PDA

View Full Version : Watched ALIEN again last night

SLUDGE FACTORY
01-03-18, 10:22
What a fantastic film

Claustrophobic , frightening , even sigourney weaver looks quite cute !

Special effects for a film made in 1979 are superb , apart from when the baby alien scuttles off after exploring from john hurts stomach ........a frightening scene spoilt by the squeeky little thing .......they should have cut that out

But the whole film more than makes up for that ......the creepy science officer ash , and the fact that most of the good guys.....and girl ......get leathered by the alien ......which is a right evil invention !!

Don Corleone
01-03-18, 12:20
What a fantastic film

Claustrophobic , frightening , even sigourney weaver looks quite cute !

Special effects for a film made in 1979 are superb , apart from when the baby alien scuttles off after exploring from john hurts stomach ........a frightening scene spoilt by the squeeky little thing .......they should have cut that out

But the whole film more than makes up for that ......the creepy science officer ash , and the fact that most of the good guys.....and girl ......get leathered by the alien ......which is a right evil invention !!

You're right, I caught it on Film 4 the other night and it has stood the test of time, it's still an excellent sci-if horror. I remember going to the cinema to see it with no expectation (and no idea about the John Hurt scene). Doubt that could happen now

BLUETIT
01-03-18, 12:54
Was it all foreign to you. ?

SLUDGE FACTORY
01-03-18, 15:25
You're right, I caught it on Film 4 the other night and it has stood the test of time, it's still an excellent sci-if horror. I remember going to the cinema to see it with no expectation (and no idea about the John Hurt scene). Doubt that could happen now

It scared the pants off me when I watched it as a 13 year old boy in our local youth club , what on earth they showed that on cinema night I don't know , nor how they got away with it

Blooburd
01-03-18, 23:12
Aliens has just started now on film4 (vm 428)

Another classic, worth a watch just to hear the "game over man!" line :)

one think I like about these films is the music and atmosphere, always gets me :)

and...another smiley...dunno why I did that twice already :)

BlueArmy 86
02-03-18, 01:00
Aliens has just started now on film4 (vm 428)

Another classic, worth a watch just to hear the "game over man!" line :)

one think I like about these films is the music and atmosphere, always gets me :)

and...another smiley...dunno why I did that twice already :)

If only you were as enthusiastic about the team :)