PDA

View Full Version : Drinking at the match

delmbox
26-10-18, 09:56
I love a beer before and after the footie, and half time if I'm in the mood but this

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/efl-chairman-calls-for-review-on-alcohol-ban-at-football-matches-205679

would be a terrible idea. People constantly in and out for lagers and toilet, people hammered, it's already causing problems at the rugby. Personally I think leave as is

Don Corleone
26-10-18, 10:02
I love a beer before and after the footie, and half time if I'm in the mood but this

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/efl-chairman-calls-for-review-on-alcohol-ban-at-football-matches-205679

would be a terrible idea. People constantly in and out for lagers and toilet, people hammered, it's already causing problems at the rugby. Personally I think leave as isdf

Agree, the rugby is a nightmare with people constantly back and fore for beer and the toilet. I enjoy a pint before the game and occasionally one afterwards but can quite well manage the 90 minutes without a beer

Malckent
26-10-18, 10:14
Drinking at the game would be a nightmare. Beer everywhere when we score, getting up and down for the full bladder brigade and no chanting or clapping anymore well not with a pint of beer in your hand.

Pedro de la Rosa
26-10-18, 10:17

would be a terrible idea. People constantly in and out for lagers and toilet, people hammered, it's already causing problems at the rugby. Personally I think leave as is

Leave it as it is, you just have to look at rugby and cricket (thankfully cricket is stop start already) to see it would be a nonstop stream of people popping out for a pint.

Harry Monk
26-10-18, 10:25
Drinking at the game would be a nightmare. Beer everywhere when we score, getting up and down for the full bladder brigade and no chanting or clapping anymore well not with a pint of beer in your hand.

Safe standing will stop that, it'll be rivers of pi55 on the terraces.

Jimmy the Jock
26-10-18, 11:05
Safe standing will stop that, it'll be rivers of pi55 on the terraces.

Perfect.

Might not be such a good look on level 3 though.

Harry Monk
26-10-18, 11:09
Perfect.

Might not be such a good look on level 3 though.

Worse for those below the top tiers.

City123
26-10-18, 13:43
Leave it as it is. Have a pint before the game, after the game and at half time if you must

lardy
26-10-18, 13:46
Given that the fad of chucking your pint in the air when there's a goal was born this summer, it would be a terrible time to introduce this.

City123
26-10-18, 13:49
Given that the fad of chucking your pint in the air when there's a goal was born this summer, it would be a terrible time to introduce this.
That really pisses me off, what a waste of beer!

For Wales and some of England's goals it was understandable and organic, but doing it at 4-0 against Panama? Obviously just doing it to show people how "mental" you are

life on mars
26-10-18, 18:39
Best left as is it works okay now , unfortunately humans have a tendency too not behaviour well in drink, and I'm pretty sure we would have booze everywhere, chucked in the air , spilt under seats , bladder breaks increased tenfold, lads unable to carry drinks back to seats without dropping them .,etc ,etc .

bobh
26-10-18, 19:42
I love a beer or two before the game.
But i wouldn't drink that pi$$ they serve at the ground, especially in those flimsy plastic 'glasses' that seem to make it taste even worse.

Der Kaiser
26-10-18, 20:15

Wales fans were extremely guilty of doing this during the 2016 euros.

RichardM
26-10-18, 21:20
Wales fans were extremely guilty of doing this during the 2016 euros.
It wasn't beer, there were only soft drinks available in the stadia.

RichardM
26-10-18, 21:21
I love a beer or two before the game.
But i wouldn't drink that pi$$ they serve at the ground, especially in those flimsy plastic 'glasses' that seem to make it taste even worse.
Couldn't agree more

Der Kaiser
26-10-18, 21:37
It wasn't beer, there were only soft drinks available in the stadia.

Sorry, should have been more specific, Wales fans in the fanzone in Cardiff.