Former Labour leader
19-02-18, 23:30
happy days

bobh
19-02-18, 23:31
Thanks for the reminder, and spoiling my joy at the Mancs result.:frown:

dave1927
19-02-18, 23:58
Mine is rolled up in a cubby hole in the boot of my car. Where it has been since full time of the game against Brighton.

BlueArmy 86
20-02-18, 00:01
It was freezing that night

Tokyo Blue
20-02-18, 00:31
By pure chance I was back in the UK for that match, and I felt dirty wearing it...but it was feckin' cold that night!

And it was free....(but then again so are STDs.)

BlueArmy 86
20-02-18, 00:37
It was a master plan. Coldest night for ages and I for one wore that scarf for the warmth. I mean, it was an ugly scarf ffs I wouldn't have wore it for any other reason. And I imagine people will be sceptical about that, but it's the truth. And i think many other fans were wearing it for the same reason as I was.

dave1927
20-02-18, 00:55
I often think i should throw mine toward the pitch in a show of defiance even this many years on.

Wales-Bales
20-02-18, 01:24
A few traitors wearing blue in there!

NYCBlue
20-02-18, 01:26
Ugh.

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
20-02-18, 01:40
If you wore it to keep out the cold, couldn't you have actually taken your own scarf to an open air event on a cold night in February?

Tokyo Blue
20-02-18, 08:28
If you wore it to keep out the cold, couldn't you have actually taken your own scarf to an open air event on a cold night in February?

Do you mean pay for one?!

:hide:

I thought the excitement of a match in the middle of a promotion charge would be warming enough, but alas it wasn't a good game to attend.

CardiffIrish2
20-02-18, 08:55
https://youtu.be/r8OipmKFDeM

thehumblegringo
20-02-18, 08:59
We are second in the league again and this is 2nd thread in two days to bring up the rebrand. Brilliant

Don Corleone
20-02-18, 09:32
We are second in the league again and this is 2nd thread in two days to bring up the rebrand. Brilliant

Its an anniversary - and we should never forget, to make sure it never happens again!

GRUMPYS DEN
20-02-18, 10:33

Shame it can't be put to bed once and for all.I am just thankful for what we have now which is much better than for the vast majority of the time I have supported this club.

Trigger
20-02-18, 15:27
People go crazy for free shit. Nothing more nothing less. If they were white you still would have had grown men trying to get more than one.

Nick
20-02-18, 20:46
Time to forget this. We play in blue now, we have a good team and a great manager. Leave it rest now.

jamieccfc
20-02-18, 20:55
Shame it can't be put to bed once and for all.I am just thankful for what we have now which is much better than for the vast majority of the time I have supported this club.

This.

If they offered shit on a stick for free people would take it

Llanedeyrnblue
20-02-18, 22:26
Give a feckin rest

chris lee
20-02-18, 23:00
I remember a few of us tried to set up a protest for that game, to throw our scarfs onto the pitch in the 27th minute, multiple posts on both forums, facebook pages ect, think about 10 people including me did it, I lost a lot of respect for our fan base after that.

Penarth Blues
20-02-18, 23:03
Thanks to Tan's mum :hehe::hehe::hehe:

I used to think you sometimes had useful things to offer a thread but I can't remember the last time you offered anything other than the same tired observations. I wonder if there's anyone left in Wales who doesn't know you're a bit pissed off with what happened?

Badly Ironed Shirt
20-02-18, 23:14
I used to think you sometimes had useful things to offer a thread but I can't remember the last time you offered anything other than the same tired observations. I wonder if there's anyone left in Wales who doesn't know you're a bit pissed off with what happened?

To be fair, what can I offer in this thread that hasn't already been said? I was being flippant, and I was also making a thinly veiled joke about Tan bottling his chance to apologise for splitting the fan base. I honestly can't work out what was handled worse - the first rebrand, the first reversal, the second rebrand, or the second reversal. As per yesterday, I think people are being selective about which posts of mine they take interest in and remember.

Badly Ironed Shirt
20-02-18, 23:16
I remember a few of us tried to set up a protest for that game, to throw our scarfs onto the pitch in the 27th minute, multiple posts on both forums, facebook pages ect, think about 10 people including me did it, I lost a lot of respect for our fan base after that.

I was pushed back to my seat by two blokes, purely for standing on 27 minutes with my blue scarf aloft. I went to two games after that, and that's me done with the club until Tan sods off.

J R Hartley
20-02-18, 23:19
I was pushed back to my seat by two blokes, purely for standing on 27 minutes with my blue scarf aloft. I went to two games after that, and that's me done with the club until Tan sods off.
Bullshit

Badly Ironed Shirt
20-02-18, 23:22
Bullshit

Oh, I must have imagined it then.

J R Hartley
20-02-18, 23:29
Oh, I must have imagined it then.
The 27 minute protests started after you say you stopped going.

Badly Ironed Shirt
20-02-18, 23:33
The 27 minute protests started after you say you stopped going.

There was a 27th minute protest at that game - or a protest on 19:27 - one of the two. It was a muted protest, but a few stood up with blue scarves - the two blokes behind me asked me and the bloke I was sat next to to "effing" sit down, the ball was out of play so we weren't causing them to miss any of the game. The bloke sat next to me sat down, I stayed up and the blokes behind me pulled me back into my seat.

I know that, when Cardiff started losing the following season, the 27 minute protest became more of a thing, but just because it was more of a thing that season, it doesn't mean that there wasn't a "sporadic" protest at the Brighton game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/albums/72157632804814323

Here's Jon Candy's photos from the same game

Michael Morris
20-02-18, 23:51
I reported this on Feb 14th, 2013 - Just come across it. I'd forgotten they actually promoted it. Still them days have gone but with a lot of casualties.

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/are_they_having_a_scarf_783304/index.shtml

Are they having a scarf?

Cardiff City are handing out over 20,000 free scarves to fans at the City v Brighton game next Tuesday.

They will of course be red and carry the current red dragon logo. The incentive to wear / wave the scarf for the remaining home games of the season is that if you are the lucky fan photographed and selected by the club with the free gift you will get the cost of your season ticket refunded.

It's marketing genius and will no doubt be a huge success but in my mind it's another step towards ridding the club of blue and the Bluebirds. In the longer term the mindset from the owners is Malaysia FC. Only last week Vincent Tan was quoted as saying that QPR v Cardiff in the Premier League would be a Malaysia derby! What? The vision appears to be a club representing Malaysia, not Cardiff.

Just playing in red with a red badge hasn't had the desired affect in the stadium with many fans still wearing and waving blue. So now the club are trying to force the change.

The promotion from the club via email follows:

The cold-snap seems intent on snapping further every week, so next Tuesday night as we host Brighton, we will be giving every Cardiff City supporter a FREE high quality scarf as a means to keep warm, the club saying a big thank you for your support this season.

Each scarf will be handed out on arrival at the stadium - for this game only - and will become your special entry pass into our 2013/14 season ticket competition for the rest of the campaign.

During every home game from Tuesday until the final fixture we will be keeping our cameras tracked on supporters wearing or waving their 'City scarf. Photos will be taken in the concourses, stands, hospitality areas and more, forming a part of our post match FACEBOOK galleries.

After each game we will publish the photo of each lucky winner - and if it's YOU, we will refund your season ticket for the season ahead. Check our Facebook page, giving us a LIKE while you're there to make sure you get notified as soon as the galleries go live, including the winning photo!

Good luck one and all. We hope you enjoy your free gift and make sure to bring it to every game as we push for glory!!

Badly Ironed Shirt
20-02-18, 23:55
I reported this on Feb 14th, 2013 - Just come across it. I'd forgotten they actually promoted it. Still them days have gone but with a lot of casualties.

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/are_they_having_a_scarf_783304/index.shtml

Are they having a scarf?

Cardiff City are handing out over 20,000 free scarves to fans at the City v Brighton game next Tuesday.

They will of course be red and carry the current red dragon logo. The incentive to wear / wave the scarf for the remaining home games of the season is that if you are the lucky fan photographed and selected by the club with the free gift you will get the cost of your season ticket refunded.

It's marketing genius and will no doubt be a huge success but in my mind it's another step towards ridding the club of blue and the Bluebirds. In the longer term the mindset from the owners is Malaysia FC. Only last week Vincent Tan was quoted as saying that QPR v Cardiff in the Premier League would be a Malaysia derby! What? The vision appears to be a club representing Malaysia, not Cardiff.

Just playing in red with a red badge hasn't had the desired affect in the stadium with many fans still wearing and waving blue. So now the club are trying to force the change.

The promotion from the club via email follows:

The cold-snap seems intent on snapping further every week, so next Tuesday night as we host Brighton, we will be giving every Cardiff City supporter a FREE high quality scarf as a means to keep warm, the club saying a big thank you for your support this season.

Each scarf will be handed out on arrival at the stadium - for this game only - and will become your special entry pass into our 2013/14 season ticket competition for the rest of the campaign.

During every home game from Tuesday until the final fixture we will be keeping our cameras tracked on supporters wearing or waving their 'City scarf. Photos will be taken in the concourses, stands, hospitality areas and more, forming a part of our post match FACEBOOK galleries.

After each game we will publish the photo of each lucky winner - and if it's YOU, we will refund your season ticket for the season ahead. Check our Facebook page, giving us a LIKE while you're there to make sure you get notified as soon as the galleries go live, including the winning photo!

Good luck one and all. We hope you enjoy your free gift and make sure to bring it to every game as we push for glory!!

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that gimmick. In Tan's defence, I don't think it was actually his idea - but the rumours were that it was Julian Jenkins' idea.

Blooburd
21-02-18, 00:06
There was a 27th minute protest at that game - or a protest on 19:27 - one of the two. It was a muted protest, but a few stood up with blue scarves - the two blokes behind me asked me and the bloke I was sat next to to "effing" sit down, the ball was out of play so we weren't causing them to miss any of the game. The bloke sat next to me sat down, I stayed up and the blokes behind me pulled me back into my seat.

I know that, when Cardiff started losing the following season, the 27 minute protest became more of a thing, but just because it was more of a thing that season, it doesn't mean that there wasn't a "sporadic" protest at the Brighton game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/albums/72157632804814323

Here's Jon Candy's photos from the same game

JR is a known troll, stop biting :)

Badly Ironed Shirt
21-02-18, 00:13
JR is a known troll, stop biting :)

JR isn't a troll - I can happily disagree with him on some things, and agree with him on others. He's a good football poster, and although I rarely see eye to eye with him, he discusses the topic rather than the personalities.

Blooburd
21-02-18, 00:19
JR isn't a troll - I can happily disagree with him on some things, and agree with him on others. He's a good football poster, and although I rarely see eye to eye with him, he discusses the topic rather than the personalities.

Blooturd is a known troll, stop biting :)

SLUDGE FACTORY
21-02-18, 06:26
The bogs under the canton stand were blocked with red scarves , best place for them

But as has been pointed out , that's old news now

The Bloop
21-02-18, 08:22

Sorry but I couldn't join in the protest cos I didn't pick up a red scarf in the first place