PDA

View Full Version : Who will make the 25?

BLUEAWAY
31-07-18, 19:24
Etheridge
Smithies
Peltier
Manga
Morrison
Bamba
Bennett
Cunningham
Richards
Connolly
Gunnarsson
Ralls
Damour
Patterson
Reid
Murphy
Zohore
Madine
Ward
Healey
Hoilett
Mendez Laing
Deeney or replacement
Grujic or replacement
New midfielder

The wild card is Healey.
A poor decision maybe only having two keepers.

No place for Tomlin unless we don’t sign A N Other
No places for Pilkington, Bogle, Harris K, Camp.

Do any qualify to be able to play for other reasons?

jon1959
31-07-18, 19:35
I'm sure Brian Murphy will be in the 25. I also believe/agree the club are trying to bring in 3 more players for the 25.

On the evidence of pre-season Kadeem would be on the list and Rhys Healey would be on the way to a loan club.

But that means that 2 players on that list (for me the list includes Kadeem but not Rhys) will miss out. The most vulnerable - based on who has been shipped out to play at least one u23 game in pre season - are Kadeem and Matt Connolly. I think Damour and Richards are also fringe players - but they cover roles that are weak in the squad. Jazz maybe has the advantage of covering more positions? I can't see Neil Warnock dropping Madine.

I don't think any of the names are outside the 25 on age grounds?

Penarth Blues
31-07-18, 19:37
(GK)
Etheridge
Smithies
Murphy

(DEF)
Peltier
Manga
Morrison
Bamba
Bennett
Cunningham
Richards
Connolly

(MID)
Gunnarsson
Ralls
Damour
Patterson
Grujic/AN Other 1
AN Other 2

(WING)
Reid
Murphy
Hoilett
Mendez Laing

(ATTACK)
Zohore
Madine
Ward/AN Other 3
Harris K (WING) /Healey/Deeney/AN Other 4

I think the way we play we might need a spare winger and Reid/Hoilett can always support up front if needed.

Writing it out makes it clear how difficult things are to balance - and how stretched we are likely to be this season...

surge
31-07-18, 19:58
I can't work it out. Can see Warnock wanting an extra wide player or CB cover that I can't factor for and fans will want an extra two midfielders which I can't factor for either.

Des Parrot
31-07-18, 20:26
I think we're ok on the home grown player rule, only the following don't qualify (I think), Manga, Bamba, Gunnarson, Damour, Patterson, Grujic, Zohore.

The minimum is 8, we should have 18 (ish)

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
09-08-18, 13:22
Working from the squad list on the official site:

Etheridge, Smithies, B Murphy

Peltier, Richards
Bennett, Cunningham
Manga, Bamba
Connolly, Morrison

Ralls, Patterson
Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Damour

J Murphy, K Harris
Hoillett, NML
Reid, Ward

Zohore, Madine

This is assuming Tomlin, Pilkington, Healey and O'Keefe will be sold/sent on loan. However, the squad has one space left so either we sign someone else or one of these 4 will get the nod?

Dj's #3
09-08-18, 13:25
Healey has gone out on Loan i thought?

Penarth Blues
09-08-18, 15:20
If Arter and one other do arrive, then it looks as if either Damour or Connolly would miss out - and I'd expect it to be Damour. I wonder what will happen with Kadeem this season?

AlwaysAway2
09-08-18, 16:47
Penarth Blues might be right but mYbe not about who misses out. At least one disappointed player tomorrow.

jon1959
09-08-18, 17:01
I don't remember seeing any report of Healey going out on loan again - although earlier in the summer Warnock said he would like that to happen. He needs to play every week not warm a bench or play u23 matches.

O'Keefe has only just got back on the grass after a long-term injury.

If there is going to be a reprieve (and a place in the 25 man squad) for one of Tomlin, Pilkington, O'Keefe or Healey I hope it is Pilks.

Edit - Scratch that - just done a recount. With Arter signing there won't be any spare places in the 25 - so all of them will have to move on.

Bluebirdman Of Alcathays
09-08-18, 17:10
I should've waited for Arter to turn up before asking the question. Maybe DJ's #3 is thinking of Mark Harris going to Newport (unless I've missed something about Healey).

Des Parrot
09-08-18, 17:11

Peltier, Richards
Bennett, Cunningham
Manga, Bamba
Morrison, Connolly

Ralls, Patterson
Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Arter

J Murphy,
Hoillett, NML
Reid, Ward

Zohore, Madine

23 shoo-ins

Perm 2 from
Damour
K Harris
Tomlin
Pilkington
Healey

Cleve van Leef
09-08-18, 17:14

Peltier, Richards
Bennett, Cunningham
Manga, Bamba
Morrison, Connolly

Ralls, Patterson

J Murphy,
Hoillett, NML
Reid, Ward

Zohore, Madine

23 shoo-ins

Perm 2 from
Damour
K Harris
Tomlin
Pilkington
Healey

I’d go Damour, Healey (isn’t he classed as under 23/home grown youngster, so wouldn’t need to be included)

jon1959
09-08-18, 17:15
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-transfer-news-four-15010869

Cardiff City transfer news: The four players set to leave Bluebirds on loan....

They've probably got this right (for once).

Des Parrot
09-08-18, 17:16
I’d go Damour, Healey (isn’t he classed as under 23/home grown youngster, so wouldn’t need to be included)

No it's under 21. He's 23.

Chris Pontprennau Blues
09-08-18, 17:17
23 shoo-ins

Perm 2 from
Damour
K Harris
Tomlin
Pilkington
Healey[/QUOTE]

I think he will keep Damour and Tomlin or maybe Pilks :thumbup:

Penarth Blues
09-08-18, 17:18

Peltier, Richards
Bennett, Cunningham
Manga, Bamba
Morrison, Connolly

Ralls, Patterson

J Murphy,
Hoillett, NML
Reid, Ward

Zohore, Madine

23 shoo-ins

Perm 2 from
Damour
K Harris
Tomlin
Pilkington
Healey

I'd have said Damour and Kadeem except we are light for strikers. I wonder if Healey or Pilks might get the nod because of this, in which case I'd have thought Pilks instead of Damour, as he can cover midfield as well as striker.

jon1959
09-08-18, 17:54
Warnock has gone all pre-season with Tomlin, Pilkington and Healey in the u23 squad (and O'Keefe late on when he was fit to play).

He went all pre-season (bar a few mixed main/u23 games) with Kadeem, Damour, Madine, Ward, Connolly etc in the first team squad.

I would be amazed if he changes that around now.

Blue blood
09-08-18, 20:26
Warnock has gone all pre-season with Tomlin, Pilkington and Healey in the u23 squad (and O'Keefe late on when he was fit to play).

He went all pre-season (bar a few mixed main/u23 games) with Kadeem, Damour, Madine, Ward, Connolly etc in the first team squad.

I would be amazed if he changes that around now.

You're probably correct with this but I would prefer to keep Pilkington over Harris for the premier league.

BLUEAWAY
09-08-18, 21:38
[QUOTE=BLUEAWAY;4903465]
Etheridge
Smithies
Murphy
Peltier
Manga
Morrison
Bamba
Bennett
Cunningham
Richards
Connolly
Gunnarsson
Ralls
Damour
Patterson
Reid
Murphy
Zohore
Madine
Ward
Hoilett
Mendez
Camarasa
Arter
Tomlin

No places for Pilkington, Healey, K Harris

Penarth Blues
10-08-18, 08:06
[QUOTE=BLUEAWAY;4903465]
Etheridge
Smithies
Murphy
Peltier
Manga
Morrison
Bamba
Bennett
Cunningham
Richards
Connolly
Gunnarsson
Ralls
Damour
Patterson
Reid
Murphy
Zohore
Madine
Ward
Hoilett
Mendez
Camarasa
Arter
Kadeem

No places for Pilkington, Healey, Tomlin

Change Kadeem for Tomlin and I think that will be our squad

the other bob wilson
10-08-18, 08:17
[QUOTE=BLUEAWAY;4906448]

Change Kadeem for Tomlin and I think that will be our squad

I'd have Pilkington there before the two of them, but that's not going to happen.

Penarth Blues
10-08-18, 08:22
[QUOTE=Penarth Blues;4906545]

I'd have Pilkington there before the two of them, but that's not going to happen.

I agree that he's the better squad player, and I'd rather we kept him too, but I just can't see it after him being overlooked in pre-season

Des Parrot
10-08-18, 12:59
23 shoo-ins

Perm 2 from
Damour
K Harris
Tomlin
Pilkington
Healey

I think he will keep Damour and Tomlin or maybe Pilks :thumbup:

From NW's comments Damour is in then, so 24 fixed:

1 from
K Harris
Pilkington
Healey

Penarth Blues
10-08-18, 13:11
From NW's comments Damour is in then, so 24 fixed:

1 from
K Harris
Pilkington
Healey

I took it to mean that with 2 new mids in the team that Damour could be left out to accommodate another striker...

olderblue
10-08-18, 13:12

Peltier, Richards
Bennett, Cunningham
Manga, Bamba
Connolly, Morrison

Ralls, Patterson
Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Damour Arter

J Murphy, K Harris
Hoillett, NML
Reid, Ward

Zohore, Madine

Des Parrot
10-08-18, 13:13
I took it to mean that with 2 new mids in the team that Damour could be left out to accommodate another striker...

:hehe: I read it as we missed out on a striker so I have to include one.

We'll all be wrong & he'll do a u-turn on Tomlin

Fine Lines
10-08-18, 13:59
When we needs goal , Tomlin is the most likely to make something happen. Hope he gets in the squad.

Igovernor
10-08-18, 15:34
From Wales online today

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-premier-league-squad-15014849

Neil Warnock revealed he was faced with a late dilemma when finalising his 25-man Cardiff City squad for the 2018/19 Premier League campaign.

Under Premier League rules, all 20 clubs have to submit their squads to officials the day after transfer deadline day, which this year for the first time came before the start of the new season.

The Bluebirds brought in Victor Camarasa and Harry Arter on season-long loan deals from Real Betis and Bournemouth respectively on transfer deadline day, with both set to feature in his 25-man squad for the season.

And speaking ahead of his side's opening day clash with Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium, Warnock admitted he had a change of heart over one player on the eve of the campaign having thought differently on deadline day.