PDA

View Full Version : O/T Broadband dongles or similar

Mad as a fish
24-10-18, 17:54
Sorry I am bothering you but the advice I have asked for in the past has been perfect. I am moving from an area with Tortoise slow Broadband to an area with fibre and a speed of 76MBPS and would like some advice on the best dongle to get. Bear in mind I am 70 and need to be able to handle it.
Cheers boys. Bluebirds for a Draw with Liverpool .

blue matt
25-10-18, 00:24
Sorry I am bothering you but the advice I have asked for in the past has been perfect. I am moving from an area with Tortoise slow Broadband to an area with fibre and a speed of 76MBPS and would like some advice on the best dongle to get. Bear in mind I am 70 and need to be able to handle it.

76 Meg is a decent speed, you will not really need a Dongle ( unless you mean a wifi dongle for your PC ), just choose a provider, i guess the 76 Meg line is with BT ( as that is one of the Infinity speeds ( though it might not be quiet that quick )) , they will send you everything you need, a router which will plug into your phone line, you will then connect to that with either a Cat 5 cable or wifi

Robin Friday's Ghost
25-10-18, 05:41
Probably best if you describe what you think you need this dongle for. As matt said above it doesn't sound as if you'll need one so maybe a misunderstanding?

Taunton Blue Genie
25-10-18, 07:02

Sounds like you may need a few terrapins of memory.

Mad as a fish
25-10-18, 11:00
76 Meg is a decent speed, you will not really need a Dongle ( unless you mean a wifi dongle for your PC ), just choose a provider, i guess the 76 Meg line is with BT ( as that is one of the Infinity speeds ( though it might not be quiet that quick )) , they will send you everything you need, a router which will plug into your phone line, you will then connect to that with either a Cat 5 cable or wifi

Thanks for the reply Matt , maybe I was not using the correct term. I wanted the plug in that gives you extra channels, sport etc.

Mad as a fish
25-10-18, 11:01
Sounds like you may need a few terrapins of memory.

Stop it!:hehe:

Igovernor
25-10-18, 11:45
Thanks for the reply Matt , maybe I was not using the correct term. I wanted the plug in that gives you extra channels, sport etc.
That would be an android box eg mx2 or similar,

blue matt
25-10-18, 11:59

Legit Channels ? ?? So Firestick, Nowtv stick

Or not so legit ( shall we call it " grey area " ) as Igovernor said, android box / stick

someone on here was going a IPTV line, people speak highly of it :thumbup:

Igovernor
25-10-18, 13:03
Stop it!:hehe:

You have a pm