PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts and tactical output on yesterday's performance

Zenith
01-10-18, 12:43
https://behindthegoal.cymru/2018/10/01/what-needs-to-be-done-to-end-cardiffs-winless-campaign/

Stavross1927
01-10-18, 13:08
Agree with the team you’d like to see and also the fact that Morrison should not take so many long throws, it should be left to the full backs especially in our own half. Sometimes we slow the play down in the opposition half waiting for Morrison to take a long throw and inveriably nothing comes of it, when we need to keep things moving. There’s a time and a place for long throws but it’s good to mix it up.

I’d add for the 1st Burnley goal, that it was a basic error to let the runner go, I think it was Joe Ralls, and goes to show you can be punished for such mistakes.

Zenith
01-10-18, 16:59
Agree with the team you’d like to see and also the fact that Morrison should not take so many long throws, it should be left to the full backs especially in our own half. Sometimes we slow the play down in the opposition half waiting for Morrison to take a long throw and inveriably nothing comes of it, when we need to keep things moving. There’s a time and a place for long throws but it’s good to mix it up.

I’d add for the 1st Burnley goal, that it was a basic error to let the runner go, I think it was Joe Ralls, and goes to show you can be punished for such mistakes.

I just think the decision to take long throws from our own half are bonkers. Unless we had a player who could throw it 100 yards, what's the point?

Baloo
01-10-18, 17:33
A 4-2-3-1 looks a good formation for us to me. Looks solid defensively and we have options for the wide men and attacking midfielder. Got a couple of decent pressing defensive midfielders. I know fek all but looks suited to us.

Wales-Bales
01-10-18, 18:04
That's probably the only permutation Neil hasn't tried .. yet!

Zenith
01-10-18, 20:31
A 4-2-3-1 looks a good formation for us to me. Looks solid defensively and we have options for the wide men and attacking midfielder. Got a couple of decent pressing defensive midfielders. I know fek all but looks suited to us.
I think two sitting players are essential. We have been battered in midfield in just about every game.

Hopefully Gunnar is back soon.

Wolff
01-10-18, 20:43
For me we have numerous formations in us, and it might just be what we need trying them out. But I am really disappointed we didn’t adjust when we had defensive control, and clearly struggled to find balance in the final third yesterday. We need to adjust during games also, not just pre match.