PDA

View Full Version : Job with Sky available soon

ianto73
11-03-18, 22:29
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-spits-football-fan-12169442.amp

life on mars
11-03-18, 23:35
That's appalling .

dembethewarrior
12-03-18, 04:33
Spitting is disgusting no doubting that.

But "a bit of banter and mentioning the scoreline" yeah fvcking right..

Maybe he wants to behave himself when he's got a kid with him in future.

Jamsarnie
12-03-18, 07:28
Spitting is disgusting no doubting that.

But "a bit of banter and mentioning the scoreline" yeah fvcking right..

Maybe he wants to behave himself when he's got a kid with him in future.

Yep. Mouthing off whilst his daughter’s in the firing line. What an arsehole. And he should be fined for using his mobile phone whilst driving. :thumbup:

dembethewarrior
12-03-18, 07:31
Yep. Mouthing off whilst his daughter’s in the firing line. What an arsehole. And he should be fined for using his mobile phone whilst driving. :thumbup:

I just don't get it. Anyone associated with Swansea or Bristol could walk past me in the street and if I had my daughter I wouldn't even think to get myself into a position where things could escalate.

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
12-03-18, 07:34
6 match ban?

the other bob wilson
12-03-18, 07:35
The guy's tone when his daughter tells him about Carragher's spit doesn't half come across as someone who has an image of cash registers ringing in his mind, he also sounds a bit of a tosser, but there's no defence for what Carragher did and, I agree, his media career may well have come to an end in those few seconds.

Trigger
12-03-18, 07:40
Embarrassing for all involved.

thehumblegringo
12-03-18, 07:47
You always knew something like this would happen to Carragher sooner or later. On Twitter he's always got to have the last word and you get the impression he's always about to cross the line.

Shame cos I quite like listening to his views but I'm not gonna bother when he inevitably ends up on talksport!

Badly Ironed Shirt
12-03-18, 07:49
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-spits-football-fan-12169442.amp

"Oooh Jamie Carragher spat at my daughter... Jamie Carragher spat at my daughter". Got to be worth 20 grand at least right mate?

Is this the end result of thousands of years of evolution?

B. Oddie
12-03-18, 07:51
I've heard he swallows.

Badly Ironed Shirt
12-03-18, 08:13
"In all the years I've watched football, isn't bad it all about the banter?" Said the mum whilst wearing her best compo face.

Football is only about the "banter" for the less intelligent of the fans.

MacAdder
12-03-18, 08:16

Let's hope so.
Scouser who likes a bit of banter with his tv mates but can't take it from Joe public.
Huge chip on his shoulder having never won a premiership title.
Not a nice man, good riddance.

lardy
12-03-18, 08:21
Embarrassing for all involved.

This sums it up well. Carragher should know better but the dad was being a total asshole too.

Hilts
12-03-18, 08:34
Its only embarrassing for the young girl because shes now going to get undoubted stick for years because her p***k of a father has sold this video (presume hes had cash for it) to the newspaper. He should be slammed with a driving ban - its 6 for using a mobile isnt it im sure they could find more points to add to that. Ask what hes got for selling the video and double that for the fine.

The girl is clearly upset.

Spitting like that in the direction of a young kid. The dirty , filthy tw@t. Thats the end of him on Sky. In the past Marsh , Gray and Keys have all lost their jobs - hes next - enjoy yourself on Talksh!te Jamie.

A Quiet Monkfish
12-03-18, 08:41
The 3rd most annoying voice in football - after Steve McMananam and the outright leader, Owen Hargreaves..
However, he is the overall champion in over-analysing even the most trivial bit of play..

Igovernor
12-03-18, 09:38
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-5488435/Jamie-Carragher-apologises-spitting-14-year-old-girl.html

blue matt
12-03-18, 10:03
cannot believe people are condemning the daughter or dad here, did they deserve some animal to spit at them ? ?? no of course not

Carragher is scum to spit, end of

lardy
12-03-18, 10:07
cannot believe people are condemning the daughter or dad here, did they deserve some animal to spit at them ? ?? no of course not

Because Carragher's actions don't change the actions of the dad.

If Carragher had just said "**** off mate" then that doesn't make the dad more or less of an asshole. He's getting judged on what he did, just as Carragher is.

blue matt
12-03-18, 10:11
should the vilifying be directed a little more at Carragher though, sure we can all agree that spitting like that is totally unacceptable

lardy
12-03-18, 10:13
should the vilifying be directed a little more at Carragher though, sure we can all agree that spitting like that is totally unacceptable

100% of the comments I've seen about Carragher have been critical. He's probably going to lose his job and I haven't seen anyone object to that.

What exactly are you after?

Joe Gillis
12-03-18, 10:21

You can take the boy out of Bootle....

Taunton Blue Genie
12-03-18, 10:25
You can take the boy out of Bootle....

Nor Spithead then?

life on mars
12-03-18, 10:28
Its a criminal offence , Its road rage ,its not in control of ones car ,its not what one would require of an adult in front of a minor , hope he didn't have a few hospitality drinks beforehand, I'm sure he didn't .

Disgraceful, hypocrite, he's on TV week in and week out changeling other behaviors , sack him quickly , why have we had this wait or even better Jamie ,be proud ,do the do the right thing and resign .

Croesy Blue
12-03-18, 11:40
Carragher is obviously the one in the wrong.

But what a nob that Dad is though, people seem to think just because someone is a “celebrity” they have a right to be able to say whatever they want to them without consequence.

James fox
12-03-18, 11:53
Carragher is obviously the one in the wrong.

But what a nob that Dad is though, people seem to think just because someone is a “celebrity” they have a right to be able to say whatever they want to them without consequence.

He is a ex footballer for a rivals team.

Dad was giving him some stick and beeping his horn at him.

The poor Petal could have Ignored him and kept his window closed and turned up the music.

CardiffIrish2
12-03-18, 12:12
Nobody comes out of this with any credit. Granted its a disgusting thing that carragher has done and he should have ignored the idiot.

But is it worse then driving your car using your mobile phone whilst your child is is in he car? Driving without care and using a mobile to film someone has far more serious potential consequences for other road users.

Hilts
12-03-18, 12:14

Last sentence on Carragher agree.

First part - I havent seen anyone condemn the Daughter. She is clearly upset with being gobbed at but is also not happy with her father.

You seriously cant see why someone driving a car filming themselves winding someone up with their mobile and then almost certainly selling the coverage is being condemened.

Carragher should already be sacked.

J R Hartley
12-03-18, 12:16
Perhaps he will have to get a job in management now. Hes got all the answers after all.

bobh
12-03-18, 12:20
Disgusting.
I'm surprised there hasn't already been another thread on this.

Igovernor
12-03-18, 13:24
He should be sacked by sky just like they did with andy gray and his pal, but I expect he will not be, just warned:wave:

MacAdder
12-03-18, 13:26
Disgusting.

:hehe:

MacAdder
12-03-18, 13:29
He should be sacked by sky just like they did with andy gray and his pal, but I expect he will not be, just warned:wave:

What if Gary Neville starts pulling his leg about something? He'd better have a towel at the ready!

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they concoct something similar as an ice breaker as if to "draw a line under the episode".

Hope not! :angry:

Igovernor
12-03-18, 13:37

Hilts
12-03-18, 13:44
Disgusting.

:hehe:

Taunton Blue Genie
12-03-18, 13:50
Rheum with a view.

blue matt
12-03-18, 13:55
Last sentence on Carragher agree.

You seriously cant see why someone driving a car filming themselves winding someone up with their mobile and then almost certainly selling the coverage is being condemened.

Carragher should already be sacked.

I can understand a little condemnation of the Father, but i find it amazing that the outcry isnt just about a top class ex-professional footballer taking some banter and losing it and spitting into a car, how he coped with it on the pitch i dont know ? ? ? I am disgusted by the actions of Carragher, in no way did the Dad deserve to be spat at, it wouldnt be acceptable on the pitch

Croesy Blue
12-03-18, 14:15
I can understand a little condemnation of the Father, but i find it amazing that the outcry isnt just about a top class ex-professional footballer taking some banter and losing it and spitting into a car, how he coped with it on the pitch i dont know ? ? ? I am disgusted by the actions of Carragher, in no way did the Dad deserve to be spat at, it wouldnt be acceptable on the pitch
That is the outcry though he’s already been sacked from one job.

Croesy Blue
12-03-18, 14:16
He is a ex footballer for a rivals team.

Dad was giving him some stick and beeping his horn at him.

The poor Petal could have Ignored him and kept his window closed and turned up the music.

Fair enough 👍

lardy
12-03-18, 14:26

Of course the outcry is about him being an ex-pro. Do you think it would be the same coverage if it was a couple of nobodies? It would just be a viral that does the rounds for half an hour.

No one has said the dad deserved to be spat at.

Louth
12-03-18, 14:49
I can accept he didn't realise the girl was there. Of course its disgusting.
I don't think it should cost him his job though. I can imagine he gets shit on a daily basis.
I would take him at his word it was a moment of madness.
Give him a second chance.
Spitting shouldn't cost him his career.
He can afford to give the family a free holiday as an apology.

the other bob wilson
12-03-18, 15:08
Carragher has been suspended by Sky - if it's for fifty years then it's probably fair.

Igovernor
12-03-18, 15:17

To true he is filthy scum

William Treseder
12-03-18, 17:38
Nobody comes out of this with any credit. Granted its a disgusting thing that carragher has done and he should have ignored the idiot.

But is it worse then driving your car using your mobile phone whilst your child is is in he car? Driving without care and using a mobile to film someone has far more serious potential consequences for other road users.

I disagree. The daughter comes out of this with plenty of credit. She didn’t start shouting and bawling after being spat at, and acts with a bit of dignity, and shows more common sense than both the adult tossers

Igovernor
12-03-18, 17:39

CardiffIrish2
12-03-18, 17:47

The dad is a cock for driving and using his mobile Phone.
What do you think is more likely to cause danger to tiger road users?
Plus the bellend has sold his story to the tabloids so no sympathy whatsoever.

blue matt
12-03-18, 17:50
The dad is a cock for driving and using his mobile Phone.
What do you think is more likely to cause danger to tiger road users?
Plus the bellend has sold his story to the tabloids so no sympathy whatsoever.

Big Game hunters would be my guess

CardiffIrish2
12-03-18, 18:01
Big Game hunters would be my guess
😂😂😂
I need to fix the crack on this iPhone screen 😃

life on mars
12-03-18, 22:16
I disagree. The daughter comes out of this with plenty of credit. She didn’t start shouting and bawling after being spat at, and acts with a bit of dignity, and shows more common sense than both the adult tossers

I agree with Cardiff Irish I think the father should be charged for careless driving and using a phone , and Carragher charged with road rage and violent behavour ,and both heavily fined .

Igovernor
12-03-18, 22:29
He was not talking on his phone he was using the camera on it :hehe:

dembethewarrior
12-03-18, 23:54
Matt a question, as you seem like a sensible bloke and a dedicated father from your posting on here..

Does ANY of this happen if the dad isn't driving with his phone with a kid in the car? (Its stupid on your own)

He's clearly spotted carragher and thought he would get some footage for social media or to have a laugh at with his mates and show off etc.

It's obviously a disgrace what has followed, but it's all started with his idiotic actions.

Carragher is obviously a **** end of.

Would you do anything similar with a kid in the car?

blue matt
13-03-18, 00:20
Matt a question, as you seem like a sensible bloke and a dedicated father from your posting on here..

Does ANY of this happen if the dad isn't driving with his phone with a kid in the car? (Its stupid on your own)

He's clearly spotted carragher and thought he would get some footage for social media or to have a laugh at with his mates and show off etc.

It's obviously a disgrace what has followed, but it's all started with his idiotic actions.

Carragher is obviously a **** end of.

Would you do anything similar with a kid in the car?

Yes he was after some footage to show his mates of him abusing Carragher, it wouldnt have happened if he hadnt have done that, yet we all agree that still doesnt justify Carragher spitting at him

As it happens I have 2 stories from driving the car ( well the VW T5 in the first instance and my works van in the 2nd )

We were driving down to London to go and stay the weekend with my Brother, as we are driving down, we overtake the Swansea team coach on the M4, I slow down slightly and tell the kids to get the city scarf out from under the seat and wave it at them and do the Ayatollah, a bit of a laugh imho

2nd story, i had a job to do ( still do it ) near Bristol Citys training ground, When Trundle was playing for them I was driving past one day and caught sight of him, I pulled up just down the road and shouted " Lee , Lee " he looked over fairly pleased to accept some fan admiration, " you jack B-stard " was the chant, he laughed and I drove of

Both cases were imho a bit of harmless banter, lets face it, we are football fans, We give abuse to players, when they can, they give it back ( look at Jacks doing the Ayatollah or the swim-away ) we give it out, we get some back ( though the spitting was way too far )
On this note, I remember when we played Swindon and Razor ruddock was playing for them, he took the chants in great humour, you fat b-stard was the main one, he stood and rubbed his Belly, Now thats how it should be

If i saw Hartson next to me in traffic, would i shout " you jack B-stard " at him, sure i would, I wouldnt film it to put on youtube / facebook though, as I am not sure any of my " new " middle class england friends would care or find it funny, i would hope Hartson wouldnt spit at me either.

dembethewarrior
13-03-18, 00:58
No harm what you did with the scarf, that's poles apart from what's happened here though mate. He was driving holding a phone for a start.
If he had just shouted abuse minus the camera out etc then I don't think anyone would have an issue here.
He's got his phone out, his kid in the car, and God knows who else surrounding his vehicle.

Wales-Bales
13-03-18, 01:24
He was not talking on his phone he was using the camera on it :hehe:
Recording a crime in progress apparently.

William Treseder
13-03-18, 03:41
I agree with Cardiff Irish I think the father should be charged for careless driving and using a phone , and Carragher charged with road rage and violent behavour ,and both heavily fined .
There are 3 people involved in the incident. 1 of them comes out with credit. Which one?

dembethewarrior
13-03-18, 05:15
There are 3 people involved in the incident. 1 of them comes out with credit. Which one?

Kid

Auntie Andy
13-03-18, 17:59
Guess where the guy is from who taunted Carragher and admits to hating Scousers. Yes Wales :facepalm:

dembethewarrior
13-03-18, 19:00
Guess where the guy is from who taunted Carragher and admits to hating Scousers. Yes Wales :facepalm:

And?

the other bob wilson
14-03-18, 14:02
Carragher has been suspended for the rest of the season by Sky - I may be wrong, but I reckon this means we'll be seeing him on there again next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43401015

Welshcake.
14-03-18, 14:05

blue matt
14-03-18, 22:23
Carragher has been suspended for the rest of the season by Sky - I may be wrong, but I reckon this means we'll be seeing him on there again next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43401015

Another sign that Football has lost all its morals :frown: