PDA

View Full Version : Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

A Quiet Monkfish
06-04-18, 21:18
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/Cardiff/BON/tomorrow/0815/dep

Wales-Bales
06-04-18, 21:21
That's not really helpful, every Cardiff player still has a big part to play during the rest of our season :thumbup:

BTW do you think he missed on purpose?

ccfc_is_my_life
06-04-18, 21:25
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/Cardiff/BON/tomorrow/0815/dep

Slag off Madine whilst conveniently ignoring his assist to equalise v Sheff Utd and also conveniently ignoring Hoilett's mis.

dml1954
06-04-18, 21:30

He didnt miss it - the goalie saved it and it was right in the bottom corner. Perhaps you should follow your own links advice.

A Quiet Monkfish
06-04-18, 21:37
That's not really helpful, every Cardiff player still has a big part to play during the rest of our season :thumbup:

BTW do you think he missed on purpose?

No. He missed because he isn't very good.

ccfc_is_my_life
06-04-18, 21:39

He was good enough to at least be on target, unlike Hoilett.

Bobby Dandruff
06-04-18, 21:41
He didnt miss it - the goalie saved it and it was right in the bottom corner. Perhaps you should follow your own links advice.

Incorrect.

It it was a very poor penalty which the keeper was bound to save provided that he guessed the right way.

Nowhere near the corner and a perfect height. Rubbish.

Bobby Dandruff
06-04-18, 21:43

Agreed.

Maybe he will I’ll become good but so far Madine has been rubbish for us. And this was his big chance.

Why he he was taking it though I have no idea. I can think of a good five players that I’d chose before him.

Cyclops
06-04-18, 21:47
Agreed.

Maybe he will I’ll become good but so far Madine has been rubbish for us. And this was his big chance.

Why he he was taking it though I have no idea. I can think of a good five players that I’d chose before him.

Not to mention Bartley......

Seriously what has he done apart from strutting round the pitch with a puffed-out chest?

SLUDGE FACTORY
06-04-18, 21:51
Not to mention Bartley......

Seriously what has he done apart from strutting round the pitch with a puffed-out chest?

Who Bartley ?

Bobby Dandruff
06-04-18, 21:53
Who Bartley ?

Yeah, I don’t get that either.

I agree with the part about Madine running around with his chest puffed out though. Time to play some football now.

Cyclops
06-04-18, 21:53
Who Bartley ?

You do go to games, mush?

:-)

Bobby Dandruff
06-04-18, 21:55
You do go to games, mush?

The bloke dressed up as a mascot?

Cyclops
06-04-18, 21:57
The bloke dressed up as a mascot?

My but you'm quick......

.....unlike Sludge

Elwood Blues
06-04-18, 22:15
Agreed.

You and AQM are normally sensible posters.

But not tonight.

barrybloo
06-04-18, 22:22
I'm not one to slate city players often, but in my view he has done **** all to suggest he was worth anything like the money we paid for him. He should never have taken the penalty.
Pilks surely.

Bobby Dandruff
06-04-18, 22:25
I'm not one to slate city players often, but in my view he has done **** all to suggest he was worth anything like the money we paid for him. He should never have taken the penalty.
Pilks surely.

Thank you.

A sensible and measured response.

Bobby Dandruff
06-04-18, 22:28

But not tonight.

We’ll have to disagree then.

Thus far Madine has been a big disappointment and him taking the penalty was clearly a mistake. No one can question the latter, even if for some reason you DO somehow think that his contribution so far has in any way represented value for money for a £6m pound striker.

City123
06-04-18, 22:28
Lay off Madine, at least he had the bollocks to take it

Trigger
06-04-18, 22:32
First sign of trouble, if you can call one loss in 14 that and I just knew some would turn on the players.

Bobby Dandruff
06-04-18, 22:34
First sign of trouble, if you can call one loss in 14 that and I just knew some would turn on the players.

I called Madine the new Ronnie Moore after the Sheffield Utd game.......

Arfur Europe
06-04-18, 22:40

More than that, he ran over and grabbed the ball. Takes some cahoonas does that.

We were unlucky, I had tonight down as a possible loss and we move on.

Blue blood
06-04-18, 22:55
Madine took penalties for Bolton so I fully expected him to take it.

Having missed, I assume he didn't fancy the second but, in that case, it should have been Pilkington who we know can take and score penalties.

Elwood Blues
06-04-18, 22:58
We’ll have to disagree then.

Thus far Madine has been a big disappointment and him taking the penalty was clearly a mistake. No one can question the latter, even if for some reason you DO somehow think that his contribution so far has in any way represented value for money for a £6m pound striker.

He had scored 5 penalties in his career. Why can't anyone "question the latter"???

And how on earth you deduced what I "somehow think" from what I said in my 1st post I don't know!

dml1954
06-04-18, 23:26
Incorrect.

It it was a very poor penalty which the keeper was bound to save provided that he guessed the right way.

Nowhere near the corner and a perfect height. Rubbish.

You obviously werent watching or were too pissed to concentrate. It was a good penalty, on target and low towards the corner and the goalie pulled off a very good save. The ball was actually almost behind him but he somehow got his hand to it. I suggest you watch the replay. Hoiletts was off target but you dont mention that one. Get off his back.

Cyclops
06-04-18, 23:32
You obviously werent watching or were too pissed to concentrate. It was a good penalty, on target and low towards the corner and the goalie pulled off a very good save. The ball was actually almost behind him but he somehow got his hand to it. I suggest you watch the replay. Hoiletts was off target but you dont mention that one. Get off his back.

I for one want to stay on his back.

Madine's rubbish.

And his missed penalty has nothing to do with this judgement. It's down to his stats: goals; assists; passing success and directed headers.

Tokyo Blue
07-04-18, 02:35

But what about the run up? When I saw how close he was to the ball before taking it, I knew he wouldn't score it. It was a decent save though, but Madine should've wellied it.

I'm not usually in the business of slagging off players, and I know some are still emotional after a disappointing loss, but I kind of agree about Madine being a let down thus far. I was a tad pessimistic about this signing even though Warnock's record on signing players is often good, but we haven't had much of a decent return from £6 million.

Still, I'd be more than happy for him to prove me wrong :ayatollah:

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
07-04-18, 04:47
I called Madine the new Ronnie Moore after the Sheffield Utd game.......

I spotted that he was shit at the Millwall home game

SLUDGE FACTORY
07-04-18, 05:49
I spotted that he was shit at the Millwall home game

I knew he was shit before his parents had even met each other , I know my football me

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
07-04-18, 06:41
I knew he was shit before his parents had even met each other , I know my football me
Warm gravel?...you were lucky

Baloo
07-04-18, 06:44
Just so I can get my story right, is Gestede shit now again?

A Quiet Monkfish
07-04-18, 07:45

But not tonight.

Penalties can be a lottery. Even though it was an awful spot kick - slow, just to the keeper's left - it is more for his total lack of effectiveness in matches that I criticise him. He got the 'assist' at Sheff. Utd, but rarely wins a header, has absolutely awful control, and gives away free kicks all the time, putting pressure back on the defence. IMHO he's a lower league player..

Lawnmower
07-04-18, 07:52

Very very sad.

Some fans don't deserve success

William Treseder
07-04-18, 08:01
Pathetic thread. OP fickle football fan in all his glory. We’re all entitled to an opinion, but fu*k me, it’s soul destroying on here at times.

ccfc_is_my_life
07-04-18, 09:18
Madine took penalties for Bolton so I fully expected him to take it.

Having missed, I assume he didn't fancy the second but, in that case, it should have been Pilkington who we know can take and score penalties.

You assume wrong. Bamba grabbed the ball and gave it to Hoilett.

dembethewarrior
07-04-18, 09:31
This is an attempt at humour I take it?

Why not just put your efforts into getting behind EVERY player?

I heard collective groans around me.if Bryson was near the ball last night, funnily enough the same idiots weren't cheering when he picked up a loose ball in our half before a wolves player had a run at goal, or when he chased down their defence and won the ball and created a chance, they did groan though when he couldn't reach a ball going through our midfield even though he was stretched trying to reach it. I have sections of our "fans" at times.
No groan when Morrison carried the ball across the 18 yard box from left to right, and played the ball up the line near the ninian stand to watch it go out (I won't groan about it either as it doesn't help the players on the pitch)
Few of them slipped or miss controlled the ball last night but only some get stick for it. Pathetic.

Glad there was a packed out canton last night they really helped our team.

The Bob Banker Spanker
07-04-18, 09:33
Hardly any mention of Hoilett's truly dreadful penalty

ccfc_is_my_life
07-04-18, 09:40
Hardly any mention of Hoilett's truly dreadful penalty

People like Hoilett therefore he gets a free ride on his penalty miss.

J R Hartley
07-04-18, 09:41

I don’t subscribe to this “having the bollox” Professional footballer, paid thousands of pounds a week has to take a free kick from 12 yards. It’s not difficult.

Can’t chastise a player for missing a pen, better players than Madine and Hoilett have missed penalties. Even the great Peter Whittingham missed a few.

We need a result at Villa Tuesday to arrest this mini slump.

J R Hartley
07-04-18, 09:42

I don’t subscribe to this “having the bollox” notion that it’s such a daunting and scary task. Professional footballer, paid thousands of pounds a week has to take a free kick from 12 yards. It’s not difficult.

I won’t chastise a player for missing a pen though, better players than Madine and Hoilett have missed penalties. Even the great Peter Whittingham missed a few.

We need a result at Villa Tuesday to arrest this mini slump.

life on mars
07-04-18, 09:51
It was very well saved and the other very good striker missed badly .

He's no 6 million striker (if that is indeed the fee? ).

He is however dangerous , and as with the last game his on field presence was followed by much needed attacks into the oppostion penalty area, which was not happening previously in the game , when he came on , their keeper got very busy ,he's not a clever silky touch footballer ,he is more like Patterson ab effective in a raw way with good skills .

We bought him I suspect as we were outdone by agents in the transfer market ?

Perhaps Grabban, was used as bait , and he fancied a sexier English club move like Villa , was it a better bet for him only time will tell, fingers crossed its was a wrong move for him ??

dembethewarrior
07-04-18, 09:59
Penalties can be a lottery. Even though it was an awful spot kick - slow, just to the keeper's left - it is more for his total lack of effectiveness in matches that I criticise him. He got the 'assist' at Sheff. Utd, but rarely wins a header, has absolutely awful control, and gives away free kicks all the time, putting pressure back on the defence. IMHO he's a lower league player..

So he didn't change our approach against Sheffield and give us a target? .

I'm off messageboards for a few days.

**** me some 'opinions' on here.

Bobby Dandruff
07-04-18, 10:58
So he didn't change our approach against Sheffield and give us a target? .

I'm off messageboards for a few days.

**** me some 'opinions' on here.

What I cannot understand is......we have a right to criticise whoever we like. You can agree or disagree. But why people seem to think that everyone is above any criticisms is beyond me.

The team have been excellent this season and many of us have commented on how far lots of players have come heaping praise upon nearly all of them, but having perspective and context is healthy (everything can't be great all of the time!)

So pointing out that some players (actually only one, maybe two) have not been up to the standard of the others, is hardly a crime!

And why do people think that this is a knee jerk reaction after the first loss in ages? I commented on how poor I thought Madine has been after the Sheffield United game. And as for hurting players' feeling as they might read this message board...... :facepalm:

We have every right to pass comment, both good and bad, on the team and players (see Jonathan Pie!) especially those of us who have been put through the wringer over the years (last night was yet another twist on how Cardiff City can screw up).

dml1954
07-04-18, 11:02
I for one want to stay on his back.

Madine's rubbish.

And his missed penalty has nothing to do with this judgement. It's down to his stats: goals; assists; passing success and directed headers.

Why am I not surprised by this post?. You cant wait to single out players and rubbish them. I am totally disgusted by the reaction to one defeat by the usual suspects on here. You know who you are. Most of you probably didn't even go to the game. Madine has only started three games, out if twelve played, since he came here in January and has come on as a sub five times. In those eight games we won five, drew two and only lost one (last night). He has worked hard and contributed in all the games he has been involved in. He has helped turn games on their head when he has come on, including Sheffield last Monday. You and others wouldn't know a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit you on the nose. Even if we dont win another game until May 6th, we will be in the play offs and have had an excellent season. Did you forecast that at the start of the season - no. Grow up all of you.

dml1954
07-04-18, 11:06
What I cannot understand is......we have a right to criticise whoever we like. You can agree or disagree. But why people seem to think that everyone is above any criticisms is beyond me.

The team have been excellent this season and many of us have commented on how far lots of players have come heaping praise upon nearly all of them, but having perspective and context is healthy (everything can't be great all of the time!)

So pointing out that some players (actually only one, maybe two) have not been up to the standard of the others, is hardly a crime!

And why do people think that this is a knee jerk reaction after the first loss in ages? I commented on how poor I thought Madine has been after the Sheffield United game. And as for hurting players' feeling as they might read this message board...... :facepalm:

We have every right to pass comment, both good and bad, on the team and players (see Jonathan Pie!) especially those of us who have been put through the wringer over the years (last night was yet another twist on how Cardiff City can screw up).

The trouble is - we havent 'screwed up' as you so kindly put it. Look at the table. We lost one game - first one in league since January 1st. We should have got a point and could have won. The vitriol on here from you and others is nothing short of disgraceful. Its indicative of people who cant accept defeat graciously, move on to the next game and see the wider picture.

Bobby Dandruff
07-04-18, 11:17
The trouble is - we havent 'screwed up' as you so kindly put it. Look at the table. We lost one game - first one in league since January 1st. We should have got a point and could have won. The vitriol on here from you and others is nothing short of disgraceful. Its indicative of people who cant accept defeat graciously, move on to the next game and see the wider picture.

You have entirely missed my point.

Think about losing away at Preston 6-0 (I think it was), or drawing 4-4 away at Peterborough, when leading 0-4 at HT.

Cardiff City have a spectacular habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. History proves this, and last night was an even more remarkable twist.

We actually played well last night, especially in the first half, a deserved a draw, but the ineptitude shown at the end is truly embarrassing from so called professionals (manager and players btw)

We ALL make mistakes, I accept that. But the SAME mistake twice within 4 minutes!!!!

Wake up and get some perspective. It really is quite healthy.

jamieccfc
07-04-18, 11:20
I thought he should've taken the 2nd one tbh

ccfc_is_my_life
07-04-18, 11:21

Blame Bamba for that.

Blue blood
07-04-18, 12:36
You assume wrong. Bamba grabbed the ball and gave it to Hoilett.

Which was a mistake and not for Bamba to decide anyway.

Hoilett is IMO our best player but should not be taking penalties. The ball ought to have been given to Pilks.

Cyclops
07-04-18, 12:50
Why am I not surprised by this post?. You cant wait to single out players and rubbish them. I am totally disgusted by the reaction to one defeat by the usual suspects on here. You know who you are. Most of you probably didn't even go to the game. Even if we dont win another game until May 6th, we will be in the play offs and have had an excellent season.

I'm appalled you don't want us to win another game - just to prove your point. And I wish I was able to get to the game - I'd be able to list in detail all of Madine's deficiencies.

I actually believe we should have kept Omar Bogle. He scored three times in 390 minutes of play. Remind me how many goals Gary's scored during his eight games for us.

dml1954
07-04-18, 13:58

Think about losing away at Preston 6-0 (I think it was), or drawing 4-4 away at Peterborough, when leading 0-4 at HT.

Cardiff City have a spectacular habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. History proves this, and last night was an even more remarkable twist.

We actually played well last night, especially in the first half, a deserved a draw, but the ineptitude shown at the end is truly embarrassing from so called professionals (manager and players btw)

We ALL make mistakes, I accept that. But the SAME mistake twice within 4 minutes!!!!

Me get some perspective !!. We would only have drawn the game even if the first penalty had gone in and then wouldnt have had the second. So we are one point worse off than we would have been. With the penalties, they were both totally different and taken by two different players, one was saved and the other hit the bar, so how is that the same mistake twice ?. Also what has what has happened in the past got anything to do with what happened last night. Do you think the players do it deliberately just to conform with the past

dml1954
07-04-18, 13:59
I'm appalled you don't want us to win another game - just to prove your point. And I wish I was able to get to the game - I'd be able to list in detail all of Madine's deficiencies.

I actually believe we should have kept Omar Bogle. He scored three times in 390 minutes of play. Remind me how many goals Gary's scored during his eight games for us.

Your post is absolute b******s.

ccfc_is_my_life
07-04-18, 14:15

Pity he didn't say that, eh? I'm apalled you blatently lie - just to "prove" your point.

Madine's deficiencies, eh? Go on, let's have a laugh.

Barry Shitpeas
07-04-18, 22:36
Pathetic thread. OP fickle football fan in all his glory. We’re all entitled to an opinion, but fu*k me, it’s soul destroying on here at times.

Agree. One thing I can’t stand about football nowadays is when one of our players isn’t playing well they’re called “f•cking shit” by some fans.
I had one stood next to me last night. Stood there with his arms folded, no singing, no cheering or clapping, but the minute any of our players put a foot wrong, he’d suddenly spring into life shouting “for f•cks sake” and waving his arms round like a brat.

The Bob Banker Spanker
08-04-18, 00:31
Agree. One thing I can’t stand about football nowadays is when one of our players isn’t playing well they’re called “f•cking shit” by some fans.
I had one stood next to me last night. Stood there with his arms folded, no singing, no cheering or clapping, but the minute any of our players put a foot wrong, he’d suddenly spring into life shouting “for f•cks sake” and waving his arms round like a brat.

Sorry I didn't say goodbye last night, good to see you!!

Elwood Blues
08-04-18, 08:03
Why am I not surprised by this post?. You cant wait to single out players and rubbish them. I am totally disgusted by the reaction to one defeat by the usual suspects on here. You know who you are. Most of you probably didn't even go to the game. Madine has only started three games, out if twelve played, since he came here in January and has come on as a sub five times. In those eight games we won five, drew two and only lost one (last night). He has worked hard and contributed in all the games he has been involved in. He has helped turn games on their head when he has come on, including Sheffield last Monday. You and others wouldn't know a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit you on the nose. Even if we dont win another game until May 6th, we will be in the play offs and have had an excellent season. Did you forecast that at the start of the season - no. Grow up all of you.

Perhsps you should take heed of your final sentence yourself Bobby?

stevebrickman
08-04-18, 10:07
Some serious c#nts posting in this thread. Yeah, it was pretty raw missing two pens in quick succession- but why the feck Madine is getting the stick he’s getting is beyond me.

Do you not think he’s going to be devestated at missing that pen? His big move- desperate to make an impression, and he’s been given limited opportunity.

He’ll have read this thread- 100% guarantee this. I don’t care how thick skinned you are, it’s not nice seeing people write sh1te about you. Poor lads confidence will be in the gutter now.

For what it’s worth- I think Madine has done ok since he joined us. He was never going to score 30 a season, but he was brought in for a specific role. Softened the worzel d fenders up first half nicely. Good headed assist against she’d utd.

6 games left. Injury time against wolves was as sh1t as it gets, but we CANNOT turn on ANY of the players now. They need 100% support and backing- and that includes Madine.

Elwood Blues
08-04-18, 10:36
Some serious c#nts posting in this thread. Yeah, it was pretty raw missing two pens in quick succession- but why the feck Madine is getting the stick he’s getting is beyond me.

Do you not think he’s going to be devestated at missing that pen? His big move- desperate to make an impression, and he’s been given limited opportunity.

He’ll have read this thread- 100% guarantee this. I don’t care how thick skinned you are, it’s not nice seeing people write sh1te about you. Poor lads confidence will be in the gutter now.

For what it’s worth- I think Madine has done ok since he joined us. He was never going to score 30 a season, but he was brought in for a specific role. Softened the worzel d fenders up first half nicely. Good headed assist against she’d utd.

6 games left. Injury time against wolves was as sh1t as it gets, but we CANNOT turn on ANY of the players now. They need 100% support and backing- and that includes Madine.

Well said.

Of course players are not beyond criticising but there is a time to do that and Bobby's timing was abysmal.

ccfc_is_my_life
08-04-18, 10:40
Bobby's the cool kid who wants to slag Madine off so that if his stint with us doesn't work out, he can then say "see? told you he was shit".

Of course, if Madine scores the goal that gets us up, Bobby would be on his knees offering to suck his cock.

jamieccfc
08-04-18, 11:18
Bobby's the cool kid who wants to slag Madine off so that if his stint with us doesn't work out, he can then say "see? told you he was shit".

Of course, if Madine scores the goal that gets us up, Bobby would be on his knees offering to suck his cock.

:hehe:

dembethewarrior
08-04-18, 13:41

Said this to my mate down the pub yesterday. Completely agree.

Bobby Dandruff
08-04-18, 16:36
Well said.

Of course players are not beyond criticising but there is a time to do that and Bobby's timing was abysmal.

So now we have to consider WHEN we post as well as WHAT we post? Utterly comical.

You lot should post on ****. lol.

J R Hartley
08-04-18, 16:59

Softening a team up in one half of a game. Not the most glowing of 3 month assessments for a player costing 6m quid.

Whilst I wont criticise him for missing a pen he was a massive waste of money. League 1 striker at best.

Has brought **** all to the table.

Elwood Blues
09-04-18, 06:42
So now we have to consider WHEN we post as well as WHAT we post? Utterly comical.

You lot should post on ****. lol.

I used to respect you as a reasonable poster. Rapidly changing my mind on this thread.

Thanks for calling my post "utterly comical"

Decent of you ( if I could find a sarcasm smiley it would go here).

I'll stop there before I say something I regret.

the other bob wilson
09-04-18, 07:36
I used to respect you as a reasonable poster. Rapidly changing my mind on this thread.

There does appear to be an attitude prevailing on here at the moment though which says any sort of critical comment is disloyal and, somehow, damaging to our promotion hopes - usually that sort of thing is solely within the purview of someone like dml54, but it seems to have become contagious since Friday.

stevebrickman
09-04-18, 07:55
There does appear to be an attitude prevailing on here at the moment though which says any sort of critical comment is disloyal and, somehow, damaging to our promotion hopes - usually that sort of thing is solely within the purview of someone like dml54, but it seems to have become contagious since Friday.

For me, there is quite a big difference between some criticism, and “hanging someone out to dry”...

dml1954
09-04-18, 08:10

Why is it so hard for you to understand that there might be people on here, other than me, who are totally fed up with the hysterical and negative attitude towards the club and players by some, at a time when everybody should be right behind the team. The person who started this thread is a glowing example of how not to behave after a defeat.

the other bob wilson
09-04-18, 09:21
Why is it so hard for you to understand that there might be people on here, other than me, who are totally fed up with the hysterical and negative attitude towards the club and players by some, at a time when everybody should be right behind the team. The person who started this thread is a glowing example of how not to behave after a defeat.

:hehe: right.

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 09:38

Lets be fair if Neil Warnock said the sky was green and the grass was blue youd go mental on anyone who dared disagree with him.

You probably still dont believe Joe Ralls is injured just because it was on here before Warnock confirmed himself :shrug:

Elwood Blues
09-04-18, 10:06

Presuming you are referring to me Bob how on earth can you deduce my attitude from what I said??????

dml1954
09-04-18, 10:25
Lets be fair if Neil Warnock said the sky was green and the grass was blue youd go mental on anyone who dared disagree with him.

You probably still dont believe Joe Ralls is injured just because it was on here before Warnock confirmed himself :shrug:

Why have you always got to weigh in with your opinion about me that are irrelevent to the subject under discussion. Are you fishing for an argument again ?. For the record, I dont listen to or believe rumours started on this board because they turn out to be wrong as much as they are correct and there are posters who enjoy spreading false rumours. I wait for official confirmation from the club. I have contributed a few times on this thread but there have been many others, including yourself, having a go at all the negativity and player criticising after the Wolves defeat. Why not have a go at them instead - no didn't think so, you just concentrate on posters on your 'hobby' list like me.

dml1954
09-04-18, 10:27
:hehe: right.

What does that mean ?. Do you agree with the original post then ?. Not just me that thinks it was out of order - read the rest of the thread.

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 10:37
Why have you always got to weigh in with your opinion about me that are irrelevent to the subject under discussion. Are you fishing for an argument again ?. For the record, I dont listen to or believe rumours started on this board because they turn out to be wrong as much as they are correct and there are posters who enjoy spreading false rumours. I wait for official confirmation from the club. I have contributed a few times on this thread but there have been many others, including yourself, having a go at all the negativity and player criticising after the Wolves defeat. Why not have a go at them instead - no didn't think so, you just concentrate on posters on your 'hobby' list like me.

Its a public forum I can weigh in where I like. And thats bloody rich coming from you who "weighs in" and attacks anyone with a different viewpoint to his own, especially if someone dare have the audacity to say something negative, even if its just pointing out a player is injured!!!!

Im not going to have a go at people I agree with, I think Madine was a shocking waste of money. That would be disagreeing for disagreeing sakes?!?! Not really bothered about him missing a pen, it happens, but his contribution thus far has been shocking. Just runs around like a peacock puffing his chest out and has very little quality.

Theres no "hobby list" by the way, youre not significant to me, I will agree / disagree with the viewpoint, not the poster.

dembethewarrior
09-04-18, 10:41
Morning lads. Everyone had their coffee?

dml1954
09-04-18, 12:20
Its a public forum I can weigh in where I like. And thats bloody rich coming from you who "weighs in" and attacks anyone with a different viewpoint to his own, especially if someone dare have the audacity to say something negative, even if its just pointing out a player is injured!!!!

Im not going to have a go at people I agree with, I think Madine was a shocking waste of money. That would be disagreeing for disagreeing sakes?!?! Not really bothered about him missing a pen, it happens, but his contribution thus far has been shocking. Just runs around like a peacock puffing his chest out and has very little quality.

Theres no "hobby list" by the way, youre not significant to me, I will agree / disagree with the viewpoint, not the poster.

If what you say is true, how is it that you didnt comment on anything a number of other posters said about the criticism of Madine being out if order, wrong or totally over the top ?. You obviously have a list of people you like picking arguments with. Your post about me had nothing to do with the topic but then very few of your posts ever do.

Bobby Dandruff
09-04-18, 12:28

I'm sorry for you in that case.

I read each post on it's merits (I just ignore the silly squabbles that arise from the usual suspects).

I just cannot see how anyone can suggest 'censoring' what we say and when we say it, for whatever reason. That is precisely why I don't post on ****.

Madine has been poor since we bought him (not solely based on his penalty miss) and yet many other player have been fantastic (Etheridge - who I am happy to say I misjudged, Bamba, Ralls, Patterson etc). Should I just say nothing about the really good players either? Is that what Colin does, do you think? Never criticises, for fear of upsetting one of the players?

Just weird.

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 12:58
If what you say is true, how is it that you didnt comment on anything a number of other posters said about the criticism of Madine being out if order, wrong or totally over the top ?. You obviously have a list of people you like picking arguments with. Your post about me had nothing to do with the topic but then very few of your posts ever do.

My post to you had everything to do with the course of direction the thread had gone by the time I replied to you.

the other bob wilson
09-04-18, 13:25
Presuming you are referring to me Bob how on earth can you deduce my attitude from what I said??????

I didn't have you in mind, but your reaction has been somewhat over the top. The subject of this thread is a striker who cost us a big transfer fee (I've seen a denial from the club that it was £6 million, but the reports of a £5 million fee have not been as far as I'm aware) around ten weeks ago. Granted, he's been injured for some of that time, but he's still not scored and, against Burton in particular, missed enough presentable chances after coming off the bench to have ended up with a hat trick, he's now missed a very important penalty as well in what was City's biggest game of the season so far. As far as I can see, at the moment those who want to defend him against criticism are reduced to claiming that he's responsible for Zohore's better form and that he has an assist for our goal at Sheffield United.

Now, I'm not going to slag him off too much for missing a penalty, but I've got to be honest and say that he's not done a great deal in my eyes to show he's an improvement on the likes of Ward, Bogle or Pilkington. However, leaving my personal views to one side, is it really that much of a surprise or a disgrace that some of our supporters are looking at his contribution so far and questioning his signing? It's what's been happening on this board for decades - a new player comes in, makes a quiet start and people start saying they're not impressed.

However, unlike at other times when we have been chasing promotion down the years, there has been an attitude in this thread and in others since Friday's match that criticism of the manager, team (individually or collectively) and club is disloyal and that, somehow, us supporters will be to blame if we miss out on promotion - all of this on a board where earlier in the season you'd do well to get ten contributions to a match thread while the game was being played and a football thread on a non match day was something of a novelty.

the other bob wilson
09-04-18, 13:29
What does that mean ?. Do you agree with the original post then ?. Not just me that thinks it was out of order - read the rest of the thread.

Just found the hysterical nature of your response funny that's all - you're the board's very own Senator McCarthy with your "tell me, did you once or have you ever said something critical about anything or anyone to do with Cardiff City?" line of questioning.

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 13:32

Ive just watched it again and it was nowhere near the corner, and the ball wasnt behind Ruddy either. It was a crap penalty and easily saved.

Talking absolute guff as per usual. Your insatiable quest to defend all things Cardiff City, no matter how ridiculous it makes you look, is hilarious. Youre Cardiff Citys version of Comical Ali.

emjayblue
09-04-18, 14:09
However, unlike at other times when we have been chasing promotion down the years, there has been an attitude in this thread and in others since Friday's match that criticism of the manager, team (individually or collectively) and club is disloyal and that, somehow, us supporters will be to blame if we miss out on promotion - all of this on a board where earlier in the season you'd do well to get ten contributions to a match thread while the game was being played and a football thread on a non match day was something of a novelty.

Couldn't agree more with this, however it started before Friday as you'll see from this thread:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?431757-Fulham-are-NOT&highlight=emjayblue

I had the cheek to suggest that given their form, and the way the play Fulham could well be above us given our respective fixtures over the next three games and got slaughtered for putting forward such a viewpoint. However, to me the evidence was there all along.

Well, I guess the reality of the situation now is an eye opener for the vast majority of the posters in this thread as I suggested at the time as if we don't beat Villa tomorrow, we will indeed be in third place as I don't expect them to slip up against Reading.

There is none as blind as those that don't see.

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 14:13
Couldn't agree more with this, however it started before Friday as you'll see from this thread:

I had the cheek to suggest that given their form, and the way the play Fulham could well be above us given our respective fixtures over the next three games and got slaughtered for putting forward such a viewpoint. However, to me the evidence was there all along.

Well, I guess the reality of the situation now is an eye opener for the vast majority of the posters in this thread as I suggested at the time as if we don't beat Villa tomorrow, we will indeed be in third place as I don't expect them to slip up against Reading.

You seem to be almost willing a Fulham victory, and City defeat, just to be proven right :shrug:

dembethewarrior
09-04-18, 14:31
You seem to be almost willing a Fulham victory, and City defeat, just to be proven right :shrug:

It is a fact they will win mate. Stone cold hard facts here.

City123
09-04-18, 14:40
Slagging him off won't help, he looked devastated on Friday, however bad we felt he'll have felt 100x worse

Criticism is fine but some of it is getting OTT in my opinion, its almost like some people on here want us/him to fail just to say "I told you so"

I for one like Madine, I think he's a decent player and has provided some decent contributions in his limited time on the pitch, he's also pushed Zohore on who's performed far better since Madine's arrival

Freitag 4.17
09-04-18, 14:53
Slagging him off won't help, he looked devastated on Friday, however bad we felt he'll have felt 100x worse

Criticism is fine but some of it is getting OTT in my opinion, its almost like some people on here want us/him to fail just to say "I told you so"

I for one like Madine, I think he's a decent player and has provided some decent contributions in his limited time on the pitch, he's also pushed Zohore on who's performed far better since Madine's arrival

Exactly this. I hope to god the players don't read this board. The posters doing the criticising may well call themselves fans but they certainly are NOT supporters at the moment. There is a time and a place for wholly negative criticism which is after the event and after all is lost, NOT NOW!! It's completely and utterly damaging to the cause..!

I would warrant none of these people hold management positions, if they did they'd be getting absolutely shite results.. There's a reason you won't be seeing Warnock criticising the players right now. Disappointing to see posters like TOBW join in with this conceited bullshit TBH. The lot of you having a go whilst precluding any positivity cannot call yourselves supporters at the moment and should be ashamed to join with any celebrations should we succeed. Arseholes.

William Treseder
09-04-18, 15:06

But they aren’t above us at the moment, and may never be this season.
If we balls it up from now on in, then the team and management will be fair game.
What if Madine scores a few important goals on the run in?
I believe in getting behind the team and taking a crushing blow like Friday in our stride. As I said, if we blow it from now on in then that’s the time to let off some steam. Not now.

SLUDGE FACTORY
09-04-18, 15:14
This team has been magnificent this season and deserve our unquestioned support until the last ball is kicked

All this I said , he said , I told you so crap is fecking pathetic and the sort of nonsense you would expect from a Liverpool fan based in Surrey

In other words a ****

Support the team full stop

the other bob wilson
09-04-18, 15:32
Exactly this. I hope to god the players don't read this board. The posters doing the criticising may well call themselves fans but they certainly are NOT supporters at the moment. There is a time and a place for wholly negative criticism which is after the event and after all is lost, NOT NOW!! It's completely and utterly damaging to the cause..!

I would warrant none of these people hold management positions, if they did they'd be getting absolutely shite results.. There's a reason you won't be seeing Warnock criticising the players right now. Disappointing to see posters like TOBW join in with this conceited bullshit TBH. The lot of you having a go whilst precluding any positivity cannot call yourselves supporters at the moment and should be ashamed to join with any celebrations should we succeed. Arseholes.

The last thing I'd expect is to see Warnock criticising the players, but there is a difference between him and us and the thing I find really strange is that about 95% of the time (i.e. when we aren't coming to the end of a season where were challenging for automatic promotion) it's open house on here when it comes to slagging off our players - now, different rules seem to apply.

Freitag 4.17
09-04-18, 15:46
The last thing I'd expect is to see Warnock criticising the players, but there is a difference between him and us and the thing I find really strange is that about 95% of the time (i.e. when we aren't coming to the end of a season where were challenging for automatic promotion) it's open house on here when it comes to slagging off our players - now, different rules seem to apply.

Yes, different rules do very much apply right now, with good reason, can't you see that????

A Quiet Monkfish
09-04-18, 15:49
Whilst the penalty miss may have been the catalyst, my original post had more to do with my opinion of him as a player, from what I've seen in 6/7 matches. He doesn't win headers, he commits stupid fouls and gives away needless free kicks putting pressure back on our defence, and he looks short of pace - at least for the Championship. I'm not really sure why we bought him.

If you can't discuss your views on certain players on a message board -even if they aren't positive - then there really isn't much point in these boards at all..

Freitag 4.17
09-04-18, 15:56
Whilst the penalty miss may have been the catalyst, my original post had more to do with my opinion of him as a player, from what I've seen in 6/7 matches. He doesn't win headers, he commits stupid fouls and gives away needless free kicks putting pressure back on our defence, and he looks short of pace - at least for the Championship. I'm not really sure why we bought him.

If you can't discuss your views on certain players on a message board -even if they aren't positive - then there really isn't much point in these boards at all..

Addressing him personally with a train ticket back to Bolton is not discussing your views and not helpful to the cause in the slightest..! Just get behind the bloody team for a few more weeks and then grace us all with your tremendous, acerbic wit.. surely it can wait?

Bobby Dandruff

Exactly!

SLUDGE FACTORY

But starting the thread with train for madine isn't exactly hedging your bets is it , it's an uncalled for attack on a player at a time when we all have to stick together

SLUDGE FACTORY
09-04-18, 15:57
Exactly!

No there is being negative , having a point of view and just being an arse

SLUDGE FACTORY
09-04-18, 15:58
Addressing him personally with a train ticket back to Bolton is not discussing your views and not helpful to the cause in the slightest..! Just get behind the bloody team for a few more weeks and then grace us all with your tremendous, acerbic wit.. surely it can wait?

Wasting your time mate

ccfc_is_my_life
09-04-18, 16:00

Nope, doesn't win headers. As shown by the Sheffield game. #Awkward

He's won plenty of headers - often with no support, no runners. To "fans" that makes it Madines fault.

Stupid fouls - he's a physical striker. He's as fouled against as he fouls often doesn't get the decisions. If you want to castigate him for stupid fouls, well what about Grujic - lacks pace, as soon as someone goes past him Grujic either tries to grab the shirt or bring them down.

Short of pace? Well, that's a valid criticism. Plenty of "slow" strikers score goals. Madine scored 10 in a poor Bolton side. Some act like he's a bum; guess Zohore et al must be really shit given we've not a single player into double figures this season.

Bobby Dandruff
09-04-18, 16:02
No there is being negative , having a point of view and just being an arse

You have lost me there sorry.

Freitag 4.17
09-04-18, 16:06

It's not ****ing rocket surgery mate.

the other bob wilson
Yes, different rules do very much apply right now, with good reason, can't you see that????

No, honestly I can't - if Madine was playing in exactly the same manner and we were mid table with nothing to play for, then it would be okay to say what some are saying about him?

SLUDGE FACTORY

Suggesting Gary madine gets the train back to Bolton is not being negative , or having a point of view , it's being a complete arse

Hilts
09-04-18, 16:08
But starting the thread with train for madine isn't exactly hedging your bets is it , it's an uncalled for attack on a player at a time when we all have to stick together

Well said Sludge.

It was the same after Sheffield. Had the doesnt win headers then as well. Ignoring the fecking header he won to get us the goal.

emjayblue
09-04-18, 16:09

Give it a rest fella, just because my viewpoint differed to yours, that's a cheap shot. I have little doubt Fulham will beat Reading but will be willing my club to victory in front of the box whilst other members of my family will be there in person at Villa Park.

Bobby Dandruff
09-04-18, 16:12
Suggesting Gary madine gets the train back to Bolton is not being negative , or having a point of view , it's being a complete arse

As a sentence, that makes it clearer.

Thanks for clarifying.

Bobby Dandruff
09-04-18, 16:13
It's not ****ing rocket surgery mate.

No it isn't.

It is poor English and grammar which has since kindly been explained by Sludge, and I have thanked him for doing so.

You may want to calm down a bit! :shrug:

SLUDGE FACTORY
09-04-18, 16:16
Well said Sludge.

It was the same after Sheffield. Had the doesnt win headers then as well. Ignoring the fecking header he won to get us the goal.

Players take time to settle , if anything criticism may be directed toward nw for picking gunnars who clearly isn't match fit but again what do I know about football management ?

Freitag 4.17
09-04-18, 16:24
No, honestly I can't - if Madine was playing in exactly the same manner and we were mid table with nothing to play for, then it would be okay to say what some are saying about him?

Even if mid-table, it would still be a bit of an arsehole move to address that to somebody personally on a public forum, (the train thing). However, it would have zero chance of affecting anything to do with the success of the club.

As it stands, where we are, at best it adds nothing to the cause. At worst, if that post reaches the player I imagine it would cause a little resentment, I'd hope the player was professional enough to not let it bother him but there's a very small chance it causes a slight disconnect with the fans and demotivates the player.

Personally, this post by itself I doubt would have an effect, but an accumulation of these kind of posts could very well do that. It's potentially damaging at a time when we need every little tiny bit of help and positivity we can muster.. so yes, very different rules to when mid table.. again, can't believe you don't see that.

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 16:26
Too much importance being placed on posts on a messageboard me thinks.

the other bob wilson
09-04-18, 16:27

:thumbup:

Penarth Blues
09-04-18, 16:38

:thumbup:

I would have agreed with you at one time, but having seen several references to the players reading these messageboards then I have to now disagree. I think these boards do influence the 'real' world to some extent.

What that means in terms of posting etiquette is a different matter and I think people should post what they think. However it wouldn't hurt to tone down some of the criticism a bit no matter how bad it hurts at the time.

I'm still in slight shock from Friday but refuse to blame either player for missing their penalty, and my personal view on Madine is that I think he was an intelligent buy as he fits in perfectly to the Zohore role if needed. He also brings other attributes including, in my view, a much greater threat in the air.

I'd actually quite like to see a Madine/Pilks combination tried up front as they seem to gel quite well on the pitch.

Anyway, onwards to the Villa match. Let's see if we can get anything from a match I'm not sure I can bear to watch...

emjayblue
09-04-18, 16:40

Yeah, but at least most of us are consistent with our viewpoints

I think we only win another 2. Don’t see us getting any wins from our remaining away games.(Quote)

As yours are changing day by day.

Freitag 4.17
09-04-18, 16:41
I would have agreed with you at one time, but having seen several references to the players reading these messageboards then I have to now disagree. I think these boards do influence the 'real' world to some extent.

What that means in terms of posting etiquette is a different matter and I think people should post what they think. However it wouldn't hurt to tone down some of the criticism a bit no matter how bad it hurts at the time.

I'm still in slight shock from Friday but refuse to blame either player for missing their penalty, and my personal view on Madine is that I think he was an intelligent buy as he fits in perfectly to the Zohore role if needed. He also brings other attributes including, in my view, a much greater threat in the air.

I'd actually quite like to see a Madine/Pilks combination tried up front as they seem to gel quite well on the pitch.

Anyway, onwards to the Villa match. Let's see if we can get anything from a match I'm not sure I can bear to watch...

Exactly. Thank you for explaining this in a calmer, more conciliatory manner than I am able to.

Elwood Blues
09-04-18, 17:51
To Bobby Dandruff and TOBW

Your responses to my posts have included such comments as "over the top" "censoring" "weird" "comical" etc etc.

In response

1. Aren't I allowed to comment if I feel that some things said about players are mistimed without being over the top

2. What part of "Of course players are not beyond criticism" which I made in one of my earliest posts in this thread do you really both not understand?

dembethewarrior
09-04-18, 18:04
Monkfish are you a Scouser by any chance?

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 18:39

I think we only win another 2. Don’t see us getting any wins from our remaining away games.(Quote)

That’s because I’m adapting my opinion AFTER witnessing the last 2 performances, FulhamJayBlue.

Are we not allowed to change our opinions as well now? On top of not being able to criticise players :shrug:

I’ll have to try that line of attack when I’m next down the bookies.

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 18:45

My opinion of Madine hasn’t changed. I think he’s a journeyman, League 1 striker at best. If we paid 6m for him that’s 5.5m too much.

Anyone can miss a pen (although it was an awful one) but he’s shown nothing so far to suggest he’s worth anywhere near the fee we’ve paid for him.

City123
09-04-18, 19:28

I said this to my mate the other day, I think they'd work well together

I also think Zohore could work as a winger, to me he doesn't seem to have the poacher's instinct in front of goal, I have no doubt in my mind that he would not have scored the chance Pilkington scored from against Sheffield United

ccfc_ex_squaddy
09-04-18, 20:07
Did I miss Something??

dembethewarrior
09-04-18, 20:24
Did I miss Something??

Yeah, Madine missed a pen but hit the target so he's not worthy of the shirt. Hoilett also missed and hit the cross bar but has avoided any criticism.

Apparently posting a link of a train ticket to Bolton for one of our players is normal criticism of a player that should just be accepted, and isn't overly harsh in any way.

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 20:35
Yeah, Madine missed a pen but hit the target so he's not worthy of the shirt. Hoilett also missed and hit the cross bar but has avoided any criticism.

Apparently posting a link of a train ticket to Bolton for one of our players is normal criticism of a player that should just be accepted, and isn't overly harsh in any way.

Train ticket was harsh

Bethandmattsgrampy could give him a lift in his Volvo

dembethewarrior
09-04-18, 20:50
Train ticket was harsh

I remember something about that poster, memory isn't too good after years of killing brain cells mind.

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 20:59

I remember something about that poster, memory isn't too good after years of killing brain cells mind.

The fans had “offended” Tan and he was flying in for crunch talks. Accept the red or the moneys off the table.

He offered to go and pick Tan up from Heathrow in his Volvo :hehe:

Took some stick for years.

“We want Grampy, driving around the pitch” :hehe:

Was a lovely bloke but we never let him forget that one.

dembethewarrior
09-04-18, 21:03
He offered to go and pick Tan up from Heathrow in his Volvo :hehe:

Christ :hehe:

What a nice man..

J R Hartley
09-04-18, 21:04
Christ :hehe:

What a nice man..

He was. Really nice. Too nice for the message boards at that time :hehe:

dembethewarrior
09-04-18, 21:09
He was. Really nice. Too nice for the message boards at that time :hehe:
You can just imagine some people coming on these boards, trying to picture my gramp using one and trying to understand people taking the piss, even in a light hearted way.
Can be harsh places if you are not accustomed to them really.
I also remember seeing "I LIKE CARDIFF CITY AND RIDING MY BIKE" now that person could have added a bit to the place had he not been rinsed :hehe:

A Quiet Monkfish
09-04-18, 21:52

Listen buster, you've had a pop at me for three consecutive posts. Grow up. My views of players are my views, it's as simple as that. If you disagree, disagree, but don't get personal. OK ?

jamieccfc
09-04-18, 21:59
Train ticket was harsh

Whatever happened to him? Didn't he want to be tans free chauffeur?

Elwood Blues
11-04-18, 10:46
To Bobby Dandruff and TOBW

Your responses to my posts have included such comments as "over the top" "censoring" "weird" "comical" etc etc.

In response

1. Aren't I allowed to comment if I feel that some things said about players are mistimed without being over the top

2. What part of "Of course players are not beyond criticism" which I made in one of my earliest posts in this thread do you really both not understand?

No answer came the stern reply!!

Bobby Dandruff
12-04-18, 18:00

’It was a good penalty’ 🤨 😱😱🙄

That statement emphatically concludes this thread. Thanks goodness.

Elwood Blues
12-04-18, 18:25
’It was a good penalty’ 🤨 😱😱🙄

That statement emphatically concludes this thread. Thanks goodness.

Not really.

Neither you or TOBW have responded to my questions above.

the other bob wilson
13-04-18, 12:29
Not really.

Neither you or TOBW have responded to my questions above.

I've only just seen this and will attempt to answer because it seems to be causing you some agitation that Bobby or I had not done so yet.

I'm at the disadvantage that I still haven't seen any of the Villa game, but I must say it's odd when you compare the reaction to our loss there with the one four days earlier following the Wolves match. Then, and in a complete contradiction to what has been the norm on here for the couple of decades I've been using the board, anyone voicing any criticism, sometimes pretty mild, of a City player was rounded on and accused of disloyalty by some.

By the standards sometimes seen on here down the years, Gary Madine has had a very gentle ride of it when you consider that's he's an expensive striker who has still not scored for us after signing in January - not only that, he was one of two players who failed in what could be season defining moments late on against Wolves and I go back to the Burton game when he really should, at the very least, have scored his first goal for us considering the number of decent to good chances he had when he came on.

Given that he has been injured for some of his time and hasn't had as much game time as I would have expected him to, I wouldn't have come out as strongly against him as some did after the Wolves match. however, I have to repeat that, based on what I've seen so far, Madine is not justifying his fee (even if it is at the lower end of the estimates we've seen) and it's hard to see signs that he is going to bring much to us when he starts to get more time on the pitch - it would be wrong to hold him solely responsible for this, but, from memory, most of our best chances on Tuesday came before he was brought on didn't they?

By total contrast to what happened after the Wolves game, it seemed to be open season on the team and individuals within it after the Villa game. As I said earlier, I can't comment about that much, but I was struck by how many had abandoned the policy of not criticising the team while they are in the hunt for automatic promotion. Aron Gunnarsson may have been as bad as many are saying he was, but its amazing how people's opinion of him has changed in the fortnight since he played very well for twenty odd minutes after coming on against Burton after an absence of nearly five months - this is the man who is our longest serving senior player in terms of when he made his debut for us and, in my opinion, has played far, far more good games than bad for us in the nearly seven years since he signed, yet he's getting slaughtered by some of our supporters - I find the criticism of him since Tuesday a lot stranger than I did the stuff aimed at Madine by a small minority after the Wolves match.

Cyclops
13-04-18, 15:16
It's very simple. On the basis of the last two games, our midfield has been swamped. There was a crying need for a mobile, energetic midfielder like Bryson or Damour in place of Gunnars. And Ralls is head and shoulders above him.

If (BIG 'IF') we ascend to the promised Land which is the Premiership, Gunnars should be granted his apparent wish to go. He has been found out.

Elwood Blues
13-04-18, 19:55
I've only just seen this and will attempt to answer because it seems to be causing you some agitation that Bobby or I had not done so yet.

I'm at the disadvantage that I still haven't seen any of the Villa game, but I must say it's odd when you compare the reaction to our loss there with the one four days earlier following the Wolves match. Then, and in a complete contradiction to what has been the norm on here for the couple of decades I've been using the board, anyone voicing any criticism, sometimes pretty mild, of a City player was rounded on and accused of disloyalty by some.

By the standards sometimes seen on here down the years, Gary Madine has had a very gentle ride of it when you consider that's he's an expensive striker who has still not scored for us after signing in January - not only that, he was one of two players who failed in what could be season defining moments late on against Wolves and I go back to the Burton game when he really should, at the very least, have scored his first goal for us considering the number of decent to good chances he had when he came on.

Given that he has been injured for some of his time and hasn't had as much game time as I would have expected him to, I wouldn't have come out as strongly against him as some did after the Wolves match. however, I have to repeat that, based on what I've seen so far, Madine is not justifying his fee (even if it is at the lower end of the estimates we've seen) and it's hard to see signs that he is going to bring much to us when he starts to get more time on the pitch - it would be wrong to hold him solely responsible for this, but, from memory, most of our best chances on Tuesday came before he was brought on didn't they?

By total contrast to what happened after the Wolves game, it seemed to be open season on the team and individuals within it after the Villa game. As I said earlier, I can't comment about that much, but I was struck by how many had abandoned the policy of not criticising the team while they are in the hunt for automatic promotion. Aron Gunnarsson may have been as bad as many are saying he was, but its amazing how people's opinion of him has changed in the fortnight since he played very well for twenty odd minutes after coming on against Burton after an absence of nearly five months - this is the man who is our longest serving senior player in terms of when he made his debut for us and, in my opinion, has played far, far more good games than bad for us in the nearly seven years since he signed, yet he's getting slaughtered by some of our supporters - I find the criticism of him since Tuesday a lot stranger than I did the stuff aimed at Madine by a small minority after the Wolves match.

And here you go again Bob saying I am agitated for no good reason ( I'd hardly call one light hearted reminder and a post querying why a poster was declaring a thread closed when he hadn't answered a perfectly reasonable query agitated!)

And talk about over the top!

As I thought I had now made clear twice I wasn't saying players are beyond criticising.

I was commenting on the criticism of his penalty taking at that particular time not his overall play.

I have not seen enough of that because as you should know from my posts in the past I don't go to games because I care for my disabled wife full time.

Haven't even seen much of the live games on Sky because I have been in hospital (UHW)
and the Sky go reception has been poor

So your well written piece above was wasted on me.

I don' t actually disagree with most it and it didn't really answer my 2 questions anyway!

Wales-Bales
23-04-18, 17:29
Listen buster, you've had a pop at me for three consecutive posts. Grow up. My views of players are my views, it's as simple as that. If you disagree, disagree, but don't get personal. OK ?
So you are allowed to have an opinion, but nobody can get personal with you, yet when somebody else has an opinion that you don't like you get personal with them. Nice! :biggrin:

J R Hartley
25-04-18, 10:21
If Russel Slade had paid 6m for this donkey there would be holy hell to play.

Absolute garbage.

Pedro de la Rosa
25-04-18, 10:23

Absolute garbage.

It's alright, we could have signed Grabban and he's only scored 7 in 13 for Villa.

BR1 Bluebird
25-04-18, 10:30
Gary Madine will score an extra time winner in the playoff final.

Since62
25-04-18, 13:57

Absolute garbage.

If Neil Warnock had paid anything like £6m for him he too should be getting a lot of stick for it , but the fact is the up front fee was less than £2m , with the rest being based on goals (so no extra cost there then yet) and promotion (would be happy to pay it if it happens).

Just to clarify , I have also been unimpressed with Madine to date .

the other bob wilson
25-04-18, 14:13
If Neil Warnock had paid anything like £6m for him he too should be getting a lot of stick for it , but the fact is the up front fee was less than £2m , with the rest being based on goals (so no extra cost there then yet) and promotion (would be happy to pay it if it happens).

Keith, bearing in mind Neil Warnock's comments about Zohore not being booked enough, can you confirm whether Madine is on a foul bonus or not? Do we have to pay Bolton a bit more every time he gets yellow carded?

Father Dougal
25-04-18, 18:55

If the rest of the money is indeed based on goals then we have little to worry about- financially anyway.