PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Wiggins

Louth
05-03-18, 18:22
Cheat?

Hand them back Brad.

ccfc_is_my_life
05-03-18, 18:24
And the evidence of cheating is where exactly?

Damian Collins was gobbing off on the news. That's the same Collins who smeared Warnock by repeting the Jason Puncheon claims under parliamentary privileger - conveniently not repeating them outside the HoC where he could be sued.

life on mars
05-03-18, 18:34
Took the rules to the limit, shameful sport like athelitcs

blue matt
05-03-18, 19:49
Took the rules to the limit, shameful sport like athelitcs

Cycling is such a sport that pushes that fine line and then when caught deny all knowledge of it, Saw the Wiggo ( and i am a big fan ) interview today, he really is starting to sound like Lance.

you really would have thought they would have learnt from lance armstrong ( who is back riding by all accounts, Costa Rica’s La Ruta mountian bike race, its unsanctioned, so he can race ) But they havemt

ccfc_is_my_life
05-03-18, 19:56
Plenty of top level athletes across numerous sports have asthma. That's not because they all decided they'd like to cheat / push the rules.

Not a fan of Wiggo whatsoever but this is nothing more than an unevidenced smear - something Collins seems to like to do to boost his own ego.

Louth
05-03-18, 20:09
It'll be interesting to see if Wiggins takes up Morgan's offer of suing him.

Having said that, Morgan is a creep of the highest order.

ccfc_is_my_life
05-03-18, 20:17
I suspect dear Piers fails to understand libel laws. Onus is on him to prove his insinuation Wiggins cheated. That would be a popcorn moment, definitely...

jon1959
05-03-18, 20:29
And the evidence of cheating is where exactly?

Damian Collins was gobbing off on the news. That's the same Collins who smeared Warnock by repeting the Jason Puncheon claims under parliamentary privileger - conveniently not repeating them outside the HoC where he could be sued.

I don't know if Wiggins and Sky cheated, were over the ethical line, or are all honest and misunderstood - but Damian Collins is a Grade A self-promoting twat.

ccfc_is_my_life
05-03-18, 20:47
I don't know if Wiggins and Sky cheated, were over the ethical line, or are all honest and misunderstood - but Damian Collins is a Grade A self-promoting twat.

Indeed he is.

jamieccfc
05-03-18, 20:57
Have all cyclists got asthma?

blue matt
05-03-18, 20:59

It appears alot of pro cyclists have ? ? ? maybe its a occupational hazard ? ? ?

ccfc_is_my_life
05-03-18, 20:59

No they don't. Elite performance athletes have a high correlation of suffering asthma. People assume that means they are cheating due to ignorance of the reasons behind the asthma.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/why-do-so-many-professional-athletes-have-asthma--and-does-it-he/

xsnaggle
05-03-18, 21:34
In a court of law - he has done 100% nothing wrong.
In a court of moral or public opinion - for every yes - you'll find a no.
'Elite Performance' is very fine margins, and what he did was conveniently inside the rules

I think it might be safe to assume if Team Sky were doing it then at least some of their oppostion were/are too. The difference is their governments and politicians don''t interfere and probably don't much care.

life on mars
05-03-18, 22:01
TRIAMCINOLONE is "very powerful" corticosteroid used to treat a variety of ailments including allergies and inflammation.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) banned it from competition "when administered orally, intravenously, intramuscularly or rectally" in its 2014 Prohibited List.

Its effects as a performance enhancer were once laid out by Scottish former professional rider David Millar who won four stages of the Tour de France.

Taunton Blue Genie
05-03-18, 22:05
Not having an audit trail for the package concerned is hugely suspect.

Arfur Europe
05-03-18, 22:31
Not having an audit trail for the package concerned is hugely suspect.

That whole thing was an absolute farce.

BW was also asked about said package tonight on the news and he still claimed he didn't know what was in it, but I believe it was admitted that he consumed the contents anyway?!

jamieccfc
05-03-18, 22:36
No they don't. Elite performance athletes have a high correlation of suffering asthma. People assume that means they are cheating due to ignorance of the reasons behind the asthma.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/why-do-so-many-professional-athletes-have-asthma--and-does-it-he/

I suffer from asthma myself it just seems whenever these things pop up that they've been taking something it's been due to asthma or chest infections

Gofer Blue
05-03-18, 23:06
In the BBC interview Wiggins admitted that he took fluimicil (a decongestant) in the form of a nebuliser on the day in question. He also said that he had no idea what was in the infamous Jiffy bag – the fluimicil could have been in it or it could have been already available where he was. The odd thing is that the Jiffy bag was specially hand delivered from the UK via Geneva to France, so if it contained fluimicil, why do that when it is readily available in pharmacies over there? That suggests that something else was in the bag but what – it seems there was no audit trail either which makes it all sound very suspicious. Surely these top athletes and those who are looking after them know they have to be whiter than white these days?

dembethewarrior
05-03-18, 23:24
In the BBC interview Wiggins admitted that he took fluimicil (a decongestant) in the form of a nebuliser on the day in question. He also said that he had no idea what was in the infamous Jiffy bag – the fluimicil could have been in it or it could have been already available where he was. The odd thing is that the Jiffy bag was specially hand delivered from the UK via Geneva to France, so if it contained fluimicil, why do that when it is readily available in pharmacies over there? That suggests that something else was in the bag but what – it seems there was no audit trail either which makes it all sound very suspicious. Surely these top athletes and those who are looking after them know they have to be whiter than white these days?

You can get toothpaste, paracetamol and sun cream in Spain, I still pack it and take it with me.

life on mars
06-03-18, 01:09
He is a knight of the realm for god sake ,if states he's innocent who are we to doubt a sir, now pass me my unknown jiffy bag, I need to move on.

BLUETIT
06-03-18, 07:28
Cheat?

Hand them back Brad.

Same a little olde innocent Mo, pi$$ed off to the States whn the going got tough, F ucking cheat

the other bob wilson
06-03-18, 07:41
Pretty much sums up my own views.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/05/the-guardian-view-on-drugs-in-sport-a-deep-corruption

jon1959
06-03-18, 09:34
Pretty much sums up my own views.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/05/the-guardian-view-on-drugs-in-sport-a-deep-corruption

'Coping with failure while reaching for success means our role models should not be cyclists, or track athletes, but the England football team'.

:hehe:

Des Parrot
06-03-18, 11:55
You can get toothpaste, paracetamol and sun cream in Spain, I still pack it and take it with me.

Don't forget the tea-bags!

Gofer Blue
06-03-18, 15:43

So if you forgot to pack them, would you have a mate fly over with a Jiffy bag of replacements rather than buy them locally?

Tuerto
06-03-18, 16:32
What should happen is that Athletics and cycling should change their policy and allow athletes to take anything they want to enhance their performance, no checking or testing, class a drugs the lot. I think it would increase the interest and viewing figures, just to see the Athletes faces, or sudden stop during the 5000 metres in order to eat eight bags of wotsits.

Wales-Bales
06-03-18, 18:54
It seems like we live in a world of lies, where everything we believe is actually the opposite.