PDA

View Full Version : Decent Independent Restaurants Around The City

Peajay
07-10-18, 08:56
Looking for recommendations for nice 'night out' restaurants around the city. We went to Sharm Nights, not really a 'night out' eatery but the food was different in abundance and good (although very salty)

I hear there are some good places around Canton.

What would be your choice for a night out with the lady ?

Penarth Blues
07-10-18, 09:21
Not sure what you like in the way of food but Mina's (Lebanese) and Signor Valentino's (upper end Italian) would always be high on my list of places to choose to eat in Cardiff.

The Bar 44 places near the Millenium Stadium should be good, but I've not eaten in them to be sure.

The Bob Banker Spanker
07-10-18, 10:13
Went to Shaam the other week with my missus, very nice I would say.
Bully’s got good reviews as has The Clink.

insider
07-10-18, 10:42
http://www.calabrisellacardiff.com/CardiffPizzerias/
If you like pizza and pasta Calabrisella opposite the Ivor Davies is good quality and relatively cheap.

Wolff
07-10-18, 11:02
I always use the Michelin guide when looking for new places. Have lead to some top meals. Also top street foods. Recommend it 👍

Zenith
07-10-18, 11:15
Saray :thumbup:

https://www.sarayturkishcuisine.co.uk/

goats
07-10-18, 11:19
Looking for recommendations for nice 'night out' restaurants around the city. We went to Sharm Nights, not really a 'night out' eatery but the food was different in abundance and good (although very salty)

Bar 44 is really good, been 5 or 6 times now, good atmosphere and good food. Thai place in Whitchurch up there too

walinoz
07-10-18, 12:44
Maria’s Greek taverna on Crwys road
Home made Greek food well worth a visit

The Bob Banker Spanker
07-10-18, 13:28
Maria’s Greek taverna on Crwys road
Home made Greek food well worth a visit

Yup as is Hellenic Eatery just a couple of doors down.

walinoz
07-10-18, 14:01
Yup as is Hellenic Eatery just a couple of doors down.

that’s just a kebab shop in comparison

alipops
07-10-18, 16:11
that’s just a kebab shop in comparison

Veggie Food Studio always excellent

Wales-Bales
07-10-18, 16:17
I've heard a lot of stories about what the chefs get up to in the kitchen!

ryder bluebird
07-10-18, 16:49
The Potted Pig in town has never disappointed, and their owner's offspring Milkwood in Pontcanna is also good. La Cuina is good to.

These are local to me and can be recommended. Have wanted to try The Clink, but haven't got round to it yet.

Didn't think Bar 44 in town was nearly as good as the one in Penarth, but only went there once so it might just have been an off-night.

Der Kaiser
07-10-18, 17:30
The dough thrower in canton is very good.

A Quiet Monkfish
07-10-18, 17:57

You're seriously seeking advice from posters on this board as to where to take a lady out for dinner ?

Tuerto
07-10-18, 18:33
I've heard a lot of stories about what the chefs get up to in the kitchen!

That's only when you're there!

mrbluejay
07-10-18, 21:56
Curado is very good.

J R Hartley
08-10-18, 06:23
Bar 44 is highly recommended

life on mars
08-10-18, 07:25
Go to Bristol king of independent retailers, eateries,music .