thought #33 was outstanding in defence
One of the Wigan fans kissed him on the lips at the end

life on mars
20-02-18, 08:38

Leave poor old Wolves alone

life on mars
20-02-18, 08:41
Cheers for the vid. Can't see it too clearly but I can see how that could be deemed a red. Pep's reaction leaves a lot to be desired and he and his side aren't getting much sympathy from me (except for the 3 Man City players in my fantasy team of course...).

After that it got worse the player looking on in that picture shoves Cook badly .

BuyingManCityTickets
20-02-18, 08:50
One of the most obvious red cards I have seen this season & shearer etc saying they can't understand it. If the shoe were on the other foot and this was some journeyman from wigan? Hmmmm

"You have to protect the artists" - Pep Guardiola

hahahahahahaha

Little old wigan

If Arsenal beat them Sunday as well...

life on mars
20-02-18, 09:00
I'd put the Wigan win down to the City softening them up , in the round before

MacAdder
20-02-18, 09:27
Not a very dignified acceptance of defeat there Pep.
Going the same way as Jose Mourinho by the looks of things.

Trigger
20-02-18, 11:34
Really wanted to like pep as the football Barca played under him was another level.

But he can't handle any pressure can he. The reaction to our game and last night is comical. Just as well the league is all but won or some of the press conferences would be hilarious.

He's passionate I get that but what is he doing in the tunnel there.

ken smith
20-02-18, 12:43
Really wanted to like pep as the football Barca played under him was another level.

But he can't handle any pressure can he. The reaction to our game and last night is comical. Just as well the league is all but won or some of the press conferences would be hilarious.

He's passionate I get that but what is he doing in the tunnel there.

I think he's like that because he wants to win so much regardless of the level of the opposition.

Makes him look sore, but that's part of his make up.

The Lone Gunman
20-02-18, 12:52
But he can't handle any pressure can he.

:hehe:

Brilliant.

ccfc_is_my_life
20-02-18, 13:00
I think he's like that because he wants to win so much regardless of the level of the opposition.

Makes him look sore, but that's part of his make up.

No, he needs to win to maintain the "I'm greatest manager ever" mantra he believes despite having managed teams with the best players in their leagues. How dare those little teams dare to beat the greatest manager ever!

I'm utterly disgusted by Cook in the tunnel though. He should have nutted Pep.

Trigger
20-02-18, 14:40
:hehe:

Brilliant.

:)

He's a flapper.