PDA

View Full Version : Madine deal worth more than 6 million quid?

the other bob wilson
23-05-18, 06:43
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16243553.Wanderers__39__transfer_kitty_kicked-off_by_Madine_bonus/

Croesy Blue
23-05-18, 06:53
Crazy money for a very limited player.

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 08:12
Crazy money for a very limited player.

I'm sure Warnocks son Ross is his agent, i've heard a lot of the players we have signed with warnock have been brokered through his son.

Warnock also dealt through his son at QPR & Crystal Palace.

jon1959
23-05-18, 08:23
I don't believe The Bolton News story ('It is understood....') any more than the various other media claims about the size of the fee made after Madine signed.

Warnock stated in a press conference in February that the fee was £5m including all add ons. I can believe that £1m+ was added when we got promoted, but the inference earlier in the year was that there were other triggers to take it up from an initial £2m (according to some posters on here who are usually reliable if not infallible). Those would surely have included 'goals scored' - and sadly for Madine and Bolton that didn't happen.

We certainly paid too much for Madine - but I would be very surprised if the claims of £6m+ turned out to be true.

dml1954
23-05-18, 08:24
Please tell me where in the Bolton News article it states that we paid over £6m or anywhere near it. All it says is that Bolton have now received a 'seven figure sum in full from Cardiff'. That could be anything from £1m upwards. To continually have a go at Madine, when he has just helped us achieve promotion to the Premier League, is totally ridiculous. Whatever the club spent on him was well worth every penny, bearing in mind that our promotion has guaranteed us at least £100m tv income alone next season. Even if he never plays for us again he should be congratulated with the rest of the squad for achieving a miracle. I for one however hope that he plays regularly and scores at least 15 goals to stuff the words back down the throats of those people who wouldn't recognise a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit them on the nose.

dml1954
23-05-18, 08:28
I'm sure Warnocks son Ross is his agent, i've heard a lot of the players we have signed with warnock have been brokered through his son.

There is nothing like starting a stupid rumour, in the close season when things are quiet, for entertainment purposes is there. Who have you heard this stuff off ?. Are you having a go at one of the best managers we have ever had ?. You appear to be insinuating that some underhand dealing has been going on.

Wales-Bales
23-05-18, 08:32
Please tell me where in the Bolton News article it states that we paid over £6m or anywhere near it. All it says is that Bolton have now received a 'seven figure sum in full from Cardiff'. That could be anything from £1m upwards. To continually have a go at Madine, when he has just helped us achieve promotion to the Premier League, is totally ridiculous. Whatever the club spent on him was well worth every penny, bearing in mind that our promotion has guaranteed us at least £100m tv income alone next season. Even if he never plays for us again he should be congratulated with the rest of the squad for achieving a miracle. I for one however hope that he plays regularly and scores at least 15 goals to stuff the words back down the throats of those people who wouldn't recognise a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit them on the nose.
I thought his missed penalty was particularly cunning, the way it lulled both Fulham and Villa into false sense of security, which allowed us to sneak over the finishing line at the last moment :thumbup:

Croesy Blue
23-05-18, 08:43

t is understood a seven-figure fee has now been paid in full by the Bluebirds, taking the total value of the striker’s transfer above the £6million mark.

He won't start a premier league match next season, he'll be lucky to get off the bench. It was too much money how ever you look at it. He did get a flick on assist in one match but was ineffective otherwise.

Rjk
23-05-18, 08:44

A quick bit of googling suggests Warnock's son James is an agent, who was working for a company called unique sports management , the only player on their books (according to transfermarkt, not sure how reliable) that is relevant to us would be Lee Tomlin.
Madine is apparently with stellar management, who don't appear to be working with anyone called warnock

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 08:47
There is nothing like starting a stupid rumour, in the close season when things are quiet, for entertainment purposes is there. Who have you heard this stuff off ?. Are you having a go at one of the best managers we have ever had ?. You appear to be insinuating that some underhand dealing has been going on.

I know the football industry very well; along with the people in it... He says he never deals with Neil when he is interested in one of his clients but you know how things work.

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 08:48
What about HN sports too, have you looked into their dealings?

Sorry, James not Ross...:hehe:

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 09:05
p.s Mark Harris, Rhys Healey, Lee Peltier, Joe Ralls, Lee Tomin, Anthony Pilkinton & Sean Morrison are all managed by Warnocks Son, James.

However, being managed by somebody and having someone broker your transfer deal are two different things and both happen in every transfer. James Warnock done a lot of business with Cardiff since Neil has been appointed which also means he will definitely of been taking consultancy fees and I bet they weren't cheap.

Rjk
23-05-18, 09:11
p.s Mark Harris, Rhys Healey, Lee Peltier, Joe Ralls, Lee Tomin, Anthony Pilkinton & Sean Morrison are all managed by Warnocks Son, James.

However, being managed by somebody and having someone broker your transfer deal are two different things and both happen in every transfer. James Warnock done a lot of business with Cardiff since Neil has been appointed which also means he will definitely of been taking consultancy fees and I bet they weren't cheap.

Only one of those we've signed since Warnock came to the club?

Pedro de la Rosa
23-05-18, 09:14
Only one of those we've signed since Warnock came to the club?

Contract renewals aren't free.

Croesy Blue
23-05-18, 09:18
Contract renewals aren't free.
Who out of:

Mark Harris, Rhys Healey, Lee Peltier, Joe Ralls, Lee Tomin, Anthony Pilkinton & Sean Morrison

Has had a contract renewal recently ?

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 09:22
My point is that it's 10000% true that Warnocks son James takes consultancy fees from Cardiff City to broker their transfers. Regardless of what agent they're signed with. If they're signed with him then expect even bigger fees. Madine is our highest paid transfer in a while, a £6,000,000 deal will not just cost a few thousand to broker either.

I know we would all love to think that Neil loves our club but the truth is we are just another club to him with a bank balance. Ready for managers, agents + players to eat it all up between them. Until you work in football you honestly dont know the greed in the game.

Remember when Jason Puncheon went public when they were both at palace saying Warnock was taking payments from players to be in the starting line ups so they could get their appearence bonuses?.

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 09:26
Best believe Junior Hoiletts new contract which was negotiated by his father David will be brokered by a company related to Mr J Warnock

Rjk
23-05-18, 09:33
Best believe Junior Hoiletts new contract which was negotiated by his father David will be brokered by a company related to Mr J Warnock

It could well be the case that we've paid this guy some money for some work. I don't think we pay over the market rate or I'm sure Mr Tan would be all over that like a rash. They produce lists on who paid what to agents each year, I can't remember us being an outlier.

Also given you were calling the fella Ross until a couple of posts ago I'm not sure how much credence to give your insights

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 09:35
Lets hope so RJK. CTID.

Croesy Blue
23-05-18, 09:38
My point is that it's 10000% true that Warnocks son James takes consultancy fees from Cardiff City to broker their transfers. Regardless of what agent they're signed with. If they're signed with him then expect even bigger fees. Madine is our highest paid transfer in a while, a £6,000,000 deal will not just cost a few thousand to broker either.

I know we would all love to think that Neil loves our club but the truth is we are just another club to him with a bank balance. Ready for managers, agents + players to eat it all up between them. Until you work in football you honestly dont know the greed in the game.

Remember when Jason Puncheon went public when they were both at palace saying Warnock was taking payments from players to be in the starting line ups so they could get their appearence bonuses?.

I completely agree with what you've said but I think Puncheon was charged over those comments.

Pedro de la Rosa
23-05-18, 09:39
Who out of:

Mark Harris, Rhys Healey, Lee Peltier, Joe Ralls, Lee Tomin, Anthony Pilkinton & Sean Morrison

Has had a contract renewal recently ?

Harris, Healey, Peltier, Morrison, with a deal for Tomlin.

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 09:42
I love Warnock and hes's done a fantastic job but the Madine & Tomlin deals stink

the other bob wilson
23-05-18, 09:43
Some interesting names on the Unique Sports Management client list - wouldn't say no to the first four on there :hehe:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/unique-sports-management/beraterfirma/berater/4142

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 09:48
Some interesting names on the Unique Sports Management client list - wouldn't say no to the first four on there :hehe:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/unique-sports-management/beraterfirma/berater/4142

Certainly got talent on the books

Badly Ironed Shirt
23-05-18, 09:59
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16243553.Wanderers__39__transfer_kitty_kicked-off_by_Madine_bonus/

Can't be true - super dad and dml told me it's only £2m.

I'll need to re read the quote from Warnock about never spending silly money.

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 10:15
Harris, Healey, Peltier, Morrison, with a deal for Tomlin.

Don't forget Tomlin and very possibly Madine will be out the door by the time the new season comes around.

Some will call it failed signings... however Mr J Warnock has made a killing off Mr Tomlin this season alone

Signs contract for Cardiff City = Signing on bonus + Consultancy Fees

Neil doesn't play him

Loaned to Forest 'for first team football' = Signing on bonus + Consultancy Fees

When he leaves this summer = Signing on bonus + Consultancy Fees + All sorts of other payments

Probably after 3 deals Mr Warnock's son has somewhere around half a million in his pocket i'd expect all at the expense of Vinny T.

Repeat the same with Madine on a even bigger scale? :wave:

Badly Ironed Shirt
23-05-18, 10:17
It could well be the case that we've paid this guy some money for some work. I don't think we pay over the market rate or I'm sure Mr Tan would be all over that like a rash. They produce lists on who paid what to agents each year, I can't remember us being an outlier.

Also given you were calling the fella Ross until a couple of posts ago I'm not sure how much credence to give your insights

Right, so because he got a name wrong everything else is rubbish. Got to love the logic.

speedyblue
23-05-18, 10:19

Wouldn't touch Zaha again with a barge pole. After his attitude in the Palace game at the CCS when in loan with us, I dislike him more than any other footballer. How Ole picked him again after that I don't know!

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 10:21
I'd like to think I have simplified it and got my points across. I'm in the football industry myself (thankfully not in the agency game) but I still deal with sports endorsement contracts for Pro Footballers and it's pretty much the same ball game :)

It is only my point of view; you don't have to agree with me either but i'm being vocal about it because once again the Tomlin transfer STINKS

Superdad
23-05-18, 10:23
Can't be true - super dad and dml told me it's only £2m.

I'll need to re read the quote from Warnock about never spending silly money.

I actually said £2m with add ons. That said, I don’t work for the club and it’s only what I have been told from other supporters.

The 17/18 accounts will be out next year so we can look for ourselves just for clarification.

Hope that helps

Badly Ironed Shirt
23-05-18, 10:27
I actually said £2m with add ons. That said, I don’t work for the club and it’s only what I have been told from other supporters.

The 17/18 accounts will be out next year so we can look for ourselves just for clarification.

Hope that helps

I have my rose tinted glasses perched on my head in readiness - I would hate for you to disagree with me because it usually leads to accusations about my parenting skills :hehe:

Superdad
23-05-18, 10:28
You need to lighten up , seriously

StraightOuttaCanton
23-05-18, 10:34
Don't forget Tomlin and very possibly Madine will be out the door by the time the new season comes around.

Some will call it failed signings... however Mr J Warnock has made a killing off Mr Tomlin this season alone

Neil doesn't play him

Loaned to Forest 'for first team football' = Signing on bonus + Consultancy Fees

When he leaves this summer = Signing on bonus + Consultancy Fees + All sorts of other payments

Probably after 3 deals Mr Warnock's son has somewhere around half a million in his pocket i'd expect all at the expense of Vinny T.

You’re quoting 1000% truths here. You’re not alleging - you’re telling.

Do you know for a fact that Neil’s son (whatever his name is) is the sole beneficiary of the transactions?

Do you know for a fact that the deals stink? Why EXACTLY do they stink?

Could it be something far less sensational that club signs player and agent is involved - isn’t that true of every every transfer at every club?

Your implication is that we only signed some players so that Neil’s family could benefit.

If you’re claiming that as fact then I hope you have deep pockets or something concrete to substantiate

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 10:35
It is alleged, of course.

Superdad
23-05-18, 10:36
:hehe:

StraightOuttaCanton
23-05-18, 10:39
It is alleged, of course.

So ALLEGEDY then why does the Tomlin deal STINK exactly. Give us the details of your alleged claim - is it a personal conspiracy theory on your part or is there much more you can share?

guangzhoublue
23-05-18, 10:42
For the reasons stated above. Tomlin does belong to James Warnocks agency and he is about to be involved in 3 transfers within 1 season once he packs his bags.

The fact that warnock knew he was unfit + wouldn't move from Leicester yet still made him our biggest signing in the summer then hardly played him stinks im afraid.

Warnock not playing tomlin so his son benefits is alleged but you know it makes a whole lot of sense.

Cyclops
23-05-18, 10:45

Just hope and pray Warnock knocks back the enquiries from Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs that are bound to happen in the summer.

Badly Ironed Shirt
23-05-18, 10:48
You need to lighten up , seriously

Ok "super"dad

StraightOuttaCanton
23-05-18, 10:54
For the reasons stated above. Tomlin does belong to James Warnocks agency and he is about to be involved in 3 transfers within 1 season once he packs his bags.

The fact that warnock knew he was unfit + wouldn't move from Leicester yet still made him our biggest signing in the summer then hardly played him stinks im afraid.

Warnock not playing tomlin so his son benefits is alleged but you know it makes a whole lot of sense.

So just conspiracy then - fair enough

Drinkwater and Barkley to Chelsea - they stink as well?

Klaassen to Everton?

Iheanacho to Leicester?

Mikhytarian to Man Utd?

They all stink as well?

Rjk
23-05-18, 11:10
So just conspiracy then - fair enough

Drinkwater and Barkley to Chelsea - they stink as well?

Klaassen to Everton?

Iheanacho to Leicester?

Mikhytarian to Man Utd?

They all stink as well?

If we hadn't signed Tomlin he'd probably have gone somewhere else, would that transfer have been dodgy?
If he's scored a hatful when he played for us he wouldn't have been loaned to forest, so many Tomlin is involved in this conspiracy too.

bezooo
23-05-18, 11:30

Ummmm here? "It is understood a seven-figure fee has now been paid in full by the Bluebirds, taking the total value of the striker’s transfer above the £6million mark."

J R Hartley
23-05-18, 11:51
If Bolton are flush perhaps they will buy the donkey back

dml1954
23-05-18, 12:23
I'd like to think I have simplified it and got my points across. I'm in the football industry myself (thankfully not in the agency game) but I still deal with sports endorsement contracts for Pro Footballers and it's pretty much the same ball game :)

It is only my point of view; you don't have to agree with me either but i'm being vocal about it because once again the Tomlin transfer STINKS

You are making all this up as you go along. It has already been pointed out to you that Madine isn't represented by Warnocks agency, so you have switched your approach to Tomlin. You also ignore the facts that both Madine and Tomlin contributed to our promotion in one way or another, so whatever we spent on them was money very well spent, as we will benefit by over £100m next year. We spent a net total of about £6m on assembling the whole squad for gods sake peanuts. With Tomlin he only cost £1.5m anyway and couldnt the fact that he wasnt fully fit or able to fit into the required style of play be the reason he didnt play much or was sent out on loan ?. Who are you to stay that the Tomlin transfer stinks anyway. Why are you trying to discredit NW and the club after one of our most successful seasons ever - nothing better to do on a warm early summers day if you ask me.

dml1954
23-05-18, 12:26
Ummmm here? "It is understood a seven-figure fee has now been paid in full by the Bluebirds, taking the total value of the striker’s transfer above the £6million mark."

Missed it on original scan but the words 'understood' and 'total value' are the important ones here i.e. the Bolton Echo are making it up. A seven figure fee also means anything over £1m has been paid, so they are covering themselves there as well.

dml1954
23-05-18, 12:32

Neil doesn't play him

With a bit of luck, what you have posted here will be brought to the attention of the club and they will be instructing their libel lawyers as I write this. You really are a very silly man, boy or child, whichever one applies.

dml1954
23-05-18, 12:38
I thought his missed penalty was particularly cunning, the way it lulled both Fulham and Villa into false sense of security, which allowed us to sneak over the finishing line at the last moment :thumbup:

We didn't 'sneak' over the finishing line - we were ahead of them for the vast majority of the season, in case you had already forgotten. Have you paid up your membership next season for the Fulham fan club yet ?.

Croesy Blue
23-05-18, 12:40
Dml is Cardiff City’s white knight. They could shit in his mam’s Mouth and he’d put a positive spin on it.

dml1954
23-05-18, 12:46
Dml is Cardiff City’s white knight. They could shit in his mam’s Mouth and he’d put a positive spin on it.

They would have some trouble doing this as she died six days ago and her funeral is tomorrow. You really are a nasty piece of work arent you. I would rather be a white knight for City than someone with your attitude to everything and who obviously has a shortage of brain cells and can only express himself using language like that. Get back into the gutter where you belong.

Croesy Blue
23-05-18, 12:49
Sorry to hear that, if id had any idea that had happened I obviously wouldn’t have said that.

You are a bit of a happy clapper you have to admit.

Pedro de la Rosa
23-05-18, 12:55

He's got a promotion on his CV, so they can have him for £8m :hehe:

Shute
23-05-18, 13:16
Give Madine a chance before completely writing him off. He played a part in our promotion and put his body on the line, taking a nasty injury early on. With a summer to properly train with the squad he might play a big part next season in playing the difficult lone striker role. I would put more emphasis on how well he trains in pre season because we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Pedro de la Rosa
23-05-18, 14:19
Give Madine a chance before completely writing him off. He played a part in our promotion and put his body on the line, taking a nasty injury early on. With a summer to properly train with the squad he might play a big part next season in playing the difficult lone striker role. I would put more emphasis on how well he trains in pre season because we haven't seen the best of him yet.

He's had 5 months mate. He's had 6 good months in the Championship in his career, we were dumb enough to spend £5m on him. He's a good League One target man.

Superdad
23-05-18, 15:02
He's had 5 months mate. He's had 6 good months in the Championship in his career, we were dumb enough to spend £5m on him. He's a good League One target man.

I went to the Sheffield United game, changed our attacking dimension when he came on and got a priceless assist. I think that point gave us such a lift.

Played well at Ipswich , and did a number on their back four.

If he had scored that penalty against Wolves, we would not be having this debate.

Pedro de la Rosa
23-05-18, 15:39
I went to the Sheffield United game, changed our attacking dimension when he came on and got a priceless assist. I think that point gave us such a lift.

If he had scored that penalty against Wolves, we would not be having this debate.

Yes, we would. He's not good enough, that's clear for all to see. He's still not scored, and even with a pen he wouldn't have scored from open play. He's had a good half and a cameo vs Sheff Utd in the Champ. I don't seriously understand how people expect he'll improve when playing against players like Vertongen, or even Dunk and Mee.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
23-05-18, 16:34

:thumbup:

WJ99mobile
23-05-18, 16:53

Neil doesn't play him

I’ve heard it all now

Madine and Tomlin were all bought as a ploy to line the pockets of an agent. They haven’t had the desired effect since joining agreed but by Christ that’s a bigger conspiracy than the moon landing

WJ99mobile
23-05-18, 16:54

He’s outscored all our strikers.

WJ99mobile
23-05-18, 16:55
Yes, we would. He's not good enough, that's clear for all to see. He's still not scored, and even with a pen he wouldn't have scored from open play. He's had a good half and a cameo vs Sheff Utd in the Champ. I don't seriously understand how people expect he'll improve when playing against players like Vertongen, or even Dunk and Mee.

Have you been watching Cardiff the last 6 months? If so you’ll notice we haven’t been playing any balls to feet or even getting decent crosses in.

That’s why both Madine and Zohore have looked terrible.

Forest Green Bluebird
23-05-18, 17:05

I like Madine. Even though he should have found the net on a few occasions, he produced some valuable assists in important games and his presence allowed others to have more space. I hope he thrives with us next season.

BLUETIT
23-05-18, 17:15

I’ve heard it all now

Madine and Tomlin were all bought as a ploy to line the pockets of an agent. They haven’t had the desired effect since joining agreed but by Christ that’s a bigger conspiracy than the moon landing

WHAT MOON LANDING WOULD THAT BE ?

WJ99mobile
23-05-18, 17:22
I like Madine. Even though he should have found the net on a few occasions, he produced some valuable assists in important games and his presence allowed others to have more space. I hope he thrives with us next season.

He was asked to run the line. Chase down defenders. Win the headers.

He fluffed 2 chances, that’s all he’s done. Easier to score chances granted, but when we’re up against it next season, asking someone to fight for every ball, as were holding onto a 1-0 lead lumping it upfield I know he won’t be jumping out of challenges or giving half arsed headers

Fine Lines
23-05-18, 17:28
Have you been watching Cardiff the last 6 months? If so you’ll notice we haven’t been playing any balls to feet or even getting decent crosses in.

That’s why both Madine and Zohore have looked terrible.

Spot on.

xsnaggle
23-05-18, 17:50

Maybe it was this bit:----------"It is understood a seven-figure fee has now been paid in full by the Bluebirds, taking the total value of the striker’s transfer above the £6million mark"

But I dunno. you tell us. :shrug:

Bobby Dandruff
23-05-18, 18:53

If true, that is a monumental waste of money on a player who, from what many fans saw, is not even good enough for Championship football.

life on mars
23-05-18, 18:59
worth every penny his efforts paid for itself, especially in those games where he bullied the defenses and softened em up ,to let others take the opportunities.

leave him alone, Jesus we went up .

Villa and Grabban have yet to get there and that would have cost a lot more.

We had to get someone in, after we were used and gazumped

Bobby Dandruff
23-05-18, 19:00

We live in hope.....

Bobby Dandruff
23-05-18, 19:01
worth every penny his efforts paid for itself, especially in those games where he bullied the defenses and softened em up ,to let others take the opportunities.

🙈

life on mars
23-05-18, 19:06
��

Re run the away game at Norwich,changed out season that result ,he did a cracking job on them