PDA

View Full Version : Keep hearing Warnock has proved that he isn’t a premier league manager

Croesy Blue
08-05-18, 12:59
But how many chances has he actually had?

Sheffield United - spent next to nothing, relegated by a late penalty and a Carlos Tevez goal away to man united on the last day. Tevez hadn’t even been registered for West Ham and they got sued for £24million. Very unlucky.

QPR - struggled but wasn’t really allowed to sign anyone. Won 3 away games in his short time there, Hughes kept them up but only won 1 away game the whole rest of the season.

Palace - appointed on the 27th of August after Pulis did a runner. Sacked on 27th December. Had a bit of a nightmare but with no pre season and transfer window. Isn’t blamless but conditions weren’t exactly ideal.

In summary, while he isn’t the best ever premier league manager he’s hardly done as poorly as everyone has made out.

Des Parrot
08-05-18, 13:08
I hope we stick by him no matter what happens next season. He's got us there and with a squad and style in his image. He deserves a full season. No other managers could get better out of this squad, if & when he leaves there are very few (Pulis?) who would be able to carry it forward. It will be what it will be, so let NW take it to the end game.

Cleve van Leef
08-05-18, 13:39
He should go, when he decides to go. Not before. End of.

Blue in the Face
08-05-18, 13:49
I hope we stick by him no matter what happens next season. He's got us there and with a squad and style in his image. He deserves a full season. No other managers could get better out of this squad, if & when he leaves there are very few (Pulis?) who would be able to carry it forward. It will be what it will be, so let NW take it to the end game.

THIS!

In the likely event that we are in the bottom three later in the season. Think it will be important to remember that negative poptart clowns who tweet, post on forums and call Rob Phillips don't represent our fans, or the consensus of opinion at all. I think most Cardiff fans will remember the position we've come from. It just might not look like that on the internet.

I'm just hoping Neil feels he has the vitality to go for another promotion push the season after next, if we do go down.

Croesy Blue
08-05-18, 13:50
I’d definitely keep him even if we finished bottom, Burnley Kept dyche and it worked and if we did go down who would be better to get us back up?

Pedro de la Rosa
08-05-18, 13:57
He's never had a real crack and got cheated out of it by West Ham. I want us to stick by him, regardless of next season. Worst case scenario we're terrible but keep the squad together and have another go the season after.

Taunton Blue Genie
08-05-18, 14:13
I have a sneaky feeling that he may stay on if we get relegated - in order to have another stab at promotion.