PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Tan vs Swansea owners

thehumblegringo
09-08-18, 15:11
All those who think he's a bad owner, take a look at what is going on at Swansea at the moment. They're an absolute car crash.

Selling all their assets on the cheap while pretending to be interested in Ryan Woods then pulling out at the 11th hour!

Tan has been brilliant in comparison. That Jack to a King documentary looks like a parody film now

goats
09-08-18, 15:14
Did I hear right on talkbollox yesterday that VT only owns 51% of our club? Surely that can’t be right? Why would he bother paying off all the debts and turning it to equity. Turning into a great owner I think. Yank hedge fund selling off everything that can do a keep up, shall we have a bucket collection for them 1st home game? They were short 3 grand to get woods I hear...lol

jamieccfc
09-08-18, 15:15
They’ve sold all their CB’s havent they? ��

Igovernor
09-08-18, 15:17
Did I hear right on talkbollox yesterday that VT only owns 51% of our club? Surely that can’t be right? Why would he bother paying off all the debts and turning it to equity. Turning into a great owner I think. Yank hedge fund selling off everything that can do a keep up, shall we have a bucket collection for them 1st home game? They were short 3 grand to get woods I hear...lol

NO, since he converted that £80m debt into shares, I think he now owns about 91%, notsure of the exact %

ZZ Jack
09-08-18, 15:21
All those who think he's a bad owner, take a look at what is going on at Swansea at the moment. They're an absolute car crash.

Selling all their assets on the cheap while pretending to be interested in Ryan Woods then pulling out at the 11th hour!

Tan has been brilliant in comparison. That Jack to a King documentary looks like a parody film now

That is so true. I never thought VT would keep putting money in after the red shirt debacle, but he did.

I cant see our lot being so committed and believe they'll rape the club and leave. Best we can hope for is they go before we drop out of the league and Jenkins, Morgan et al, keep their millions in a high interest account, so they can come back in, buy the club for a pound and start again, with a bit more wonga this time.

Well, south Wales football is never boring. :hehe:

ccfcwelshlad
09-08-18, 15:25

Jack to a King; King to a Judas.

binman
09-08-18, 15:35

They paid £16m for Clucas 12 months ago and are now off loading him for £6m
Borja £15.5 m on loan to Alaves
Mesa £11m - on loan to Sevilla
Bony£12m - £100k a week allegedly and a crock nobody wants
Andre Ayew and Jordan Ayew - £25m for the pair - both out on loan

Well played Sir Huw - well played

Auntie Andy
09-08-18, 15:38
Have a look at Planet Swans it’s in meltdown. Apologies to the good jacks who post on here but after the vile stuff thrown at us by some of the jacks on there, feck em.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/227800/protestsi-mean-real-protests-need-to-start./#3

To think how they lorded it over us makes it all the sweeter

cyril evans awaydays
09-08-18, 16:08
That is so true. I never thought VT would keep putting money in after the red shirt debacle, but he did.

I cant see our lot being so committed and believe they'll rape the club and leave. Best we can hope for is they go before we drop out of the league and Jenkins, Morgan et al, keep their millions in a high interest account, so they can come back in, buy the club for a pound and start again, with a bit more wonga this time.

It's not all doom and gloom. I am sure I read somewhere you were out of the Woods!

goats
09-08-18, 16:12

Is that their master plan is it? Great bluff they are doing, even more fans will hate Jenkins after this window. I can’t see him dipping into the reported £17 million he has “earned” from his original 250k outlay......

ZZ Jack
09-08-18, 16:29
We're doomed, doomed I tell yea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EH1G4EwljM

Croesy Blue
09-08-18, 16:41
Funny how quickly things change in football, I won’t be shouting too loudly about it who knows when we’ll be back in the shit.

Lawnmower
09-08-18, 17:09
Funny how quickly things change in football, I won’t be shouting too loudly about it who knows when we’ll be back in the shit.

Wise words. 12 months ago the gap between the clubs looks impossible to bridge and now we are looking down and laughing.

It could so easily be reversed in 9 months.

Croesy Blue
09-08-18, 17:12
Exactly 2 or 3 years ago they were the best run club in the land playing good passing football, look how quickly that all came unravelled. I’m happy we are above them for a bit but we all know how quick that can change.

BlueArmy 86
09-08-18, 17:13
It's not all doom and gloom. I am sure I read somewhere you were out of the Woods!
:hehe:

goats
09-08-18, 17:57
Exactly 2 or 3 years ago they were the best run club in the land playing good passing football, look how quickly that all came unravelled. I’m happy we are above them for a bit but we all know how quick that can change.

Incredible the cash they blew in the last 2 years, wage bill up to £90 million. If ever there was a thought about caution just look west to that decaying town they call home. All those Neath, port talbot and west wales bluebirds can walk the walk again

DubaiDai
09-08-18, 18:04
Wise words. 12 months ago the gap between the clubs looks impossible to bridge and now we are looking down and laughing.

It could so easily be reversed in 9 months.

To be fair, watched them against Sheffield United and thought they looked OK.
New manager may turn out to be successful ?

waynekerr55
09-08-18, 19:06
That Jack to a King was a marketing stunt that hooked some daft investors to buy a club that had a spiralling wage bill with a chairman who thought he was Brian Clough reincarnated
Fixed for you

Words fail me. Curt's boy has been tweeting some stuff out. Problem is our fans are now more artisan than partisan- how Jenkins and co can show their faces is beyond me.

Not that you lot care :hehe: